206 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Celebrity Gossip!
auralpoison
post Oct 18 2009, 06:09 PM
Post #61

Big Fat Bitch

QUOTE(zoya @ Oct 18 2009, 11:58 AM) *
yeah, except for the fact that Stephanie Meyer is a complete hack and I wouldn't be surprised if she took bits from other sources. Enough to claim plagiarism? I doubt it, but her stuff is so uncreatively derivative, I'm sure loads of people can see their stuff in hers.

.....opinionated much, zoya? smile.gif (although I just consider myself a voracious reader who thinks Twighlight SUCKS)

Word. I was given a gift of a fang pendant to commemorate my deep-seated Twi-blight.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
zoya
post Oct 18 2009, 10:58 AM
Post #62

uh huh.

QUOTE(SpiltSugar @ Oct 18 2009, 06:56 AM) *
You know, I heard there were a couple of people that were claiming part of the books, were taken from part of their stories, books, etc. Don't be mad because of someone else's success. Sheesh.

yeah, except for the fact that Stephanie Meyer is a complete hack and I wouldn't be surprised if she took bits from other sources. Enough to claim plagiarism? I doubt it, but her stuff is so uncreatively derivative, I'm sure loads of people can see their stuff in hers.

.....opinionated much, zoya? smile.gif (although I just consider myself a voracious reader who thinks Twighlight SUCKS)

+Quote Post
SpiltSugar
post Oct 18 2009, 08:56 AM
Post #63

QUOTE(auralpoison @ Aug 4 2009, 04:38 PM) *
Some fool is suing Stephanie Meyer claiming that parts of one of the Twilight novels was cribbed from his novel The Nocturnes.

You know, I heard there were a couple of people that were claiming part of the books, were taken from part of their stories, books, etc. Don't be mad because of someone else's success. Sheesh.

--------------------
~* Forgive my lips... they find joy in the most unusual places. *~

+Quote Post
crazyoldcatlady
post Sep 27 2009, 09:33 AM
Post #64

the moistiest

burn baby burn.

i feel bad for the survivor, though:

"Samantha Geimer filed court papers in January saying, 'I am no longer a 13-year-old child. I have dealt with the difficulties of being a victim, have surmounted and surpassed them with one exception.

'Every time this case is brought to the attention of the Court, great focus is made of me, my family, my mother and others. That attention is not pleasant to experience and is not worth maintaining over some irrelevant legal nicety, the continuation of the case.'

Geimer, now 45, married and a mother of three, sued Polanski and received an undisclosed settlement. She long ago came forward and made her identity public -- mainly, she said, because she was disturbed by how the criminal case had been handled.

Following Espinoza's ruling earlier this year, Geimer's lawyer, Larry Silver, said he was disappointed and that Espinoza 'did not get to the merits and consider the clear proof of both judicial and prosecutorial corruption.'"

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Sep 27 2009, 09:14 AM
Post #65

brown delicious

Roman Polaski finally arrested for rape charges in 1978

One of the commenters from the Jezebel article asked if Pulanski didn't already serve his time. Um, no.

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post
lananans
post Sep 20 2009, 09:47 AM
Post #66

Hardcore BUSTie

I think it was all just a big publicity stunt. I really dislike Kanye West.

+Quote Post
crazyoldcatlady
post Sep 15 2009, 04:11 PM
Post #67

the moistiest

so ... anyone hear kanye' crashed taylor swift's acceptance speech? :-D

kanye's rant is going to be the biggest internet meme of all time!

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Sep 13 2009, 06:00 PM
Post #68

There is nothing ironic about Show Choir!

QUOTE(auralpoison @ Sep 13 2009, 06:27 AM) *
Dang, yo. Maura Tierney hasn't beat the breast cancer yet. She's had to drop out of some crappy sounding NBC show for further treatment.

That sucks! In fact, I refuse to accept it. For her performance in NewRadio alone, I will always be her fan. Keep up the fight Maura! You are fantastic!

--------------------
In times of destruction, create something.
MHK

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Sep 13 2009, 06:27 AM
Post #69

Big Fat Bitch

Dang, yo. Maura Tierney hasn't beat the breast cancer yet. She's had to drop out of some crappy sounding NBC show for further treatment.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Aug 7 2009, 04:58 PM
Post #70

Big Fat Bitch

BILLY MAYS WAS ON THE BLOW! IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!

