Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

19 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> caught by the fuzz: to shave or not to shave
auralpoison
post Mar 17 2011, 07:40 AM
Post #1

Big Fat Bitch

Great. Juuuuust great. Thanks, Mattel. Most of your dolls already force unrealistic beauty ideals on little girls, now you're starting on body hair, too.

Again, paint me as judgmental if you will, but waxing/shaving little kids is just WACK.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
anarch
post Mar 3 2011, 01:21 AM
Post #2

Hardcore BUSTie

Shit. Supatra is this rock-solid as a kid... what a force of nature she'll be as an adult.

Thanks for linking this.

+Quote Post
genghis cunt
post Mar 2 2011, 07:42 PM
Post #3

BUSTie

Love her!

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Mar 1 2011, 02:31 PM
Post #4

Big Fat Bitch

Here's to keepin' it REAL! Supatra Sasuphan is Guinness's hairiest girl in the world & takes it in stride. She's got spunk & spirit in spades! She's a normal little girl with big dreams! This little sweetie OWNS!

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
nbdx0645
post Jan 20 2011, 10:10 PM
Post #5

Hardcore BUSTie

<rage>
I'm going to throw child pageants that are really just sting operations to get kids taken away from terrible parents.

+Quote Post
damona
post Jan 20 2011, 09:27 PM
Post #6

can i go to bed now?

good maud, what is wrong with people? i refuse to get my eyebrows waxed cuz that shit hurts! how can someone not only justify doing this to a child, but do it on tv and not get hauled up for child abuse? it's sick. absolutely sick.

i shaved my legs today, for the first time in about 2 months, just cuz i felt like it. i've never in my life shaved my underarms, rarely shave my legs, and once in a great while, i pluck my eyebrows and/or my bikini line. i prefer to pluck my pubes because i don't get ingrowns when i do that, unlike shaving. *shudders* i had an ex who insisted that i be completely hairless every time we were together, and i hated it. it was actually a part of why i decided to leave that relationship.

--------------------
"give me life, give me pain, give me myself again" - tori amos

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jan 16 2011, 11:25 PM
Post #7

Big Fat Bitch

Once again, feel free to call me judgmental on this kiddie waxing issue. She's five. FIVE. She is young enough that she can still be bribed with CANDY. Beauty pageants are already really creepy things, but to FORCE a five year old girl to get waxed so that mommy can live vicariously through her & win "prizes"? "Prizes" that are generally worth significantly less than what the pageant family put into clothes, makeup, hair, cosmetic dentistry, lessons in god knows how many things & their "talent". Yeah, that's FUCKED.

--------------------

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Nov 28 2010, 05:12 AM
Post #8

Big Fat Bitch

*bump* for Wondermist! There's a whole buncha big fat hairy info here! I suggest scrolling through the archives, Busties have tried it all at one time or another!

QUOTE(lux @ Nov 2 2010, 02:00 PM) *
I really don't feel like i deserve this attack, but i'll respond against my better judgment.

What attack? I dunno if it's your speed reading or the language barrier or what, but there was no attack, no torches or pitchforks. I did ask you two personal questions: one as to your language/punctuation because choice of wording can be informative & why body hair squicked you out.

Also, passive-aggressive much?

The reason is that i put it that way was because i was in a hurry and didn't really have all that much time to write. And English is not my first language, so phrasing in a hurry is problem for me. Yes i probably should have written growing more body hair or something else. I just don't think i was extensively hairy at the time, it just felt like it.That is why i used quotation.

Aaaaaand now I know the answer to my first question.

I got zero guidance or response to reaching puberty because i was a bit on the young side. It was really confusing, and ignoring this did not make me feel anymore normal about body hair than waxing my eye brows would have.

QUOTE(genghis cunt @ Nov 2 2010, 04:59 PM) *
If I had a daughter, trust me, there will be no bikini waxes. But if there is such obvious hair and it seriously affected the way schoolmates treated her, then I would offer a razor, but not insist she shave. I'm glad I started shaving when I did.

I also developed very early & I'm very sorry that nobody took the time to tell you about the body changes that puberty causes, Lux. That is unfortunate & I'm sure was very confusing for you. I agree with you totally that ignoring body hair or just waxing it without explanation would be equally confounding to a kid.

This where my comments about fostering a positive body image in girls & being able to have a savvy conversation with them about it came from. It seemed to me that the women in the article were more interested in their daughters conforming to the ideal standard of beauty instilled by the media rather than just being the beautiful, carefree little girls they are. I think that puberty should be discussed with girls before coming to these "beauty" decisions & that ALL LITTLE GIRLS SHOULD FEEL GOOD ABOUT THEMSELVES, PERIOD.

