The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

120 Pages V  « < 111 112 113 114 115 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Crimes of Fashion part Deux...this time, it's personal.
hellotampon
post May 17 2006, 06:12 PM
Post #2241

Hardcore BUSTie

Brown gauchos, flip flops, and a VERY short, very tight white tee-shirt with a glittery playboy logo on the chest.

...on a middle-aged woman.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
curioushair
post May 17 2006, 03:54 PM
Post #2242

Hardcore BUSTie

I saw a pair of camouflage-print gauchos at Target. They were hideous just hanging on the rack.

--------------------
Standing in the middle of life with my pants behind me.

+Quote Post
pepper
post May 17 2006, 08:30 AM
Post #2243

angry *snort* four year old *hysterics*! ooh, special.

share girl, pass those eyesores around!

+Quote Post
dusty
post May 17 2006, 07:08 AM
Post #2244

Hardcore BUSTie

Camo on a poodle. 'Nuff said.

+Quote Post
herculesgirl
post May 17 2006, 12:17 AM
Post #2245

Hardcore BUSTie

Ap: you're kidding, right? Please tell me you're kidding...

*cries*

+Quote Post
tyger
post May 16 2006, 11:22 PM
Post #2246

Hardcore BUSTie

AP, you gonna start a photoblog or some such so we can witness the horrors? though i do have to say, i can picture that outfit without a visual aid, and it truly is terrifying

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post May 16 2006, 11:19 PM
Post #2247

Big Fat Bitch

I now know why the camera phone was invented. I have been surreptitiously snapping horrors for my own amusement. Yesterday on a forty odd year old woman: knee length, uneven (I think they call it handkerchief?)/unfinished hem lilac/pink/white dip-dyed tulle skirt. The oh so two years ago kitten heel flipflops that she couldn't keep her feet in that made her ankles wobble awkwardly. They had a cluster of purple peonie (They were puffy & syntethic.) like things on the tops. WHITE marching band style (Looked like she & the guy from the Strokes shopped at the same uniform store.) jacket. A layer of one lilac t shirt, two tanks, white & pink. Topping it off, her hair in two high ponytails on either side of her head, stuffed with; get this: two purle chopsticks each. She was forty-two if she was a day, but dressed like an angry four year old going to her first day of preschool that refused to let mommy/daddy/nanny dress her.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
maimy
post May 16 2006, 06:57 PM
Post #2248

Hardcore BUSTie

Luci, you just made my day. Hee.

+Quote Post
ginger_kitty
post May 15 2006, 07:16 PM
Post #2249

Hardcore BUSTie

She mullets and flamenco sweaters, heehee, I needed that!:-)

--------------------
-We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different.

-What we think, we become.

+Quote Post
pepper
post May 15 2006, 07:14 PM
Post #2250

oh. god. that is dreadful luci.

+Quote Post
lucizoe
post May 15 2006, 05:59 PM
Post #2251

Mr. Flibble's very cross.

I just walked past a girl doing the whole cowboy boots over super-tight jeans thing, with belt over her sweater. Sweater. Ok, you know those silly costumes favored by those attempting to portray male flamenco dancers? with layers upon layers of fabric comprising ruffly sleeves? often accompanied by maracas? Yeah, that was her sweater.

I laughed a little inside, and then I cried, because someone designed, manufactured, and sold that sweater. And she bought it and saw fit to wear it. I wish I had taken a picture.

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post May 15 2006, 05:10 PM
Post #2252

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

There's a woman who works in the same building as me, for one of our sister companies. She's short, petite, has a sort of awkward face, big thick glasses. She has this really bad mullet-y haricut and as if that wasn't bad enough, over the weekend, she got it permed. She looked like an Irish Water Spaniel!

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
gumby_cc
post May 15 2006, 04:33 PM
Post #2253

Hardcore BUSTie

sorry to just jump in with complete disregard to the conversation, but I just saw this and the first thing I thought was how I just HAD to share it with you guys...
So there was a woman in her 40s in overalls (I won't even go there) who I walked past outside while it was moderately raining. Stupid me--I forgot my umbrella and so did she. But I proudly got wet while she wore a mop on her head. YES. A MOP. ON HER HEAD. She held the handle in her hand and brushed the noodle parts aside so you could see her face. It was amazing.

