Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
neptune
post Feb 16 2009, 12:39 PM
Post #841

BUSTie

QUOTE(Grace08 @ Feb 15 2009, 04:54 PM) *
Hey Neptune-

Just wondered how you're using the Goldenseal, I mean like what's your method?

I'm trying my second round of Balance Activ along with taking a lot of acidophilus pills - there's a definite improvement, but I totally know how you feel when you say you don't want to get excited because it might come back when you stop the course.

But just wondered about the Goldenseal.

Cheers,
Grace.

Glad you're noticing some improvement! I do think Balance Activ is quite a good product, and I keep a supply at home. If I'm ever lucky enough to get laid again it'll be a great thing to use a couple of days before to get rid of the symptoms for a bit!

Well I decided to try Goldenseal as I'd never used it before, but couldn't find it anywhere. Then one day I walked into a health shop and there was one random pot left. It's by Bio-Health and is 125mg capsules of powered root to be taken orally twice a day.

I started a couple of weeks ago and got relief from the onion smell straight away, although the capsules STINK and over the last couple of days my vagina has started to smell like the goldenroot itself, even though I haven't inserted them vaginally (not sure whether people do this or not). I do get some abnormal discharge occasionally, so something is still not quite right, but no onion smell at all since I've been on them.

I'm not sure how long to use the goldenseal for though. I know it can only be used for a matter of weeks, but I keep reading different things. Does anyone know?

I don't know why I've bothered to take it, as like any antibiotic type thing it's a temporary fix. Part of me is secretly hoping it'll be a cure, but I know it won't be!

Are you thinking of trying this Grace? Anyone else used it?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
neptune
post Feb 16 2009, 12:25 PM
Post #842

BUSTie

QUOTE(lori @ Feb 14 2009, 02:04 AM) *
Holy shit. That is terrible.

I'm so sorry you had to go through that. But thanks for sharing. I think it's important for everyone to pursue their medical care vigorously. Get second opinions, and never give up! Here's my blog entry about the topic:

http://allaboutbv.blogspot.com/2008/12/you...ppointment.html

In it, I cite the story of a woman who had ovarian cancer for years, and her doctor kept telling her she had gas. Here's what she said:

"Women need to trust their own bodies. If you're feeling that something is wrong, don't assume anything. Be persistent. And don't wait."

A good reminder for us all.

Thanks for the link Lori. I really felt frustrated when I read about your struggle to get diagnosed. Seeing as bv is supposed to be so common, you'd think doctors would be more educated about it.

Sad we have to fight to be listened to. Being dismissed and misdiagnosed happens such a lot. And it's true, we know our own bodies.

+Quote Post
horror_movie
post Feb 16 2009, 03:32 AM
Post #843

BUSTie

sad.gif I just gotten my period and the smell seem to have got worst(stronger). Im tired of people
looking at me like i'm some dirty girl that don't wash up in that area. i'm tired of all the sound
effects people give me when they walk by. I JUST WANNA BE BV FREE. DO ANYBODY HAVE SUGGESTION
ON WHAT TO USE WHEN YOU HAVE YOUR PERIOD TO ATLEAST CALM THE SMELL DOWN THERE?
THIS BV IS A BITCH SOMETIMES IT SMELL LIKE FISH THEN LIKE A MUSTY ONION TYPE OF SMELL OMG
myself esteem is dead.

+Quote Post
Grace08
post Feb 15 2009, 11:54 AM
Post #844

BUSTie

I randomly tried goldenseal (instead of using the balance activ) which I've never bothered with before, and it's reduced the discharge and taken the onion smell away completely. It's nice while it lasts, but I'm not excited because I know it'll come back as soon as I stop the course.

Hey Neptune-

Just wondered how you're using the Goldenseal, I mean like what's your method?

I'm trying my second round of Balance Activ along with taking a lot of acidophilus pills - there's a definite improvement, but I totally know how you feel when you say you don't want to get excited because it might come back when you stop the course.

But just wondered about the Goldenseal.

Cheers,
Grace.

