Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 232 233 234 235 236 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
neverending
post Oct 31 2006, 04:01 PM
Post #4661

Hardcore BUSTie

autumnbreeze:I'm only 2 hours away from Atlanta,Ga. I will give him a try because I don't want to have to use birth control. I'm married and I am ready for children!

Ladies:Doctor called and told me he was not going to give me the estrogen treatment.I asked why and he said I am too young to be having problems like this.You know what? I completely give up on doctors PERIOD! I don't think they want us to get rid of this problem because they profit off of it.So, with that being said; I ordered some estroil vaginal suppositories (the plant form) and I am going to give it a try.Wish me luck!

Estriol Helps Maintain Healthy Vaginal Tissue

Vaginal dryness and atrophy, urinary frequency, and repeat urinary tract infections are problems that many women experience during perimenopause, menopause, and other periods of estrogen decline. These symptoms occur because falling estrogen levels can lead to thinning of the vaginal and urethral tissue.

Estriol has a very robust local effect on the many estrogen receptors in these tissues and can be useful in reducing vaginal dryness and thickening skin and mucosa in a matter of a few days or weeks. Studies show estriol also lowers vaginal pH, promoting a healthy environment for the growth of protective flora, which may then help prevent urinary tract infections. Most often, a small amount of estriol in an individually compounded cream or suppository is prescribed for use two or three times a week.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
autumnbreeze
post Oct 31 2006, 02:48 PM
Post #4662

BUSTie

Hello Ladies,

Just wanted to give an update. My symptoms have improved tremendously. The discharge is very light (I no longer have to wear a pantiliner overnight) and the smell has dropped from a solid 8 to about a 3. I can't tell you how excited I am!! You have to understand that until a few weeks ago, I thought I would have to walk around smelling like sardines for the rest of my life. Currently, I am only taking probiotics once a day. I will probably do a montly hydrogen peroxide douche for maintenance. It's too soon to claim victory over BV but atleast I see that it can be controlled.

Also, for those of you here in the Atlanta area..I was browsing over the weekend and came across some info on a doctor who specializes in Holistic Gynecology. He is a doctor of osteopathy certified in gynecology and holistic medicine. His name is Richard J. Clofine, D.O. The center is called Integrated Medical Center 770-390-0012.

Eralc Alegna: I agree with you..we are desparate. Most of us have been dealing with this for years and the doctors just keep writing scripts for antibiotics. If they aren't getting any money or kickbacks, they are NOT going to refer you to holistic practitioners or suggest you seek alternative medicines. Hell, I just recently learned (on my own) about probiotics and the purpose they serve! My docs had been giving me antibiotics but never once suggested probiotics to keep the subsequent yeast infections away. Overall I think we have to be careful, educate ourselves, and not be afraid to "think outside the box" because no one is going to take your health as serious as you.

+Quote Post
chachaheels
post Oct 31 2006, 10:19 AM
Post #4663

Hardcore BUSTie

Well, I used to think it was hard to find alternative medical practitioners, but we are out there and there are many schools in North America which offer the comprehensive courses needed to become well trained. It's just like any other medicine: if your doctor is not taking your seriously, or doesn't seem to be knowledgeable about treatments that are out there--YOU have to go out and find another doctor. If you find conventional medicine doesn't work, then really you must take responsibility for your health and learn about alternatives. Then you have to seek out someone who can work with you--and that will take just as much effort as it would to work with a conventional MD. Being desperate is just one more reason to be careful about treatments out there and how to use them properly. Why put your health in jeopardy any further if you say you're trying to improve it?

