Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 161 162 163 164 165 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
chantelhugo
post Jun 18 2007, 06:11 AM
Post #3241

BUSTie

I'm not pregnant! haha, but it was a scare for a bit. Anyways, I bought the Yeast Arrest and will start any day...hope i could get success with that!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
arj75
post Jun 18 2007, 06:04 AM
Post #3242

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Morphia @ Jun 18 2007, 12:49 AM) *
Who here has bv with no odor? I still think its odd that I have such a persistent and virulent case of bv and it doesn't smell. I don't want to jinx myself here but I have to say its strange. No smell, it burns, yet it keeps coming up as gardnerella on the Affirm. The only text book symptom I have is the thin, pasty, white, bubbly dishcarge. Any theories?

Morphia, how long have you been dealing with the burning issue? And where all does it "burn" inside and out? or just inside?
Is your vagina swollen?

I assume that you have switched laundry soaps, bath soaps, antiperspirant deodorants (that is a big can of worms that I would like to mention at some point),(as I'm sure most know that it has been linked to breast cancer) pads without perfume, and every other possible cause for this might being an allergy to something.

Do you use perfume?

This is just a "theory", of course I will look into it. If our bodies can absorb aluminum from the deodorants, then skin cells can absorb perfumes too??? (or at least increase risk for yeast infection?)

Lori, I wish I could tell you which one of my 5,834 changes I have made..as to which one worked. lol

P.S. The alkaline diet cookbooks are collecting dust. (But I still am interested in that)

+Quote Post
lori
post Jun 18 2007, 05:59 AM
Post #3243

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Morphia @ Jun 17 2007, 10:49 PM) *
Who here has bv with no odor? I still think its odd that I have such a persistent and virulent case of bv and it doesn't smell. I don't want to jinx myself here but I have to say its strange. No smell, it burns, yet it keeps coming up as gardnerella on the Affirm. The only text book symptom I have is the thin, pasty, white, bubbly dishcarge. Any theories?

Morphia, you should get The V Book by Dr. Elizabeth Stewart.

There's a chapter on other types of vaginitis besides the big 3 (yeast, BV, Trich):

atrophic - estrogen-loss, treated with vaginal estrogen
strep - caused by antibiotics for BV, treated with amoxicillin
mobiluncus - caused by antibiotics for BV (esp. metrogel), treated with IV gentamicin
desquamative inflammatory vagintis (DIV) - unknown cause, treated with hydrocortisone

(Personally, my mind is blown at the notion that you can get vaginitis (strep, mobiluncus) from the antibiotics we take for BV - and the doctors don't tell us about this possibility! Do they even know? And we just get the same old pills over and over again. What the fuck!?!? Okay, rant over.)

There's also a good section on skin conditions that could cause irritation.

Amazon.com has it. (I got mine at Borders.)

http://www.amazon.com/Book-Doctors-Complet...8951&sr=8-1

--------------------

+Quote Post
lori
post Jun 18 2007, 12:40 AM
Post #3244

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(arj75 @ Jun 17 2007, 10:15 PM) *
Does anyone know where the research lab is located that are studying, and or producing lactobacillus-L and L jensenii? Our probotics don't have these included..and they are needed in our vaginal flora.

I don't think every strain of lactobacillus can be replicated in a lab like that. Activia yogurt contains "Bifidus Regularis" (ha ha, "regularis") and Dan-Active yogurt contains "L. casei Immunitas." These are lab-created and shown to have good effects, but they aren't naturally found in a healthy body.

This is why I'm so excited about Fem-dophilus.

QUOTE(arj75 @ Jun 17 2007, 10:15 PM) *
(Not really, at least not right now anyway..no yeast or bv.) (This is a record for me, first period in two years when it didn't come back.

Also, I have never taken flagyl, (as I am paranoid of antibotics anyway)....Does metro-gel not treat trich? Just curious..because other than the "C" word I have only used metro-gel.

Good for you for being BV-free (for now)! What do you think is helping you?

Also - metrogel does not treat Trich. You need to take the oral meds to kill it.

