271 Pages V  « < 197 198 199 200 201 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
bvgirl
post Apr 20 2007, 07:15 AM
Post #3961

BUSTie

QUOTE(anitsirhc @ Apr 19 2007, 01:52 AM) *
oh and i was reading different posts about the "oniony" smell. i've gotten that before too. i've gotten it when i was sweaty or towards the end of the day. i've also gotten it when i drink alcohol. it's always gone away after i showered. i don't think that's something to worry about unless it's there constantly. i think it's just from being sweaty or from what you eat (or drink.)

I have been using yeast arrest for a couple of weeks and no foul bv smell at all.. I too have that oniony smell. I don't think we should be alarmed about it. It is not foul smelling so I believe that it can be considered as normal.

--------------------
BVGIRL

GOD BLESS YOU ALL......

I will be around......
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
deprime
post Apr 19 2007, 11:38 PM
Post #3962

BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ Apr 18 2007, 12:49 AM) *
DEPRIME: Where did you get the pills. I find it really hard to believe that you have had no success with this, AND NO YEAST!!! You might want to make sure you're stuff is for real, because, I'm on my third week of no smell, after only using 2 PILLS!!! I went 2 months, remember, then had sex, and started smelling it, so I inserted a couple more. But, it takes it away for me, completely!!!!

Jewels: I got the pills from the local Walgreens! Here's my update: After inserting one 500mg pill each night for 10 consecutive nights, I stopped. I still have some discharge (which may me normal for me), but it's NOT SMELLY AT ALL. Yay!!

And, no yeast infection. If it comes back, I'll be inserting another...but for now I'm loving my life!

Thanks for the tip and good luck ladies!

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post Apr 19 2007, 01:18 AM
Post #3963

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ Apr 19 2007, 03:06 AM) *
Sounds like Yeast to me. One thing I want to warn everyone about, because I made the same mistake myself. When using the Flagyl vaginally, DON'T HAVE SEX!!! This will cause a major yeast infection!! I treated mine with a 3 day monistat, and it was gone, along with the B.V.!!

I'm still SMELL FREE!! I did have sex today, and NO SMELL!!

thanks jewels, i'll probably do the 3 day monistat too. i waited for 2 weeks after i inserted the flagyl to have sex but i think the yeast infection wasn't gone and having sex just made it worse. anyway, the instructions on the rephresh say that it stays on the vaginal walls for 3 days so i'll wait 3 or 4 days and then use the monistat. i don't want all these different things up there at once!

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Apr 19 2007, 12:49 AM
Post #3964

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(anitsirhc @ Apr 19 2007, 06:49 AM) *
hello, ladies. just an update. before my period i inserted 2 500mg of the flagyl. i felt like i got a yeast infection so after my period was over, i treated it with yeast gard, which is homeopathic and all natural for a yeast infection. then once i was done with that i used rephresh. i used the rephresh last night. so far i don't really have much discharge and i don't smell anything. i'm just kind of itchy. i'm wondering if the yeast gard wasn't enough to get rid of the yeast infection and maybe i'll have to go with something that's not "all natural" or if it's just from the rephresh because i just put it in last night. i also had sex for the first time in a while last night and i still have no smell or discharge today. i'm going to keep using the rephresh and if the itching doesn't go away i'll treat it as a yeast infection again, bv never made me itch before so i'm sure it's a yeast infection. i think this might have worked. hopefully the rephresh will keep everything normal.

thanks to everyone for suggestions and advice and i hope everyone who hasn't already found relief from this does soon.

Sounds like Yeast to me. One thing I want to warn everyone about, because I made the same mistake myself. When using the Flagyl vaginally, DON'T HAVE SEX!!! This will cause a major yeast infection!! I treated mine with a 3 day monistat, and it was gone, along with the B.V.!!

I'm still SMELL FREE!! I did have sex today, and NO SMELL!!

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post Apr 19 2007, 12:35 AM
Post #3965

Hardcore BUSTie

oh and i was reading different posts about the "oniony" smell. i've gotten that before too. i've gotten it when i was sweaty or towards the end of the day. i've also gotten it when i drink alcohol. it's always gone away after i showered. i don't think that's something to worry about unless it's there constantly. i think it's just from being sweaty or from what you eat (or drink.)