Here's a site with listings of homeopathic doctors in North America--find your state and see who's doing what; also click on the link which tells you what the accreditations behind peoples' names mean. This is NASH's site--it lists classical homeopaths.
www.homeopathy-cures.com

To find a naturopath in your area, I googled "regulatory bodies naturopathic medicine in the us" and selected a link to Wikipedia's page on naturopathy. Under a subheading on that page reading "Regulation in North America, there are a series of links for each state and province where naturopaths practice. Click on one of those links, contact the body in your area, and then call each individual practitioner and shop around. Ask about what to expect in treatment, in the first consult, what the rates are, what each practitioner's specialty treatment method is, etc. etc. Try to get a feel for these people as docs before you commit to a first consultation; if you find someone who works well with you and is open to you (and you'll know in that first conversation) consider working with that person.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_of_Nat...n_North_America

For what it's worth, wikipedia's basic information on alternative medicine is very poor, or at least, sorely lacking--so ask these referral organizations to recommend some educational materials to you if you want to know more about the kind of medicine this is.

In any case, self-treating is just a bad idea. Avoid it whenever possible, and seriously learn to question anyone who tells you to take natural or other kinds of drugs to treat chronic disease on your own. They do not have your best interests at heart.

As for the whole veggie issue--I never said eating meat will cure your BV. I did say, however, that nutritional treatment options do, in fact, exist, for the treatment and cure of BV; and that vegetarianism should be well-researched before it is undertaken.

It's absolutely true that if you don't eat the right fats in your diet, you WILL alter your hormone balance (hormones are basically fats and protein, after all--so if you don't have the right fats and amino acids going in, you'll hardly have what you need to make and balance them healthily). Most of the fats necessary happen to be saturated animal fats, and many of the vital amino acids you need can only be found in animal proteins: however, I DID also mention that you can use a vegetable fat that comes close (there is only one, after all, which can almost mimick animal fats) and supplement like crazy if you want to be vegetarian and successfully treat BV with nutrition.

One last thing: The Indian women you mention, as an example, have plenty of access to, and use a great deal of tropical fats (coconuts, palm oils, etc) and they eat milk products like butter and cheese and lacto-fermented food--which contains so many of the enzymes and saturated fats needed for nutrient absorption. The vegetarianism practiced there is quite different from what people eat here, where people erroneously cut these foods out of the diet because they've been misinformed about the body's biological need for fats.

I also said vegetarianism is not for everyone. Some people will be great if they educate themselves thoroughly and follow a diet plan without meat foods. Some people will not be, no matter what kind of supplementation procedure they follow. That said, a vegetarian diet doesn't necessarily mean a healthier diet. You can have an extremely healthy omnivorous diet as well, and you can have an amazingly effective curative omnivorous diet too. It all depends on the individual and on the diet's quality. It's just not that cut and dry to declare vegetarian healthier than ominivorous.

--------------------
May suitable doses of guaranteed sensual pleasure and slow, long-lasting enjoyment preserve us from the contagion of the multitude who mistake frenzy for efficiency.

+Quote Post
pianogirl
post Oct 31 2006, 09:40 AM
Post #4664

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(sassy @ Oct 31 2006, 07:15 AM) *

While I agree with chachaheels about doing a lot of research before becoming vegetarian, I disagree strongly about craving meat. I have been vegetarian for 7 years and I occasionally still smell meat and think, "that smells good." When you give something up, of course you will occasionally miss it. I would NEVER touch the stuff again, however...anyone who thinks meat is healthier than a vegetarian diet needs to take a look at what goes into the "production" of meat at factory farms. And yes, I'm sure that there are some animals that are treated well before slaughter but the majority of meat is horrible for you due to anti-biotics fed to the animals, which by the way causes humans to be less reactive to anti-biotics in medicine. I don't think there is a connection to BV and vegetarianism...I've never noticed a difference in my symptoms due to the food I eat.

And cravings are just cravings. I crave junk food sometimes but it doesn't mean it's good for my body.