"TMZ says the following drugs were detected in his system: Vicodin, Oxycodone, Xanax, Valium, benzoylecgonine (byproduct of cocaine) and temazepam (anti-anxiety). They also found booze."

Oh, & Bill & Sookie are getting married IRL.

And Penelope Cruz might be Javier Bardem's babymama.

--------------------

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Aug 7 2009, 01:46 PM
Post #71

brown delicious

Eunice Kennedy Shriver in critical condition @ Mass. Hospital. sad.gif

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Aug 5 2009, 12:35 AM
Post #72

new highs in personal lows daily!

meh. there's nothing that could make me side with kate. perhaps i saw the wrong episodes, but she was being kind of a dick. she was brow beating him, and then predicted all this stuff he would say, and was wrong on all counts. she spends all her time jet setting around signing books. no, to me she seems like she's more interested in her 15 minutes of fame than her kids. but they both suck. they are no better than the parents of lindsey lohan, or any other sucky hollywood parent-leech, who uses their kids to live the high life no matter what happens to the kids. they have that whole little estate and all their money because they sold their kids.

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Aug 4 2009, 04:38 PM
Post #73

Big Fat Bitch

Some fool is suing Stephanie Meyer claiming that parts of one of the Twilight novels was cribbed from his novel The Nocturnes.

--------------------

+Quote Post
lananans
post Aug 3 2009, 06:16 PM
Post #74

Hardcore BUSTie

Who knows what goes on behind the scenes with the Gosselins. On a gut level I'm inclined to side with Kate, but I think maybe that's just because she has really good PR people...

+Quote Post
flanker_ji
post Jul 20 2009, 11:40 AM
Post #75

Hardcore BUSTie

Aww, that's a shame about MCA. It's really funny to see them gettin' all middle-aged, but with that spark of youth and excitement coming through. I don't follow them closely, so I've missed much of their aging process.

It's always seemed to me the Gosselins were equally culpable for the steaming pile that their lives are now.

--------------------
"Patience is a virtue, but I don't have the time..."

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Jul 20 2009, 11:39 AM
Post #76

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

QUOTE(auralpoison @ Jul 20 2009, 11:00 AM) *
Wow. So I guess the Beastie Boys will NOT be playing Lollapalooza this year & they are pushing the back the date of their new release. Adam "MCA" Yauch has cancer of the salivary gland & lymph node. It sounds as though his prognosis is good & that he's having surgery next week.

Yauch's Announcement.

Y'know, those Beasties are always causing trouble. I was supposed to see them with Rage Against the Machine back in 2000 and Mike D broke his arm while riding a bike, and they canceled the tour. A few months later, RATM broke up mad.gif

That being said, glad it's probably treatable.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jul 20 2009, 11:00 AM
Post #77

Big Fat Bitch

Wow. So I guess the Beastie Boys will NOT be playing Lollapalooza this year & they are pushing the back the date of their new release. Adam "MCA" Yauch has cancer of the salivary gland & lymph node. It sounds as though his prognosis is good & that he's having surgery next week.

Yauch's Announcement.

--------------------

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jul 20 2009, 04:46 AM
Post #78

Big Fat Bitch

Y'know, I used to feel sorry for Jon Gosselin. Kate seemed like such a harpie. But now I am beginning to think she was just exasperated by his utter douchebaggery & that she treated him like shit because he was shit. He's three years younger than me, but seems to be going through his mid-life crisis now. I realize eight kids can age you, but dude? Diamond studs? All of that FREE Ed Hardy schwag? I mean, I hear he's going into kiddie EH fashion design (I thought he was in IT, but whatevs.), but, um . . . EH is the not-so-new Von Dutch & sucks even harder. I'd rather dress my kids like the Amish than have them sporting Ed Hardy.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jezebel
post Jul 17 2009, 09:00 PM
Post #79

BUSTie

Going back a couple of topics, that MTV Rocky Horror remake sounds like the worst idea ever. Who are they going to get to star, Spencer and Heidi? rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
roseviolet
post Jul 17 2009, 11:29 AM
Post #80

Pacifism kicks ass!

QUOTE(culturehandy @ Jul 17 2009, 10:14 AM) *
Why would it be Morgan freeman's fault that she was hounded by the paparazzi? Shouldn't she be going after the paparazzi themselves?

I know what you mean! It's not as if they'd leave her alone just because he said something publicly. It probably just would have thrown more fuel on the fire. But then again, I've never been hounded by the paps, so what do I know!

+Quote Post

206 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 20, 2014 - 06:05 AM