Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

150 Pages V  « < 147 148 149 150 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The BUST Community Forum
culturehandy
post Apr 29 2006, 09:49 PM
Post #2961

(o)(o)

Just a thought, I know that there is already the write a letter, one you'll never send, but I was thinking that there cold maybe be a postsecret- type thread. You know, one where you tell a secret, someting no matter how petty, but is bothering you....

Oh yah, Light_bright, I like the idea of an embarrasing moments thread too.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Apr 27 2006, 08:03 PM
Post #2962

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

One vote's good enough for me! I just want to get this thing launched!

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Apr 27 2006, 07:42 PM
Post #2963

(o)(o)

Oh Polly I love it! That is a fab title, I say go for it.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Apr 27 2006, 07:40 PM
Post #2964

I was thinking "SCREWED: Uninsured in America, Discussion and Practical Advice"

Too long? I just want to make it clear that it's for political discussion and advice on how to deal with being in the situation. I want to start this tonight, so give me some feedback!

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Apr 27 2006, 02:26 PM
Post #2965

(o)(o)

I like the idea of health care not for all. Or something pointing out the inequalities which exist.

--------------------

+Quote Post
voodoo_princess
post Apr 27 2006, 09:39 AM
Post #2966

Hardcore BUSTie

What's it gonna be called?

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Apr 27 2006, 07:07 AM
Post #2967

I'll start it when after work today!

--------------------

+Quote Post
smurfin
post Apr 27 2006, 03:11 AM
Post #2968

BUSTie

I agree culturehandy, it should go in ATWT. Does anyone mind me lurking there to learn about the American system? The Dutch system is going through a reform which makes it look a lot like yours. I'm scared...

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Apr 26 2006, 07:33 PM
Post #2969

(o)(o)

hmmmm, I think ATWT would be better, this seems to be a little more politically charged in nature, but that's just me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Apr 26 2006, 03:35 PM
Post #2970

Ok, I'll start it- do we want it in ATWT or OBOH?

--------------------

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Apr 26 2006, 02:51 PM
Post #2971

(o)(o)

I think a health insurance thread would be a fabulous one.

--------------------

+Quote Post
voodoo_princess
post Apr 26 2006, 01:03 PM
Post #2972

Hardcore BUSTie

I would be all for the health insurance thread too.... Uninsured here, along with 2 children.... I think the health care / insurance in this country is wretched considering how we always boast to be the best, have the best, blah blah blah.... obviously that DOES NOT include the "best" health care / insurance options!

+Quote Post
altargrrrl
post Apr 26 2006, 11:34 AM
Post #2973

Hardcore BUSTie

i would totally be up for a thread like that. i only have health insurance because my school forces me to. i was uninsured for 2 years before that and the two years before that i only had high deductible catastrophic. my boyfriend was recently turned down for health insurance because he had been treated for depression three years ago. no other health problems. sheesh. you get sick once and you're blacklisted! honestly, if we don't fix our healthcare issues, i think it would eventually lead to the demise of our nation. i don't mean to be overdramatic, but i really think that.

ETA: i also agree that one would get the best response for recommendations about doctors (or hairstylists or jobs or tattoo artists, etc.) in the local threads. i have also gotten such recommendations.

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Apr 26 2006, 07:02 AM
Post #2974

That reminds me of a thread idea I had but kinda forgot about- more of a political thread, one for people struggling without health insurance. I think it could also give practical advice and information on how to deal with the issue. I am so, so fortunate to have health insurance, but right now, my mom doesn't and hasn't for about 5 years. It's really scary. A mammogram shouldn't be what I'm thinking of giving my mom for her birthday, dammit! But it's becoming more of a reality since her sister had a double mastectomy a few years ago.

--------------------

+Quote Post
battygurl
post Apr 26 2006, 01:24 AM
Post #2975

Hardcore BUSTie

It might be easier to just ask in the area-specific thread in Friends and Family. You might get more relevant readers there. That's what I did when I needed a dentist, and I got a reccomendation from chini in the canadian thread.

--------------------
Tears are curious things, for like earthquakes or puppet shows they can occur at any time, without any warning, and without any good reason. --Lemony Snicket

+Quote Post
pepper
post Apr 25 2006, 08:22 PM
Post #2976

our bodies our hells would be a good place for that kind of info i think...

+Quote Post
pinksparkly
post Apr 25 2006, 04:18 PM
Post #2977

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in starting a thread that would give recommendations of healthcare providers that they have seen and had a positive experience with. For example, I have a gynecological issue that I really need to get checked out, but I am reluctant to do so because I have yet to find a doctor that I like/trust in the Minneapolis area. It might be helpful to have a place that we could post things like that. If we already have one somewhere, where is it???
Thanks!

+Quote Post
snafooey
post Apr 25 2006, 02:04 PM
Post #2978

I said a boom chicka rocka chicka rocka chicka boom

Kissmypineapple, I love Veronica Mars and I know of at least two or three other busties who do as well. . .but I can't really comment since I've only the first season as no stations over here have picked up season two yet (and it's not likely they will, since the first time around last spring/summer, the ratings were bad enough that the last few episodes were dumped on Sunday afternoons).

+Quote Post
jemisoutrageous
post Apr 25 2006, 01:45 PM
Post #2979

Hardcore BUSTie

I started the Big Love thread, zillah (I couldn't help doing it when I thought of a name). Don't hate me. Go check it out!

--------------------
Oh, Magoo---you've done it again!

+Quote Post
kissmypineapple
post Apr 24 2006, 06:16 PM
Post #2980

Hardcore BUSTie

Does anyone else love Veronica Mars? I would have to think to other Buffy Busties watch this show...would anyone be interested in a VM thread?

+Quote Post

150 Pages V  « < 147 148 149 150 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 16, 2014 - 09:59 PM