The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 137 138 139 140 141 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
gonnaloseit
post Oct 7 2007, 12:24 AM
Post #2761

I'm afraid to try it for that reason too, but when I search for complaints about both enzara and femanol, I can only find complaints on enzara, and I emailed their customer service with a # of questions(femanol) and got rapid responses. I was impressed with that. I don't want to be fooled either. So far, I've had great luck with money back guarantees, except in the case of enzara, since I purchased it off of ebay sad.gif Anyway, we're getting gift cards at work at the end of October, november, and december for sales incentive, I may use one of them( they're the visa gift cards) to try femanol or something else if I can find it, or get it early and just pay off things with the visa gift card....I'm not sure yet, I guess I'm just in a rush to be back to my normal 18 year old vagina, I'm only 21 lol, it's not too much too ask I hope...ahhh the good old days, no smells, no discharge, and thongs galore lol. talk 2 you'll tomorrow. If anyone else has tried it, please give results or let me know if you had no results at all, and I'm of course taking suggestions for less expensive alternatives that have worked for you'll. Have a great Sunday!!

QUOTE(jewelscando @ Oct 6 2007, 02:17 PM) *
Did a little bit of research on the Femanol. I'm afraid to try it, because when I type it in google, Enzara comes up as well. I was fooled by Enzara, and don't want to be another $67 and get fooled again. They say money back guarantee, but, we all know what a pain in the but that can be.

Oh well, if anyone trys it, let me know!!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
neverending
post Oct 6 2007, 04:14 PM
Post #2762

Hardcore BUSTie

English Title: The relationship between detection of bacterial vaginosis and the infection with mycoplasma in genitourinary tract.
Personal Authors: Xia QianFeng, Tan, X., Tan Xi, Qian ShiYun (et al)
Author Affiliation: Department of Laboratory Technique, Hainan Medical College, Haikou 570102, Hainan, China.
Document Title: China Tropical Medicine, 2004 (Vol. 4) (No. 6) 980-981, 987

Abstract:
A study was conducted to explore the status of Mycoplasma in bacterial vaginosis of genitourinary system and provide basis for clinical diagnosis and treatment [China]. Based on Amsel criteria, 1317 bacterial vaginosis patients were examined and vaginal secretions from 353 diagnosed bacterial vaginosis patients and 150 healthy controls were cultured for Mycobacterium with rapid culture medium. Of 353 patients, 219 were infected with Ureaplasma urealyticum and Mycobacterium hominis with a positive rate of 62.04%. Mycobacterium was detected in 17 healthy controls with a positive rate of 11.33% showing significant differences between the two groups (P<0.01). It is concluded that bacterial vaginosis might be one of the causal factors for Mycoplasma infection and attention should be paid to the diagnosis of this disease.

Publisher: Editorial Department of China Tropical Medicine

About CAB Abstracts
CAB Abstracts is a unique and informative resource covering everything from Agriculture to Entomology to Public Health. In April 2006 we published our 5 millionth abstract, making it the largest and most comprehensive abstracts database in its field.

There are numerous records and resources related to this abstract in the CAB Abstracts database. At this time, your institution does not subscribe to CAB Direct so you cannot access them. To find out more about this exciting resource, and how to subscribe, please click here.

CAB Abstracts contains a wealth of information on the following items that are related to the abstract above:
bacterial diseases, detection, diagnosis, human diseases, urinary tract, urinary tract diseases, bacterial vaginosis, Mycobacterium hominis, man, Mycobacterium, Mycoplasma, Ureaplasma urealyticum

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Oct 6 2007, 12:00 PM
Post #2763

Hardcore BUSTie

Did a little bit of research on the Femanol. I'm afraid to try it, because when I type it in google, Enzara comes up as well. I was fooled by Enzara, and don't want to be another $67 and get fooled again. They say money back guarantee, but, we all know what a pain in the but that can be.

Oh well, if anyone trys it, let me know!!

+Quote Post
gonnaloseit
post Oct 6 2007, 08:24 AM
Post #2764

Hi everyone. I"m a newbie to the boards. I'm 21 years old and was diagnosed with bv when I was about 18. Back then I only went in about vaginal soreness basically. I was given metrozonadle ( i know it started with metro lol but can't remember how to spell it). After that the soreness went away but I still have had heavy discharge since then. I hated that at first, but finally got over it, but over the last few months the discharge has gotten thicker, and has the smell a lot of you complain about. I absolutely hate it. I also occasionally have the smallest amount of blood on my tissue when I go to the bathroom, which happened before when I first went to see the doctor. I ordered enzara a few weeks ago and it doesn't seem to be working for me. I want my bv gone now!! sad.gif Now, after spending my money on enzara, that apparently it's a scam, as i'vehad enough wrote also. I'm trying to figure out what to try out next?? Has anyone ever used femanol?? Is it any good??? I was planning on trying that next since they have a guarantee but i really wanted to know if any of you have tried it and if it did or didn't work?? Glad i found this board. talk to you'll soon! Please answer about the femanol or what you'll suggest I try next.