Hi Sassy,

I am with you on this one. I have been a vegetarian for 13 years and have no desire whatsoever to consume meat. I strongly disagree to vegetarianism and bv being linked, my diet is not the issue as I eat very healthy I believe the BC pills threw me off balance. I will never integrate meat into my diet, a few years back my mother cooked pasta and I ate it thinking it was plain marinara sauce needless to say I started throwing up and she couldnt understand why until she read the label and the sauce contained meat sources. I will never forget that I think eating meat or integrating meat would do more damage than good for those who have been vegetarians for a long amount of time. Also what about my coworkers whom are Hindus and believe the Cow is sacred. They dont eat meat and never have nor will as it is against their beliefs I am sure that some women (hindus etc) get bv and meat is not incorporated into their diet to heal their disease.

Thanks,

PG

QUOTE(Eralc Alegna @ Oct 31 2006, 09:57 AM) *

I think I can speak for everyone in this instance by saying, "BECAUSE WE'RE DESPERATE!" when nothing else has worked, doctors quit trying and caring and keep jamming the same counter productive crap down our throats, any alternate approach seems appealing. and it's not easy to find a naturopath or herbalist in your backyard, or one you can afford.
on that note, I'm in the US. Midwest to be more specific. Is there an organization or website i can go to you know of to find a naturopath in my area?

And out of curiosity, anyone come across a study of women on the pill or hormonal BC and rates of BV before and after? or women who take BC vs. women who don't and the rates of infection? If not someone should...

Hi I haave read that BC pills makes you more suceptable to infections because it alters your hormones. However I read so many things that I cant remember where I read that from. I agree we are all desperate and frustrated, the doctors have given up and some don't even listen. When I told my doctor when this problem started happening, I was on Seasonale and was experiencing alot of breakthrough bleeding she said "Oh when you stop taking the birth control your body goes back to normal." She basically dismissed whatever I had to say, they mostly do. I found a holistic doctor whom I spoke with and she said BC pills alters hormones and thats maybe my issue. She did say it is also diet but my diet has been the same for many years. Also she said it could be stress so there are many factors becuase I guess it would be fair to say that we are all different. She did say much of time the cause of this is hormones so we will see what is my case. In any event I will let you girls know in about two weeks as I will meet her in two weeks (that was her only appt. available).

Thanks

+Quote Post
Eralc Alegna
post Oct 31 2006, 08:40 AM
Post #4665

BUSTie

QUOTE(chachaheels @ Oct 31 2006, 06:43 AM) *

I don't know what it is that makes people think they can self-treat with any drug, pharmaceutical or "natural".

I think I can speak for everyone in this instance by saying, "BECAUSE WE'RE DESPERATE!" when nothing else has worked, doctors quit trying and caring and keep jamming the same counter productive crap down our throats, any alternate approach seems appealing. and it's not easy to find a naturopath or herbalist in your backyard, or one you can afford.
on that note, I'm in the US. Midwest to be more specific. Is there an organization or website i can go to you know of to find a naturopath in my area?

And out of curiosity, anyone come across a study of women on the pill or hormonal BC and rates of BV before and after? or women who take BC vs. women who don't and the rates of infection? If not someone should...

+Quote Post
chachaheels
post Oct 31 2006, 07:23 AM
Post #4666

Hardcore BUSTie

Oh, I agree that meat is badly raised. However, there is another political issue that falls in with the eating of meat, and of our access to good food which does not contain additives and practices which make huge corporations wealthy while we suffer healthwise. If you're a vegetarian because most meat is horrific as a result of livestock rearing practices, chemicals, drugs, hormones,and poisons used in their production, then your complaint is with the way things are done in agribusiness, not with the food itself.

