Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

176 Pages V  « < 113 114 115 116 117 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> write a letter...one you'll never send
raisingirl
post Apr 17 2007, 08:42 AM
Post #2281

PANTIES! ew.

It's too bad Steve Caton left the band or Tori fired him or whatever happened between the two of them that caused them to part ways... while I didn't like a lot of the production work on UtP (the remastered songs on Tales of a Librarian are sooooooo much better), some of that stuff just rocked live (especially "Waitress," which just took on a new life live...) and Caton had a big role in that (maybe too big of a role and that was the problem).

Choirgirl and TVaB I liked, SLG has its moments, but she switched labels and it hasn't been the same since. Not that I want the same old Tori or seven different versions of LE, but enough is enough with the bizarro lyrics and odd arrangements of her recent stuff ("Driving in my Saab on my way to Ireland"?! PRODUCT PLACEMENT! Ugh.)

/further derailment
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Apr 17 2007, 08:36 AM
Post #2282

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

I haven't looked into the concept part of the album, but I heard one of the songs last night ( I think it was "Big Wheel" and I liked it.

I didn't mind the electronic stuff from Choirgirl; it was no Under the Pink, but it's this over-produced, layers and layers of vocals crap that I couldn't stand from the last couple of albums. She needs either just her and a piano, or her and a live band, but not this layered shit.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
raisingirl
post Apr 17 2007, 07:42 AM
Post #2283

PANTIES! ew.

QUOTE(crazyoldcatlady @ Apr 11 2007, 08:52 PM) *
dear tori amos,

i love you so much, you know this. but bitch you had better knock off the concept albums and the channeling of fictional characters. it's annoying, played out, and your last coupla albums sucked hardcore. and that's coming from someone who has you on a pedastal.

*hugs!
catlady

Oh yeah! There's no need for a Strange Little Girls Part Deux, you know?!

+Quote Post
zoya
post Apr 16 2007, 05:57 PM
Post #2284

uh huh.

dear you -

I'm really wondering if that conversation weirded you out. yesterday and today are the first days in weeks that I have not seen you online or we have not communicated, and it just seems weirdly coincidental that it's right after that conversation the other night. I hope you're just taking time to get your head around it - I wasn't trying to imply anything. You're the one that asked, and I didn't articulate very well. I think everything will be ok.... It has to be. Like I keep saying, you didn't fucking walk into my life for no reason. You're supposed to be here. Stay here. I'm quite sure you will. But throw me a line, wouldya?

zoya

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Apr 16 2007, 11:45 AM
Post #2285

(o)(o)

Dear Pugs,

Awww thanks honey! I'm here for you.

CH.

Dear D,

Motherfucker you missed out. I gave you the chance and you missed. The ship has SAILED! I've taken on a lover, and that's entirely your fault. If this is your idea of dating that is pretty fucked up. I'm not calling. I'm sure I'll see you around, I won't be a bitch, but I certainly ain't going to be what I was.

Later,

CH, the BESTEST!

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
zoya
post Apr 16 2007, 09:53 AM
Post #2286

uh huh.

Dear C -

why are you such a fucking asshole? I'm just trying to be a team player here and help you out, not trying to jump into your job. Besides, I'm fucking higher up on the food chain in this project than you are. I didn't even have to even offer. On most projects like this, someone in my position would be telling you what to do, but like I said, I'm a team player. I don't roll that way. Do you have a problem with a woman being in my position, or are you just a FUCKING ASSHOLE? I'm guessing it's a little bit of both, since you don't seem to have a problem being mister mack daddy to anyone (female, of course) who is a subordinate to you. I think you're slimy and I have very little respect for you other than the fact that you are stellar at your job. I swear it's all I can do not to shoot back biting replies to your smug, asshole emails, but I will take the high road. But while I'm doing that, you can fuck right off.

asshole.
zoya

+Quote Post
LoveMyPugs
post Apr 15 2007, 05:44 PM
Post #2287

Dear CultureHandy,

Thanks for being such a sweetheart!

Love,

Pugs

+Quote Post
zoya
post Apr 14 2007, 11:24 PM
Post #2288

uh huh.

dear you -

did I say too much? I dont' really care, although I did lay myself out on the line more than was strictly comfortable. That was a strange conversation - not bad, but strange. Granted, you were a bit on the drunk side, but were we just talking around the subject of what we're doing? I'm not certain.

