Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 170 171 172 173 174 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
persona36
post May 27 2007, 05:42 AM
Post #3421

BUSTie

Hey ladies I have been reading all of your advices and own methods over the last few weeks and I have my own that seems to be working. I too did use yeast arrest and it was with great luck for me. Then I was working one day and saw a new product in my store called accuflora it is a pro-biotic acidophilus that isnt refrigerated. It has 500 million cfu's in it and so far I have had great luck. I havnt been eating too healthy so im not too into the health food thing but I have been hiking lately and drinking alot of water and coffee, go figure, I guess everyones bodies will respond differently at different times. I will be around and still keeping on the pro-biotics:)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
arj75
post May 26 2007, 11:35 AM
Post #3422

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(neverending @ May 26 2007, 09:04 AM) *
Zinc
Benefits & Deficiency Symptoms
Zinc is considered an antioxidant. Zinc is also a natural antibacterial and anti-viral mineral. Zinc is found in all body fluids: therefore Zinc is a front line defense against infection-causing bacteria and viruses trying to enter the body. Zinc stops the replication process of the virus or bacteria. Those body fluids containing the most water also contain the most Zinc. Examples of such body fluids are tears, mucous, saliva and urine.

Zinc must be in proper balance to assist over 25 enzymatic functions, including digestion, metabolism, and reproduction. Often food processing removes all Zinc from the food we eat. Without Zinc in our diets, the proper assimilation of vitamins is nearly impossible.

Normal growth and development of young people is very dependent upon Zinc. The normal maintenance of body tissue, sexual functions, and chemical detoxification are all closely related to the amount of Zinc in the body. Zinc is also very important in the workings of the immune system and the synthesis of DNA in our cells. Recovery time after a major surgery is greatly decreased when the body contains the proper amount of Zinc.

Zinc is stored in the thyroid, pancreas, liver, kidneys, bones, voluntary muscles, prostate, sperm, skin, hair, nails, white corpuscles and whites of the eyes.

Many people in our society are very deficient in Zinc. One of the major symptoms is underarm odor. Therefore, selling underarm deodorants in this country has become a multibillion-dollar industry. That's largely due to the fact that many "normal" people have a Zinc deficiency.

Zinc deficiency can lead to a wide variety of degenerative diseases. Low amounts of Zinc during pregnancy can result in numerous birth defects such as Down syndrome, clef lip, spinabifdia, clubbed limbs, hernias, and umbilical cord hernias.

Some Symptoms of Zinc Deficiency:

Angina, Alzheimer's, anemia, alcoholism, acne, anorexia or bulimia, body odor, birth defects, cavities, Cohn's disease, depression, diabetes, free radical damage, eye diseases, herpes, hypertension, hair loss, infertility, infection, loss of smell and taste, miscarriages, obesity, PMS, still births, thyroid disorders, urinary track disorders, and underarm odor.

Note:

Zinc benefits and/or deficiency symptoms are generic for the mineral. No product claims are being made or implied.

Thanks neverending for posting that. I have been doing some research on vitamins and minerals too. I had read that as well. I swear to you all that I will learn how to pull and post articles that I find very soon. My "tutor" that was gonna show me...aka boyfriend..dumped me. O well. Nasty crouch or not..I'm still to good for him. lol.

(when I learn) I'm gonna post what the FDA suggests of what we woman, who are in stress, need in our daily diets. Supplements help, but it's a lot better if we get the sources naturally. Also, you can harm your body by taking too many...

But, I'm on the nutrional "band wagon" too. I enjoy learning about such things like you have posted.

I'm going to INDY this weekend, and the race tommorow...bv vacation starting in one hour. lol.

+Quote Post
neverending
post May 26 2007, 07:47 AM
Post #3423

Hardcore BUSTie

Zinc
Benefits & Deficiency Symptoms
Zinc is considered an antioxidant. Zinc is also a natural antibacterial and anti-viral mineral. Zinc is found in all body fluids: therefore Zinc is a front line defense against infection-causing bacteria and viruses trying to enter the body. Zinc stops the replication process of the virus or bacteria. Those body fluids containing the most water also contain the most Zinc. Examples of such body fluids are tears, mucous, saliva and urine.

Zinc must be in proper balance to assist over 25 enzymatic functions, including digestion, metabolism, and reproduction. Often food processing removes all Zinc from the food we eat. Without Zinc in our diets, the proper assimilation of vitamins is nearly impossible.

