271 Pages V  « < 65 66 67 68 69 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
sassy
post Aug 27 2008, 08:12 AM
Post #1321

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(sooo sad @ Aug 26 2008, 07:19 PM) *
thanks hon.....how do i get her email? i really want to ask her. thanks again for your help.

sooo sad

If you go to the "Our Bodies, Our Hells" section so that you can see all the threads, it tells you who started each thread. The person who started this thread is called shenique or something like that. Just click on her name and message her through bust and it sends it to her e-mail, unless she has changed it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sassy
post Aug 27 2008, 08:10 AM
Post #1322

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(DiceKitten @ Aug 27 2008, 01:16 AM) *
My vaginoses is reaccuring since I gave birth in June of 2007 and I am pissed off cause it wont go away. So I came to chicago to find a better dr, one better than the doc's from back home in Oklahoma
Fagyl is not working on me right now. Im freakin pissed
I heard ya need to do a metrogel & flaygl?

then I heard of a drug called Tindamax [oral] tinidazole it is said to cure the problem in one dose
I see my doc on tuesday.
http://www.vaginosis.com/#9

I used Tindamax several years ago and it didn't do anything. It helped even less than the Flagyl. A couple of other girls tried it back then and I don't think it worked for anyone.

+Quote Post
lori
post Aug 27 2008, 02:19 AM
Post #1323

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(dani1983 @ Aug 26 2008, 05:38 PM) *
Well it took me a day on Flagyl to make all the symptoms disappear. I only had the yellowish discharge and the weird smell (not nasty smell, but it was weird). Just DON'T drink alcohol when you are with them, I got the worst cramps EVER.
I have to go to the gyno to pick up my second dose of flagyl, and I just got a bottle of Fem-D from whole food! busties, cross your fingers for me!! should i start taking them today or wait till I get the pills?

You should start taking the Fem-D right away, don't wait to pick up the flagyl. Take at least 2/day.

My fingers are crossed for you. Good luck!

QUOTE(sassy @ Aug 26 2008, 06:04 AM) *
You guys talking about pregnancy might want to read this: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26396375/

Scary.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post Aug 26 2008, 10:19 PM
Post #1324

Hardcore BUSTie

ladies

can anyone help or guide me with making my own boric acid capsules? i bought some boric acid at the pharmacy but when i got home i realized that it was boric acid "powder".....is that the same thing? do i fill a 00 capsule all the way? thanks in advance

sooo sad

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post Aug 26 2008, 10:16 PM
Post #1325

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(damselindistress @ Aug 26 2008, 03:44 PM) *
Hello? Hello? Can you guys see me here? Yoo hoo! Damsel in distress! Damsel in distress!

Somebody's gotta know the answer to my question. I know ya'all have used Flagyl! When will this s^*# get better??

hi hon......i don't know the answer to your question because whenever i took that orally or vaginally it never helped and i did it with femd everytime. i feel you.....i hate this shit too. right now my bv is full blown and i'm sooo stressed and crying my eyeballs out because i can't be a normal women with a normal sex life that doesn't have to think about her stinky damn vagina with goop coming out of it.....what the fuck!?!?!

+Quote Post
neverending
post Aug 26 2008, 10:05 PM
Post #1326

Hardcore BUSTie

Wow, so many new ladies here! I like to see newcomers but it sucks at the same time because I realize this is becoming such a widespread problem. I finally figured out my problem was horomonal imbalance. Anyway, work on the body as a whole. This should help you all. Last year I had maybe 3 episodes, this year i've only had one. So, my life is finally back on track. I will say, get rid of anything or anyone that causes stress in your life. If you have people in your life that can't be understanding, loving, or caring... GET RID OF THEM. You can't afford the stress. Tell them to take their low self esteem ass somewhere else cause you don't need them. Try to keep the ph of the body alkaline. Get adequate sleep and remember NO STRESS! Stress lowers the immune system. Anyway, i have homework i need to do so you ladies have a wonderful night.
peace!

+Quote Post
DiceKitten
post Aug 26 2008, 08:16 PM
Post #1327

QUOTE(damselindistress @ Aug 26 2008, 02:44 PM) *
Somebody's gotta know the answer to my question. I know ya'all have used Flagyl! When will this s^*# get better??

My vaginoses is reaccuring since I gave birth in June of 2007 and I am pissed off cause it wont go away. So I came to chicago to find a better dr, one better than the doc's from back home in Oklahoma
Fagyl is not working on me right now. Im freakin pissed
I heard ya need to do a metrogel & flaygl?

then I heard of a drug called Tindamax [oral] tinidazole it is said to cure the problem in one dose
I see my doc on tuesday.
http://www.vaginosis.com/#9

--------------------
I MET MR. RIGHT BUT I GAVE HIM THE WRONG FINGER!

