Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

562 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kvetch Up
sukouyant
post Jul 7 2010, 07:00 AM
Post #21

Hardcore BUSTie

((Syb)) sending you vibes for lining up another one soon.

Just got home from vacation/road trip and feeling that ruby red slippers feeling :-)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Jul 2 2010, 03:46 PM
Post #22

brown delicious

(((Syb))) Rats. I was hoping it would work out for you.

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post
sybarite
post Jul 2 2010, 12:00 PM
Post #23

it's cards on the table time

Ugh. Interview went well but they went with someone else. Anyway, good experience etc etc...

Thanks Billy! And cheers for the undies update, nice to see consistency... smile.gif

+Quote Post
billybonka
post Jul 2 2010, 06:03 AM
Post #24

Hardcore BUSTie

Best wishes for the interview, Sybarite!! Happy Friday to everyone.

(grey boxer briefs)

+Quote Post
sybarite
post Jul 2 2010, 03:28 AM
Post #25

Hey all--my interview is today; any and all vibes would be very welcome... thanks.

(Black mesh knickers and pretty cotton lace brar)

+Quote Post
sukouyant
post Jun 23 2010, 11:56 AM
Post #26

Hardcore BUSTie

Congrats on the weight loss Damona. Glad the critters seem to be totally gone.

Star that is really exciting. New job, new home.

Thanks for the perspective Sybarite - your article sounds fascinating. Do you go as far back as that show ...oh god what was it called 2525?...It was like Charlie's Angels, except with cyrogenics and space suits. It'll come to me..But yay for the hermit lifestyle :-)

(Speaking of storms - did anyone else in the North East/Ontario-Ohio just feel that Earthquake?)

+Quote Post
sybarite
post Jun 22 2010, 05:33 AM
Post #27

I kept coming across references to the recent storms in the midwest; glad to hear no-one here was affected directly. I like storms too but yeah, not when they reach havoc-creating proportions.

Thanks for the well-wishes for my cold--it finally ebbed away yesterday and I did manage to get work done through it, which I'm pleased about. I'm writing an academic article on sci-fi TV which is going well (so far: fingers remain crossed); probably because it is so much fun to write! It also keeps me from stressing too much about next year, which is currently somewhat up in the air work-wise. Other than this I have nothing to report: I am (happily, I must admit) being a complete hermit these days.

Damona, I seem to recall an urban myth that says hair grows back stronger once shaved... so your kidlets should have fine heads of hair again soon enough. I hope you get a sound diagnosis for your youngest soon, as well.

'K, must stop procrastinating... /vroom

+Quote Post
damona
post Jun 21 2010, 07:17 PM
Post #28

can i go to bed now?

the storms on friday were pretty freaky. (stargazer, i'm so glad the branch missed your car!) i was driving to my mom's and the sky went that creepy greenish/blueish/black that spells "tornado weather". i hit 75mph trying to beat the storm into town. almost made it. just a mile from my mom's the trees went from being normal, straight up trees, to scary things that were bent in half and breaking off around me and i swear, i couldn't see 3 feet in front of me for the rain. *shudders* i love thunderstorms, but that was a bit much for me. oh, and, half the tree over the playground in our backyard split off and is *ahem* still lying on the playground. love the management in this place sometimes...

saturday was my old friend's wedding. known the girl for... 15 years. since my sophmore year. i'm so glad to see her in a healthy relationship, and a happy one, i can't even begin to describe it. i have to say, her family is the huggingest kissingest bunch i've ever known lol.

father's day started off with a whimper, since i kind of overdid the dancing in high heels thing at the wedding, but it was (for once) a pretty calm, cool, peaceful day, just lazing around the house. my bgp stopped by after dropping her girls at camp and we grilled those skirt steaks. yumminess.

(x-posting this part to the mama thread) today... i took my youngest to the dr. there is something wrong with his feet and/or legs. he's been complaining of his legs hurting for months. always at night, after he's been lying down for a couple hours. it's not growing pains, it's been going on too consistently for too long. the other day, i was walking behind him, and i realized that he is walking on the inside of his foot, practically on his ankle bones. he didn't used to walk like that. the dr called it "pronation" and she's concerned because it's usually apparent from the time a child starts walking, not something that suddenly develops. i made an appointment for him to see the ortho, so... i guess we'll just wait and see what he says.

oh goody, we're under a tornado watch again :/ time to get off the computer, i guess.