Normal growth and development of young people is very dependent upon Zinc. The normal maintenance of body tissue, sexual functions, and chemical detoxification are all closely related to the amount of Zinc in the body. Zinc is also very important in the workings of the immune system and the synthesis of DNA in our cells. Recovery time after a major surgery is greatly decreased when the body contains the proper amount of Zinc.

Zinc is stored in the thyroid, pancreas, liver, kidneys, bones, voluntary muscles, prostate, sperm, skin, hair, nails, white corpuscles and whites of the eyes.

Many people in our society are very deficient in Zinc. One of the major symptoms is underarm odor. Therefore, selling underarm deodorants in this country has become a multibillion-dollar industry. That's largely due to the fact that many "normal" people have a Zinc deficiency.

Zinc deficiency can lead to a wide variety of degenerative diseases. Low amounts of Zinc during pregnancy can result in numerous birth defects such as Down syndrome, clef lip, spinabifdia, clubbed limbs, hernias, and umbilical cord hernias.

Some Symptoms of Zinc Deficiency:

Angina, Alzheimer's, anemia, alcoholism, acne, anorexia or bulimia, body odor, birth defects, cavities, Cohn's disease, depression, diabetes, free radical damage, eye diseases, herpes, hypertension, hair loss, infertility, infection, loss of smell and taste, miscarriages, obesity, PMS, still births, thyroid disorders, urinary track disorders, and underarm odor.

Note:

Zinc benefits and/or deficiency symptoms are generic for the mineral. No product claims are being made or implied.

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post May 25 2007, 08:19 PM
Post #3424

Hardcore BUSTie

my update: i've been using the yeast arrest since monday. the day after i started using it the smell was gone. i can't really tell if i have discharge or not because when the yeast arrest disolves it all comes out. i don't think i have much discharge though because unless i have the yeast arrest coming out of me then i don't really have anything.

so the bad parts (not really so bad just some annoying things) of using yeast arrrest for me are:

1) you need to use it for at least a month if you have a bad case (which all of us do i think)

2) when it disolves it comes out in thick green discharge and it's a little messy and annoying now especially since i've been going to the beach

3) when the green stuff comes out it makes me itch on the outside a little bit, but it goes away

4) i'm a little bit dried out from it but not so bad

those definitely aren't bad enough to make me stop using it, especially because it's working right now.

i also started taking the fem-dophilus yesterday. i ordered it from iherb.com on monday. it came in an insulated package with ice packs inside but whoever delivered it left it out on my front porch and it was hot out so by time i got it, it wasn't cold anymore. hopefully it wasn't warm already before they left it there. so what i plan on doing taking 2 fem-dophilus a day while i'm using the yeast arrest and then once i stop (i'm going to use it for a month) i'm going to use 1 fem-dophilus aday. i insert 1 yeast arrest twice a day. so this is working for me right now hopefully once i stop the yeast arrest it will stay away. once i'm done with the month of yeast arrest i'm going to continue using it only when i have my period.

+Quote Post
neverending
post May 25 2007, 04:25 PM
Post #3425

Hardcore BUSTie

OK, who wants to be the guinea pig? LOL! I've been reading a lot about zinc and I was wondering, has anyone ever tried zinc vaginally? blink.gif

+Quote Post
CanCan
post May 25 2007, 10:40 AM
Post #3426

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(lori @ May 25 2007, 12:37 AM) *
That's so weird.

I think my symptoms had something to do with antibiotics. It's certainly something to keep an eye on, because it took me a while for me to figure it out. IBS is such a non-specific thing, can be caused by any number of things including stress. So sometimes, the doctors just have no idea.

So BV can give you IBS? Or IBS can give you BV? Oh dear.

BV is just the gift that keeps on giving.

I'm not 100% sure about it being passed back and forth like that. I need to figure that out. But I know there is a connection there. I know for a fact my BV infection was making my IBS flare up. And yes, I think it was from stress. I mean, it is so stressful having this BV problem, it was practically giving me an ulcer. I would be buckled over in pain from cramping. And I havn't had a bout of IBS in years. IBS in my opinion, is similar to having an ulcer - but not in your stomach - in your intestines. Stress exacerbates it. I don't think the BV gave me the IBS though. I had IBS years ago, before having BV. Actually, I think what really happened was that the antibiotics killed off all good bacteria in my body (not just my vagina), the BV came back, I got totally upset, then the stress coupled with the fact that now I don't have good bacteria in my intestines gave me a flare up of IBS. But the IBS was probably already there.

