The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 25 26 27 28 29 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
artsylove
post Jan 17 2010, 09:46 PM
Post #521

I like many of BV sufferers have HPV. I have no symptoms other than the bv. I believe some people dont know they have it because sometimes when I get tested it comes back neg but I know I have it. I know my bv and hpv are related, and that once I fix the hpv the bv will probably leave. I am trying a product called beta mannan said to cure hpv. Just a suggestion. I just started it so im just letting others know about it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
swt simplicity
post Jan 16 2010, 08:33 AM
Post #522

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Happynow @ Jan 13 2010, 08:09 PM) *
Ok ladies this is what i found, all my symptoms.....I started the cure on Sunday and the smell is gone ohmy.gif I am going to keep it going for two weeks but I just wanted to let you guys know...it might help someone...
Check it out :

http://www.ehow.com/how_2190140_treat-leuc...l-medicine.html

http://www.healthnlifestylemagazine.com/20...hoea-treatment/
Oh, I didnt order the waterworks cool.gif

I'm interested in the herbal aspects of this remedy. Be careful to be douching every other day .... douching just spells out disaster. The thought of you douching for two weeks is very concerning. Maybe you could try herbal suppositories instead. There are products that are herbal suppositories that have worked for many women. You could even compound herbs into a gelatin capsule.
Have you tried boric acid suppositories?

--------------------
You can save $10 on your first purchase at iHerb if you use my referral code LUN601. Great selection of feminine hygiene products, candida/fungal/yeast products, and probiotics.

+Quote Post
Happynow
post Jan 13 2010, 08:09 PM
Post #523

BUSTie

Ok ladies this is what i found, all my symptoms.....I started the cure on Sunday and the smell is gone ohmy.gif I am going to keep it going for two weeks but I just wanted to let you guys know...it might help someone...

Check it out :

http://www.ehow.com/how_2190140_treat-leuc...l-medicine.html

http://www.healthnlifestylemagazine.com/20...hoea-treatment/

Oh, I didnt order the waterworks cool.gif

+Quote Post
Happynow
post Jan 9 2010, 05:12 PM
Post #524

BUSTie

QUOTE(swt simplicity @ Jan 9 2010, 10:54 AM) *
I blogged about this product a while ago. If it's only using tap water, then it's base, so I think that would still change the vaginal pH because water is neutral (base) and the vaginal canal should be acidic. It's pretty interesting since a gynecologist, Dr. Lisa Masterson (OB/GYN) is advocating waterworks. But I don't think it would do anything for an active infection since it wouldn't be treating the infection. I'm really interested to see if it works long term for you. It's safe to say that waterworks probably isn't a scam. I still don't like the sounds of it though. It's still rinsing out the vaginal flora ... hmmm mellow.gif
I pray for everyone suffering from bacterial vaginosis at church every Saturday, so they will find the light at the end of the tunnel and not give up or give in to bacterial vaginosis. I wish every night that all the women on this forum suffering from bv will find relief. And I'm so happy to hear your not giving up either. biggrin.gif
Thanks for prayers...

l

+Quote Post
swt simplicity
post Jan 9 2010, 10:54 AM
Post #525

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Happynow @ Jan 8 2010, 12:49 PM) *
From their site:

What is vaginal pH balance and why is it important?
pH is a measure of how acidic or alkaline a substance is. A normal vaginal pH of 3.8 to 4.2 (acidic) is important for maintaining good vaginal health. At this optimum pH level, your vagina contains a specific balance of necessary bacteria and some yeast cells. When the pH balance is upset, the level of good bacteria gets too low and the level of bad bacteria gets too high. This can result in vaginal odor and infections. Because WaterWorks uses only tap water, it wonít disturb your natural pH balance.
Why is WaterWorks better, safer and more effective than other treatments of vaginal odor?
WaterWorks is all natural and uses only tap water. The combination of patented stainless steel nozzle and tap water actually reduces or eliminates vaginal odor instead of covering it up with harsh perfumes or chemicals. WaterWorks has been proven safe and effective in several clinical studies.

