The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

38 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> large breast support group (cuz we actually need it!)
Persiflager
post Jun 30 2009, 07:44 AM
Post #121

Hardcore BUSTie

Bravissimo does swimwear with a 28 back from D to GG.

--------------------
“Logic is the art of going wrong with confidence.”
Morris Kline (mathematician, author) 1908-1992
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
begin-to-hope
post Jun 30 2009, 07:07 AM
Post #122

I'm off on holiday with friends in a couple of weeks, and so it looks like we'll be going to the beach. When I think about this I actually feel scared, which then makes me feel ridiculous! I haven't been in a swimsuit of bikini since I was 15, and I had that many leers and strange looks that I promptly put a vest top on and just read a book instead of getting in the water! I'm a 28FF but I think I need measuring again, as I think I've grown again. sad.gif

I was just wondering if anyone knew of any websites that do swimwear for larger cups and small backs?

I wish I would have thought about the beach factor when I agreed to go on this holiday, I would have just stayed home! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
ananke
post Jun 28 2009, 04:13 PM
Post #123

Hardcore BUSTie

There is ONE nursing bra in Australia that fits me - and it doesn't even fit me well. And because Panache don't do softcup/nursing, I had to go with other brands which means going up a couple of cup sizes. So i'm he proud owner of a 38L cup nursing bra that I need to take in around the ribs but it's the only thing that has even come close to containing the milkmakers.

Nursing while endowed is insane - there is no discreet way of doing it. You can't get the boob out with one hand. NerdBaby gets smothered if I don't position her right (which is hard when she's flailing like a mad flaily thing and my boob is flobbering all over the place). You need multiple pillows to prop everything up.And all of the well meaning advice just doesn't fucking work when your boob is twice the size of your baby's head and your nipple is the size of a pea. And you aren't even guaranteed a good fucking supply for all that.

Sorry, just had to get that out.

+Quote Post
freckleface7
post Jun 28 2009, 01:12 PM
Post #124

beachcomber

today I had to try on my last bought bathing suit from.. 2 years ago I think it was bc we're going on vacation pretty soon.
I went in to seek frecklette's opinion: " ... Mom... your breasts are... um,, Big."
then I went downstairs to the mr : " Honey! your tits are H U G E !!!! "

duh. (such is the difference in eloquence between frecklette and her father. le sigh)
the suit isn't particualrly revealing in design (it's a scoop necked tankini w/shelf bra) but when you are endowed & in a bathing suit it's how it goes. I'm wondering though if I shouldn't maybe wear a wifebeater t over the top?
personally I feel pretty comfortable with it as is, I guess bc I'm ok w/ my breasts being as they are, but I also don't want to get gawked at either. I'd guestimate being somewhere around a 42 C or D right now.

bc we have large chests, does that - as hcbeck's article implies- mean we ought to cover ourselves up least we make others have uncomfortable thoughts?

just a thought ~

--------------------
I'm gonna let it shine

+Quote Post
hellotampon
post Jun 27 2009, 10:01 PM
Post #125

Hardcore BUSTie

I thought that article was kinda condescending.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jun 26 2009, 03:28 AM
Post #126

Big Fat Bitch

It's funny, I walked out of my hotel a few weeks ago, was looking at my dayplanner, looked up, & there was some bony messenger fool on his bike staring happily at my boobs. He wasn't gross or creepy, just happy to be alive & to get a good look at my cleavage. I made his summer's day.

Look, learning that diff manufacturers have diff guidelines on sizing is no big whoop for me. I figured that out long ago. I know my measurements. My cage is pretty normal, but my breast beef is significant. It is def more than a handful. Even a BIG MAN'S handful.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
Persiflager
post Jun 25 2009, 12:27 PM
Post #127

Hardcore BUSTie

Word! I wear a 30F, but I'm really not massive. I think in 'handful' terms I'm about equivalent to a 34 DD or 36C.

--------------------
“Logic is the art of going wrong with confidence.”
Morris Kline (mathematician, author) 1908-1992

+Quote Post
hcbeck
post Jun 24 2009, 07:14 AM
Post #128

BUSTie

http://theprettyyear.com/2009/06/24/size-c...bout-bra-sizes/

Here's a quote
Lots and lots and lots of women wear a cup size over DD (often paired with a band size below 36), but when we think about the prospect of wearing, say, a 32F/FF/G (*raises hand*), we balk. Because the Definition of Bra Sizes in our heads goes something like this:

A Adolescent
B Bare Minimum
C Common Enough
D Dramatic
DD Downright Dirty
E Enormous
F Freakish
G Grotesque
H Hideous
Yes, boobs bigger than a C or D cup are supposed to be ginormous not to mention sluttastic.