+Quote Post
dani1983
post Aug 26 2008, 07:38 PM
Post #1328

BUSTie

QUOTE(damselindistress @ Aug 26 2008, 03:44 PM) *
Hello? Hello? Can you guys see me here? Yoo hoo! Damsel in distress! Damsel in distress!

Well it took me a day on Flagyl to make all the symptoms disappear. I only had the yellowish discharge and the weird smell (not nasty smell, but it was weird). Just DON'T drink alcohol when you are with them, I got the worst cramps EVER.
I have to go to the gyno to pick up my second dose of flagyl, and I just got a bottle of Fem-D from whole food! busties, cross your fingers for me!! should i start taking them today or wait till I get the pills?

+Quote Post
damselindistress
post Aug 26 2008, 02:44 PM
Post #1329

BUSTie

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post Aug 26 2008, 02:19 PM
Post #1330

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(sassy @ Aug 26 2008, 02:19 PM) *
Sooo Sad: I don't know what else she used it with. I e-mailed her probably a year ago and I just remember her saying that the aci-gel was what really helped her get over the BV. You might want to try to e-mail her?? I think she did mention something about changing her detergent and just trying to not get so stressed out about her vagina.

thanks hon.....how do i get her email? i really want to ask her. thanks again for your help.

sooo sad

+Quote Post
sassy
post Aug 26 2008, 01:19 PM
Post #1331

Hardcore BUSTie

Sooo Sad: I don't know what else she used it with. I e-mailed her probably a year ago and I just remember her saying that the aci-gel was what really helped her get over the BV. You might want to try to e-mail her?? I think she did mention something about changing her detergent and just trying to not get so stressed out about her vagina.

+Quote Post
damselindistress
post Aug 26 2008, 12:56 PM
Post #1332

BUSTie

mad.gif I'm gonna scream. So, let's see, I went to the doc 'cause I was itchy on the outside, no discharge problem. The only thing she finds is a little bit of a group B in my urine and vagina. She puts me on amoxicillin. A few days later, I have sex, get really irritated and itchy after, so I try out my new aci-gel, all the while popping probiotics faithfully. Good Lord, girls, what a mess I have in my pants. This is the first time I've ever had a full-blown BV infection. I can't stand to sit still, I'm sticky and my whole underside looks like a baby with diaper rash, itches and burns. Shoo-wee. I had enough Metro for another go-round, so I am trying that again. I used it last night and today things are no better. I know you're supposed to use it vaginally for like 5 days, but how soon does it usually start to work? I NEED RELIEF!

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post Aug 26 2008, 11:34 AM
Post #1333

Hardcore BUSTie

quietmadness......if you're still around.....

are you still doing the ba and tto? still working out well? how long did you do the ba and tto combination? i'm trying to keep hope alive....i'm soooo frustrated with my damn vagina.

sooo sad

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post Aug 26 2008, 08:40 AM
Post #1334

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(sassy @ Aug 16 2008, 04:55 AM) *
Just a little side note on the aci-gel/bio-fem. A while back I e-mailed the bustie who began this thread and she is BV free today because she used the aci-gel to keep her BV at bay. I think eventually she found a diet/routine that worked for her so maybe she stopped using the aci-gel, but I do know that is what really helped her. I tried to find it online but they had discontinued it. It's good to know I can order it as bio-fem now. I'm going to check into that right away. Thanks guys!

sassy
hey hon,

do you know how she used it? did she use it in combination with anything else? i can't get rid of this thing at all, i've done 20 days of metrogel with no success. i'm sooooo frustrated!!! some people can do maintanence after they get rid of it so it won't come back, but i can't even get rid of it. don't know what to do now. i been soo upset and crying alll the time, gosh!!!!

sooo sad

+Quote Post
sassy
post Aug 26 2008, 08:04 AM
Post #1335

Hardcore BUSTie

You guys talking about pregnancy might want to read this: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26396375/

+Quote Post
dani1983
post Aug 25 2008, 06:59 PM
Post #1336

BUSTie

(((((kegon)))))
I'm the same as you, I want to have a baby in less than two years! Don't get depressed cause of this! Just be very positive :-)

Ahh...

So here I am, a little over 2 months after I started taking flagyl, and now I got the darn thing back! sassy you were right :-( I think I screwed it up though, since I drank like 3 times during that week I was taking the pills (I don't generally drink this much, but it was my friends' birthdays). Of course I got the worst pain ever in my uterus/stomach area, and I kept having the same pain even after I finished taking flagyl... sad.gif Anyways, during the time I was taking flagyl I got my period...it was a veeery light period, lasted incredibly for 2 weeks, but again it was very light. Haven't got it back since then. Now, I just started getting this yellowish discharge a couple of weeks ago. No smell whatsoever, no pain, no itch, nothing except this annoying discharge, which fortunately comes in less quantities that it used to come before. So I wonder if it's still BV or if its something else? Its yellowish but with no smell whatsoever. Oh and I haven't had sex since last time I went to the gyno, so I'm sure it's not an std. (and now I'm afraid of having sex, since I don't want a weird smell to come out when having sex, and I'm supposed to go see this guy I haven't seen for a year, on this weekend!!! sad.gif sad.gif ). I'm going tomorrow to see if I can get an appt with the gyno or something...hopefully they'll give it to me tomorrow, if not, asap. So I was wondering ladies, 1) do you think is BV again, if not, what else? (not a yeast infection, I haven't gotten anything besides what I told you) and 2) Should I ask for something else instead of flagyl? Do you think I f---ed it up cause I drank during the time I was taking it?