I don't know if the is a scam or not, but the ladies on Doctors say that this really works, but I will let you know...in a couple of weeks.
Check out the site...

I blogged about this product a while ago. If it's only using tap water, then it's base, so I think that would still change the vaginal pH because water is neutral (base) and the vaginal canal should be acidic. It's pretty interesting since a gynecologist, Dr. Lisa Masterson (OB/GYN) is advocating waterworks. But I don't think it would do anything for an active infection since it wouldn't be treating the infection. I'm really interested to see if it works long term for you. It's safe to say that waterworks probably isn't a scam. I still don't like the sounds of it though. It's still rinsing out the vaginal flora ... hmmm mellow.gif
AS YOU CAN TELL, IAM NOT GIVING UP, AND LADIES YOU SHOULDN'T EITHER...PLEASE DONT STOP POSTING!!!

I pray for everyone suffering from bacterial vaginosis at church every Saturday, so they will find the light at the end of the tunnel and not give up or give in to bacterial vaginosis. I wish every night that all the women on this forum suffering from bv will find relief. And I'm so happy to hear your not giving up either. biggrin.gif

--------------------
You can save $10 on your first purchase at iHerb if you use my referral code LUN601. Great selection of feminine hygiene products, candida/fungal/yeast products, and probiotics.

+Quote Post
Happynow
post Jan 8 2010, 12:49 PM
Post #526

BUSTie

QUOTE(mfc10 @ Jan 7 2010, 03:23 PM) *
Isn't this just another douche? It would still wash out good bacteria along with the bad, wouldn't it?

Maggie C.

From their site:

What is vaginal pH balance and why is it important?
pH is a measure of how acidic or alkaline a substance is. A normal vaginal pH of 3.8 to 4.2 (acidic) is important for maintaining good vaginal health. At this optimum pH level, your vagina contains a specific balance of necessary bacteria and some yeast cells. When the pH balance is upset, the level of good bacteria gets too low and the level of bad bacteria gets too high. This can result in vaginal odor and infections. Because WaterWorks uses only tap water, it wonít disturb your natural pH balance.

Why is WaterWorks better, safer and more effective than other treatments of vaginal odor?
WaterWorks is all natural and uses only tap water. The combination of patented stainless steel nozzle and tap water actually reduces or eliminates vaginal odor instead of covering it up with harsh perfumes or chemicals. WaterWorks has been proven safe and effective in several clinical studies.

I don't know if the is a scam or not, but the ladies on Doctors say that this really works, but I will let you know...in a couple of weeks.

Check out the site...

+Quote Post
mfc10
post Jan 7 2010, 03:23 PM
Post #527

BUSTie

QUOTE(Happynow @ Jan 6 2010, 08:10 PM) *
OK LADIES, i WAS WATCHING THE DR .OZ AND THE SHOW CALLED THE DOCTORS AND THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT WATERWORKS...cHECK OUT THIS SITE...
http://www.waterworkshealth.com/commercial/#
HAS ANYONE HEARD OF THIS? unsure.gif
AS YOU CAN TELL, IAM NOT GIVING UP, AND LADIES YOU SHOULDN'T EITHER...PLEASE DONT STOP POSTING!!!

Isn't this just another douche? It would still wash out good bacteria along with the bad, wouldn't it?

Maggie C.

+Quote Post
Happynow
post Jan 6 2010, 08:10 PM
Post #528

BUSTie

OK LADIES, i WAS WATCHING THE DR .OZ AND THE SHOW CALLED THE DOCTORS AND THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT WATERWORKS...cHECK OUT THIS SITE...

http://www.waterworkshealth.com/commercial/#

HAS ANYONE HEARD OF THIS? unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Happynow
post Jan 6 2010, 08:05 PM
Post #529

BUSTie

QUOTE(Happynow @ Nov 24 2009, 11:43 AM) *
Yes nothing new, but Jeanne is from the clincal trails and Dr. Paul Nyrijesy runs the vaginitis clinic where he is specialized in BV since 2003..I have never heard of a Doctor thats know this much about bv..so I think I will give him a try..Hey I have nothing to lose at this point....