And as I said, if the child was uncomfortable with their appearance for their own reasons, NOT because mommy wants a pretty perfect princess, then by all means talk about it & find a reasonable solution.

You're original post just came off really judgmental.

If it's judgmental of me to object to a preteen being waxed, then hand me a sash & a crown & make me queen of the judgmental float. Because it's fucked up for an adult to impose adult genital grooming on somebody that still plays with Barbie.

Next time i'll just fight my urge to comment here.

Again, passive-aggressive much?

One of the things I like about the Lounge is the different opinions, ideas, & dreams of the people that roll up in here. Good debate keeps the brain juices flowing, yo. You wanna take your ball & go home & put it all on big bad ol' meanie AP, you do what you have to. We'll leave a light on for you just in case you make your way back.

--------------------

+Quote Post
lyly10388
post Nov 23 2010, 12:11 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(lux @ Nov 2 2010, 01:00 PM) *
I really don't feel like i deserve this attack, but i'll respond against my better judgment.

The reason is that i put it that way was because i was in a hurry and didn't really have all that much time to write. And English is not my first language, so phrasing in a hurry is problem for me. Yes i probably should have written growing more body hair or something else. I just don't think i was extensively hairy at the time, it just felt like it.That is why i used quotation. I got zero guidance or response to reaching puberty because i was a bit on the young side. It was really confusing, and ignoring this did not make me feel anymore normal about body hair than waxing my eye brows would have.

You're original post just came off really judgmental. Next time i'll just fight my urge to comment here.

I also think so.

--------------------

+Quote Post
genghis cunt
post Nov 2 2010, 03:59 PM
Post #10

BUSTie

I feel the need to comment here.

I was the hairy girl in school. I had full-on underarm hair and pubic hair in the third grade. I didn't think anything of it until I wore a sleeveless shirt to school. The girls kept asking me to raise my arms, then they'd laugh and call names. When I told my mom that aftenoon, she taught me how to shave my underarms. She took me to get my eyebrows waxed in middle school, when I started resembling a Polish version of Frida Kahlo. I was picked on enough already, and I didn't need the hair situation to make things worse.

These days, I shave my legs and underarms and trim my crotch. My eyebrows grow into a nice shape now, so I just do maintenance tweezing. I wax my lip, chin, neck, and jaw because otherwise I would look like Zack Galifinakis. However, I leave my arms alone. They are hairy, but I don't care. I've had two men tell me to shave them, and another told me not to because hair on a woman's arms is "beautiful." I would not shave at all if it weren't so obvious, but I have very coarse, dark hair and very pale skin. So that is my choice.

If I had a daughter, trust me, there will be no bikini waxes. But if there is such obvious hair and it seriously affected the way schoolmates treated her, then I would offer a razor, but not insist she shave. I'm glad I started shaving when I did.

+Quote Post
lux
post Nov 2 2010, 01:00 PM
Post #11

BUSTie

The reason is that i put it that way was because i was in a hurry and didn't really have all that much time to write. And English is not my first language, so phrasing in a hurry is problem for me. Yes i probably should have written growing more body hair or something else. I just don't think i was extensively hairy at the time, it just felt like it.That is why i used quotation. I got zero guidance or response to reaching puberty because i was a bit on the young side. It was really confusing, and ignoring this did not make me feel anymore normal about body hair than waxing my eye brows would have.

You're original post just came off really judgmental. Next time i'll just fight my urge to comment here.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Nov 2 2010, 12:22 PM
Post #12

Big Fat Bitch

QUOTE(lux @ Nov 2 2010, 02:58 AM) *
AP- I agree with you on that mom's taking their very young daughters for brazilians is a bit weird. For other hair removal though, i don't think it's that strange. People develop at different ages. I really wish my mom would have been more attentive in teaching me about that kind of stuff when i was 10 and starting to be "hairy".

Look, it's one thing if your baby girl is wookie-like hirsute, doesn't like it/is bullied & wants to get something done . . . BUT waxing an eight year old's eyebrows is just going too far.

I am fully cognizant that people develop at different rates, I do not dispute this. My problem with this is about giving girls an unhealthy body image from a young age. Why instill shame over something that is normal & natural (like body hair), especially when a child doesn't perceive it as such? What is that telling a child? It's telling a child that you are not good enough as you are, you need fixing. It's selling out your kid to the media standard idea of beauty before they can really even grasp it. Basically, grown-ass people can do whatever they like to themselves, I just think we should leave the little ones out of it until they are capable of discussing it in a savvy way.

