The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> She has a career, he does not. Can it work?
turbojenn
post Jul 5 2006, 01:50 PM
Post #1

Hardcore BUSTie

cantwait - welcome to BUST! Just so you know, we are a self moderated board here, and we try to keep new posts to a minimum, and if you want to start a new thread, please go to "As the World Turns" and ask if there is interest in the thread in the "Community Forum." Additional threads slow down the board, so try to remember to post in Community before starting up a thread.

Your thread would fit delightfully under "Working Girls" - "The Hard working girl and her lazy bum.." So try posting there, and see if you get a response.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
cantwait2b
post Jul 5 2006, 01:32 PM
Post #2

I am looking for advice/words of wisdom from those of you who have been able to overcome the stigma of above-mentioned scenario. I am a reasonably ambitious woman with a career, involved with a man who at one point was successful but for the past 5 years has been (rather unsuccessfully) trying to "find himself" while hopping from one minimum wage job to another without making much headway in anything he undertakes.

As a side note, I don't define success in dollar signs, but I always thought it was important for an able-bodied person to have a job, or a business, or whatever, as long as it is something they are good at and proud of. Much as I care for this guy, this doesn't seem to be the case for him.

What bugs me the most though, is his constant unhappiness and sense of defeat that has started to seep into our relationship. He seemingly did the right things by going to college, being a good citizen, staying out of trouble, but something isn't clicking. I don't know how to help him, and while it breaks my heart to think of leaving him, I am also scared of living my life in the shadow of his dissapointments.

Advice?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 28, 2014 - 12:50 AM