Here's a link: http://www.healthline.com/yodocontent/preg...homoniasis.html

Metronidazole is also available as an intravaginal gel, but this form is only recommended for treating bacterial vaginosis. Because trichomoniasis involves not only the vagina, but also nearby glands and the urethra, local treatments (intravaginal gel) often cannot achieve a complete cure.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Morphia
post Jun 17 2007, 11:32 PM
Post #3245

Hardcore BUSTie

+Quote Post
arj75
post Jun 17 2007, 10:58 PM
Post #3246

Hardcore BUSTie

Hello everyone!

Does anyone know where the research lab is located that are studying, and or producing lactobacillus-L and L jensenii? Our probotics don't have these included..and they are needed in our vaginal flora.

Who is interested in putting on their cat women suits with me and sneaking into the place to steal them? lol.
They won't hold us in jail to long as if we were to get caught, we would stink them out of the place.

I don't think our doctors are understanding of how bad our stinch is, I wish we could box it up for them to take a real "wiff" test. For instance, the pain scale...rate it from 1-10...how bad is your pain? how about a stinch scale...rate from 1 to 100. (mine as a 100). (Not really, at least not right now anyway..no yeast or bv.) (This is a record for me, first period in two years when it didn't come back.

Also, I have never taken flagyl, (as I am paranoid of antibotics anyway)....Does metro-gel not treat trich? Just curious..because other than the "C" word I have only used metro-gel.

Morphia, how much digging have you done in regards to mycoplasma genitalium? I did some snooping into that tonight..interesting..very interesting. (inflammatory actions....found in male and female reproductive organs...linked to UTI's....heart problems...linked to Crohn's disease...asthma...(fungi parasite orgin?) (Similiar scientist debates as whether they are cause or effect of these diseases..

Not that I am bi-sexual, but why can they prove or not prove if females can pass this and forth to each other. If they can't prove that, how do they get off saying men and women can't pass it back in forth..(assuming it's only bv, and not something else)

I am SO GLAD ilovehim..isn't knocked up..and I hope she gets her skinny ass into the doctor VERY SOON!

+Quote Post
sassy
post Jun 17 2007, 05:34 PM
Post #3247

Hardcore BUSTie

Ilovehim: I had BV before, during, and after treatment of the gonnorhea. Nothing really changed, besides that the STD was cleared.

+Quote Post
lori
post Jun 17 2007, 03:02 PM
Post #3248

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(for the birds @ Jun 17 2007, 05:29 AM) *
I've been reading up- doing some research- and I came across an interesting possibility. Has anyone ever heard of a bacterial infection called a Mycroplasma infection? I think it is worth looking into.

mycroplasma Infection Info

Look into it a little more and let me know what you guys think!

Hello for the birds. We've actually already covered mycoplasma/ureaplasma infections as one of the possibilities. Some members had bacterial cultures to look for this, and other possibilities. I also wrote about this on my blog to get the word out (rather hastily, however).

But the info. about PCR test is interesting, so thanks for sharing. This article is 10 years old, so some of the research is outdated (e.g., they no longer use Zithromax to treat it, because it's ineffective). But it's still one of those good things to have on our radars.

And ITA about the hormones. Not something to be messed with, for sure!

QUOTE(ilovehim @ Jun 16 2007, 08:27 PM) *
Thanks for your input: Lori, and BV Girl... =)

Um, just one more question, I'm kind of anxious to start the boric. Will I be able to start while on my menses or do you recomend me to wait until after it's over with?

You're welcome ilovehim. But the answer is neither. You said you had burning piss for a while, and your partner's penis smells bad. YOU NEED TO GO TO THE DOCTOR. No ifs ands or buts!

So make an appointment ASAP so you can go as soon as you stop bleeding. Until then, do not use boric acid or anything else.

If you don't have a regular doctor, go to Planned Parenthood. (Here's their website.)

AFTER your doctor's appointment - I agree with bvgirl. There was some confusion (in this thread) about the proper strength of boric acid (some people used the pure form, some used diluted), etc. So I would just get Yeast Arrest.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Jun 17 2007, 02:50 PM
Post #3249

Hardcore BUSTie

Ilovehim...very interesting information....thank you.. Makes sense now....

+Quote Post
ilovehim
post Jun 17 2007, 02:32 PM
Post #3250

BUSTie

QUOTE(sassy @ Jun 17 2007, 10:17 AM) *
I had gonnorhea, but like I said, I had NO symptoms and neither did my fiancee.

