Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

75 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> !@#$%&* Annoying Ads
auralpoison
post Feb 1 2010, 03:55 PM
Post #21

Big Fat Bitch

Okay, I usually think Vice is kinda corny, but this fashion spread is really funny to the tittering fifth grader inside of me: Work Hard Play Hard.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jan 28 2010, 06:42 PM
Post #22

Big Fat Bitch

An ad for something, fast food I think, has man dressed as a baby playing in a sandbox. Being aware of adult baby play really makes one pause & cock one's head when watching it.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jan 27 2010, 06:02 AM
Post #23

Big Fat Bitch

QUOTE(candycane_girl @ Jan 25 2010, 03:01 PM) *
That ad drives me crazy too! The fact that the women are horrified by a meal with 8 grams of fat! That isn't a lot. I mean, what is the recommended daily fat intake anyway?

It depends upon your height, weight, age, gender & level of activity.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jsmith
post Jan 25 2010, 03:12 PM
Post #24

It's Calamity Jenn

QUOTE(candycane_girl @ Jan 25 2010, 02:01 PM) *
I mean, what is the recommended daily fat intake anyway?

-3g

--------------------
Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds are serviley crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God, because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blind faith. Thomas Jefferson

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Jan 25 2010, 03:01 PM
Post #25

Hardcore BUSTie

That ad drives me crazy too! The fact that the women are horrified by a meal with 8 grams of fat! That isn't a lot. I mean, what is the recommended daily fat intake anyway?

+Quote Post
jsmith
post Jan 24 2010, 11:07 PM
Post #26

It's Calamity Jenn

QUOTE(Amber80 @ Jan 22 2010, 02:18 PM) *
Okay. Please tell me I'm not alone in my anger over that TV commercial for the light Campbell's soups where they show women looking at weight watchers type frozen meals and the announcer is indicating that 310 calories and 8 grams of fat is just too high and that instead those women should be eating the soup, which has 80 calories and 0 grams of fat. Yay! Let's encourage women to starve themselves some more! That's JUST what we all need! I get angry EVERY time I see that damn commercial!!

Glad I got that off my chest. Phew.

I've seen that commercial. Didn't think of it that way, but you're totally right.
When I saw it, I just thought "Who the hell thinks that soup is all the sustenance one needs?" I certainly couldn't live off of soup. Hell, I couldn't life off the frozen things they were slamming, either.
Bastards.

--------------------
Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds are serviley crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God, because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blind faith. Thomas Jefferson

+Quote Post
Babsalicious
post Jan 24 2010, 06:04 PM
Post #27

BUSTie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiRXbK5UBCk

Ugh.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jan 22 2010, 04:41 PM
Post #28

Big Fat Bitch

Hellotampon, perhaps we are crazy or perhaps they fixed it, but the lowercase i is actually inside of the A!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Amber80
post Jan 22 2010, 03:18 PM
Post #29

BUSTie

Okay. Please tell me I'm not alone in my anger over that TV commercial for the light Campbell's soups where they show women looking at weight watchers type frozen meals and the announcer is indicating that 310 calories and 8 grams of fat is just too high and that instead those women should be eating the soup, which has 80 calories and 0 grams of fat. Yay! Let's encourage women to starve themselves some more! That's JUST what we all need! I get angry EVERY time I see that damn commercial!!

Glad I got that off my chest. Phew.

+Quote Post
jsmith
post Jan 22 2010, 01:14 PM
Post #30

It's Calamity Jenn

Has anyone else HAD IT with those ads where mom/dad is despairing over daughter/son who wants to go into the army?

--------------------

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jan 22 2010, 08:01 AM
Post #31

Big Fat Bitch

I noticed it, too, but since it isn't as annoying as the rest of the ads & those Olympia kids are so wacky, I can overlook it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
hellotampon
post Jan 22 2010, 07:55 AM
Post #32

Hardcore BUSTie

The Buy Olympia ad on this site is spelled wrong. They left out the letter "i."

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Jan 9 2010, 11:16 AM
Post #33

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

QUOTE(jsmith @ Jan 5 2010, 08:56 PM) *
Okay, seriously... I would not go into that dude's house. He looks like a serial killer.

Hey, that's Will Clinger! He used to host a PBS show here in Chicago called Wild Chicago- they'd visit unique people, places, stores, etc. around the area and interview them. It was a great show.

Not a serial killer, as far as I know.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
jsmith
post Jan 7 2010, 06:30 PM
Post #34

It's Calamity Jenn

This geico commercial cracks me up. It's a nice change from those damned cavemen.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jsmith
post Jan 5 2010, 08:56 PM
Post #35

It's Calamity Jenn

Okay, seriously... I would not go into that dude's house. He looks like a serial killer.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Babsalicious
post Jan 3 2010, 08:23 PM
Post #36

BUSTie

QUOTE(enfermera @ Jan 1 2010, 06:19 AM) *
so...one of the "newer" ads, the ones in the top right corner? it's an ad for romance novels or something, and it shows a guy with his face pressed up to a woman's bare thigh? every time i see it in my peripheral vision, it looks like a guy with a really big arm, and he is lifting it up to sniff his pitts. it doesn't really qualify as "!@#$%&* Annoying" to me, but i think it's funny, and wondered if it looked that way to anyone else.

Bahahahahahaaaaa!!!

I never thought about it until I read this and I can totally see it! I crap up everytime now! Its actually up in the corner now as im typing and and I cant stop laughing..!! Heeee!!

+Quote Post
jsmith
post Jan 1 2010, 10:03 PM
Post #37

It's Calamity Jenn

There's this one commercial, for geek squad I think, where the tech dude has taken over someones computer to install a program, and this girl is telling her boyfriend that she's installing the program with her mind. It's hilarious

--------------------

+Quote Post
hellotampon
post Jan 1 2010, 07:21 PM
Post #38

Hardcore BUSTie

Ugggh I hate that restaurant commercial that has the woman ordering a vegetable, and her date's inner monologue gets all excited that he won't have to pay for some expensive dinner. Then she goes on to order a chicken entree and a dessert, and he freaks out until he sees that all 3 items are a cheap combo. It's the most overtly sexist commercial I've seen in a while.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jan 1 2010, 12:03 PM
Post #39

Big Fat Bitch

QUOTE(jsmith @ Dec 30 2009, 05:21 PM) *
Yeah, you aren't kidding. Nothing can make my eyes well up like an ASPCA commercial. Not even those commercials with starving children who have no parents.
Yes, I do wonder if I'm something of a misanthrope.

I don't know if it's for the SPCA or what, but there is a really funny one I saw just last night. This guy sets some kind of wiry terrier on the side of the road & drives away. The dog looks at the camera & says something like, "I'm not a bad dog. No behavior problems, etc. Adopt from a shelter. And if you see Terry (former owner) tell him he lost his wallet." And then the dog picks up this wallet & starts shaking the money & ccs out of it.

I actually ticked one of those romance novels ads as I was curious. I read an excerpt of something that is supposed to have hot eunuch on eunuch action. At least, that's what it said in the warnings. Huh.

--------------------

+Quote Post
enfermera
post Jan 1 2010, 09:19 AM
Post #40

Hardcore BUSTie

so...one of the "newer" ads, the ones in the top right corner? it's an ad for romance novels or something, and it shows a guy with his face pressed up to a woman's bare thigh? every time i see it in my peripheral vision, it looks like a guy with a really big arm, and he is lifting it up to sniff his pitts. it doesn't really qualify as "!@#$%&* Annoying" to me, but i think it's funny, and wondered if it looked that way to anyone else.

+Quote Post

75 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 28, 2014 - 02:07 AM