Thanks to Paul Taylor for this one.

+Quote Post
ketto
post Jun 22 2009, 11:36 AM
Post #129

Hardcore BUSTie

Weird, that does sound similar, right down to the same size. tongue.gif I hate when someone cat calls you and all you can do is spend the next 10 minutes thinking of all the great comebacks you SHOULDA said.

A lady at my lingerie shop told me that sometimes you'll see a brand that makes a bra in both DD's and E's. She said when that happens the E is technically a little bit of a wider cup. Most of the time she said they're marked as the same though.

I think all the bras I have say "32DD/E" or "32DD". I always say 32E because I hate saying "Double D".

--------------------
Meow.

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Jun 21 2009, 12:39 PM
Post #130

brown delicious

QUOTE(hellotampon @ Jun 21 2009, 09:41 AM) *
Anyway, is an E the same thing as a DD, or is it one size bigger than a DDD?

An E cup is the equivalent of a DD. E/DD is a cup smaller than a DDD. I wear a F cup and buy DDD size for bras sold at department stores. Figleaves has a good sizing chart for bras.

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post
hellotampon
post Jun 21 2009, 09:41 AM
Post #131

Hardcore BUSTie

Wow Ketto, that's me! I didn't get my period till I was almost 14 and I had the same growth pattern (if that's what you would call it) as you did. I grew up thinking I was going to be an A-cup because my mother always told me I probably would since I'm built like my grandmother everywhere else. I was kind of upset by my tiny boobs at first until I discovered padded bras. And then they just kept getting bigger and bigger. I wish they'd stopped at a C but I've been a 32DD.

I can't stand it when men say things like, "It's your fault you were harassed because of what you wore." Um, actually, it's THEIR fault for opening their mouth in the first place.

Anyway, is an E the same thing as a DD, or is it one size bigger than a DDD?

+Quote Post
ketto
post Jun 15 2009, 12:46 PM
Post #132

Hardcore BUSTie

I was a late bloomer too. I think that's one of the reasons I've always had a pretty good relationship with my body. I didn't get my period till 13, and I started wearing an A cup in grade 9, then a B in grade 10, C in Grade 11, and it wasn't until I was almost 17 and leaving high school that I was a 32E. A girl in my grade 12 class had already very openly undergone a reduction so by that time most of the guys were actually not too bad.

The first time I got sized properly I was 18 and walked into a top end lingerie store. I had been wearing a 36D and the women sort of laughed and told me I was a 32E. I called my mom in tears from the mall. I was ashamed and embarrassed, but after I actually bought a few of their bras and saw how natural I looked and how comfortable they felt I got over it pretty quick. I'm still pissed about the way I was treated at the store though. I was obviously young and uncomfortable and I felt like I could have used a lot more support emotionally.

I wore my awesome Freya bikini top under my tank top yesterday. It gives me a lot more lift than a regular bra. It's been a loooooooooong time since I had that many people leering down my shirt. I forgot how unsettling that can be. Last week paperboy and I were at the park and an older guy drinking beer on a bench whistled at me and said "Ouch!" or something stupid like that. Paperboy made a couple of jokes, but then I told him how unsafe and vulnerable those kind of comments make me feel, especially when other people aren't really around. It scares me, and when it's someone who looks so creepy I start going through all these terrifying scenario's. A couple of years ago I was wearing a tank top and leaving a bar and a guy said something about how "sexy" i looked. I turned around, gave him the finger and yelled "fuck you". He told me I can't except to wear something like that and not have men comment, then he called me a bitch. Really? I can't go out in a tank top without feeling victimized? Fuck you buddy.

Paperboy said he saw some guys catcall girls at a beach on the weekend and he couldn't stop thinking about what I said. Sobering for him, but I'm glad it stuck with him (not that he's the catcalling type).

--------------------
Meow.