Well, in case we were, I'm just going to come out and say it for the record: I'm ready to define this. I want you to be my boyfriend, and I know we can make this work. I know we can. I know we will. I have been around long enough and done enough work on myself to know when a good thing comes along - and to not think too hard about it but just follow my intuition and go for it. We fucking rule together, on every kind of level so far. At least that's what I think. I don't want to see anyone else, I don't want to sleep with anyone else, I want to make it clear that I want to focus on getting to know you better. Exclusively. And if things work out well, I want to move forward from there with you. I think they will.

yours,
zoya

+Quote Post
zoya
post Apr 12 2007, 02:26 PM
Post #2289

uh huh.

dear nice lawyer lady -

please get this done. I will love you til the end of time when you pull it off.

I know you will.

thanks
zoya

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Apr 12 2007, 01:18 PM
Post #2290

(o)(o)

Dear D,

Fark, can we maybe get together soon? Just for fun? Wouldn't it be fun to actually see each other? Why do I try? Ehhhhhh, foget it.

CH.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
WildWoman
post Apr 12 2007, 12:41 PM
Post #2291

BUSTie

Dear Public Restroom,
I Hate You! You're always so quiet, and only three stalls. No privacy. I swear sometimes i sit there for like 3 minutes before I can pee, because I'm so bladder shy. I'm so annoyed with you right now. I can't wait to get home and use my PRIVATE bathroom. I wish I never had to use you again. I'm gonna try really hard to stay away from you the rest of the day. You make me sick. Oh yeah. And what's the point of having to use a key to get into you if everybody on this floor has a fucking key?!?!?! I'm so irritated right now. PISS OFF, literally.
E

+Quote Post
freckleface7
post Apr 12 2007, 06:59 AM
Post #2292

beachcomber

dear universe:

thank you for restoring order to things.

thank you for not making it a terrible reunion and instead a sweet and loving one and most esp thank you for the mr not wanting to call his 'rents yet, that he is putting me/our girlchild/OUR Life first.

they don't know he's back yet and I am still very very glad.

contentedly~
freckle

--------------------
I'm gonna let it shine

+Quote Post
faerietails2
post Apr 11 2007, 09:45 PM
Post #2293

donut-lovin' heathen

Dear bitch woman,

Do I LOOK like I have ten arms? Did you SEE any other people back there? Did you SEE how I was running back and forth nonstop? You can't just bring in like 15 pictures 30 minutes before closing time and expect me to just drop everything so that I can make enlarge them to your perfection. Especially not when that machine is being used by someone else. And then to go call the manager 5 minutes before closing to bitch about how I helped everyone else in the line and not you? UGH, you bitch (not that the manager cared, as, obviously, your order required more than 30 minutes). MAYbe those other people were picking up their orders. MAYbe they had things that could be done in less than 2 minutes. MAYbe you should fucking listen to me when I said I could have your shit ready for you first thing in the morning, just not tonight. Or MAYbe you could just shut the fuck up and go on your merry way since you did the enlargements all by yourself on the machine anyway. And how long did it take you, uninterrupted by 20 people bothering you every 10 seconds asking how to use a copy machine or get a new card, even though the only new skill it takes to get a new card is to go to the kiosk I'm pointing at and touch the box that says "get new card"? Yup, it took you a whole 30 minutes without running around and dealing with bitchy people like you. That shit wouldn't have gotten done on time...just like I told you.

GODDAMN, people are stupid. I'm too old for this shit.

-Me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
LoveMyPugs
post Apr 11 2007, 07:34 PM
Post #2294

Dear God,

Four pugs is too many. Help mom get better soon so she can take her two dogs back to her own house. I mean, I don't mind, but Mr. Pug is going to have pug chops for dinner tomorrow night if he doesn't get a good night sleep. All the snorting is just too much.

Good (hopefully) night,

Pugs!

+Quote Post
zoya
post Apr 11 2007, 06:51 PM
Post #2295

uh huh.

Dear A -

please get over here quick so you can fuck me. hard.

