Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

106 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Corn Cob Up My Ass: Pet Peeves 7
rogue
post Dec 9 2009, 05:58 AM
Post #61

Hardcore BUSTie

Cob: Most of my coworkers. I don't know what it is this week but OMG are they ever getting on my nerves. Especially the guy who never stops eating (seriously, I don't get it! I don't know how it's possible! No wonder he's overweight. And I know this shouldn't bother me but holy lawd does it ever!) and the girl who can't ever do anything for herself, ever. Ever! I don't get it. Like yesterday she asked me where the extra magazines that we publish are because she needs to bring some to this huge event we're having today, and I told her where they are (like I tell her every time she has these events, sometimes more than two a month). She opens the cabinet by my desk, takes one look inside and says "I can't find them, can you just look?" I look at her and say "They're right there!" pointing it out kind of angrily, and I don't care. She's constantly asking me to do her work and I'm sick of it. "Office assistant" does not equal "here to do your job cause you're too lazy/stupid to do it!" Bargh!

Cob: I love my best friend to pieces, but sometimes I want to punch her. Not literally. But I'm so tired of her having the awesome life - makes awesome money, has a great boyfriend, takes two or more trips a year to foreign countries all over the world just because she wants to/can, and is now buying a brand new car. When is my life going to start being awesome? *sigh*

--------------------
Vixi liber et moriar.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Dec 8 2009, 12:55 PM
Post #62

I know it's only rock 'n' roll. But I like it.

cob: my frickin' lazy-ass co-worker keeps "disappearing" from her desk on some excuse or another (to see the Christmas basket auction downstairs, to chat with yet another person in the building about her new fucking goddamned living room windows, to toast yet another bagel, to sneak an extra cigarette because she insists on the full coffee break each time instead of breaking up her breaks and just smoking when she needs to, like I've done - with full support from the boss). And that leaves ME stuck with the phones, plus a huge chunk of the work that keeps getting more and more behind because she can't be bothered to pick up the slack, and I feel like I'm the only one in the whole office who does that piece of work anymore.

cob: also, in that same vein, I'm STILL pissed that she shows up consistently late for morning meetings, and gets away with it, when she has no excuse for it - no kids, no partner, no elderly parents to caregive, nothing except her own lazy-ass self. Last time, the day before the meeting, she kept offering me a ride in the morning, and I refused, because I KNEW I'd be late if I accepted. But I lied about my reason for refusing. Next time I'm telling the truth. Honestly, she showed up half an hour late to a fascinating (and HIGHLY job-relevant) presentation on the Freedom of Information Act, with her hair uncombed, her face unwashed, her eyes still full of sleep grit. It was disrespectful to the presenter, disrespectful to our boss, and disrespectful to the entire team, most of whom are MOMS who have entire families to get ready and out the door before they can get here for an early morning meeting.

This post has been edited by doodlebug: Dec 8 2009, 12:56 PM

--------------------
Check out my band's new demo online! You can DL my original....and please fan up if ya like it!

+Quote Post
nickclick
post Dec 2 2009, 09:04 AM
Post #63

Hardcore BUSTie

especially at the dollar store. i was at Dollar Tree yesterday (best dollar store, by far), which is next to Kohl's, and apparently Tues is Senior Day at Kohl's. bunch of pushy oldies trying to buy Xmas wrapping paper before the bus left.

+Quote Post
koffeewitch
post Dec 1 2009, 02:48 PM
Post #64

Hardcore BUSTie

You should recommend next time she comes out in public she wear a gas mask.

What is wrong with people? I always have these bizarro encounters with weirdos, too.

--------------------
"The U.S. is the only nation on Earth to pass from barbarism into decadence without once passing through an era of civilization."

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Nov 30 2009, 05:52 PM
Post #65

new highs in personal lows daily!

or, sneezed in her face.

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve

+Quote Post
nickclick
post Nov 30 2009, 03:42 PM
Post #66

Hardcore BUSTie

or in mock apology, shook her hand.

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Nov 30 2009, 02:34 PM
Post #67

(o)(o)

If you were a real asshole, you could have gone right next to her and couhged, and hacked away.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Nov 30 2009, 02:12 PM
Post #68

I know it's only rock 'n' roll. But I like it.

cob: this happened to me at the dollar store last week.

I am browsing notebooks and I cough into my hand. Just a simple smoker's cough. (Which has driven me to set my quit date.)

A grey-haired lady at the other end of aisle says, loudly and imperiously, "I WISH you would cover your mouth when you cough. I'm standing here ten feet away."

I stopped for a moment, stared at her, and replied, "I DID cover my mouth."

"You didn't do it very well....blah, blah, blah...." I can't remember exactly what she said, because it was a blather of television-based, fear-mongering crap.

I finally say, "I don't think it's any of your business, actually."

Even more snottily, more imperiously (if possible), she replies, "It IS my business when I'm going into the hospital in three days and I'm afraid of getting sick!"

Finally I turn to walk away, and reply over my shoulder, "Well, everybody's afraid of something."

She has the nerve to shout after me, "I wish YOU were a little more afraid!"

I mean, honest to fuck! For starters, if you're going into the hospital and you are afraid of getting sick, why the fuck are you in the dollar store? And secondly, stop wishing your fucking fear vibe on me! Asshole!

--------------------
Check out my band's new demo online! You can DL my original....and please fan up if ya like it!

+Quote Post
nickclick
post Nov 30 2009, 11:59 AM
Post #69

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(pants @ Nov 30 2009, 11:07 AM) *
So one of them writes me back and says, "Hi <Pants> I may be on the phone a bit this week because on Friday my grandad went into the hospital with ammonia and it's pretty serious."

maybe her Grandpa is a janitor at the hospital? and has very strong feelings about the cleanliness of public spaces? LOL

+Quote Post
sevenseconds
post Nov 30 2009, 11:53 AM
Post #70

Hardcore BUSTie

Oh Pants. I laughed so loud my cat came and looked me over with real concern
(for the future of the planet.)