+Quote Post
lucizoe
post May 15 2006, 11:46 AM
Post #2254

Mr. Flibble's very cross.

*ahem* will say, my mummy is a teacher and she's got a fabulous sense of style. Not in the high-heels/skirts sort of sense, but she's always adorable. She's short and honestly looks like a little Englishman in her trendy pants and maryjanes and clunky accessories.

I had a law prof once who actually and whole-heartedly embraced the tweed-jacket-with-leather-elbow-patches and corduroy pants ensemble. In fact, he was so old he probably started it.

+Quote Post
herculesgirl
post May 15 2006, 11:18 AM
Post #2255

Hardcore BUSTie

Ah, the fashion sense, or lack thereof, of teachers and professors!

I'm sure I've posted the story of my dad's favorite pair of pants, that just happened to be a nifty green and yellow plaid...

+Quote Post
tyger
post May 15 2006, 10:48 AM
Post #2256

Hardcore BUSTie

blanche, i have noticed fashion sense going out the window with teaching degrees. like my science teacher who wore skirts up to her armpits, and then just frumpiness everywhere.

i have to say, though, i don't even bother considering the awful hawaiian shirts all the male teachers at my old highschool wear fridays COFs. because friday is hawaiian shirt day. also know as 'find the ugliest hawaiian shirt at the thrift store' day. i usually try and visit my old school on fridays for the nostalgia of it

+Quote Post
bklynhermit
post May 15 2006, 10:44 AM
Post #2257

Hardcore BUSTie

yay!

i have some pretty cool friends who are teachers. i will ask them about it.

+Quote Post
bklynhermit
post May 13 2006, 08:50 PM
Post #2258

Hardcore BUSTie

ooh, how could i have forgotten this?

my jeopardy audition yesterday. most people there were just garden variety frumpy. i gave just about all of them a break because most of them looked to be over 50, and you know, when i'm old i am NOT going to care about this stuff. and the people who were younger looked ok, mostly wearing really conservative suits (the guys) or dressed like librarian (the girls, most of whom were librarians unfortunately none of them cute lesbians)

but one guy. oh, god. either a med student or some kind of medical research or biology grad student, probably under thirty-five, but with the air of a 70 year old. holy crap. he looked like a live action version of the nerdy scientist on The Simpsons. a pallor like he hadn't left his mother's basement since his first day of junior high.

thick cokebottle glasses (forgivable, but keep reading)

dress pants circa 1988 (he totally wore these same pants to his prom)

SHORT SLEEVED BUTTON DOWN (oy)

A novelty tie with an E=MCsquared theme!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Orthopedic Shoes.

he did not have a pocket protector, but i bet one of his slightly more stylish female grad student friends stole it out of his lab coat thursday so he couldn't possibly wear it. his shirt pocket did have like 3 pens in it.

+Quote Post
pepper
post May 12 2006, 10:52 PM
Post #2259

one.
two..
three...

damn funny girls. damn funny.

knitted green garbage sack. ha.

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post May 12 2006, 09:55 PM
Post #2260

I know it's only rock 'n' roll. But I like it.

Spotted, while driving: young woman exiting the university campus in tan uggs, some kind of khaki clamdigger or gaucho (with two inches of skin between boot top and trouser hem), kelly green pullover with drawstring at the bottom (thus causing the pullover to resemble a knitted green garbage sack), and white jacket of some type that was lost on me by then, because it was the only piece of the outfit that didn't look...wrong, somehow.

Wayyyy too many capri pants at a conference of non-profits today. And I wore a damned blazer because I was told the mayor would be there.

Oh, oh! *sam kinison voice* Ohhhhh! And the thing with the mayor...he couldn't attend after all, so he sent a city councilor in his stead...who wore khakis with a blue and white Hawaiian shirt...which he wore tucked into his pants...the waist of which rode somewhere well under his paunch. (I'm not dissin' the paunch, just the style.)

--------------------
Check out my band's new demo online! You can DL my original....and please fan up if ya like it!

+Quote Post

120 Pages V  « < 111 112 113 114 115 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 18, 2014 - 07:50 AM