Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

33 Pages V  « < 30 31 32 33 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HPV and STDs
pixiedust
post May 5 2006, 02:18 PM
Post #621

Tink's Red headed Step Sis

I don't get the interior ones, so I don't know...I would be a little concerned about the possibility of upsetting the ph in there and getting a yeastie or BV, but you might check into it. I gues the base for the gel probably isn't all that different than lube.

--------------------
~May the Fleas of one thousand camels infest the crotch of any person who messes up your day, and may their arms be too short to scratch!~
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
saktii
post May 5 2006, 01:56 PM
Post #622

Hardcore BUSTie

Pixiedust-- regarding the aloe you've been using, could that be used on interior warts as well? They seem to be getting smaller already just from the one treatment at the doctor's this past week, but I'd like to speed the process along if at all possible before I go in for my colo.

--------------------
[font=Comic Sans Ms][b][i]"I found God and all his devils inside her.."[color=#CC0000]

+Quote Post
fuego_lento
post May 4 2006, 08:42 PM
Post #623

Hardcore BUSTie

Alwaysonmymind, the vaccine only prevents you from infection with one high-risk strain of HPV (HPV-16). If you're already infected with that strain, the vaccine won't do anything to "cure" it, nor will it keep you from infection with any other strain of the virus.

This link explains the vaccine and how it works. Scroll down to "limitations" for more info on what the vaccine can and can't do.

+Quote Post
alwaysonmymind
post May 4 2006, 07:37 PM
Post #624

BUSTie

Apparently, there is a new vaccine for certain strains of HPV, it is still being tested but hopeful....my gyno and doctor both told me...it is suppossed to come out very soon. My question is does a vaccine make it go away; or just prevent other people from getting it?

+Quote Post
pixiedust
post May 4 2006, 06:34 PM
Post #625

It has never slowed me and Mr. Pixie down. He knows what te risks are and since we are in a comitted, monogamous relationship, he accepts the risks.

--------------------
~May the Fleas of one thousand camels infest the crotch of any person who messes up your day, and may their arms be too short to scratch!~

+Quote Post
suffering
post May 4 2006, 04:55 PM
Post #626

Hardcore BUSTie

I heard there is now a vaccine for HPV. Can anyone tell me about this? Thanks.

+Quote Post
saktii
post May 4 2006, 04:32 PM
Post #627

Hardcore BUSTie

It's been YEARS since I regularly posted on this thread, but now that I need the Bust Lounge, the Bust Lounge is still here. Thank Goodness.
I, too, was recently diagnosed with HPV after getting into my first serious relationship in almost three years.
It's funny how persistent the feelings of shame are, despite the fact that reports show that 70% of ALL sexually active adult women have this virus, and condoms may not protect much.
I keep reminding myself that it doesn't make me dirty, and my new boyfriend doesn't seem to be bothered by it at all.
I guess my question is, is it really necessary to refrain from sex until the warts have been treated? Because, I'm in a new relationship, here, and we're finding it completely impossible to keep our hands off of one another.
We have sex anywhere from 3 to 5 times a night, and I don't know if some little warties are really going to slow us down.
Advice????

--------------------
[font=Comic Sans Ms][b][i]"I found God and all his devils inside her.."[color=#CC0000]

+Quote Post
shanneroo
post May 3 2006, 09:41 AM
Post #628

There are some articles that say HPV can go through latex, but the jury is still out on whether it can get through polyurethane. - So maybe it's a bigger risk than I stated earlier.

+Quote Post
shanneroo
post May 2 2006, 09:07 AM
Post #629

Dandelion,
If you and your partner are willing to take a risk, condoms can be made into dental dams for oral sex. You just cut off the tip, and then cut the ring that's left. Unroll it, and voila! - a dental dam. You can put lube on the vagina side so it feels better. One thing you have to remember is that you have to make a new dam if the one you are using falls from whoever's hands are holding it against your genitals. The unlubricated condoms are a bit easier to hold in place than the lubricated condoms, but some people use the flavoured condoms to make it more 'fun', and as long as your fluids are staying on your side, you are lowering the risk of passing it to your partner without having to go without. - Just an idea... :-)

+Quote Post
p_176
post May 2 2006, 08:03 AM
Post #630

Hardcore BUSTie

therapy won't change anything. been there done that...of course it did acheive the desired effect of me not talking to my exbf from college, but that's another story.
i've been telling the boyfriend he's deluded by thinking this situation is going to get better..but really it was me who was being delusional by thinking i could have a normal life, get married and have sex. that's not actually possible. in the past 2.5 years, there has not been a time when i did not have an outbreak. it has been constant. the amount of and seriousness of surgeries has not changed that fact. frankly, i can't afford financially to pay for surgery anymore. i almost can't afford my house.
he's actually not really willing to risk getting gw, but he still wants to have sex, which makes no sense to me. i've been telling him to start looking around. in the next few weeks, i find out if i have to have the surgery where they take a large section of your cervix out, supposedly to remove abnormal cells, but in my case, i must be immunosuppressed from asthma and allergies, they'd just come back. i'm not wanting to waste the time on the surgery (for which i would need a month off of work, at least, and i don't have near that kind of leave).
so, when your life revolves around surgery, then no, you're not living normally. i'm resigned to that now, so whatever.
thanks for listening though...

+Quote Post
roseviolet
post May 1 2006, 08:18 PM
Post #631

Pacifism kicks ass!

A couple of years ago a good friend of mine was going through treatments very similar to yours, P. She also got a cone biopsy ... and was married just a few months later. They've been married for nearly 3 years now and are very happy. This can be the same for you, too, if you want it to be.