+Quote Post
angie_21
post Jun 10 2009, 09:19 AM
Post #133

Hardcore BUSTie

Hi guys, I am crashing your thread from over at the "small girls" group, just to say how interesting it is to read everyone's stories that have been posted recently. Even though the clothing problems are different, it's almost like the social weirdness about boobs is similar no matter what size you are. Like AP said, it's some extra fatty tissue that people are for some reason obsessed with. Some of us have more of it than others. Big whoop. How weird that people feel they have the right to comment on our chest size. I've had people say right to my face, well, you're flat so you wouldn't understand (insert annoying thing about bras/breasts here). Or guys talking right in front of me about how they wouldn't date a girl with small boobs. What?

I also have to laugh when someone wrote, why do they even make a DDD, why isn't it just an E? I've always wondered about the existence of the AA (my size, smaller than an A). It's like this mystery size that supposedly exists, but is never in any lingere stores. Why didn't they just make smaller sizes to begin with? What did all these AA and E+ sized women do before they started making underwear for everyone, not just the "average" sizes?

As interesting as is has been to read your stories, I want to say I feel for you guys, because not only do you have the social side of things to deal with, but a lot more physical annoyances as well. 100% agreement with everything prophecy grrl said. As always, it's people who are the problem. I'm happy to hear that, just like over on the small busties thread, a lot of us have learned to love our bodies for what they are, once we've gotten past the annoying teenage stage where boys are obsessed with boobies and girls are mean to eachother.

+Quote Post
MsKissyStarfish
post Jun 10 2009, 03:31 AM
Post #134

BUSTie

This thread is really delving into some good questions, things to consider, and a little humor by Aural which was perfect... "My thighs, however, can go straight to hell. >:)"
I was different in that I was a late bloomer. I was abused as a very young girl, and was labeled with "failure to thrive" early on. The doctors never thought I would make 5ft tall and I'm 5'7" now. Didn't get my period until age 13 and my breasts developed over night at 14 years from a-ish to a c-cup then quickly through to double d. I was unprepared for the reaction to them and also for the pain of such fast growth. I hid in only black clothing like men's t-shirts which made me look big all over and helped not at all. The teen years were hard with big boobs because of the way people acted around them. I always was surprised by that.

After high school though it ceased to be a worry, if someone stared only at my chest I just passed them by and tried not to interact with people who could not see beyond bra size. As I get older though I care less about what people think. I wear good bras, fitted clothing, and am pretty comfortable with my body. I also sleep mainly on my tummy habit from childhood.

I have an 8 year old daughter and we are very open about body image, confidence, and how the media portrays girls and women. She does see how hard it to buy a new bra at the store when you are not average size but that they can be found just take a little more work.
Thank you for the recommendation for Freya! My bustier for my wedding was made by that company- and it fit very well! smile.gif

--------------------
"What's past is prologue."
~William Shakespeare

The Tempest

+Quote Post
anna k
post Jun 9 2009, 09:29 PM
Post #135

Hardcore BUSTie

Count me as a third. Hated having big breasts as a teen, and wore shapeless shirts and cardigans and coats. It changed at age 16-17, when I started to gain more confidence, lost some weight, and wore more fitted shirts, and started to like my breasts. I like them even more now, though sometimes feel embarassed by wearing a triple-D bra size.

I used to have more grooves in my shoulders from my straps, but since having lost weight, it's non-existent, and I've even lost a little fat in my breasts, which feels better.

Aural, I sleep on my stomach too. It just feels nicer. But I've been sleeping on my back more due to some neck tension, and wanting to stretch it upwards to relax it.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jun 9 2009, 05:37 PM
Post #136

Big Fat Bitch

Like Star, I wasn't crazy about my boobs from about age eleven into my early twenties. I wore lots of shapless tops to try & dimish my appearance. Then it was like, fuck it. People are going to stare anyhow, I might as well use 'em to my advantage. And that's what I did/do.

Mostly I just think it's funny when people's eyes pop or they stare. It takes something really egregious for me to get upset about them. Like you have to cop a feel to get me to react (react = punch in the throat). The guys that try to make me feel dirty or gross (I once had a guy make suckling noises/faces after commenting upon my "juggs"), I ignore because they're getting off not on my boobs, they're getting off on trying to humiliate me. Which is sad, really. They're projecting their hurt at their own insecurities on me to feel better about themselves. So fuck 'em. They're *my* bodacious tatas & I refuse to feel diminished over them.