Do you think you had the BV along with the gonnorhea, or got it afterwards? sad.gif

--------------------
[font="Garamond"][/font][size="2"][/size]&hearts; Yours Truly...

+Quote Post
ilovehim
post Jun 17 2007, 02:30 PM
Post #3251

BUSTie

QUOTE(for the birds @ Jun 17 2007, 07:29 AM) *
I've been reading up- doing some research- and I came across an interesting possibility. Has anyone ever heard of a bacterial infection called a Mycroplasma infection? I think it is worth looking into.

Alright you just freaked me out with that one! That's very interesting. I never have heard of this infection before....

--------------------

+Quote Post
sassy
post Jun 17 2007, 09:00 AM
Post #3252

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(ilovehim @ Jun 16 2007, 10:14 PM) *
Well Girls-

I'm NOT pregnant! Thank Goodness for that because I plan on starting the BORIC ACID treatment after my period ends. Did any of you (who have used b/a) get any bad side effects? Did it kill the smell? That would be my goal; killing the nasty nasty odor.

& SASSY, not to be nosy or anything but what STD did you have? I'm concerned about STDs myself. Gonoreah and Clymidia to be exact (since my piss has been burning for a while.) This never happened to me before, it started up a couple months ago. & My man's penis has a foul odor most of the time. So i'm confused as to what I might have.

I had gonnorhea, but like I said, I had NO symptoms and neither did my fiancee.

+Quote Post
arj75
post Jun 17 2007, 07:08 AM
Post #3253

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(for the birds @ Jun 17 2007, 06:51 AM) *
Hi, PLEASE, PLEASE, I can not stresss this enough, PLEASE be very careful in regards to growth hormone injections, or any growth hormone what so ever!

Here's why:

My brother-in-law was born without a functioning pituitary gland and was less than 4 feet tall most of his childhood. Standford University began a study on 100 of America's most growth challenged children, and had recruited my brother-in-law, Matt, to participate.

So, to cut it short- Out of 100 children participating in the study, 78 were given GROWTH HORMONE INJECTIONS and all 78 given hormones died of cancer before they turned 18. ALL OF THEM!

Just before Matt was to receive these shots, his Mom decided to hold off for two weeks in order to think it over and

BOOM!

Puberty hit and he began to grow so fast that his joints grew apart because they couldn't keep up with his bones!

So Lucky for him!
BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL WHEN MESSING WITH HORMONES! I'D LEAVE THEM ALONE!

THIS IS ALL 100% TRUE.

I have already came to the conclusion that nothing at this forum can be "off the topic" regarding to bv....discussing hormones, for some, is a pretty damn big issue.

I have thinking about the hormones & antibotics that animals are injected with (that we eat) (very interesting).
Also, as far as hormones..our liver forms the cholesterol for our sex hormones. Another possibilty, that should be considered, as liver dysfunction IS a possiblilty and should not be taken lightly.

Also, if your BV is in fact hormone related..did you all know that most doctors won't use hormone therapy if you smoke? (I didn't)

+Quote Post
for the birds
post Jun 17 2007, 06:12 AM
Post #3254

+Quote Post
for the birds
post Jun 17 2007, 05:34 AM
Post #3255

QUOTE(neverending @ Jun 16 2007, 07:35 PM) *
I know this is off topic but how do I get my hands on growth hormone injections?

Hi, PLEASE, PLEASE, I can not stresss this enough, PLEASE be very careful in regards to growth hormone injections, or any growth hormone what so ever!

Here's why:

My brother-in-law was born without a functioning pituitary gland and was less than 4 feet tall most of his childhood. Standford University began a study on 100 of America's most growth challenged children, and had recruited my brother-in-law, Matt, to participate.

So, to cut it short- Out of 100 children participating in the study, 78 were given GROWTH HORMONE INJECTIONS and all 78 given hormones died of cancer before they turned 18. ALL OF THEM!

Just before Matt was to receive these shots, his Mom decided to hold off for two weeks in order to think it over and

BOOM!

Puberty hit and he began to grow so fast that his joints grew apart because they couldn't keep up with his bones!

So Lucky for him!

BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL WHEN MESSING WITH HORMONES! I'D LEAVE THEM ALONE!

THIS IS ALL 100% TRUE.