QUOTE(i @ Sep 28 2007, 11:36 PM) *
Has anyone trued Femanol? I looked through the blog that was listed below but there uas no info on it.
It is just so expensive and I already spent the $ on Enzara not knowin it was a scam. It is wierd though because any reviews I find on line say that it works. Are those but out there by the company?

Also, I have noticed that people are saying that it sucks having to have their partner pull out. Am we the only people that do that normally? We have always done it that way even before the BV started. I mean everyonce in a while he wont but it doesn't make or break the sex for me or him. Just curious

+Quote Post
firecrotch
post Oct 6 2007, 07:25 AM
Post #2765

QUOTE(SSDPrice @ Oct 4 2007, 09:38 PM) *
One more question please: I know that you said that you use a child's syringe. How many syringes full of peroxide to you "flush" with at a time?

Thanks,
Stacy

I use 3 syringes full. A syringe is 2 tsp.

+Quote Post
Italianwife88
post Oct 5 2007, 08:49 PM
Post #2766

BUSTie

hey you guys,

my BV stayed away for about a week...sad.gif my husband is frustrated now... acts like its my fault or something.
anways Im going to keep taking my vitamins and I bought something called Fem Dophilus today it should arrive in a few days... i got it only for 20 including the shipping. Has anyone tried this yet?

+Quote Post
Italianwife88
post Oct 5 2007, 08:49 PM
Post #2767

BUSTie

hey you guys,

my BV stayed away for about a week...sad.gif my husband is frustrated now... acts like its my fault or something.
anways Im going to keep taking my vitamins and I bought something called Fem Dophilus today it should arrive in a few days... i got it only for 20 including the shipping. Has anyone tried this yet?

+Quote Post
arj75
post Oct 5 2007, 05:56 PM
Post #2768

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(neverending @ Oct 5 2007, 11:44 AM) *
Arj75: I haven't had any kidney stones. Thank goodness! Oh, and the doctor was not concerned about the oxygen levels but I am. In my opinion, low oxygen levels is a very bad thing.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN BUY VALIUM OR SOME OTHER ANXIETY PILL ONLINE?

Yeah, I agree, low oxygen levels is not a good thing considering it is essential for every body function and uh life.

I'm sure there are places you can buy anxiety meds, but chances are you will get ripped off many times before you actually find a site that isn't a scam. The zanax helped me for a while, but then..my body would just become immune to it's effects, and the doctor kept increasing the dosage....so, I stopped taking them. And for awhile was anxiety free...then baby daddy sawga started back up, along with the insomnia issues. But they do help me sleep, and knock out the aniexty attacks, and when they stop working..I quit taking them...suffer for a while without taking them.. and then go back on them again..to avoid moving up the strongest strength. They help relax my stiff neck and every other stiff tight muscle in my body..so I can study...school is a big stressor for me too.

+Quote Post
prvtpuss
post Oct 5 2007, 02:39 PM
Post #2769

BUSTie

QUOTE(Morphia @ Oct 1 2007, 09:42 PM) *
Ok. I NEED YOU GUYS TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS! Please? biggrin.gif Basically, I know that my bv is not gone. I also know that my strep is still around even though I cultured negative for it last time. I tried to make an appt. with my doc as soon as possible while my symptoms are at their worst and the soonest I could get in is on Thursday...with a Nurse Practitioner. The thing is I've never seen an NP before. Can anyone tell me what to expect? Do any of them know what they're doing? Can they take swabs to send off to be cultured in a lab or can they only take swabs for wetpreps? Thanks guys!

how do u know your strep is still around? what did they prescribe you for it and how long ago was that? NPs can be absolutely wonderful, so don't worry too much about that. and as far as strep tests, some clinics can do a rapid test in-office. i think if the rapid (5-10 minutes) test comes back negative, then they will wait to see the results of a throat culture (2-3 days). they do this to make sure they don't miss a positive case of strep. which is why i want to stress to you that if you have strep you NEED to treat it. when your body produces antibodies to fight and kill the strep bacteria, those antibodies sometimes mistake your heart muscle cells or joints for the bacteria and attack them - which is REALLY BAD.