--------------------
"give me life, give me pain, give me myself again" - tori amos

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Jun 18 2010, 09:27 PM
Post #29

brown delicious

Congrats on the weight loss, D! smile.gif

I move this Fall which is also when my position starts.

kvetch: The wind! It got a little scary here with all of the storms. A branch fell off our tree in front of our house and just missed my car. Phew! Thank you car goddesses!

undie report: black bra sans bra right now.

(((kvetchies)))

--------------------

+Quote Post
damona
post Jun 17 2010, 11:03 PM
Post #30

can i go to bed now?

((((suk)))) i'm so sorry that the craft fair didn't go well. i hope that things improve for you with your website and all. ~*~*~*~calm and happy vibes~*~*~*~

((((syb)))) i hope you're feeling better. summer colds are the worst. ~*~*~*~feel better vibes~*~*~*~

star, moving is always interesting. and best of luck with your new job! when does that start? ~*~*~*~sanity in moving vibes~*~*~*~*

so far so good. no signs of the creepy little crawlers coming back. my bald little children still weird me out a little. dai and little w both look so much older with all their hair gone. it's just odd. i'm still doing mountains of laundry (i swear, the stuff multiples when i'm not looking), but the worst seems to have passed *knocks on wood*

we walked to the farmers market today. it was gorgeous out. and i got grass-fed skirt steaks, free-range eggs, 3 quarts of amazing strawberries that were picked this morning, fresh made kettle corn and farmers cheese. not too much in the way of veggies yet, and no cherries sad.gif the orchard owner said the birds beat him to most of them. dang it. plus it was a 2 mile hike, roughly, and we took little d and little w with, so they were good and tired by the time we got home, which was a definite plus.

oh, and, i stepped on the scale this morning and *drumroll please...* i've officially lost 17 pounds in 7 weeks! woo!

--------------------

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Jun 15 2010, 07:36 PM
Post #31

brown delicious

Oh wow. Lots of hugs to go 'round!

(((suko))) Sorry to hear about the craft fair.

*~*~*Get Well Soon Vibes for Syb*~*~*

(((Damona))) I hope things have quieted down for you.

So, I found a place and got approved for it. It is hard to believe I am moving again. It is hard to believe I will be starting a new job. Excited and scared all at once.

(((Kvetchies)))

--------------------

+Quote Post
sybarite
post Jun 15 2010, 06:08 AM
Post #32

Sukouyant, it's not actually until the start of July so am trying not to think about it until closer to the time, but cheers for your well wishes! I'm sorry things went badly at the craft fair; it's not the same thing but I freelanced for years (journalism) and can empathise with the cycle of pitching your work, putting yourself out there, and then being disappointed. As you say, don't let this setback stop you!

Damona, wow. What a nightmare. Sounds like you dealt with it all superbly; I probably would have lost it when I first found the wee critters. Hope all is well now and that you got to rest and recover from the experience.

I am battling a head cold and working on a book proposal; I want to make the best use of my working-at-home time. It's not hot here but at least the sun is shining...

+Quote Post
sukouyant
post Jun 13 2010, 09:05 AM
Post #33

Hardcore BUSTie

Hell's Bells Damona that's craaazy..Someone explain to me why a guy didn't suddenly jump out of the closet and yell "Surprise! You're on Candid Camera!" At least you know the worst is over now. I mean it's gotta be.

Billybonka I'm wishing good things for you and your dad.

Sybarite congrats on the job interview. How did it go?

Re heat: it's finally gone down up here - much more spring-like, less terryingly hot.

I just got back from a big much anticipated craft fair and am appreciating the sit down time/recovery. It went really badly, like ultimately to the point of tears in the arms of my ever-loving guy when I could finally let it all out.