+Quote Post
bvgirl
post Jun 17 2007, 05:16 AM
Post #3256

BUSTie

QUOTE(ilovehim @ Jun 16 2007, 10:27 PM) *

Um, just one more question, I'm kind of anxious to start the boric. Will I be able to start while on my menses or do you recomend me to wait until after it's over with?

Yes.. you can start while on your menstrual(at least that is what the yeast arrest states). As a matter of fact according to the yeast arrest it states that after the first month or so (to continue to maintain(a maintenence procedure)) use while on your menstrual for 4-5 cycles(or months).. Yeast arrest contains 600 mg of boric acid along with a mixture of ingredients. If you are using pure boric acid without any mixture you may want to call your nurse or the pharmacist to see how exactly when to use it.. Because I have read where some have used the pure form or something rather and I just do not know what the directions are for that formula strength. I pretty much know about the yeast arrest..

--------------------
BVGIRL

GOD BLESS YOU ALL......

I will be around......

+Quote Post
ilovehim
post Jun 16 2007, 09:10 PM
Post #3257

BUSTie

--------------------

+Quote Post
bvgirl
post Jun 16 2007, 06:19 PM
Post #3258

BUSTie

QUOTE(ilovehim @ Jun 16 2007, 05:14 PM) *
Well Girls-

I'm NOT pregnant! Thank Goodness for that because I plan on starting the BORIC ACID treatment after my period ends. Did any of you (who have used b/a) get any bad side effects? Did it kill the smell? That would be my goal; killing the nasty nasty odor.

& SASSY, not to be nosy or anything but what STD did you have? I'm concerned about STDs myself. Gonoreah and Clymidia to be exact (since my piss has been burning for a while.) This never happened to me before, it started up a couple months ago. & My man's penis has a foul odor most of the time. So i'm confused as to what I might have.

I have been using yeast arrest(which contains boric acid) and for me the smell went away after the first full day application. I have been bv and odor free since April laugh.gif laugh.gif . The only side effects that I have experienced was itching at times but for me it was not bad and I put up with it because it works so well. For some the itching may be a problem or some may choose not to deal with it. Everyone's body is different and some may experience side effects that are harsher than most. I am just happy that it works. For me it is working so well that I do not worry everyday about bv and the smell of bv. Boric Acid is a great product....Let us know when you start using it how you are doing...

--------------------
BVGIRL

GOD BLESS YOU ALL......

I will be around......

+Quote Post
neverending
post Jun 16 2007, 06:18 PM
Post #3259

Hardcore BUSTie

I know this is off topic but how do I get my hands on growth hormone injections?

+Quote Post
lori
post Jun 16 2007, 04:22 PM
Post #3260

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(ilovehim @ Jun 16 2007, 03:14 PM) *
Well Girls-

If you read through this thread, the boric acid worked well at killing the smell. Two people got rashes - but one member figured out that she probably has an allergy, and another member used an anti-bac cream to treat her rash, so it probably wasn't caused by the boric. So I would say that you should try it, but if you get a rash, stop immediately and call a doctor.

HOWEVER, if your piss has been burning you, and your man's penis smells funny, you NEED to go to the doctor and get tested for STD's! I would not use any boric acid before you go.

QUOTE(chantelhugo @ Jun 15 2007, 10:52 PM) *
URGENT QUESTION!!!
I am 5 days late on my period and had sex 2 weeks ago...I'm FRICKEN freaking out as I am very young. I did use flagyl (vaginally) about after my last period, along with zinc tablets and femdophilous orally...can that delay my period in any way?? Im really scared sad.gif

No, using those things should not have delayed your period. Get a pregnancy test.

Good luck Chantelhugo.

QUOTE(arj75 @ Jun 14 2007, 08:05 PM) *
I have been doctor hopping since feb. trying to seek a doctor to help me with my anxiety, because i have explained to 4 doctors, that I felt that there was a health issue that was causing insomnia and these attacks in the first place. but they would just throw some prozac at me, or xanax whatever they got, and send me on my way. So, my most recent doctor (who listened) sent me in to have EKG and chest X-ray. My chest x-ray shows a mass, and my EKG my T waves are abnormal. Actually, I happy that this was discovered as I was getting tired of being treated like a hypochondriac. (Hello, I know my own body)

Please ladies quit smoking.

Good luck, Arj75. I really hope it turns out well.

--------------------

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 161 162 163 164 165 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 30, 2014 - 09:17 AM