There are millions of small scale, organic, free range farmers who are trying their damnedest to restore our access to the foods we need, raised without all the crap agribusinesses and huge conglomerates like monsanto, ADM, and cargill are allowed to do to our food. We would all be a lot better off--healthwise, politically, and socially if we supported these local food producers and stopped buying so much of the mass produced and mass marketed stuff that is forced on us. And don't stop at meat, milk, and eggs: strongly think about supporting organic farmers who grow vegetable crops as well. If you can't find organic farmers locally (many can't afford to "pay" for the certification papers, but they follow the rules anyway) you should still try and support local producers as much as possible. If you know who's grown your food, and how they've done it, you have a great deal more control over what goes into your food and what stays out of it than you would if you went to the grocery store and paid a ton of money for produce that's GMO, gassed or irradiated, chemically treated with stuff you can't wash off ever, and then delivered to your mass marketing grocer from thousands of miles away.

Vegetarianism should never be about "cutting foods out" of the diet: it really ought to be about adding a large variety of vegetable foods TO the diet. And yes, you must supplement--B vitamins, saturated fats (the best one is cocoanut oil, it's the only source that comes close to what you need to get from animal fats) and finding suitable, safe versions of the high quality, high quantity vitamin A and D that only comes from animal organ meats. You will not be able to actually utilize the nutrients without the saturated fats to enable these chemical reactions to take place, so you must make arrangements to supplement well--and you need to do some indepth research to find out what those nutrients are.

I was a vegetarian for 13 years and couldn't figure out why I was eating "healthy", yet getting sicker, and heavier, all the time. I never craved meat foods, but I always missed seafoods. All I had to do to stop a lot of the damage I was doing was eat one or two meals featuring fish a week--and supplement with cod liver oil, but I had no idea at the time.

If you have any kind of craving, there is a bona fide physiological need for it, even if it is junk food you crave (don't think for a minute that people don't need the highly refined sugars--possibly not for the best reasons, but reasons none the less. If you doubt this in any way, keep in mind that plain white sugar was used as a medicinal drug for hundreds of years before we started abusing it liberally--it has very specific physiological effects on the body which can help or hinder). You might not be able to get what you need in the very best form, but rest assured, you need that substance.

--------------------
May suitable doses of guaranteed sensual pleasure and slow, long-lasting enjoyment preserve us from the contagion of the multitude who mistake frenzy for efficiency.

+Quote Post
sassy
post Oct 31 2006, 05:58 AM
Post #4667

Hardcore BUSTie

While I agree with chachaheels about doing a lot of research before becoming vegetarian, I disagree strongly about craving meat. I have been vegetarian for 7 years and I occasionally still smell meat and think, "that smells good." When you give something up, of course you will occasionally miss it. I would NEVER touch the stuff again, however...anyone who thinks meat is healthier than a vegetarian diet needs to take a look at what goes into the "production" of meat at factory farms. And yes, I'm sure that there are some animals that are treated well before slaughter but the majority of meat is horrible for you due to anti-biotics fed to the animals, which by the way causes humans to be less reactive to anti-biotics in medicine. I don't think there is a connection to BV and vegetarianism...I've never noticed a difference in my symptoms due to the food I eat.

And cravings are just cravings. I crave junk food sometimes but it doesn't mean it's good for my body.

+Quote Post
chachaheels
post Oct 31 2006, 05:26 AM
Post #4668

Hardcore BUSTie

Neverending, if you became a vegetarian just recently, do a LOT of research and find out what you need to do to maintain your health. I personally think that's easy to do if you add milk foods and egg foods to your diet; as soy is just so bad for you unless you only eat fermented organic soy, (which leaves you with Tofu and not much more). If you're not well-versed on how to get the nutrients you have to have, you'll ending up creating deficiencies in your body--which only leads to problems you don't want, beginning with weight gain. If you're craving sea foods, add them to your diet. If you're trying to go vegetarian and you find yourself craving meat, by all means, pay attention to those cravings. People make a real mistake when they think cravings are just poor will power: our bodies are actually telling us something important through "cravings". I've yet to hear of one which wasn't created by physiological need.

As for buying any drug off the internet, my advice on that is DON'T. Ever. Especially not hormone drugs. If you really want to use HRT of any kind, find out as much as possible, make sure you know all the side effects (cancer is one), and be under a very well informed, top-skilled endocrinologist's ongoing care before you decide to do this.