Thank you.
zoya

Dear bastard ass, shitty fucking beauracracy -

fuck you and the fact that you suck and are keeping me from getting a great fucking.

can you please get your shit together and do something about this? quick?

fuck you.
zoya

+Quote Post
crazyoldcatlady
post Apr 11 2007, 06:35 PM
Post #2296

the moistiest

dear tori amos,

i love you so much, you know this. but bitch you had better knock off the concept albums and the channeling of fictional characters. it's annoying, played out, and your last coupla albums sucked hardcore. and that's coming from someone who has you on a pedastal.

*hugs!
catlady

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Apr 11 2007, 06:25 PM
Post #2297

(o)(o)

Dear M,

FUCK YOU! Of course I was fucking pissed off. I prepared it and you ate almost all of it, with hardly anything left for me. You expect me to cook for you and then eat motherfucking scraps. Screw you. Make your own fucking food. You idea of cooking is throwing fries in the oven, not my fault that I actually care about my health.

CH.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mivee
post Apr 11 2007, 03:19 PM
Post #2298

BUSTie

oh ((whitelightning)) i think we are talking about the same person
or, tragically not, because there is certainly no shortage of jerkfaces

--------------------
Le paradis terrestre est ou je suis.

+Quote Post
skinwithoutscars
post Apr 10 2007, 10:26 PM
Post #2299

BUSTie

dear universe -
i need to whine a bit. i love c dearly and am soooo glad we're getting to spend this time together. but there are two cruel jokes being played here: one, he and i cannot act on our unresolved sexual tension cause he's on this celibacy kick and you know what? THAT'S VERY LAME, UNIVERSE. and two, why is it happening right before we graduate, and i probably move far away (or at least a bit away)? why couldn't i have had the balls two years ago to push it farther, to cement things back then? gah! this is a real kick-in-the-balls way to teach me the lesson to be bolder, there, buddy. and i can't figure out the power dynamic (for lack of a better word). is this situation fair for both of us? are we getting our needs met (to the extent that it's possible)? and i know, karmically, i simply can't continue to ditch my life when c offers to whisk me away for a day or a weekend, even though it's nice. i can't keep dropping the marbles of my life, at least not in the final month of my senior year of college - i know better than that. but honestly, i've been a student my whole life and i just.don't.care. i'm checked out. i would MUCH rather spend time with c, teasing him, letting him cook for me, running errands, watching movies together, cuddling. doesn't ALL of that seem more productive than writing another goddamn masturbatory paper about nothing? i'm DONE.
please fix.
- the plainskinned one

ps if tomorrow's job interview could work out? pretty please? i helped c with his and it went beautifully, so let's repay that karmic debt, all right? thanks!

--------------------
I've stepped off the plane. Half of me is panicked that I've forgotten my parachute,
but no small part of me is thrilled to be flying.

+Quote Post
WildWoman
post Apr 10 2007, 08:32 AM
Post #2300

BUSTie

Dear CH
I have been thinking of going back part time. It's just frustrating because I'm an all or nothing kinda gal. But maybe if I start going this summer (part time) I can still have all my prereqs done by fall of '08 and can still get into the nursing program (I'm an LPN wanting to go back for RN). So if I do that, I'll have a year to figure out how I'm gonna go back full time, because when I'm actually in the program it has to be full time. Oh well, i'll figure it out. Thanks for the words of encouragement. I really appreciate it!

WildWoman

Dear M,
Why are all men so dense? Send me some flowers or something damnit!
love,
E

Dear L,
Why are you making me the "ultimate mix CD"????????? What do you want from me? You know we can't be friends with 5 1/2 years of baggage behind us. I'm holding on too and it's unhealthy. We need to cut ties for sure.
E

Dear B,
Good luck at boot camp this summer. I know you don't want to go and it's just a way to better yourself and pay for school. Take care of yourself and know that all of your friends at home are thinking of you. We'll try not to have too much fun without you this summer.
See you in the fall,
E

Dear N,
Now that B is gone you are going to be a basket case. Please try really hard not to call me in the middle of the night. I love you , but I have to wake up early. I'll help you as much as I can, but you have to do some things for yourself. Like get a job and be productive and find a way to occupy some of your time. Sitting on your couch all day is not healthy.
Your friend,
E

+Quote Post

176 Pages V  « < 113 114 115 116 117 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 19, 2014 - 04:47 PM