I, myself, have endometriosis, which is a painful disease that affects my reproductive system. I go through periods of extraordinary pain that makes vaginal intercourse absolutely impossible. This can go on for months at a time. The pain can be debilitating both physically and emotionally. It makes me feel like a bad partner. It makes me feel like less of a woman. So I think I have a good idea of the toll that HPV is taking on your spirit.

But I learned something. I learned that, just because I'm sick, I don't have to give up everything that brings me joy! You can still have a rewarding life, P. And I know it's hard. Lord, do I ever know! There were many times that I felt guilty that my partner had to "put up" with me and my diseased reproductive system (and digestive system because my disease likes to spread). I felt guilty about the emotional strife that comes with my illness. But I found that people who love me - the people who really love me - accept every part of me. Warts and all. I know that my husband wishes that I didn't have endometriosis, but he married me anyway. Because he knows there's a hell of a lot more to me than this disease. Yes, there are obstacles. But we work through them. Besides, there are plenty of ways to be affectionate without vaginal penetration.

P, I don't know you. But I know there's a lot more to you than just HPV. And I'm sure it's worth loving. It sounds to me like you're going through a very difficult time emotionally-speaking. Have you thought about talking to a therapist about all of this?

+Quote Post
pixiedust
post May 1 2006, 07:51 PM
Post #632

unless its an issue where he really wants kids and you aren't sure that you can have any, I would not let it be an issue.
I have HPV, it does NOT have me!

--------------------

+Quote Post
alwaysonmymind
post May 1 2006, 05:49 PM
Post #633

BUSTie

Have you guys seen all of the HPV commercials. Millions of people have it. We are not alone

+Quote Post
p_176
post May 1 2006, 05:05 PM
Post #634

Hardcore BUSTie

let me clarify - he does not think it's a problem - he thinks it will go away or get better. i'mnot sure he actually looked at any of the websites i gave him to check out regarding the hpv.
it's not fair to him to be wiht someone who can never have sex again (when i have surgery, i cant have sex or do exercise for weeks at a time, and thus i am not only diseased, but overweight). when i have this cone biopsy (given my medical history, it does not matter that the actual results won't be in for a week - i know it will come back that i have to have basically my cervix removed), that's another 2 months. he should find someone else.
i appreciate that other people's boyfriends/husbands did not have a problem wiht it. but i have a problem with it, and no matter how much we are in love or whatever, that's not going to fix this issue.

+Quote Post
roseviolet
post May 1 2006, 02:52 PM
Post #635

Pacifism kicks ass!

P, how does he feel about it? What has he said?

+Quote Post
p_176
post May 1 2006, 02:31 PM
Post #636

Hardcore BUSTie

maybe...i doubt it though. it's going 3 years, and constant outbreaks, and more than 3 surgeries. currently am waiting to hear if i have to have a cone biopsy - i told my dr to just remove everything in there - he thinks that a low grade pap result wont turn into cancer but i've had precancers more than once.
as for the man, i see it as ruining his life - he should not marry me. we can't be intimate, and i have no more interest in sex - i should never have had sex in the first place. i know it's common but no one i have ever talked to had the same symptoms or surgeries that i have had. i'm serioulsy at the point where i dont want to treat it anymore but will let it turn into cancer. that would be less painful than having laser surgeries every other month.

+Quote Post
pixiedust
post May 1 2006, 11:21 AM
Post #637

P, don't throw away a good man over HPV! A good man, isn't going to care. Mr. Pixie barely paused when I told him I have it, and that he would likely get it. Most people develope some kind of immunity over time and break out much less. I had breakouts for 2 years and then they suddenly stopped. It is so common, you shouldn't let it ruin your life.

--------------------

+Quote Post
p_176
post May 1 2006, 09:39 AM
Post #638

Hardcore BUSTie

i just told my fiance that we can't get married 'cause of the hpv.

+Quote Post
suffering
post Apr 29 2006, 01:19 PM
Post #639

Hardcore BUSTie

alwaysonmymind: Thanks for the info. So is there any other way to detect it before it gets to the point of showing up on an abnormal pap smear? So far all my pap tests have been normal but as you say that doesn't mean I don't have it.

The thing is I am very wary of testing methods. I had a chlamydia infection in my urethra for probably two years that no doctor picked up on (not even the urogynecologist who swabbed my urethra!). Finally I went to see a really excellent doctor and he found the infection and treated it and it's gone now. But to say the least I have lost a lot of faith in doctors/testing methods.

Is it true that there is now a vaccine against HPV? I thought I had read that somewhere.

+Quote Post
alwaysonmymind
post Apr 28 2006, 11:24 PM
Post #640

BUSTie

Suffering, cervical dyplesia does show up on your pap smear, it shows up as abnormal. From there your gyno will look inside your cervix through a microscope to see what's going on. It is possible to have hpv without an abnormal pap smear. Unfortnutely, most people don't know they have hpv until they have an abnormal pap. I think I have had hpv for about four years and didn't have an abnormal pap until last year. My body just changed down "there" I started getting infections really easily and it just feels "different" from what it used too.

I do have an important question. Have any of your doctors monitored your abnormal cells on your cervix to see if they go away by themselves. Mine has for almost a year now and it is still there. He says it is still mild and we will look at again in a couple of months. I just want to have a LEAP already. Have any of you experienced this?

+Quote Post

33 Pages V  « < 30 31 32 33 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 30, 2014 - 09:50 PM