I don't know what it is that makes people think they can self-treat with any drug, pharmaceutical or "natural". These are really powerful substances. Drug substances cannot heal anything unless they also have the power to seriously harm--keep that in mind! All doctors are warned never to self-treat because of the lack of objectivity this causes. There is absolutely no way for you to fully understand what needs to be addressed and what a drug is doing to your body without that objectivity. Oh, I know I'm going to hear a bunch of "how do you know? I treated myself and I was successful at it!!" But that just makes what I'm saying more obviously true.

--------------------

+Quote Post
i_hate_sports
post Oct 30 2006, 06:40 PM
Post #4669

Piano Girl: I feel disgusting and depressed about it too. You aren't alone. And it sucks because I don't want to talk about it to my friends because I feel like they will think I am gross. I talk about it to my coworker, boss/BIL , sister and mom. They don't get it and I feel like they think its weird that I have this problem.

I finished the Cleocin today. No horrible discharge all day. Yippee. I am really hoping this might be it for me. I am not going back on BC. I really feel like after reading everything on this board its about estrogen for me. I am going to let my body do its thing and not mess with my hormones any more.

I am so glad I found you guys. I have learned so much from this board in just the past week.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Oct 30 2006, 06:05 PM
Post #4670

Hardcore BUSTie

chachaheels: I became a vegetarian 2 wks ago because I thought that might help also.Should I add seafood to my diet? and are estroil vaginal suppositories safe to use and buy off the internet?

+Quote Post
chachaheels
post Oct 30 2006, 12:12 PM
Post #4671

Hardcore BUSTie

Pepper, I'm one of those people who suffered tremendously because I cut meat out of my diet. It's a nutrient source I absolutely needed to have to maintain, among other things, hormonal balance, emotional balance, and avoid chronic disease. Many of the initial complaints from which I suffered actually stopped all together when I added seafood to my ovo-lacto vegetarian diet, which confirmed what I suspected but never wanted to accept. I'm still dealing with some of the problems I actually created with my vegetarian diet less expediently but effectively by adding red meat back into my diet. I no longer need to supplement with anything other than cod liver oil (cause I won't eat cod liver, I'm not as fair as I "should" be, living in a northern clime...so I have to take an absorbable form of vitamins A and D or I'm in serious trouble)--plus supplements were an utter waste of money for me as I need to get my nutrients from food.

My own experience is supported in what is perhaps the only comprehensive, detailed, long-term study of long term dietary practices as they were observed in a huge variety of cultural groups from every point in the world, and that's the comprehensive scientific nutritional studies first undertaken and published by Dr. Weston Price in the 1930's. His work has of course been continued and expanded by hundreds of biochemical nutritionists and nutritional scientists and it continues even today. You can still find Price's detailed work in medical libraries everywhere; you may even be able to get a copy if his published book based on his findings (which is a little tougher to do as it isn't for sale in mass targeted retail outlets); but you can check in on the westonaprice.org site to have a look at a great deal of his findings and many of his photographic documents showing the physical effects of dietary change.

There are certain things all extremely healthy, long-lived, long-sustained peoples from every part of the world had in common in their diets: one very important one which we ignore quite easily in our own modern diet is the need for raw food in the diet. I mean raw vegetables AND raw meat foods, raw meat foods most importantly because their fats make nutrients from other foods bioavailable.