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post Apr 19 2007, 12:32 AM
Post #3966

Hardcore BUSTie

hello, ladies. just an update. before my period i inserted 2 500mg of the flagyl. i felt like i got a yeast infection so after my period was over, i treated it with yeast gard, which is homeopathic and all natural for a yeast infection. then once i was done with that i used rephresh. i used the rephresh last night. so far i don't really have much discharge and i don't smell anything. i'm just kind of itchy. i'm wondering if the yeast gard wasn't enough to get rid of the yeast infection and maybe i'll have to go with something that's not "all natural" or if it's just from the rephresh because i just put it in last night. i also had sex for the first time in a while last night and i still have no smell or discharge today. i'm going to keep using the rephresh and if the itching doesn't go away i'll treat it as a yeast infection again, bv never made me itch before so i'm sure it's a yeast infection. i think this might have worked. hopefully the rephresh will keep everything normal.

thanks to everyone for suggestions and advice and i hope everyone who hasn't already found relief from this does soon.

+Quote Post
Morphia
post Apr 18 2007, 11:02 PM
Post #3967

Hardcore BUSTie

Anyone ever heard of Clearly Natural Soaps? I found it at my drugstore while I was waiting for my prescription to be filled. I bought three bars from their Essentials line (all the store carried) which contains...."Nature's nutrients: vegetable glycerine + pure essential oils." Sound good for the girly parts???

Here's a link to their website: http://www.clearlynaturalsoaps.com/

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Apr 17 2007, 11:32 PM
Post #3968

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(deprime @ Apr 14 2007, 05:08 PM) *
PG: I have that oniony smell too! Blah. I'm glad that you had success with the Estroil.

So... I've been inserted a 500mg flagyl every night (for about 9 nights now), and I still have the BV. I'm going to keep using it until this bottle runs out... this thing HAS to go.

It's funny though... no yeast infection whatsoever. Still the BV; it's been oniony for a while now. Also, I haven't had sex since I've started using the pills... oy. We'll see.

DEPRIME: Where did you get the pills. I find it really hard to believe that you have had no success with this, AND NO YEAST!!! You might want to make sure you're stuff is for real, because, I'm on my third week of no smell, after only using 2 PILLS!!! I went 2 months, remember, then had sex, and started smelling it, so I inserted a couple more. But, it takes it away for me, completely!!!!

+Quote Post
bvgirl
post Apr 17 2007, 05:54 PM
Post #3969

BUSTie

QUOTE(Morphia @ Apr 17 2007, 03:28 PM) *
Alright guys...its day seven and I pretty much know in my heart that the Clindesse did NOT work. I guess all of the yeast treatments I took over the past year and a half has created a force to be reckoned with. A monster that will consume my life. I'll go get it checked out first, but when the test comes back positive I'm going to break up with my boyfriend. Its better to break up with him than have him leave me over this. Which I know he will even though he's being very supportive right now. Things like this take a toll on people. He's only been with me for 3 months. Why stay with me when he can easily find some other girl that can give him what he needs? We haven't had sex in over a month... I'm sorry guys, I'm just so crushed right now. I feel that my life is over...

Please I ask you Morphia to continue to try out products to get relief. I understand so much what you are saying and feeling as do all the women on this board dealing with this problem. I have been dealing with this bv off and on for 10 years. I know what a burden and problem it causes when you want to be intimate with your boyfriend. I understand how hard and embarrassing you feel when you have a smell down there. We all do. So please just hang in there and continue reading this board I am positive you will find relief. So far I have with the yeast arrest. Why dont you give it a try? Please do not give up and I ask all of the ladies here to do the same.. CONTINUE FIGHTING FOR RELIEF....IT WILL COME..

--------------------
BVGIRL

GOD BLESS YOU ALL......

I will be around......