But what is IBS really? Irritable Bowel Syndrome. When I get upset, I feel it in my gut. And if you are a person that has thinner and more porous intestines than other people, with a thinner layer of mucous to protect them, then you are a candidate for IBS. Stress is almost always the catalyst. I read in one of my books that most women who get IBS can look in their calendar and pin-point the week that they got it. Or that they started feeling terrible, ultimately leading to IBS. For me, it was the week I broke up with my boyfriend. Gas, indigestion, food allergies, buckling over in pain, constipation alternating with diarrhea, are some of the symptoms I had. Then the yeast infections started. And then years later, the bacterial vaginosis started.

+Quote Post
bvgirl
post May 25 2007, 05:22 AM
Post #3427

BUSTie

QUOTE(miserywithcompany @ May 25 2007, 03:07 AM) *
Just checking in. I still stink but at least I can smell my smelly feet now because the crotch stench isn't so over-powering. The aci-jelly I've been using is almost gone. Been using it at night about twice a week or after sex then "cleaning up" the following morning with a tampon to absorb the rest so it doesnt ooze out for hours leaving me sticky and I don't smell like I used a bottle of vinegar as perfume. Someone said a while back its not being made any more. Figures. The one thing for me that seems to keep it checked to almost a point of toleration. Has anyone heard if there is a replacement for this product on the horizon?

Currently, I dont use it but I do have a prescription for( the generic brand which is called acidic vaginal jelly) and what the pharmacist(at Walgreens) told me is that they have discontinued the name brand aci-jel and will not make that any longer but the generic brand is still available. He also stated that there still may be some of the name brand available online and they will continue to sell it until they have no more in stock. So you may be able to find some websites with the brand name. Generics are good too but some may perfer the name brand I say just to give it a shot and see how the generic brand works for you. As far as a replacement and or if horizon has a replacement product I do not know and the pharmacist also stated that they have not been notified in their systems if they will or when they will have a replacement product for the name brand. The last I checked was about a month ago I dont know if any new news have developed and or if anything has changed regarding this product.

--------------------
BVGIRL

GOD BLESS YOU ALL......

I will be around......

+Quote Post
sassy
post May 25 2007, 05:01 AM
Post #3428

Hardcore BUSTie

Morphia: I wasn't trying to be mean or anything. But you've posted several stressed out posts about your discharge and I've posted once or twice about it being normal. You keep saying how stupid your doctors are about it, but really, you need to listen sometimes to what other people have to say...especially if they've been through the same thing.

+Quote Post
arj75
post May 25 2007, 02:49 AM
Post #3429

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(lori @ May 24 2007, 11:37 PM) *
That's so weird.

I think my symptoms had something to do with antibiotics. It's certainly something to keep an eye on, because it took me a while for me to figure it out. IBS is such a non-specific thing, can be caused by any number of things including stress. So sometimes, the doctors just have no idea.

How exactly is IBS diagnosed? Does making about 5 or 6 "road stops" a year...and being late to social, work and school affairs because of "bowel problems" constitute IBS? Or the fact that I have to lay over a clothes hamper at night sometimes just to tolerate the "labor pains" hehe. What about eating rolaids and tums like tic tacs 7 to 8 times a month...because your stomach is on "fire". Those problems that I experience...have been the least of my worries...however...maybe I shouldn''t have put these problems on the back burner......

+Quote Post
miserywithcompan...
post May 25 2007, 01:50 AM
Post #3430

BUSTie

Just checking in. I still stink but at least I can smell my smelly feet now because the crotch stench isn't so over-powering. The aci-jelly I've been using is almost gone. Been using it at night about twice a week or after sex then "cleaning up" the following morning with a tampon to absorb the rest so it doesnt ooze out for hours leaving me sticky and I don't smell like I used a bottle of vinegar as perfume. Someone said a while back its not being made any more. Figures. The one thing for me that seems to keep it checked to almost a point of toleration. Has anyone heard if there is a replacement for this product on the horizon?

+Quote Post
lori
post May 24 2007, 10:20 PM
Post #3431

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(CanCan @ May 24 2007, 12:12 PM) *
But I don't think the IBS was caused by BV, but the other way around (Lori mentioned this as well). I think IBS can give you BV. However, for some reason, when I got my BV, I had a flare-up of IBS! Cramping, bloated belly; I can't explain it. Or maybe my IBS got worse because of the antibiotic that I took.

That's so weird.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Morphia
post May 24 2007, 07:08 PM
Post #3432

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(sassy @ May 24 2007, 07:58 PM) *
MORPHIA: Like I've posted once before...it is normal to have that discharge after getting a cervical biopsy. I had discharge from mine for 2 weeks and that is normal. CALM DOWN!