All cultures and peoples who still eat raw meat foods will "cook" the meat with other foods--eg. with some kind of acid, like a vinegar, or wine; the use of fermented, salty brines or hot mustards, or through some kind of a process which allows the greater access to nutrients (that's what the "rotting" is about--although, to be fair, I've only ever heard of this done to game and other meats which are then cooked. It's normally called "aging"). Think of dishes like steak tartar, or sushi and sashimi, or carpaccio or ceviche: The only exception I can think of to this is cuisines where raw meat sources include insects--usually no preparation is needed to intensify the nutrient amounts in those foods, as they are just eaten live. We even apply this rule to vegetable foods, too, if you think about it: that's what salad dressing is all about--a mixture of acid to break down the protein material and allow their nutrients to be released; and fat which allows the body to actually absorb and use the released nutrients. Pepper, you're french: when I think of the salads that are so recognizably french I see this rule at work all the time. One in particular is the famous typical frisee salad, which includes blue cheese, lard and vinegar dressing, and bacon along with the bitter salad green. I've also thought the french were quite astute at adding the crispened, fat rich salmon skin pieces to salads made with sweeter lettuces, just to add texture and the necessary fat content.

There's no way to naturally "increase" estrogen in the body--it's simply not what you want to do if you want hormonal balance to be achieved. Hormones go out of balance in the body for any number of reasons--it could be that you end up having too little or too much of a specific hormone because a gland which has nothing at all to do with sex hormones has become incapable or somehow hindered in functioning properly, which causes a whole chain-link type of reaction everywhere else in the body. An example of this which happens to be incredibly common in women is something like adrenal dysfunction--when the adrenal glands are overwhelmed by any number of factors, ongoing, uncurtailed stress being a common one. When those glands are pressed to react to an incredible amount of stress, it's almost as if our bodies create a "fight or flight" reaction to a situation which doesn't warrant that kind of reaction. If this happens often enough, our adrenal glands simply become overworked and cannot respond, or, alternately, overrespond when receptors for the hormones produced simply stop responding. What happens in that case is that the adrenals have to create even more hormone to effect the kind of reaction the body needs--and right there the imbalance begins...as the increase in those hormones will create a reactionary production or lack of production in other glands in the body...including the pituitary, the thyroid, the pancreas and even the ovaries. Eventually the organs in the body will begin to show the effects of the continued imbalances and glandular dysfunction...this is when the chronic diseases such as diabetes and heart disease can become full blown. Hormonal imbalances can also happen when hormones are introduced into the body for any reason--use of corticosteroids for asthma treatment, for example; hormone replacement therapies or ongoing hormone use--such as the birth control pill; use of steroids for body-building, even the use of melatonin for the treatment of insomnia or jet lag.

What you want to do naturally is restore optimum hormonal balance not by adding or subtracting hormones, but by supporting the body using proper treatment that allows all glands and organs to function properly. The balance will restore itself when the glands function properly; and they will function properly when the body is healthy again.

Nutrition can play a big role by making certain all the absolutely necessary fats and proteins required by the body to maintain this kind of abalance is available int he body, but other natural treatment options are also very effective. You need to find one that makes it easy for you to comply with what is required to restore your health.

Eralc Alegna, I don't mind if you ask my medical background. I'm a homeopathic doctor with a private practice in which I treat people of all ages (and animals too) using classical homeopathic medicine and holistic nutrition. The vast majority of the patients in my practice are women and children; I treat mainly chronic diseases (I like to teach my patients how to treat the acute diseases they may run into) and all of my patients save for maybe 2 of them came to me after every other kind of treatment has failed. I've been in private practice for 6 years.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Eralc Alegna
post Oct 30 2006, 11:50 AM
Post #4672

BUSTie

So I was at the doc last week and got a culture, and I got the call today that it was COMPLETELY NORMAL.
How the hell does that add up?!?!? The quick test they did in the office was negative too but she said there was a chance that it was due to the boric i used the morning before. Could that afect the culture too? this makes no sense. the discharge is not normal in color, volume or odor compared to what im like in between infections. I'm so lost! I'm not going to take the pill and i think im going to switch back to peroxide plus a vaginal probiotic. i'm going to go look for what chacha recommended before.

Speaking of, cha cha thank you so much for all the advice and info. do you mind if I ask what your medical backround is?