It was my first big one and I had worked extra hard to get in after being passed over initially. I invested a wad of cash, time time time making my product, perfecting my display, crossed the border, all full of optimism and (over!!) confidence that I had made something people would want/be interested in, and was just left feeling like a fool. Like what the hell am I trying to do. It was rough on a lot of levels that I won't even go into here. And bitter because I know that I really did my best and still the result was very poor.

Still doing the post-mortem. Thankfully I have a friend to bail me out $$ in the short term so at least that stress is not there and it leaves room for some constructive thinking in my head. Optimism is kicking in now a few days later and I'm taking time to renovate my website, price structures, and applied to a local fair and will apply to another one today. See what happens. Hoping that my "best" can get better. Eye of the tiger! lol

+Quote Post
damona
post Jun 12 2010, 12:12 AM
Post #34

can i go to bed now?

(((((((((((busties))))))))))))

*warning - endless bitching ahead*

so. at 4am my 9yo gets up cuz he's hot, and thirsty, and has a sunburn so he's uncomfortable all around. so i put aloe on the back of his neck, which is the most scorched (games day for the last day of school. i forgot to send sunscreen. bad mommy.) as i'm rubbing the aloe in, i notice a little dark spot in his hair. and another. and another. so i pick them out, and guess what it is? no, no, please, guess...

head lice. motherfucking head lice. on the first day of summer vacation. so i think that it's not so bad, i only saw a couple, and i didn't spot any nits or anything, so i picked them out, kinda thought i'd got it before it got too bad, y'know? anyway, it's 4am. so i sent him back to bed, said we'd deal with it in the morning. just in case, i soak my hair in vinegar and braid it wet, as tight as i can.

in the morning, i check him in the sunlight and discover that i was horribly, horribly wrong. and it's not just him. it's all 4 of them. all. 4. kids. and i can't use the chemical shampoo stuff on them, b/c they're all too sensitive. *headdesk* so. out comes the shaver. i laid out the options to the oldest and youngest, who both had really long hair. dai chose to let me (well, our sitter actually did it) buzz him (he had lovely, thick, straight, just below his shoulders dark blond hair) along with little z and little d. little w, however, who hasn't had a haircut in almost 4 years, wanted to keep his long. so we started combing. and combing. and combing.

meanwhile, my husband has panicked and gone to mal-wart, and gotten his head shaved *sob* 15 inches cut off. he looks so weird! so when he gets home, little w takes one look at him and announces "i want to be bald, too!" so i shaved him, too. he had dark blond, silky, wavy/curly, absolutely gorgeous hair that was to his waist. he loved to have me just brush and brush and then braid it for him. i nearly cried when i turned the razor on.

so then i slathered the whole crew in mayonnaise, put shower caps on them, and made them sit with it on for about 3 1/2 hours. i made them help me strip the beds, gather all the pillows and stuffed animals, etc, and haul it all downstairs for a nice hot bleaching. i also got tea tree oil and made a good strong solution and sprayed everything that was soft that i couldn't fit in the washer. thank the gods that my washer got fixed, finally.

i forced the mr to let me order pizza and fries for dinner. we broke into the emergency fund. as far as i was concerned, this was a frickin emergency.did i mention that it was about 95 degrees in my apartment? and so humid that my jeans were soaked from sweat? it was like having a sauna while fully dressed. no fucking way was i going to cook after dealing with all this. of course, i'd lost my purse, and car keys... and totally freaked out and stood in the middle of my living room sobbing, since it was such a hellish day, i really didn't know what else to do. there just didn't seem to be a better option. but i found it in the car and food was had by all.

so i then spend over an hour washing out the mayo, combing their 1/4 inch of remaining hair, scrubbing, combing, scrubbing... i washed each kid 3 separate times. i swear, i don't have any fingerprints left. then i sprayed them all with the tea tree oil solution, just for good measure.

at that point, the mr has left for work and i'm trying to deal with 4 freaked out, overtired kids by myself, and i was so exhausted that i could literally hardly lift my arms, so i called the boy and he came over and helped me remake the beds and get them all tucked in and settled. this was at 11pm. i hadn't sat down for 12 straight hours.

so. that was my horrible day. tomorrow, i get to strip the beds again, bleach everything again, continue combing and checking and washing everything in the frickin house...

if you got this far, thank you for listening to my rant. if you just skipped ahead to read the ending, that's ok too. i feel better for having poured it all out here, even if no one actually reads it. smile.gif or maybe that's the vicodin and mountain dew combo. either way. lol. goodnight!