Ummm, excuse me. But did I show any indication whatsoever of freaking out? Did you see a shit load of exclamation points in my post? I'm sick and tired of every body taking what I say out of context and attacking me. The yahoo group may be slow, but at least they're more understanding and slow to judge. I think its time I left this board. Good luck tearing each other's throats out.

+Quote Post
Morphia
post May 24 2007, 07:03 PM
Post #3433

Hardcore BUSTie

double post

+Quote Post
sassy
post May 24 2007, 06:41 PM
Post #3434

Hardcore BUSTie

MORPHIA: Like I've posted once before...it is normal to have that discharge after getting a cervical biopsy. I had discharge from mine for 2 weeks and that is normal. CALM DOWN!

+Quote Post
jenniferg
post May 24 2007, 04:00 PM
Post #3435

BUSTie

Morphia: Have you ever tried a colon cleanser? I used one in November and December and it was a miracle! I was so glad that I found it. I also have IBS and since I used it I have been much more regular and feel great. I just ordered another 1 month supply because it is recommended to do it every 6 months. It comes with a fiber mix, pills to rid your body of parasites and a tea. I was afraid that after using the product that I would just go back to always having bathroom problems but it wasn't the case. May be good for you too cancan as you had mentioned having IBS.

www.drnatura.com

+Quote Post
Morphia
post May 24 2007, 02:44 PM
Post #3436

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(CanCan @ May 24 2007, 02:12 PM) *
I was told a few years ago that I have IBS too. Irritable Bowel Syndrome. But I don't think the IBS was caused by BV, but the other way around (Lori mentioned this as well). I think IBS can give you BV. However, for some reason, when I got my BV, I had a flare-up of IBS! Cramping, bloated belly; I can't explain it. Or maybe my IBS got worse because of the antibiotic that I took. The die-off of any microbes in your intestines would give you gas.

I would be curious to know how many of us here have digestive issues?

I've been having bowel issues since I got sick a year and a half ago (still don't know what the hell is wrong with me). I was able to get a colonoscopy in October. My results were inflammation indicative of IBS...OR...infection. Nothing else was done about it. You'd think after those findings that they would have taken a stool sample. I still wonder if I might have some type of parasitic infection in there and I keep hoping that maybe this 14 days of Flagyl will get rid of it if I do.

I went to see my doctor today and to my dismay he said that my cervix looked fine and that the discharge was normal?? I'm sorry, but no discharge 6 days after a colpo is normal. Plus I'm still in pain. HOWEVER...he is MUCH better than my primary doc. As I thought, because he is younger he has actually heard of the resistant strains of yeast and other bacterias that can live in the vagina. I didn't have to bring them up at all! I complained that I was having trouble with yeast too and he just started talking about them. And when I asked him if he could do a culture for any yeast or bacteria we might be missing he said that he couldn't do one due to the lack of supplies he had in his office but that he did feel that I needed one and that he would look into finding someone that could do one for me. He did have the supplies to check for group B strep so he took a culture for that. While he said some things that were inaccurate (such as my pH of 5.0 is too low and should be around 7 unsure.gif ) I can still say that I've found my new doc from now on. At least for a good while.

Another unfortunately, he said that if I keep having the recurring bv he wants to put me on the metrogel regimen I've heard people talk about. I think he said metrogel for 7 days instead of five, then once a week for a month, then once a month indefinitely. He says he's had good results with that but from what I've read most women don't seem to have much luck with it. Plus, wouldn't that just give me constant yeast problems?

For my current yeast problem he gave me Gynazole (By the same makers of Clindesse). I'm worried about that since its the one dose type that stays in you for 7 days. What if there really is an infection in there? He says it shouldn't irritate my biopsies but I'm afraid it will.

+Quote Post
CanCan
post May 24 2007, 12:55 PM
Post #3437

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(SFgirl @ May 14 2007, 09:08 PM) *
I recently had an intense and painful reaction to Bacterial Vaginosis and was ill for about three weeks. I've had recurring BV since my early 20's. I'm now in my 40's. While the BV has been ever present over the last 20 years, it has never caused severe stomach pain until recently. In the past I've taken antibiotics which has resolved the symptoms, albeit temporarily. Symptoms usually returned after an antibiotic course within 2 months. My most recent experience with BV caused severe stomach pain, cramping, and constipation. The BV triggered Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) symtoms. After a trip to the doctor, and several tests to rule out other disorders, the doctor concluded the same -- that BV had triggered IBS-like symtoms. I was given Flagyl which helped to relieve symptoms, including the stomach pain and constipation, and recovered two weeks later. However, much to my dismay, the BV returned during the third week of my recovery and the symptoms, to include stomach pain, began to return. I've held it in check and have overcome the symptoms using probiotics and this approach has been more effective for me than antibiotic treatment. ...

