The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

32 Pages V  « < 24 25 26 27 28 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What bands are you currently listening to? What excites you?
shinymoonrox
post Jan 21 2007, 12:07 PM
Post #501

BUSTie

Currently, I've been listening to or trying to get my hands on more songs by Corinne Bailey Rae. I've also realized that I've become addicted to Copeland. I've been listening to their old cd, In Motion and I just bought their new cd, Eat, Sleep, Repeat. If you like Jimmy Eat World, then you will probably enjoy them.

Does anyone know the name of the site that lets you listen to music and recommends music that you might like. Is it pandora.com or something?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
anna k
post Jan 20 2007, 02:30 AM
Post #502

Hardcore BUSTie

I like it a lot too, although I was too young to remember the songs (just SWV, En Vogue, TLC, and Keith Sweat). I thought Brownstone would blow up after "If You Love Me," but nothing happened. There's a New Jack Swing concert in Newark next week featuring Guy and SWV, but I don't want to go alone and I was too young to remember the music anyway.

+Quote Post
LoveMyPugs
post Jan 18 2007, 10:22 AM
Post #503

I’ve been listening to a lot of New Jack R&B (this is what Barnes & Noble calls it so correct me if I’m wrong). I think this was the one point in time that I really, really enjoyed music. Most of what I’m listening to is 90’s R&B. For example: TLC, Tevin Campbell, Boys 2 Men, Aaron Hall, En Vogue, SWV, Keith Sweat, Xscape etc. I’ve been downloading my favorites from iTunes. There are some good songs from that time that I would personally put on a Valentines mix.

+Quote Post
katieface
post Jan 18 2007, 07:20 AM
Post #504

hi busties!

i'm making a valentine's mix & need some help. i want it to be kind of like an evolution of a relationship...songs that represent: looking for love, being crushed out, sex, falling in love, being in love, troubling times, breaking up, after the breakup, then on the prowl again. anyone have any suggestions for any of those catergories?

PS: there used to be a general music thread, but i couldn't find it. i hope this isn't too off topic! also: i'm currently excited by peter bjorn & john "the chills" and a reggea remix of TI "what you know about that"

+Quote Post
LoveMyPugs
post Jan 15 2007, 10:44 PM
Post #505

Artist: Secret Garden
Album: Dreamcatcher
Genre: New Age
Favorite Song at the Moment: Sona (track seven)

+Quote Post
punkrockgrrrl
post Jan 15 2007, 07:10 PM
Post #506

BUSTie

I know that this isn't in any way obscure or unheard of but I am constantly smiling as I listen to Regina Spektor.

--------------------
There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-Anais Nin

+Quote Post
anna k
post Jan 15 2007, 03:33 PM
Post #507

Hardcore BUSTie

I've been trolling a lot of used record stores in Brooklyn and the East Village, finding cheap CDs and cassettes this weekend:

Guns 'n' Roses - Appetite for Destruction
Gwen Stefani - CD single of Cool
15 Tracks that Inspired Bob Dylan (Mojo CD for $3)
Kelis - Tasty
VH1 I Love the 80's comp
Patti Scialfa - 23rd St Lullaby

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Dec 27 2006, 11:44 PM
Post #508

brown delicious

dr. dog from pennsylvania. remind me of the beatles in some way. check 'em out.

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post
punkrockgrrrl
post Dec 27 2006, 09:41 PM
Post #509

BUSTie

Brand New is a pop punk/Indie rock band out of new york. Their new album "The devil and God are raging inside me" is pretty rad.

--------------------
There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-Anais Nin

+Quote Post
go_kayte
post Dec 26 2006, 02:08 PM
Post #510

Hardcore BUSTie

I got the Girlmonster compilation for christmas and I've been listening to it today. I like everything on it at least a little bit, and many things I like a lot. Almost all of it is new to me too so that's cool. It's all females doing things with electronic music, and it's pretty varied in style.

Also I bought my boyfriend the Love box set "Love Story" for christmas and I've been listening to that too. I love Love. smile.gif

+Quote Post
divaintraining
post Dec 21 2006, 11:07 AM
Post #511

Hardcore BUSTie

Love me some Citizen Cope!