+Quote Post
neverending
post Oct 30 2006, 11:13 AM
Post #4673

Hardcore BUSTie

pianogirl: I think we all feel disgusted and depressed! It got to the point where I hated being around people. This is a condition that we just can't help.People use to make fun of me saying I smelled like ammonia or other things and I finally snapped on one person, so now I'm the big bitch on campus.Go figure!My aunt even had the nerve to try to say something cruel to me and all I can think in my head is I CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT BITCH TO GET OLD BECAUSE SHE IS GOING TO NEED ME ONE DAY AND I'LL MAKE SURE I REMIND HER OF THE PAIN I FELT WHEN I NEEDED SUPPORT.WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND!

+Quote Post
pianogirl
post Oct 30 2006, 10:55 AM
Post #4674

Hardcore BUSTie

Hello Ladies,

I have found myself a holistic doctor. I spoke with her today in regards to my condition she says it's probably a hormonal condition. I have an appointment with her 2 weeks from today. She has also told me the condition is very common. I will let you know what she says when I see her also she says the issue needs to be address internally that is why the infection or smell returns. She says bc plls alter the vaginal flora. The appointments are rather expensive $170 initial visit and $70 afterwards. However this infection is really or has really killed my libedo and self confidence. I feel disgusting and depressed.

Anyway I just wanted to share this with you guys.

Thanks,

PG

+Quote Post
pepper
post Oct 30 2006, 10:54 AM
Post #4675

chacha, maybe we could take this question to the general health question thread but i was curious about your statement that some people need to eat meat.
fyi, it's only a very small faction of raw foodists who eat raw meat (raw eggs, dairy, and/or other creatures ei bugs). even within that community they are considered extremists (the raw meat eaters anyhow). some of them let it rot first, a practice i have never understood.

are there some natural ways to increase estrogen in the body? i can't imagine that supplementing hormones would be so great in the long run.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Oct 30 2006, 10:38 AM
Post #4676

Hardcore BUSTie

Called Doctor office today and I am requesting estriol estrogen.I hope they just give it to me without having to come in.I heard estroil is supposed to be the safe estrogen.Does anyone know about this form of estrogen?

+Quote Post
chachaheels
post Oct 29 2006, 03:16 AM
Post #4677

Hardcore BUSTie

Eralc Alegna, the body's ability to heal itself is limitless. No one can say for certain what it can or can't do in each and every case. Everyone is very different, and no illness is simply "biological" or strictly physical in origin. We're just not constructed that way. So, some times what works for others with the same ailment may not work for you--you must factor in and address other factors into your health, factors many people like to think of as "holistic". What makes you susceptible to illness will be very different from what makes others susceptible, even when we're talking about the same illness! So we can never ignore the other factors in our entire lives and the roles they may play in our health.

Because this is true it is possible to restore health even if so much has been made to take place in the body via suppressive drugs and therapies. Every single case is different--but the key is trying to understand and know yourself and what it is in your life which makes these illnesses possible. It's the only way we can make the changes we need to make in our lives to bring health back.

I'm not sure where you are, but if you're in the US or Canada you can seek out a regulatory body or society which connects herbalists as practitioners but also sets standards for education and practice in your state or province. Organisations like this will accept only qualified practitioners as members and they will be able to provide you with some referrals for people who practice in your area. You want to find someone who has a basic foundation in the medical sciences; but more importantly you want someone who has studied botanical medicine theory, chemistry, and pharmacology (or what is often called pharmacognosy) and has completed some supervised clinic work. Any medical therapy requires a basic minimum of 5 years of study combining all of these disciplines as they apply to the specific treatment method. After you check for those qualifications, make sure you spend a few minutes talking to the practitioner to get a sense about what the consultation will involve, how they interact with you, how they decide which medicine to your in your case, and what they charge (if money is an issue, always ask about a sliding scale because you want to find someone who will try to accomodate you).