+Quote Post
lori
post Feb 13 2009, 09:04 PM
Post #845

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(neptune @ Feb 13 2009, 11:34 AM) *
Nik7121, I can understand why you're so irritated. I suffered over a year of severe kidney infections which were treated as UTIs, and my other symptoms such as temperature of 105, constant vomiting, backache and being too dizzy to stand or walk were dismissed as "exam stress." I was almost dead by the time they bothered to scan my kidneys, and I've now got a mass of scar tissue for a kidney, and it's ruined forever. That's the arrogance of some doctors for you.

Sigh. Just my little rant of the day.

Holy shit. That is terrible.

I'm so sorry you had to go through that. But thanks for sharing. I think it's important for everyone to pursue their medical care vigorously. Get second opinions, and never give up! Here's my blog entry about the topic:

http://allaboutbv.blogspot.com/2008/12/you...ppointment.html

In it, I cite the story of a woman who had ovarian cancer for years, and her doctor kept telling her she had gas. Here's what she said:

"Women need to trust their own bodies. If you're feeling that something is wrong, don't assume anything. Be persistent. And don't wait."

A good reminder for us all.

--------------------

+Quote Post
tweety11
post Feb 13 2009, 05:41 PM
Post #846

QUOTE(Grace08 @ Feb 10 2009, 07:39 AM) *
I believe it's a dud product - not that I've tried it, I almost ordered it, but some ladies in here have tried it and it didn't work - and I think the company were pretty reluctant to give refunds as they claim they will on their website.

It seems like a money-spinner, cashing on our vulnerability and desperation to cure BV.

So I wouldn't order a six month supply if I were you. If you live in the US there's a product called Fem Dophilus which appears to be the most effective way of home treating BV. It's a pro biotic and the strains in it are especially good for populating healthy bacteria in your vagina, which is really the aim in getting rid of BV, rather than masking the odour.

There's a lady who posts in here called Lori - take a look at her blog (the link for it can be found at the end of her posts) it's a good guide to home treating methods that have been tried and tested by BV sufferers.

Good luck.

+Quote Post
neptune
post Feb 13 2009, 02:34 PM
Post #847

BUSTie

Nik7121, I can understand why you're so irritated. I suffered over a year of severe kidney infections which were treated as UTIs, and my other symptoms such as temperature of 105, constant vomiting, backache and being too dizzy to stand or walk were dismissed as "exam stress." I was almost dead by the time they bothered to scan my kidneys, and I've now got a mass of scar tissue for a kidney, and it's ruined forever. That's the arrogance of some doctors for you.

Sigh. Just my little rant of the day.

Glad to hear you're feeling almost back to normal! It'll take a little while to pick up because kidney/bladder/ut infections can be quite nasty.

QUOTE(horror_movie @ Feb 13 2009, 05:56 AM) *
I guess i'm the only person that don't have a life bcuz I'm always on the lounge.
WHERE IS EVERYONE? DID EVERYONE GET CURED BUT ME!!!!!!

Nope. Not cured. Still lurking every spare moment wink.gif Actually, saying that, I randomly tried goldenseal (instead of using the balance activ) which I've never bothered with before, and it's reduced the discharge and taken the onion smell away completely. It's nice while it lasts, but I'm not excited because I know it'll come back as soon as I stop the course.

+Quote Post
lori
post Feb 13 2009, 12:21 PM
Post #848

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(horror_movie @ Feb 12 2009, 09:56 PM) *
I guess i'm the only person that don't have a life bcuz I'm always on the lounge.

laugh.gif

Hope things go well with you at the doctor.

--------------------

+Quote Post
horror_movie
post Feb 13 2009, 12:56 AM
Post #849

BUSTie

+Quote Post
horror_movie
post Feb 12 2009, 12:08 PM
Post #850

BUSTie

excuse my typing error im on this website on my phone.

+Quote Post
horror_movie
post Feb 12 2009, 10:22 AM
Post #851

BUSTie

QUOTE(Sweaty in Social Studies @ Feb 11 2009, 03:47 PM) *
Hi Horror!

I have hope that things will get better for you. My subconscious is telling me, “Once her hemorrhoid is healed, her bacterial vaginosis symptoms will be alleviated.” By the way, is your hemorrhoid healing?