OK, I WENT TO MY APPOINTMENT AND GUESS WHAT, SAME SHIT DIFFERANT DAY,aLL MY TEST CAME BACK NORMAL,YET AGAIN...WELL WHAT THE HELL IS THIS SMELL.... mad.gif

HE SAID SOME WOMEN JUST HAVE A STRONG SMELL AND DISCHARGE AND HE SEES THIS ALL THE TIME blink.gif WAIT SO I DROVE FOR 3 HOURS TO HEAR THIS!! THIS ***** TOLD ME TO SPRAY PERFUME ON MY UNDIES AND TO USE DAIL SOAP mad.gif mad.gif

T I DID ASK IF HE DID FIND BV, WHAT IS THE NEW TREATMENT.....HE SAID, LONGER PIERODS OF METRO GEL, BORID ACID, ETC...JUST LIKE i SAID SAME SHIT DIFFERANT DAY mad.gif mad.gif

SEA STAR YOU WERE RIGHT!! : dry.gif

+Quote Post
swt simplicity
post Jan 3 2010, 08:31 PM
Post #530

Hardcore BUSTie

Everyone's been awfully quiet ... sad.gif

I found something pretty interesting: probiotic tampons. Their originally from Sweden, but their now being launched in China. Contrary to the yogurt on a tampon method, it contains healthy strains of bacteria that are naturally found in the vaginal flora whereas normal acidophilus doesn't colonize the vaginal tract.

Swedish Probiotic Tampon Article - (click here)
Ellen AB Probiotic Tampon Website - (click here)
The website is only in French and Dutch but you can use Google Translator!
(English) Ellen AB Site - (click here)

I'm really critical of products that are aimed toward women that claim to be a cure all for vaginal infections, but this product seems to be legit. I'm going to look into it.

I hope you all had a happy new year!

--------------------

+Quote Post
swt simplicity
post Dec 29 2009, 09:25 AM
Post #531

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(andwhatnot @ Dec 26 2009, 11:32 PM) *
I'm almost afraid to tell this out of fear that It will stop working. Folic Acid and Femdophilis = bye bye nasty smelly coochie. Read my past posts to get my history if ur interested but long story short is I found a webite where all the women were raving about this combination to rid our bodies of the BV monster. five days ago I pushed out a glob like I was in childbirth, today I'm smell free, muscous free, free! I'm ready to cry. 800 -1200 mg of Folic Acid + 2 FemD in the morning and 800 mg +1 FemD at night. check out the site www.earthclinic.com. I'll say no more.

I'm assuming you mean mcg rather than mg because your not supposed to exceed 1,000 mcg of folic acid per day.

--------------------

+Quote Post
swt simplicity
post Dec 29 2009, 09:13 AM
Post #532

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Happynow @ Dec 28 2009, 12:31 PM) *
I have a question, please ladies I need your help.... My doctor is trying to tell me that if I quit smoking the BV will go away..I say Bull -Sh-t but, I have to ask...How many ladies smoke?

There are links between smoking and bacterial vaginosis. If you smoke, your at greater risk of developing bacterial vaginosis and at greater risk of reoccurring infections. I left two links below for quick viewing.

1. http://www.biomedcentral.com/1472-6874/7/20
2. http://ijsa.rsmjournals.com/cgi/content/abstract/11/9/603

My uncle is a chronic smoker and he tried quitting so many times. He started in college, and I kind of believe he doesn't have the will power to quit. He's addicted to smoking, and it doesn't help that he suffers from anxiety. If you quit smoking, it's good to have some kind of support team to guide you along the way.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Happynow
post Dec 28 2009, 02:31 PM
Post #533

BUSTie

QUOTE(sea star @ Dec 28 2009, 12:58 PM) *
I don't smoke and I have never smoked a cigarette in my life and I have BV with odor.My sister doesn't smoke too and she has BV.
But I would say that quiting smoking is a GOOD idea,because the smoking destroies the vitamins.Smoking destroies the vitamin D which is very important,deficiency of D3 is linked to BV.
http://www.helium.com/items/1571536-how-sm...other-nutrients

Thanks for the info...