If you wish to find a naturopath, the same idea applies--seek out a regulatory body in your state or province and ask what their standards for membership include, then ask for qualified referrals in your area. Naturopaths are like the GPs of alternative medicine in that they study a little bit of various treatment modalities--but often they are required to choose a specialty and dedicate the majority of their studies to that treatment method. If you want to stick with herbal or botanical medicine, seek out an ND who specializes in using herbs. You can ask them to make suggestions in other modalities--such as with nutrition; in general I find good NDs will stick to the modality you request or the one they know best to get good results with each client. Many NDs, however, will try to use a bit of everything on you--this is not a recommended approach because many modalities are simply not meant to be used together (for example: homeopathy and herbs should not be used together--there's no need and one treatment can actually be hindered by the other one; herbs and nutritional therapies, on the other hand, often work very well together). Again, I highly recommend the quick, 10 minute or so phone interview with the NDs who've been referred to you so you get a "feel" for who they are, and what to expect with their treatment in terms of how they practice. Being able to feel like you can work easily with the practitioner makes the biggest difference in your success.

As for the boric acid, I'd stop for a little while and just let myself recover a bit. It's difficult for people to understand this, but with any medicine they will experience changes which may improve their situation; but continued use will create symptoms in the body which you don't want. All the drug effects can be experienced--from healing ones to ones which we mistakenly call "side" effects, which are really just more effects of the substance. Boric acid can be very healing if used properly, however long term use or use of too much of the substance will create effects as bad as or worse than the ailment you originally treated...that's why it's important to have someone who is trained in using the substance monitor your case. Boric acid is wonderful as a disinfectant in the body--it can kill off some of the organisms linked to the illness you experience--but overuse seems to weaken the body's own defenses against these organisms all together. After all, BV is much, much more than just the microorganisms involved.

As for the raw food diet, I treat my patients with nutritional therapies too and I always encourage more raw food in the diet in general--but I do believe we have inherited a great deal of knowledge about intensifying nutrient availability in foods through cooking methods and techniques, so I don't believe raw everything is healthy at all. Certainly, the raw food diets people like to push nowadays are strictly vegetarian or vegan, which I don't think suits everyone just fine (I think raw meat foods are also required in many diets, and they should also be eaten on occasion). Many people NEED to eat meat and if they choose a vegetarian or vegan diet they must supplement (which is really not ideal) or their health will not improve but rather decline.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Oct 28 2006, 07:31 PM
Post #4678

Hardcore BUSTie

I smoke. And I'm sure it's slowing down the healing of this crap. I'm going to the Doctor on Wednesday for this skin eating disease rash I have that WON'T GO AWAY!!! sad.gif I'm going to ask her about the Estrogen since I am 37 and have had a Hysterectomy.

By the way, had sex Last night and no smell. What are the odds of that. Because trust me, the smell is there. Just didn't show itself.

I will let you all know how the doctor goes.

+Quote Post
pianogirl
post Oct 28 2006, 12:58 PM
Post #4679

Hardcore BUSTie

I've heard other people say that this doesn't work and everyone is different. But, I feel like this might be more natural and apparently has shown to help balance some women's flora in clinical trails. And hydrogen peroxide has no side effects and this rests a little more easily on my mind - if it's working, which it is. But seriously, I'm kinda coming to terms with dealing with some sort of bv maintenance right after my period.
[/quote]

Klee let us know how long have you been using hygrogen peroxide.

Thanks

+Quote Post
pianogirl
post Oct 28 2006, 12:35 PM
Post #4680

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(neverending @ Oct 28 2006, 11:31 AM) *

autumnbreeze:I'm not sure how they did this.I guess they did one at a time.Sorry I can't be more help to you.

Ladies:
HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE TAKEN BIRTH CONTROL?

I was on seasonale for 7 months I started gettig bv 3 months into taking bc pills never again. sad.gif

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 232 233 234 235 236 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
7 User(s) are reading this topic (7 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 29, 2014 - 01:25 PM