--------------------
Every story is a cup so empty it can be drunk from again and again. - MJH

+Quote Post
pants
post Nov 30 2009, 11:07 AM
Post #71

Hardcore BUSTie

So today I had to send my team an email about phone usage while at work. You know, don't do so much of it blah blah

So one of them writes me back and says, "Hi <Pants> I may be on the phone a bit this week because on Friday my grandad went into the hospital with ammonia and it's pretty serious."

I reassured her that I understand that there are special circumstances and not to worry about it and then pointed out that the word she wants is pneumonia, as ammonia is a chemical.

If anybody ever again tried to convince me of the superiority of the UK educational system I am going to show them this email.

And then I will show them the email from R whose wisdom teeth were growing in and this made her jaw very saw.

And then I will tell them about L who once asked, "What's a spouse? That's like your brother or sister right?"

And then I will cry out of fear for the future of the planet.

--------------------
I am not a reliable narrator
This is a place where I talk about other stuff, and try to make it interesting.

+Quote Post
rogue
post Nov 26 2009, 07:05 AM
Post #72

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(culturehandy @ Nov 25 2009, 04:03 PM) *
People who chew in your ear on the telephone. Seriously, if you're going to call me, don't fucking eat.

Hell yes, CH. I also hate when people call me and then talk to people around them instead of me. HI, DON'T DO THAT!

Big Fat Cob of the Day: When I'm trying to read and people won't stop talking to me. I love my mother but she did this all the way to work this morning (we carpool together). It's so annoying! I'm glad my boss was able to be hilarious since he walked in the door because it's lightened my mood considerably.

--------------------
Vixi liber et moriar.

+Quote Post
sevenseconds
post Nov 25 2009, 07:46 PM
Post #73

Hardcore BUSTie

I didn't think that, zoya : )

I was just explaining why I let girls off the hook in my first post.

Then I was explaining my explaining. The usual.

--------------------

+Quote Post
zoya
post Nov 25 2009, 07:06 PM
Post #74

uh huh.

seven - my post wasn't directed at you, just so you know smile.gif

your post about what that guy said just totally triggered my feelings about the fact that I wish people would stop making cosmetic procedures such a stigma. thats' all! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
sevenseconds
post Nov 25 2009, 06:41 PM
Post #75

Hardcore BUSTie

Ooops, I dug my own grave with this post didn't I.
Now I can't issue a Corn Cob fatwa without hearing all ya ladyes go neener neener.

Emphasis on sometimes, as in very rarely sometimes?
There are some really really annoying things out there that have nothing to do with us.

*Pours boiling water over freshly shot crow and starts plucking*

--------------------

+Quote Post
sevenseconds
post Nov 25 2009, 05:09 PM
Post #76

Hardcore BUSTie

zoya, culture, polly, nick - totally on calling others out for cosmetic procedures.

The only reason I said "a chick doing it - I can swallow" btw, is because there is a certain kind of judgment button that gets triggered by stuff in others that we find hard to forgive/ resolve in ourselves. So when a chick sounds like she's calling another woman for getting a procedure, or for trying too hard, looking slutty, being desperate or clingy, or for her biological clock ticking like a suicide bomber's vest, *insert any judgment we can pass on a woman* -- sometimes, only sometimes, it's because she's afraid she might be, in unguarded moments, making a similar impression, or that she might fall into the behavior if she isn't watchful. Or, she has had the urge to do it but has suppressed it (and begrudges others who indulged that urge: *hangs head meekly* Ehem, yeah, she.). So scorn is a way of being afraid we might end up doing the same thing. Hence homophobia.

And when a chick is railing on Dolly, I am tempted to be like, Sh, don't worry, babe, technology's come a long way. Ours will never end up looking like that. But I don't, cuz I'm so she-wolf, my true tenderness often comes across as being patronizing;/

--------------------

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Nov 25 2009, 03:03 PM
Post #77

(o)(o)

People who chew in your ear on the telephone. Seriously, if you're going to call me, don't fucking eat.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Nov 25 2009, 11:24 AM
Post #78

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

QUOTE(culturehandy @ Nov 25 2009, 11:10 AM) *
In future, I'll most likely need to get an eye lid lift or snip or whatever the hell it is. Eyelids will sag as we age, but the way mine are and how the fold is, it will sag over my eyes, then I won't be able to see. People can fuck off!

My left eyelid has been noticeably "off" since my eye surgery almost 2 years ago...my eye's just not as open as it used to be and I don't notice it when I look in the mirror, but in pictures, I notice it a lot. I'm becoming less and less opposed to having some tweaks done at some point.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Nov 25 2009, 11:10 AM
Post #79

(o)(o)

In future, I'll most likely need to get an eye lid lift or snip or whatever the hell it is. Eyelids will sag as we age, but the way mine are and how the fold is, it will sag over my eyes, then I won't be able to see. People can fuck off!

--------------------

+Quote Post
nickclick
post Nov 25 2009, 10:56 AM
Post #80

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(zoya @ Nov 24 2009, 12:15 PM) *
I fucking hate when people call other people out for having any kind of cosmetic procedure done.

someone best not criticize my breast reduction surgery! if they do, i'll tie a string between two sacks of potatoes and hang it around their necks for 20 years straight. yeah.

cob: coworker who doesn't get that my messy desk and disinterested looks at her boring, immature stories means - go away, i'm busy, nor do i care about your weekend planned with seeing the latest Hollywood blockbuster, baking snickerdoodles and/or attending tap dance class.

+Quote Post

106 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 26, 2014 - 09:42 AM