+Quote Post
hiddenpoet
post Dec 18 2006, 05:50 PM
Post #512

BUSTie

i'm really excited about Shiina Ringo recording solo music again. when it will be released nobody knows but until then i can always have Miho Hatori's Ecdysis in my player. if i'm super lucky perhaps i can get the cd for x-mas.

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Dec 15 2006, 02:51 PM
Post #513

new highs in personal lows daily!

hey. i'm starting a LP/record collecting/thrift store record finding thread here:vinyl voyager
if you thrift for records, love old weird music, lounge, jazz, international music etc, check it out. there are some links to a site where you can upload and share your lps converted to mp3s for free, and i can tell you how to do that too for less than $15.

sorry. i'm vinyl obsessed.

thanks for the link, mornington... i am obsessed with cover versions (usually songs written before 1980) but he also has a lot of LCD SOUNDSYSTEM, and i adore them!!! thank you thank you thank you!

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve

+Quote Post
Desmofemme
post Dec 15 2006, 01:36 PM
Post #514

QUOTE(mornington @ Dec 15 2006, 06:25 AM) *

i'm going through a christmas song phase, i am ashamed to say. Belle & Sebastien doing "o come o come emmanuel" anyone?

haha awesome!! for fun, check out Twisted Sister's O Come All Ye Faithful... very amusing!

+Quote Post
vesicapisces
post Dec 15 2006, 07:48 AM
Post #515

Hardcore BUSTie

I'm anxiously awaiting release of The Shins' third album in Jan. - "Phantom Limb", the first single, is good - still recognizably Shins, but different. I like. Only wish it was out already so I could ask for it for Xmas. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mornington
post Dec 15 2006, 05:08 AM
Post #516

now running on biodiesel and sacrificial blood

ooh, team9 does some good mashups. a good blog for mashups and covers is http://puritanb.blogspot.com he seems to do a mixtape every few days.

i'm going through a christmas song phase, i am ashamed to say. Belle & Sebastien doing "o come o come emmanuel" anyone?

+Quote Post
Desmofemme
post Dec 15 2006, 03:12 AM
Post #517

wow- huge range of tastes here, very impressive... I am constantly downloading music from limewire, love hear/try new groups, plus the club where I work (read the noob thread) allows us to play our own music instead of the DJ picking it out, so I get my very own, very loud jukebox...

some of my odd tastes include:
Mars Volta
Gogol Bordello (perverted gypsy punk, it rocks!)
Blackalicious, Jurassic 5, Hieroglyphics and Dialated Peoples when I am in the mood for intelligent, not-on-radio lyric-heavy hip hop
Miles Davis. of course.
Bad Religion (never give up my political punk)
Gotan Project (sounds like a techno soundtrack to a Parisian cafe)
Muse continually amazes me with their innovation
System of a Down for raw-ness and talent
I am still loving the remastered version of the nightmare before christmas soundtrack...

track notes (single songs I am adoring... I have found myself into fun covers lately, dunno why)
Rasputina and Marilyn Manson- Transylvanian Concubine (an all-girl cello trio w/ manson... wow!)
Placebo- Pure Morning and Nancy Boy
Social Distortion- cover of Ring of Fire
KMFDM- cover of Nancy Sinatra's Boots (bombs remix)
Manson- cover of Tainted Love
A Perfect Circle- cover of Imagine
and much more, but that's the best for now!

+Quote Post
ellenevenstar
post Dec 15 2006, 12:44 AM
Post #518

Hardcore BUSTie

Those are awesome gogosgirl - thanks!

+Quote Post
gogosgirl
post Dec 14 2006, 04:59 PM
Post #519

Hardcore BUSTie

I'm a huge fan of music and check on stereogum.com everyday for new stuff. right now I highly recommend heading over there and downloading all the team9 mashups. my fave of the moment -- wolfmother/gnarls barkley, tho thr thom yorke/beatles is a close second.

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Dec 13 2006, 02:49 PM
Post #520

new highs in personal lows daily!

i love rip slyme-- japanese hip hop that at times sounds like jurassic five.

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve

+Quote Post

32 Pages V  « < 24 25 26 27 28 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 19, 2014 - 07:42 PM