I was told a few years ago that I have IBS too. Irritable Bowel Syndrome. But I don't think the IBS was caused by BV, but the other way around (Lori mentioned this as well). I think IBS can give you BV. However, for some reason, when I got my BV, I had a flare-up of IBS! Cramping, bloated belly; I can't explain it. Or maybe my IBS got worse because of the antibiotic that I took. The die-off of any microbes in your intestines would give you gas.

I would be curious to know how many of us here have digestive issues? I know a few do. With IBS, your intestines get thinner, and more porous, so particles of undigested food can be pushed through the intestinal lining undigested. These particles now have a higher chance of getting into your bloodstream. Causing problems like food allergies/food intolerance, sinusitis, general malaise, etc. But if food particles can be pushed through the porous lining into the bloodstream - then I wouldn't be surprised if bacteria can as well.

Well, whether or not you have IBS or some other digestive issue, keeping your intestines healthy is very important while you have a Bacterial Vaginosis infection. I bought something at the healthfood store called L-Glutamine. The salesman there called it 'gut glue', and told me that I should be taking it if I have IBS. It's a protein amino acid. It repairs your intestines. If you have Bacterial Vaginosis because of adrenal exhaustion or some other hormonal imbalance, then you can benefit from L-glutamine as well. Because hormone imbalance causes the vaginal lining and intestinal linings to become thin and less moist. Which can lead to both BV or IBS. What I do first thing in the morning now, even before I have my probiotics, is take one level teaspoon of L-glutamine added to some water (4 oz of purified water approximately), put the cap on the bottle, and shake up well to disolve. (I use an empty plastic drink bottle.) Then drink it right away. I do this on an empty stomach. Then within the next ten minutes or so, I do my probiotic mixture with distilled water and drink that right away. Whenever you do this, it should be one hour before a meal or an hour and a half after a meal. Just so the suppliments have a chance to get into your intestines unimpeded. I have been taking for the past two weeks, and I notice that I'm not as bloated as I was before. It seems to be working for me so far.

[ http://www.vegatest.info/irritable_bowel_syndrome.html ]
[ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glutamine ]

+Quote Post
jenniferg
post May 24 2007, 12:27 PM
Post #3438

BUSTie

QUOTE(Morphia @ May 23 2007, 04:03 PM) *
Jennifer, I'm sorry I can't remember if you already said this. But do you smoke? Just curious. I quit when I was treating my yeast before I knew I had bv. But I started back up when I started treating the bv. I'm hoping that with the 14 days of flagyl minus the smoking I can get rid of this stuff.

I'm pretty sure I've got an infection brewing in there. Not only do I have that watery, brown discharge, but I have a thick discharge that's yellow with a slight cast of green. My pain is getting worse. Hopefully I don't have to go to the emergency room. My appointment is at 9:30 tomorrow morning. I should be able to make it until then.

No I don't smoke. That kind of discharge does sound like an infection. Keep me updated on the results. I have never had anything like that after a colpo.

+Quote Post
mfc10
post May 24 2007, 11:29 AM
Post #3439

BUSTie

QUOTE(anitsirhc @ May 24 2007, 10:15 AM) *
hey ladies. we're almost at 2,000 replies on here! haha... anyway, i've been using the yeast arrest for 3 days now and i am starting to get vaginal dryness. and it kinda itches sometimes too. not enough to make me stop using it though. mfc10 suggested estrogen cream for that so i think i will buy some. do you need a prescription for that? and where can you get it???

My estrogen cream was prescription: Estrace (estradiol). But I know there are some non-prescription estrogens based on estriol out there.

Blessings,
Maggie C.

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post May 24 2007, 07:58 AM
Post #3440

Hardcore BUSTie

hey ladies. we're almost at 2,000 replies on here! haha... anyway, i've been using the yeast arrest for 3 days now and i am starting to get vaginal dryness. and it kinda itches sometimes too. not enough to make me stop using it though. mfc10 suggested estrogen cream for that so i think i will buy some. do you need a prescription for that? and where can you get it???

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 170 171 172 173 174 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 22, 2014 - 04:19 AM