+Quote Post
TraceyBaby
post Oct 5 2007, 01:36 PM
Post #2770

I am SO glad I found this site! I've been having issues for over a year and I'm sick to death of it. My gyn told me that our ph's don't mix well (mine and new hubby's). I've tried the gel and the pill but it keeps coming back. This morning, before finding this site, I read about douching with 1 tsp tea tree oil, 2 cups water, and vitamin E oil. I did that today, so we'll see... If this is in fact a situation of our juices just not mixing well, I'd be prone to believe that this will be a problem forevermore. I've read so many different options on this site. I'm going to get some B6 today. Just wondering, should I douch every few days with peroxide - forever? Or maybe peroxide once a week or so and do the garlic thing between douching? I just don't want to over do it and maybe hurt more than help.

Thanks a bunch!!

+Quote Post
neverending
post Oct 5 2007, 09:27 AM
Post #2771

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(arj75 @ Oct 5 2007, 02:15 PM) *
Are you talking about St. Johns's Wart? - supposedly helps with mood regulation
Flaxseed oil - same claim
Someone else mentioned Chasteberry - for hormone balance...I've never tried it..

These here..not sure if considered "herbal"

L-tyrosine - alleviates stress by boosting production of adrenaline. It raises dopamine levels which influence moods - can't take if on other MAO inhibotor drugs. Suggests to take on an empty stomach with 50 mg of B-6 and 100-500 mg of vitamin C for better absorbtion, best taken at bedtime

S-adenosylmethionine - works as an antidepressant - DO NOT use if you have manic depressive dissorder or taking other anti-depressants

Vitamin B complex injections 2 cc once weekly or as prescribed by physician (if depression is severe)

follic acid 400 mcg daily - found to be deficient in people with depression

Neverending- was your doctor concerned about your low oxygen levels? Do you suffer from kidney stones as well? They hurt like a bitch! Been several years since I have had those....

Does anyone know this...I thought b-complex was basically only B-12? What all is in B-complex? I'm guessing it's called complex for a reason as just one vitamin really can't be considered "complex"...my doctor mentioned that I could try this...but he doesn't think I'm depressed, just a stressed out sally attitude which has caught up with me.

Anyways, I'm back to seeing to my doctor that I liked, he has another year before retirement, but he isn't a gyno now, once was however, but he does what ever I ask, now I need to know what to ask for. He wanted to do a stress test on my heart, because my T-waves were abnormal (influenced by oxygen levels) on the ECG, but it's expensive, time consuming, and you gotta exercise. I can't run around the block, much less last 3 minutes on the tread mill. I promised him that after the first frost, (don't want the allergy and smokers film cough doubled up on me) that I would quit smoking AGAIN, and we have a bet riding on it. I joined the YMCA a year ago, and have been paying, but only have I went one time. Who has the time to do all of this crap? I'm on a boycott from vitamins, probiotics, and shoving anything up my snatch. I think my cervix are infected again...someone asked about gritty blood....I have that for about 4 or five days after intercourse. What's that all about, and how is that considered normal???

Arj75: I haven't had any kidney stones. Thank goodness! Oh, and the doctor was not concerned about the oxygen levels but I am. In my opinion, low oxygen levels is a very bad thing.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN BUY VALIUM OR SOME OTHER ANXIETY PILL ONLINE?

+Quote Post
arj75
post Oct 5 2007, 06:58 AM
Post #2772

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(neverending @ Oct 4 2007, 09:19 PM) *
What was that herbal antidepressant pill everyone was talking about here?

Are you talking about St. Johns's Wart? - supposedly helps with mood regulation
Flaxseed oil - same claim
Someone else mentioned Chasteberry - for hormone balance...I've never tried it..

These here..not sure if considered "herbal"

L-tyrosine - alleviates stress by boosting production of adrenaline. It raises dopamine levels which influence moods - can't take if on other MAO inhibotor drugs. Suggests to take on an empty stomach with 50 mg of B-6 and 100-500 mg of vitamin C for better absorbtion, best taken at bedtime

S-adenosylmethionine - works as an antidepressant - DO NOT use if you have manic depressive dissorder or taking other anti-depressants

Vitamin B complex injections 2 cc once weekly or as prescribed by physician (if depression is severe)

follic acid 400 mcg daily - found to be deficient in people with depression

Neverending- was your doctor concerned about your low oxygen levels? Do you suffer from kidney stones as well? They hurt like a bitch! Been several years since I have had those....