I’m glad you’ve started taking the Femdophilus again. When you continue to take it orally, on a regular basis, the bad anaerobic bacteria will eventually be outnumbered. Even taking it once a day will help as to not taking it at all. Your money is better spent on the Femdophilus than any over the counter product that I know of, considering all of the research done on the strains contained in it.

Don’t feel embarrassed to talk to anyone because of the odor. Your amazing personality will shine through and they won’t even care whether you have an odor or not.

Shine on,
Sweaty in Social Studies

The fish return!!! I guess I got too happy. Femdo is a great
Product for anyone who have bv. The smell was gone for
An hour or two then came back. I néed to go to the doctor.
Thank sweaty social studies for he advice. I really appreciate it because it's hard
Trying to someone who thinks you smell perfectly fine and that having
Illusion That people reacting to me.

+Quote Post
Lolasaurus
post Feb 11 2009, 10:46 PM
Post #852

BUSTie

QUOTE(wanabfresh @ Feb 10 2009, 06:37 PM) *
Hey, i was just wondring if ur husband is circumsized because i think that that play a major part n vaginal odor. My bf of 9 years isnt circumsized an i never had this problem until i met him.

I'm sorry to butt in, here, but this is misleading.

Foreskin does not cause BV, and to suggest so is kind of insulting to the millions of perfectly healthy uncut men in this world, not to mention the millions of perfectly healthy women who fuck them. either kind of penis is perfectly fine-- so long as it's kept healthy, clean, and sufficiently lubed.

Wanabfresh, it is possible that your boyfriend introduced you to your symptoms, and I feel your pain/suspicion, there, but it's not fair to accuse the natural state of the penis of causing disease.

...ok, that's all!

/soapbox unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Sweaty in Social Studies
post Feb 11 2009, 03:47 PM
Post #853

QUOTE(horror_movie @ Feb 11 2009, 02:33 PM) *
I FORGOT TO TELL YALL THIS HAPPEN THREE DAYS AGO I AT WORK THE WORST THE DAY EVER THIS IS EHEN I TOOK THE FEMDO FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MONTHS. I WAS WOEKING THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN I FELT HOT HEAT AIR COMING OUT FROM DOWN THERE. IT WAS LIKE CAR THAT BEING RUN TO MUCH THEN THE ENGINE START TO SMOKE. THE WEIRD THING ABOUT IT I WASN'T WORKING HARD. EVERYTIME SOMEONE COME NEAR ME TO TALK TO ME I GO THROUGH AN ANIXETY ATTACK WHICH FEEL LIKE HOT FLASHES. WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?????
I USE ONE FEMDO PILL AND REPHERSH IN VAGINALLY AT THE SAME TIME. ONE FEMDO ORALLY AND TWO VITAMIN C BOOST YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM PILLS GUESS WHAT I DON'T SMELL FISH ANYMORE IF IT IS A FISHY SMELL STILL THEN IT VERY LIGHT

Hi Horror!

I have hope that things will get better for you. My subconscious is telling me, “Once her hemorrhoid is healed, her bacterial vaginosis symptoms will be alleviated.” By the way, is your hemorrhoid healing?

I’m glad you’ve started taking the Femdophilus again. When you continue to take it orally, on a regular basis, the bad anaerobic bacteria will eventually be outnumbered. Even taking it once a day will help as to not taking it at all. Your money is better spent on the Femdophilus than any over the counter product that I know of, considering all of the research done on the strains contained in it.

Don’t feel embarrassed to talk to anyone because of the odor. Your amazing personality will shine through and they won’t even care whether you have an odor or not.