+Quote Post
sea star
post Dec 28 2009, 12:58 PM
Post #534

BUSTie

QUOTE(Happynow @ Dec 29 2009, 03:01 AM) *
I have a question, please ladies I need your help.... My doctor is trying to tell me that if I quit smoking the BV will go away..I say Bull -Sh-t but, I have to ask...How many ladies smoke?

I don't smoke and I have never smoked a cigarette in my life and I have BV with odor.My sister doesn't smoke too and she has BV.
But I would say that quiting smoking is a GOOD idea,because the smoking destroies the vitamins.Smoking destroies the vitamin D which is very important,deficiency of D3 is linked to BV.
http://www.helium.com/items/1571536-how-sm...other-nutrients

+Quote Post
Happynow
post Dec 28 2009, 12:31 PM
Post #535

BUSTie

+Quote Post
andwhatnot
post Dec 28 2009, 12:30 AM
Post #536

OK so . . . I thought it was safe to try sex again after days of FemD and Folic Acid. While not totally discharge free or odor free it's not as bad as before. After 4 days I can definitely see a difference. I'm going to keep up the maintenance and see what happens.

+Quote Post
andwhatnot
post Dec 26 2009, 11:32 PM
Post #537

I'm almost afraid to tell this out of fear that It will stop working. Folic Acid and Femdophilis = bye bye nasty smelly coochie. Read my past posts to get my history if ur interested but long story short is I found a webite where all the women were raving about this combination to rid our bodies of the BV monster. five days ago I pushed out a glob like I was in childbirth, today I'm smell free, muscous free, free! I'm ready to cry. 800 -1200 mg of Folic Acid + 2 FemD in the morning and 800 mg +1 FemD at night. check out the site www.earthclinic.com. I'll say no more.

+Quote Post
swt simplicity
post Dec 7 2009, 05:06 AM
Post #538

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(yme30 @ Dec 2 2009, 07:43 PM) *
Thatís it I am going to the doctor tomorrow I canít do this on my own. I am going to ask for the latest treatment for chronic BV and something to halt the yeast infection. I have to try a new doctor because my current doctor thinks its all in my head.

I hope I can get in tomorrow or maybe Friday. I will keep you guys updated have a good night.

Do you have bacterial vaginosis and a yeast infection, or do you develop a yeast infection after getting treated for bacterial vaginosis?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Happynow
post Dec 3 2009, 07:43 AM
Post #539

BUSTie

PSA...

Before going to see your OBGYNÖDo not use any vaginal medications, creams or douches for at least week prior to your appointment. This really helps the Doctors find the cause of the problem. JMO

+Quote Post
yme30
post Dec 2 2009, 07:43 PM
Post #540

BUSTie

QUOTE(Happynow @ Dec 2 2009, 12:55 PM) *
Yme be careful of the yogurt, thatís how I got the E COLI. I had no idea you could get Vaginal E coli from yogurt, but my doctor explained it to meÖ blink.gif

Oh yea, I am so surprised that the ACV is working..I am going to buy some more VH essentials today. Hopefully the combo of the two will give me a longer relief!

Good luck!!

Thatís it I am going to the doctor tomorrow I canít do this on my own. I am going to ask for the latest treatment for chronic BV and something to halt the yeast infection. I have to try a new doctor because my current doctor thinks its all in my head.

I hope I can get in tomorrow or maybe Friday. I will keep you guys updated have a good night.

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 25 26 27 28 29 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 24, 2014 - 11:52 PM