+Quote Post
kegom
post Aug 25 2008, 09:35 AM
Post #1337

BUSTie

Hi Lori and Hopeless425

Hi guys. Lori I am getting depressed now. I would like to have a baby in two years time or so. I would die if I cant fall pregnant.

But for some reason things are on the right track again (heard that before? I know)But Just have to take it a day at a time. Since Last week sunday (Its been 7 days now) I have not had bread, dairy products, or anything sweetened including sugar. So far the last time I fet the smell was on wednesday, there was a bit of a smell but it was so faint, i had to insert my finger to smell it. Also now on different Probiotics. So lets hope for the best. I agree with you Lori, deo's are the short term solution that actually make the situation worse. I was actually watching Halle Berry on Perfect Stranger, when she was due to go out on a date with Bruce Willis and she sprayed between her thighs, I actually cringed and cried out, NOOOO. But I have to say Im so hopeful that this is it for me. Cutting down all those, might work. I know I will crave all thsoe things but ill to see if the experiment works. ill keep you guys posted. Please keep chatting about this. We are going to find the solutions for this and the sue all those doctors,obgyn etc!

+Quote Post
catwalk
post Aug 23 2008, 10:24 PM
Post #1338

BUSTie

So I wanted to check.... it seems like when you get your period everything 'resets' and you have to start all over again?!? That SUCKS! Is there treatments I can do at the same time while wearing a tampon? I can't stand pads (except the panty liners I have to wear everyday anyway) & wasn't sure if I could use my flagystatin while on my period.

I'm already hopeful about the ideas from this thread, and your blog helped, thank you lori!!! biggrin.gif

I've started taking a lot of the vitamins people have suggested (can't hurt right??) and armed myself with a BUNCH of activa yogurt... the pear one is actually good wink.gif

I'm pretty sure my bf's semen throws off my PH, that and/or the spermicide. I don't use BC. I honestly believe it's poison & does more harm than good (since there's non-hormonal options out there in pill form but they aren't in the USA so no one knows about them).

I found some time release VIT C pills, and am looking forward to trying them soon!

HUGE thanks again to all the girls here!!!! cool.gif

--------------------
Thanks everyone on Bust Lounge!!! Fem-D changed my life! BV be gone! Try from Iherb (cheapest) with code LAZ615 & save another $5! :D

+Quote Post
neverending
post Aug 23 2008, 09:31 PM
Post #1339

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(hopeless425 @ Aug 19 2008, 05:22 PM) *
hi kegom

[size="2"][/size]i would get it constantly also, it would go away and come right back, my problem was my boyfriends semen was messing up my ph. as soon as he stopped doing that in me i never got it. once i got a new boyfriend (my one now of 5 months) it never happened. i was on BC and he would do that in me but no BV for months and then i got off BC and BAM! back just like that. idk if it was because of BC, having vag dryness, and a combination of many other things..i just cant pinpoint it but im so upset. i went out and bought FemD bcause so many people were raving about it on here, also folic acid, and the smell seems to be gone, and my discharge is less lotion like and more normal..idk im sure it will come back, i have a dr appoint next monday, but i forgot im suppose to start on saturday. ugh.

HEY,

Just wondering, were you on estrogen lowering birth control? Try the Nuvaring. That's what I'm on and eerything is great and I don't even have side effects.

+Quote Post
greeneyyes
post Aug 23 2008, 07:57 AM
Post #1340

BUSTie

QUOTE(sooo sad @ Aug 19 2008, 12:14 PM) *
greeneyes

hey hon!!!! i was wondering what kind of antibiotics did you use last? metrogel? flagyl oral? i did metrogel for 20days and i thought it would do the trick but when i didn't do the biofem for 1 day, i could feel it coming back. i'm soo disappointed. i've done oral flagyl and it made it go away because the dr did an affirm test on me and it was negative for bv, but i always had a discharge. maybe i need to do oral flagyl?

thanks in advance............. sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

Sood sad
I used docycycline (sp?) twice a day for seven days and I was sick as a dog but I stuck with it. I found that if I go for 3 days I feel it coming back so I use it every couple of days. I am at the point now that if I have to do this for the rest of my life then so be it. I feel so much better just knowing that when I leave the bathroom at work people are not thinking...what just died in here LOL!

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 65 66 67 68 69 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 21, 2014 - 03:31 PM