Shine on,
Sweaty in Social Studies

+Quote Post
horror_movie
post Feb 11 2009, 02:34 PM
Post #854

BUSTie

IM GOING TO WORK TODAY IM GOING CHECK ON PEOPLE RESPONSE TO ME LET YALL HOW THAT GOES

+Quote Post
horror_movie
post Feb 11 2009, 02:33 PM
Post #855

BUSTie

I FORGOT TO TELL YALL THIS HAPPEN THREE DAYS AGO I AT WORK THE WORST THE DAY EVER THIS IS EHEN I TOOK THE FEMDO FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MONTHS. I WAS WOEKING THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN I FELT HOT HEAT AIR COMING OUT FROM DOWN THERE. IT WAS LIKE CAR THAT BEING RUN TO MUCH THEN THE ENGINE START TO SMOKE. THE WEIRD THING ABOUT IT I WASN'T WORKING HARD. EVERYTIME SOMEONE COME NEAR ME TO TALK TO ME I GO THROUGH AN ANIXETY ATTACK WHICH FEEL LIKE HOT FLASHES. WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?????
I USE ONE FEMDO PILL AND REPHERSH IN VAGINALLY AT THE SAME TIME. ONE FEMDO ORALLY AND TWO VITAMIN C BOOST YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM PILLS GUESS WHAT I DON'T SMELL FISH ANYMORE IF IT IS A FISHY SMELL STILL THEN IT VERY LIGHT

+Quote Post
horror_movie
post Feb 11 2009, 02:05 PM
Post #856

BUSTie

WHAT I NOTICE ON THIS BLOG MOST OF THE WOMAN ON HERE THAT HAVE BV THEY HAVE SOMETHING ELSE IN THE MIX. IN MY CASE I HAVE BV AND A HEMORRHOID PROBLEM. I DONT KNOW BUT EVERYTIME I PASS GAS OR HAVE TO DO THE NUMBER 2 I FEEL DISCHARGE COMING DOWN IN MY VAGINA OR WHEN I'M HAVING SEX IT FEELS LIKE IM HAVING ANAL SEX WHEN IM NOT. IM THINKING THE WALL WEAKEN IN THAT AREA. I HAVEN'T YET GONE TO THE DOCTOR. BV TURN ME INTO SOME JEALOUS RAGE WANNA BE ALONE FREAK. I HATE TO SEE FEMALES WALK AROUND BV FREE WEARING THEIR TIGHT CLOTHES. I WANNA GO BACK TO NORMAL WHAHHHHH WHAHHHHHH sad.gif I CAN'T BE LIKE THIS ANOTHER SUMMER BCUZ BV AND SUMMERTIME DON'T MIX AT ALL YOUR SMELL WILL BE TEN TIMES HARD. THIS IS AFFECTING MY LIFE IN MANY WAYS!!!! I CAN'T BE HAPPY UNTIL THIS SMELL IS GONE. WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?????

+Quote Post
nik7121
post Feb 11 2009, 12:28 PM
Post #857

BUSTie

QUOTE(Aijarama @ Feb 5 2009, 10:05 AM) *
Hey nik - I've still been playing around with probiotics and folic acid, I guess I can say that things are better but the problem is still there. I also thought that maybe the itching could be due to the hair there (I keep it short, so maybe it irritates the labia). Oddly enough, my last culture came back negative, so maybe the issue just comes and goes. So we'll see. What have you been doing?

Since all of this started I went on a heavy dosage of cleartract (15 pills/day), but they didnt seem to do anything. Im continuing acidophilus, 2 pills a day, those worked a few years ago when I needed them. Im taking some uristat type of antibiotics and bactrim, along with my usual vitamins and birth control. I feel like my stomach is a big sea of liquid and pills sometimes.

All I can say is I am so sick of pills by now, and am FURIOUS at my general prac. doc!! After having BV and a UTI at the same time, I couldnt get immediately in touch w/my gyno so I went to my g.p. He gave me 3 antibiotics, did a urinalysis and pap smear, and sent me on my way. Two weeks later, everything seemed to heal up and be fine. (All the while I've been popping fem-d). All of a sudden, this crazy burning sensation hit me one day and everything flared up within a few hours, along with incredible lower back pain.

I was so freaked out, I went back to my g.p. and he said there was nothing he could do!! He gave me another prescription, but told me to se my gyno, so I made an appmt for the next week. A few days later I saw blood in my urine and moved up my appointment, agreeing to see my gynos partner instead of him.

She gave me a pap and told me to moisturize my vag. That's it. Argh!

The pain didnt subside, it got worse, and I was feeling dizzy and nauseous, and after all the antibiotics I couldnt even tell what it was from. I called him up crying and went back to the office to see him the next day.