Does anyone know this...I thought b-complex was basically only B-12? What all is in B-complex? I'm guessing it's called complex for a reason as just one vitamin really can't be considered "complex"...my doctor mentioned that I could try this...but he doesn't think I'm depressed, just a stressed out sally attitude which has caught up with me.

Anyways, I'm back to seeing to my doctor that I liked, he has another year before retirement, but he isn't a gyno now, once was however, but he does what ever I ask, now I need to know what to ask for. He wanted to do a stress test on my heart, because my T-waves were abnormal (influenced by oxygen levels) on the ECG, but it's expensive, time consuming, and you gotta exercise. I can't run around the block, much less last 3 minutes on the tread mill. I promised him that after the first frost, (don't want the allergy and smokers film cough doubled up on me) that I would quit smoking AGAIN, and we have a bet riding on it. I joined the YMCA a year ago, and have been paying, but only have I went one time. Who has the time to do all of this crap? I'm on a boycott from vitamins, probiotics, and shoving anything up my snatch. I think my cervix are infected again...someone asked about gritty blood....I have that for about 4 or five days after intercourse. What's that all about, and how is that considered normal???

+Quote Post
SSDPrice
post Oct 4 2007, 07:21 PM
Post #2773

QUOTE(firecrotch @ Oct 3 2007, 07:20 PM) *
Yeah its the same peroxide you buy for about $1/bottle at the drug store or grocery. I don't use it every day. I use it for about 3 days in a row when I shower and then stop for about a week or so or until i notice something funky (no pun intended) going on down there. I noticed my urine smells a lot stronger for a couple of days afterward. almost like metallic or something. I didn't notice any discharge. I did have a warm sensation with foaming coming out of my vagina one time. i think that's when i had some baceteria up there but haven't noticed it since. i think almost immediately the smell went away. hope it works for you!

FC

One more question please: I know that you said that you use a child's syringe. How many syringes full of peroxide to you "flush" with at a time?

Thanks,
Stacy

+Quote Post
neverending
post Oct 4 2007, 07:02 PM
Post #2774

Hardcore BUSTie

What was that herbal antidepressant pill everyone was talking about here?

+Quote Post
canadianGirl
post Oct 4 2007, 03:05 AM
Post #2775

Hi Everybody!

I have not posted here before, but I have read this forum when I found it for hours and hours on end and just want to thank everybody on here for their bravery in sharing their stories. There is so little information out there, and no doctor has any answers and I too was taking flagyll over and over and over again. Thank god I live in Canada and I don't have to pay for the visits, but the time and money spent on the refills and just feeling like a freak show was really getting to me emotionally. A few times I just broke down and cried in the doctors office and they said "It is obviously affecting you emotionally" No kidding!!

I am 33 (just turned) years old and have been suffering from the re-occuring BV for 3 years. The first time I had it was when I was about 21. One prescription cured it then, until age 30. Then along with a new boyfriend came BV. I have been very lucky with him because he has been great. But treatment, after treatment, it just kept coming back almost quicker and worse than before everytime we had sex. (I have had a minimum of 30 refills and that's a low estimate) At first a condom seemed to help, but then after a while even the condom didn't work. Then even (ahem) oral and absolutely no sex was triggering it. I was nearing the end of my rope. I am not kidding. I researched as much as possible and started taking the acidophilus with bifidus capsuls with 500mgs of vitamin C orally. Maybe a small difference. But then the same. It was on here I read about the guy with the Vitamin B6. I ran out and got it about a month ago. Since then Nada. I have had sex with him at least 10 times so far, (with a condom though) knock on wood, and it hasn't come back yet. I just had to share that with everybody in case that can help one person. It is worth a try. The relief I feel even with a condom is amazing. I will eventually try without, but I am just enjoying this freedom for now. And I don't want to jinx it. Also the longer I can stay away from the flagyll the better.

I will keep you posted if there are any changes, but I have a great feeling with this Vitamin B6. 100 mg in the morning and 100 mg at night. I still take a 500 mg vitamin C when I think about it, and the Acidophilus, but it is random. Just the B6. I don't know if that is a cure or not or exactly what it does (balance your hormones?) but it works. And I have read that drinking alcohol leaches Vitamin B6 out of your system, so if you have drinks, make sure to take an extra. I do.
I have also taken one flagyll pill after sex, (doc's recommendation) I'm sure a few of you won't like that, but I'd rather that to keep the invaders away then a full blown infection.