+Quote Post
persona36
post Apr 17 2007, 03:37 PM
Post #3970

BUSTie

Thats too hard to think about a break up.sad.gif give the yeast arrest a chance, my boyfriend has supported me for the 2.5 years we have been together. With its help I have been feeling very normal and happy:)

QUOTE(Morphia @ Apr 17 2007, 04:28 PM) *
Alright guys...its day seven and I pretty much know in my heart that the Clindesse did NOT work. I guess all of the yeast treatments I took over the past year and a half has created a force to be reckoned with. A monster that will consume my life. I'll go get it checked out first, but when the test comes back positive I'm going to break up with my boyfriend. Its better to break up with him than have him leave me over this. Which I know he will even though he's being very supportive right now. Things like this take a toll on people. He's only been with me for 3 months. Why stay with me when he can easily find some other girl that can give him what he needs? We haven't had sex in over a month... I'm sorry guys, I'm just so crushed right now. I feel that my life is over...

+Quote Post
Morphia
post Apr 17 2007, 02:11 PM
Post #3971

Hardcore BUSTie

+Quote Post
NotCatEyed
post Apr 17 2007, 11:37 AM
Post #3972

[quote name='bvgirl' date='Apr 17 2007, 06:08 AM' post='147434']
My doctor ordered a complete bloodwork and urine tests which included an HIV,diabetes,lupus,thyroid just to name a few. Everything checked out fine.

Yeah, I was told immune weakness is a possible reason for recurrent infections, but I also tested negative for all the bad ones. I will say however that taking immune system booster herbs has helped me in the past. Echinacea, Vit. C, zinc, garlic, oil of oregano, and a multi vitamin helps with keeping your body strong. I don't remember to take all of them everyday...but I should.
There was one study I read that said women using a garlic suppository alone were significantly less likely to be cured than women using garlic suppositories and echinacea. That was enough for me,in terms of power of suggestion, and I went out and bought an arsenal of herbs and vitamins.
I'm going on a trip to China and I am going to try(with my minimal chinese) to buy some herbs there that are supposed to help with this situation. Any suggestions ladies? The more the better.

`

+Quote Post
bvgirl
post Apr 17 2007, 06:51 AM
Post #3973

BUSTie

QUOTE(Morphia @ Apr 17 2007, 12:30 AM) *
Hey. I just had a quick question. I was wondering if anyone in here had a weakened immune system that they were aware of. As in thyroid disorders, diabetes, autoimmune disease, etc. I'm just curious as to whether or not recurrent BV can be due to a weak immune system since mine obviously is compromised. But the more I read the more I see that it just has to do with an imbalance of vaginal flora or pH. Can a weakened immune system cause the good bacteria to die off? Doesn't really make sense...

My doctor ordered a complete bloodwork and urine tests which included an HIV,diabetes,lupus,thyroid just to name a few. Everything checked out fine.Every year he orders bloodwork just to make sure all is still fine or I request them and the latest test was to just do a routine check of my thyroids and cholesterol and also a blood count to make sure that I have not become anemic. He did tell me (at that time I was three years into chronic bv) that a weakened immune system can cause you lots of problems and or infections that do not clear up like they should. I also read that persons with HIV and other weakened immune system are more susceptible to infections. I will say this you may have to pressure your doctor into ordering bloodwork if he or she seems against it or have no motivation to test you for possible diseases. It is better to know. As far as our bv problem, yes I agree with you that it is more ph problems than anything..That is what I truly believe.

--------------------
BVGIRL

GOD BLESS YOU ALL......

I will be around......

+Quote Post
Morphia
post Apr 16 2007, 11:13 PM
Post #3974

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey. I just had a quick question. I was wondering if anyone in here had a weakened immune system that they were aware of. As in thyroid disorders, diabetes, autoimmune disease, etc. I'm just curious as to whether or not recurrent BV can be due to a weak immune system since mine obviously is compromised. But the more I read the more I see that it just has to do with an imbalance of vaginal flora or pH. Can a weakened immune system cause the good bacteria to die off? Doesn't really make sense...

+Quote Post
bvgirl
post Apr 16 2007, 06:01 AM
Post #3975

BUSTie

QUOTE(Morphia @ Apr 15 2007, 11:49 PM) *
http://www.gutflora.org/hs-news.php?id=117

Read that. I bought some of the Primadophilus Reuteri Pearls by Nature's Way from Vitacost. But I don't think it has the same strains of Rhamnosus and Reuteri that the Jarrow Fem dophilus has. Its just that the Fem dophilus is so much more expensive. 15 bucks for 30 caps. The Primadophilus was about $18 for 60.