End result: He did a pap and a sonagram and a urinalysis. Saw nothing in the sonogram, but gave me some pain pills, recognizing something was wrong. After my symptoms and looking at the meds, he called up my g.p. right in front of my to find out the details of my first urinalysis over a month ago, and guess what! THERE WAS BLOOD IN MY URINE OVER A MONTH AGO! That should have been a huge clue something was wrong since I was nowhere near my period, but he admitted that it was a small amount so he saw no need to tell me!!

So my gyno sat down with me and stated based on my symptoms I have either 1: kidney infection (mostlikely) 2: kidney stones (if the pain comes back), or 3: other undiagnosed.

And to put icing on the cake, my gyno had to switch my antibiotics, b/c according to the urinalysis, all of the antibiotics my g.p. gave me were non-reactive to the bacteria, and he switched me to one that it was sensitive to. That was something he should have noticed and done earlier, avoiding this mess.

Needless to say (after all this, I'm sorry it's so long), after being on the new antibiotics, I feel 90% better, which is absolutely thrilling. I was amazed when it didnt hurt to pee and when my back pain subsided.

And I'll never forget what a dear friend told me when I was feeling my worst: Don't let them fool you into thinking you're wrong, or crazy. You know your body.

I'm getting a new G.P. Hugs to everyone dealing with this crap!!

+Quote Post
wanabfresh
post Feb 10 2009, 06:37 PM
Post #858

BUSTie

QUOTE(dumbfounded @ Feb 10 2009, 03:28 AM) *
Hi everyone, I'm new too and i wsas searching the net for info on re-occurring vagianl odor...I have had bv in the past...about 8-10 years ago,however it went away with the metrodiozole...well recently about a month ago ihad spotting after my period and shortly following that i had intercourse with my husband and realized the familiar smell of bv..i was so in denial that i could have bv because i am so cautious of what feminine products i use ...well unfortunately i went to the doctor and it was confirmed that i had it and i immediately got the prescription filled...i took the prescibed peels and i thought my worries were over. This month after my period, once again after intercourse i notice a smell however the smell isnt distinctly fishy....it just smells unfresh and similar but not as strong. Im wondering if it is the reoccurrance of bv? i havent had any other symptoms but after reading alot of the blogs im wondering if this is the begining of the endless issue...im wondering what is the trigger, and whats causing the imbalance of ph....my husband and i dont have an open relationship..not implying that its sexually transmitted but im really wondering what the hell! I have to say that its very embarrassing and uncomftorable...im almost wondering too is this an indicator of something more serious. My doctor looked at it under the microscope and immediately identified it last month, it seems like she really brushed me off...should i jjust get another Rx? or will it be a waste of time.... sad.gif

Hey, i was just wondring if ur husband is circumsized because i think that that play a major part n vaginal odor. My bf of 9 years isnt circumsized an i never had this problem until i met him.

+Quote Post
mfc10
post Feb 10 2009, 08:45 AM
Post #859

BUSTie

QUOTE(Grace08 @ Feb 10 2009, 07:48 AM) *
Hey, just wanted to say my smell isn't exactly fishy either - I know BV discharge is often described as 'fishy', but oddly - the only time mine is fishy is when I've eaten fish which makes me think how connected the things we eat are to what our vaginas are getting up to.

Finally! Someone else who smells fishy after eating fish! I can't take fish oil capsules either, which bums me out. The only kind of fish that doesn't do it is tuna & some salmon. When I take peppermint-oil capsules for indigestion, I smell like eucalyptus! Sigh. blink.gif

+Quote Post
Grace08
post Feb 10 2009, 07:48 AM
Post #860

BUSTie

QUOTE(dumbfounded @ Feb 10 2009, 07:28 AM) *
This month after my period, once again after intercourse i notice a smell however the smell isnt distinctly fishy....it just smells unfresh and similar but not as strong.

Hey, just wanted to say my smell isn't exactly fishy either - I know BV discharge is often described as 'fishy', but oddly - the only time mine is fishy is when I've eaten fish which makes me think how connected the things we eat are to what our vaginas are getting up to.

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 41 42 43 44 45 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 27, 2014 - 10:27 PM