--------------------

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Jun 11 2010, 07:21 PM
Post #35

brown delicious

Damona, I often seem to lose many a sock. Not sure what happens to them.

Syb, thanks for your support! smile.gif

It is really muggy outside. Part of me wants to go out, but, I have to head out early tomorrow to look for an apartment. I'm having lots of different emotions as I prepare to move again. First things first, I need to find a place to live.

undie report: grey boycut underwear sans bra

(((busties)))

--------------------

+Quote Post
damona
post Jun 6 2010, 09:36 PM
Post #36

can i go to bed now?

who would have thought that doing laundry was a serious workout? laugh.gif yesterday, my bgp and i took all the laundry that i haven't been able to keep caught up with (my washer has been broken for months, so i was doing the bare minimum at the boy's place) and we went off to the laundromat. 4 1/2 hours and 60 bucks later, i swore i was going to donate a huge amount of clothes. how many fricken different kinds of white socks can there be? and why is there always an odd one that seems to be a different colour? i have at least a dozen socks that don't match anything. i don't get it. oh, and, the next kid that tells me "mom, i don't have any t-shirts" is gonna get bopped upside the head tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
sybarite
post Jun 4 2010, 01:08 PM
Post #37

(((Billy and family))) So sorry to hear your news: so much to cope with at one time. I am glad to hear you (and your dad) sounding so positive for the future though--which is as it should be. I know another bustie lost her mother to Alzheimer's and felt relief for similar reasons. All the best of luck for your dad's (ongoing) recovery.

Miz Mando--yes, all is calmer on the domestic front. I still don't see myself as a natural parental figure but I try to be consistent at least--and I take a lot of me time. Vibes enroute to you for your sonogram results!

SG, such awesome news about the new job: you continue to inspire me! Great to see such good things happening for you.

Busy day at the end of a busy week--but at least now I'm working on my own stuff rather than teaching, which is awesome. Scored a job interview which is encouraging and cheered me up. The weather here has turned warm and sunny; no need for the AC but it makes for a pleasant change.

(Black mesh knickers and nude bra. Happy Friday!)

+Quote Post
damona
post Jun 4 2010, 01:04 PM
Post #38

can i go to bed now?

((((((((billy))))))))) i'm sorry to hear about your mom, and i hope your dad gets better fast. (((((((billy)))))))

mando, how's it going? did you get your results back? all is well, i hope. ~*~*~*~*~*~happy, healthy vibes~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

my monsters are doing pretty good, they're all huge... Dai is 11, little Z is 9 (tomorrow!), little D is 7, and baby W isn't a baby anymore... he's 5!

Dai is at that stage of outgrowing his shoes about every 3 months, likes his hair long (past his shoulders, now), on the "a" honor roll, and first chair cello in the school orchestra.

little Z just had me shave his head cuz he "wants to be bald". he's my most calm and quiet (but most stubborn!) kiddo. we're homeschooling him next year, b/c the school system is just not doing him any favours.

little D is nearly as tall as Dai, learning to read, and spends as much time as he can outside riding his bike. i've still got him on the gluten and dairy free diet, and he does great as long as we stick to it.

baby W... sorry... little W is a holy terror. the kid never stops moving, unless he's playing a video game (lego star wars is his favourite). he won't let me cut his hair, and he has gorgeous, dark blond, wavy locks, to his waist. can't believe hes starting kindergarten next fall.

so, that's the news from my side of town smile.gif

i was going to post something else, but i forgot. oh well. later.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post Jun 3 2010, 06:26 PM
Post #39

sassygrrl

***delurks***

(((billy))))

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Jun 3 2010, 04:37 PM
Post #40

brown delicious

(((billy)))

--------------------

+Quote Post

562 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 31, 2014 - 02:35 AM