As far as physical problems associated, yeah, we have to work a little harder than those of smaller busts. Getting properly fitted helps with a lot of the neck/back/shoulder drama. I wore two jogbras until I bought a really good one from a rec on here. It is a pain in the ass to carry some shit in front of me, I carry that stuff on my head more often than not. Because I do sleep on my stomach (I know, I know, it's bad for my back.), I do have to get properly arranged before I can settle in, but I do. I'm trying to be body positive about the things I cannot change. I like me. My boobs are always gonna be big, but they are a part of me, so I can't hate them.

My thighs, however, can go straight to hell. >:)

And I don't like the "breast are such a burden" victim mentality portrayed in those shows. I am not a victim because genetics gave me big breasts. Do I have cancer? Do I have MS? Do I have any number of horrible possible illnesses that could kill me? No, I have some extra fatty tissue that some people are ridiculously obsessed with.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
p_176
post Jun 9 2009, 02:39 PM
Post #137

Hardcore BUSTie

oh i did not realize it was meant as more satirical than serious.

prophecy brings up good questions - would these women still be treated poorly by others if they did not have big breasts? does no one despise their breasts for being big even if others think they are acceptable and attractive?

in my opinion, there is no way to avoid being judged by your body. HT, i hear you on how being blatantly stared at sucks. IMO, it's not just men, it's men and women, gay and straight.

i know it's not a popular opinion on this thread, but i do think having large breasts is awful. i deal with it, and i'm as confident as i can be, since they're there, but a main reason i'm trying to lose as much weight as i can is so my breasts will become smaller. but, it's hard for me to exercise, carry things, sleep on my stomach etc, because they are in the way. when they're smaller it won't be as much as a problem.

+Quote Post
prophecy_grrl
post Jun 9 2009, 12:26 PM
Post #138

Hardcore BUSTie

right. I've seen a few of these media "exposes" about what it's like to "live with" big boobs recently, and they all seem to have this victimization bent to them - like the women are being victimized by their boobs and not by the people who treat them shitty because of their breast size. I dunno if that makes sense, but it's like we're made to empathize with how *awful* it is to have large breasts and to feel like it's something you would never want to endure, etc. I know some women have real health problems as a result of large breasts, but for the most part the emotional issues stem not from the breasts themselves, but from the way our culture views breasts and women's bodies as a whole.

I also thought Ebony's story was the most powerful. I was an early bloomer and got a lot of inappropriate attention from boys in late grammar school/jr high - bra snapping, groping, being called easy or slut by the girls (yeah, at 12 and 13 I was just giving it up to everyone). It didn't make me feel good about my body and I certainly didn't find the attention flattering. I have definitely become more comfortable with my body in general as I've gotten older - though, I'm way more obsessed with my body hair these days than the size of my boobs, tongue.gif I think in order to do that, you have to step outside yourself a little and realize that so much of how others see you has little to do with anything you can change or control. That shit is on them. Plus, being confident and secure in yourself is 90% of what makes you attractive to others, IMO.

I think it's important to share those type of stories like Ebony's, especially when her ultimate goal was body acceptance. I guess I think these programs should be tempered by more cultural analysis and less "wow, having big boobs sucks."

+Quote Post
hellotampon
post Jun 9 2009, 12:20 PM
Post #139

Hardcore BUSTie

I was bitching about rude men and how in their minds it's totally acceptable to stare at big boobs in a blatantly obvious way whenever they want, but never mind.

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Jun 9 2009, 10:36 AM
Post #140

brown delicious

p 176, prophecy wasn't saying that the article implimed the women wished they did not have breasts. She was expressing her feelings of having no breasts in order to be treated equally.

QUOTE(prophecy_grrl @ Jun 8 2009, 03:31 PM) *
There are legitimate health related complaints, but I feel like so much is tied to misogyny and distrust of women's bodies - like we're victims of our own femininity - wouldn't it be better to not have boobs at all, then men wouldn't objectify you!

Prophecy, I like your comment about victimizatin of femininity. I developed at a young age and got gawked at alot by older men. I felt ashamed of my breasts growing up. I really resented being judged or objectified by my body. I dressed very androgynous to deal with my body in my late teens and early 20s. I always, and still do, want to be judged on the merit of my mind than body.

Funny that you posted that Jezebel article. I was just going to come in to post about the True Life epi after watching it this morning. I really liked the segment about Ebony. She was trying to learn to accept her body and herself.

ETA: It seems like there are more UK labels for big breasted women than American counterparts. What does that say about the US?

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post

38 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 30, 2014 - 11:37 AM