Also, Lux, you are an adult, yet you still felt the need to euphemistically put the word hairy in quotations instead of saying 'sprouting hair in my armpits, on my pudenda* & legs'. What exactly about body hair squicks you so?

I have short tufts in my armpits, a well-landscaped bush (I used to wax, my old man didn't like it), & weirdly hairy legs. I say weirdly because I cross my legs a lot so there's really only a single strip of hair about two inches wide from my knee to my ankle because of friction. The only time I ever notice is when somebody else does & I'm pretty much in the "fuck 'em if the don't like it" camp.

* I chose pudenda because it's the singular of the Latin pudenda, from neuter plural of pudendus, gerundive of pud“re: to be ashamed. Like having a pussy is something to be ashamed of! Fuck you, patriarchy, we give life!

--------------------

+Quote Post
lux
post Nov 2 2010, 01:58 AM
Post #13

BUSTie

AP- I agree with you on that mom's taking their very young daughters for brazilians is a bit weird. For other hair removal though, i don't think it's that strange. People develop at different ages. I really wish my mom would have been more attentive in teaching me about that kind of stuff when i was 10 and starting to be "hairy".

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Nov 1 2010, 07:14 PM
Post #14

Big Fat Bitch

Little girls do NOT need to be waxing anything! Great googly moogly! I remember when I started shaving my legs, I think I was thirteen-fourteen or so. But waxing the coochie of a preteen? Is just plain crazy.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lunalu
post Jun 25 2010, 03:10 AM
Post #15

BUSTie

What are your thoughts on laser hair removal? I would appreciate any thoughts on the effectiveness, where to do it, or the side affects, if any. I'm thinking about it seriously on the pits, but I need some more reliable info because I don't know if it is a good idea to stop the natural and healthy balance of the body, like what happens once the hair stops growing permanently?

--------------------
"All young women begin by believing they can change and reform the men they marry. They can't." ~George Bernard Shaw

+Quote Post
lux
post May 20 2010, 01:26 AM
Post #16

BUSTie

I don't think it's from waxing smile.gif But i'm a bit worried it might make it worse. So shaving it is.

The thing is, it seems to have appeared after i have been exercising more, taking my vitamins more diligently and trying to avoid eating too much. They've always been a bit more visible than on others, because i'm very pale. This should probably be on the long list of stuff i should take up with my doctor. Not very good at making appointments.

+Quote Post
angie_21
post May 19 2010, 03:47 PM
Post #17

Hardcore BUSTie

I really don't know if waxing can do that to your legs! I would say if your veins are starting to show, make sure you are eating a full diet, getting all your vitamins and nutrients, to keep your skin and veins strong and healthy. And make sure you aren't always standing or sitting all day so your circulation is healthy too

+Quote Post
lux
post May 19 2010, 12:04 PM
Post #18

BUSTie

Some people have made this claim to me. People who actually wax/epilate self. But i haven't really noticed much difference in the hair on my legs. I've been waxing them since i was about 13. So, though i have shaved a couple of years in between, if this was true, i should have seen the difference all ready. I was kinda hoping that would happen some day. I'm not all that bothered with my body hair, but sometimes i wish there would be less things to worry about. And no, i'm not planning to grow all out. Maybe i'm brainwashed by the patriarchy, but i still would like to be less hairy than my man.

Yet another thing smile.gif The veins on my legs have started to become very visible. Should i stop with the waxing? I'm a bit freaked out about them, so i haven't dared in the last couple of months after noticing how much they'd changed.

+Quote Post
angie_21
post May 19 2010, 10:29 AM
Post #19

Hardcore BUSTie

someone told me that when you wax, it can kill a couple follicles once in a while if the hair is ripped out agressively enough. Which might be why epilating seems to be more likely to make your hair stop growing in than waxing. I found when I epilated (compared to waxing) it seemed to take longer to grow back.. but it still all came back after a while, no matter what, just as dark and thick as ever!

+Quote Post
Persiflager
post May 18 2010, 02:46 PM
Post #20

Hardcore BUSTie

Waxing has made a big difference on my legs - they started growing back finer after about a year of waxing regularly (now getting on for about 6 years). Mind you, I started out with pretty hairy legs.

--------------------
“Logic is the art of going wrong with confidence.”
Morris Kline (mathematician, author) 1908-1992

+Quote Post

19 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 14, 2014 - 09:57 PM