I also wanted to add, that I've been on this Clindesse for 5 days now and for the first time in my life I'm detecting a faint fishy odor. Is this supposed to happen? Are antibiotics known to make things worse?!

Hello Morphia

I have been using the Primadophilus Bifidus which has 5 billion live organisims ( I believe they suggest that we take 2 billion on up) so 5 billion is good. I am not familiar with the Primadophilus Reuteri and since it costs more maybe because it contains a much higher count of live organisims. Just make sure it is enteric coated.
Also, I am not too familiar with Clindesse but I know for a fact that antibiotics are known to destroy the good bacteria which then makes the bad bacteria multiply causing ph problems/bv/yeast infections. That is why they suggest that whenever you take any antibiotic you should take acidophilus. I perfer the Primadophilus because of the higher live organism count. I paid $22 for a 90 count bottle. Just make sure you read the labels and if I were you I would not spend money on products that have less than 2 billion and are not enteric coated. If you are like me I prefer the potent stuff. I am still researching other products so I am still in the infancy stage with all this information. I have been taking yeast arrest and it has been working GREAT.. Also, I continue to drink lots of water each day. I got information from a fellow friend on here about acidic vaginal jelly how it has helped out many with bv. So just keep on reading this board and when I find out new information and or about a product I will post it here. I will also keep you updated on my bv and so far no smell since I started the yeast arrest. So hang in there Clindesse is not the only product if it is not working for you there is lots more we just have to go through this trial and error process...

--------------------
BVGIRL

GOD BLESS YOU ALL......

I will be around......

+Quote Post
NotCatEyed
post Apr 16 2007, 02:40 AM
Post #3976

hey ladies,
After weeks more of waiting and HP rinses, the flagyl arrived and I inserted some last night before bed. I felt good, positive, hopeful. But then I had a teeny tiny drink tonight, and right away I spent a half hour on the toilet. Lovely, really, especially with a house full of guests over. How embarrassing!? I still feel hella queezy and terrible. ugh. So I think I'll hold off on a second dose until tomorrow.

I just wanted to reiterate my pain so no one else makes the same stupid move. No drinking/drugs + these evil antibiotics. I mean I was really miserable for hours and I'm worried I may have screwed more up down there. I will relay the results of the flagyl, if i can recover and try again after 24 hrs.

+Quote Post
Morphia
post Apr 15 2007, 10:32 PM
Post #3977

Hardcore BUSTie

http://www.gutflora.org/hs-news.php?id=117

Read that. I bought some of the Primadophilus Reuteri Pearls by Nature's Way from Vitacost. But I don't think it has the same strains of Rhamnosus and Reuteri that the Jarrow Fem dophilus has. Its just that the Fem dophilus is so much more expensive. 15 bucks for 30 caps. The Primadophilus was about $18 for 60.

I also wanted to add, that I've been on this Clindesse for 5 days now and for the first time in my life I'm detecting a faint fishy odor. Is this supposed to happen? Are antibiotics known to make things worse?!

+Quote Post
BubbaLove
post Apr 15 2007, 10:09 PM
Post #3978

Yes I did feel the leakage. It took a while for the cream to clear out completely.. I was beginning to get scared of it.. thinking I should clea it out myself lol. But I didn't.

+Quote Post
bvgirl
post Apr 15 2007, 08:36 PM
Post #3979

BUSTie

QUOTE(persona36 @ Apr 15 2007, 08:57 PM) *
bv, where did u buy the yeast arrest from? i got mine from tao of herbs?

I have been on that site you bought yours from but since I was so very anxious to try it out I got it from a local health food store. The owner told me that the maker of yeast arrest is a woman who has a line of many other products to cater to our needs.

--------------------
BVGIRL

GOD BLESS YOU ALL......

I will be around......

+Quote Post
persona36
post Apr 15 2007, 07:40 PM
Post #3980

BUSTie

bv, where did u buy the yeast arrest from? i got mine from tao of herbs?

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 197 198 199 200 201 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 24, 2014 - 01:48 PM