I just had to share because this is the best I have felt in 3 years and I owe it to this forum. When I was here last I was desperate and close to breakdown and all of you women (and man) actually made me crack a smile and god-forbid even laugh out loud. I am praying for you all. Good-Luck!! I am sure they will come up with a cure someday, hopefully sooner than later!

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Oct 3 2007, 05:03 PM
Post #2776

Hardcore BUSTie

Ok, you know me, Ms. Guinny Pig..... hahaha... so, anyways, I'm still waiting on the 500MG Flagyl to get here, so until then, my B.V. has been back with a vengeance. I did some research on the B6 vitamins, and said to my self, "Self, I wonder what would happen if I inserted this vaginally". Now remember, I had a hysterectomy, and I have NO CERVIX NO UTERUS, just my ovaries.

While reading, it seems that they use B6 for abortions, vaginally. WHY? I couldn't tell you, but thats some info I found. So, because I am unable to have any more children, I put the B6, just 1 tablet which was 50mg, in vaginally. Smell is gone today. I had alot of runny discharge this morning, like it was coming out, but, there was no odor to it. No other side effects, no itching, burning, anything from using the B6. I am also taking 100mg by mouth, and 1 Folic Acid, 800mg by mouth every night as well.

I think I will do 1 more tonight, since the pills are small, and it's a low dose. I will keep you all posted!!

+Quote Post
firecrotch
post Oct 3 2007, 05:03 PM
Post #2777

QUOTE(SSDPrice @ Oct 2 2007, 07:50 PM) *
Firecrotch,
Thanks for your reply. I have a couple of more questions for you, if you don't mind. Are you continuously using the peroxide douche? Is the peroxide just the kind that you can buy at the drug store? Are there any other side effects? Thanks a bunch.

Stacy

Yeah its the same peroxide you buy for about $1/bottle at the drug store or grocery. I don't use it every day. I use it for about 3 days in a row when I shower and then stop for about a week or so or until i notice something funky (no pun intended) going on down there. I noticed my urine smells a lot stronger for a couple of days afterward. almost like metallic or something. I didn't notice any discharge. I did have a warm sensation with foaming coming out of my vagina one time. i think that's when i had some baceteria up there but haven't noticed it since. i think almost immediately the smell went away. hope it works for you!

FC

+Quote Post
sassy
post Oct 3 2007, 08:56 AM
Post #2778

Hardcore BUSTie

virgin4life: I've had BV off and on for the past 8 years since I was 14. I didn't lose my virginity until I was 18 so for 4 of those years, I had BV without ever having had sex or any sexual contact. It usually does affect women who are sexually active, but I've talked to other virgins who had it and it really can affect anyone. I wish I could say more as to why a girl who has never had sexual contact or introduced someone else's bacteria into her vagina could get BV but I'm not really sure why it happens that way.

+Quote Post
SSDPrice
post Oct 2 2007, 05:37 PM
Post #2779

QUOTE(D double U @ Oct 1 2007, 08:48 PM) *
Hey all,

Haven't been on here in a while but still suffering with BV off and on. Quick question, a few months ago I read replies stating that Vitamin B6 was helping people in the search for their cure of BV. Is anyone still finding that successful? unsure.gif

I have been taking 100 mg of B6, a super B complex, and 1200 mg of folic acid. I am still having symptoms so I am not sure that it's working.

Stacy

+Quote Post
SSDPrice
post Oct 2 2007, 05:33 PM
Post #2780

QUOTE(firecrotch @ Sep 30 2007, 10:13 PM) *
Hi Stacy
I've been using the hydrogen peroxide douche for about a month now. I started using 50% water 50% peroxide. then I just started using 100% peroxide. I use a baby oral syringe to insert it. it fits perfectly and easy to clean. But I found a reusable douche in one of the adult movie stores . dh bought me in there. i was wondering why it had a douche-anyway. I notice a much better feeling down there. like my vagina just gargled with mouth wash. I don't really have the smell or the discharge, just the irritation and burning like you. i used it for about every other 3 days and after we have sex. which i've only been feeling comfortable with since i started using the peroxide. i don't feel as self conscious.
i hope this helps you

Firecrotch,
Thanks for your reply. I have a couple of more questions for you, if you don't mind. Are you continuously using the peroxide douche? Is the peroxide just the kind that you can buy at the drug store? Are there any other side effects? Thanks a bunch.

Stacy

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 137 138 139 140 141 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
6 User(s) are reading this topic (6 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 20, 2014 - 06:05 PM