Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 223 224 225 226 227 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
sassy
post Dec 20 2006, 12:07 AM
Post #4481

Hardcore BUSTie

Sorry to hear everyone is having a bad couple of days. sad.gif Not to say my BV is completely under control but I feel like I'm managing a little better. The folic acid helps me and I still use the boric acid vaginally about twice a week at night. I also remembered yesterday that I had bought the hydrogen peroxide. Since I could never find anything to get it up inside my vagina (some girls were using a funnel), I just poured it around my genital area in the shower yesterday and then today, my smell was gone. I still had some discharge but it was different than my BV discharge. So yeah, I didn't even put it inside my vagina and the hydrogen peroxide helped. Has everyone else tried it? All of these methods don't cure BV but they are helping so that's something I guess until we find some kind of cure. *sigh* Stay positive girls! biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Eralc Alegna
post Dec 19 2006, 06:13 PM
Post #4482

BUSTie

Deprime, I feel for you. I can smell myself sometimes, but have never had someone else comment that I wasn't sleeping with. I can't imagine how traumatizing that would be. I don't know what to tell you, nothing I've tried helps my BV and yours seems to be even worse.
I'm doing folic acid and b-vitamins, boric at night and acidophillus during the day and pretty much nothing has changed. I was due to get my next gardasil shot next week and was going to have another culture done while trying to pressure them into doing blood work and checking hormones and shit. Problem is I found out yesterday I have no insurance anymore! I was dropped from my mom's policy without notice and am now stuck with a $310 bill to pay. Plus i can't get the next shot which means I have to start the entire series over when I can get insurance. So now not only am I completely on my own to try and solve the BV thing, but I'm stuck with a huge debt for ABSOLUTELY NOTHING and no insurance or protection from cancer and warts.

Canada anyone??

+Quote Post
pianogirl
post Dec 19 2006, 02:58 PM
Post #4483

Hardcore BUSTie

Hello Ladies,

Neverending where did you buy estriol suppositories? I am 25 and would like to try them...my BV started almost 2 years ago when I had gotten on BC pills (which I will never take again).

Please let me know..I am also taking folic acid everyday 800mg.

Thanks

PG

+Quote Post
deprime
post Dec 19 2006, 02:08 PM
Post #4484

BUSTie

thanks for the advice ladies... I generally try to avoid any feminine sprays (I think thats what brought on the incurable BV in the first place). At this point (four years and counting!), I'm simultaneously trying to work this out gradually from the inside while covering it up at the same time. If I could take six months off of work and admit myself into some sort of intense treatment facility, I would -- but I don't have the time or money for that.

neverending: I tried the boric acid (Yeast Arrest suppositories), and they only made things worse. I don't understand! I think I'm going to make another appointment with my so-far unhelpful gyno.

+Quote Post
autumnbreeze
post Dec 19 2006, 01:13 PM
Post #4485

BUSTie

deprime: I can empathize with you. I know how embarrassing it is when someone else gets a whiff. That happened to me ONE time when I first got BV and I swore I would never let it happen again. My advice would be to use a good odor-absorbing pad or pantiliner (I use Always brand pantiliners, you won't even feel it) and occasionally a lightly scented fem spray. When getting dressed, I put on my undies with a liner then spray a little fem spray around that general area--outside the panties, then put on pants/skirt. When I do this, no one can smell the odor, only myself when I use the bathroom. Depending on your odor/discharge, you may have to use more than one liner/pad a day. Hope this helps.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Dec 19 2006, 12:04 PM
Post #4486

Hardcore BUSTie

deprime:Don't give up! Keep doing what you are doing because in the long run it will help.Have you tried the boric acid? That should help cover it up for the party.If not try RePhresh! I think that should hold you over also.If all else fails plug it up with a tampon.I hate to say it like that but how else could I have said it. Sorry about your job.People suck sometimes! I remember people saying things like that to me and I don't think they realize how devastating this is for us.I finally got rid of mine a month ago(knock on wood) I used the estriol suppositories and folic acid. I also became a vegan oops pesco-vegan and I make sure I eat some kind of yougurt everyday.I'm hoping by the middle of next year I won't even have to worry about taking all this stuff anymore.Stay strong and remember you are not alone.

Happy Chanukah!

+Quote Post
deprime
post Dec 19 2006, 11:28 AM
Post #4487

BUSTie

Ok... so here's my update: I've been taking the folic acid (800 mcg/day), drinking one tbsp of liquid chlorophyll/day in water, and doing the regular probiotic stuff (two acidophilus supplements/day)... none of this has worked (and I've been doing it for more than a week now.) I'll keep going at it, because this is going to take time to cure...

But the smell is still there! It culminated last night when my manager at work came into the break room and said "EW! What is that SMELL?!" I wanted to cry, because I knew it was me.

I don't know what to do. I'm actually quitting this crappy job in a couple weeks, because I feel like I've worn out my welcome (and it's a bad job.) Anyway, tonight I'm off to a Chanukah party at a friend's... I really want to go but I don't want to smell. Anyone have suggestions as to how to cover this up?

+Quote Post
autumnbreeze
post Dec 18 2006, 03:15 PM
Post #4488

BUSTie

mfc10: Nope, mine is fairly constant whether I eat fish or not. I wish it was that simple for me!

+Quote Post
maggalicious
post Dec 18 2006, 10:55 AM
Post #4489

Hmmm...interesting!
I just want to say I think the chlorophyll is helping, the discharge has thinned to the consistency of water which sounds like could be due to the folic acid...the smell is WAY down as well.

+Quote Post
mfc10
post Dec 18 2006, 06:28 AM
Post #4490

BUSTie

Hi, Ladies: I was just wondering---I have had recurrent BV, but never had much trouble with odor--mainly an irritating discharge was the symptom that used to drive me to the gyno (until I discovered using boric acid and tea tree oil suppositories as preventives). BUT here's tyhe thing: If I eat most any kind of fish or use Caesar dressing (that contains anchovies) or take fish-oil capsules, the fish odor comes out in my vaginal secretions like crazy! This has occurred since I was a teenager (I'm 50 now). If I stay away from the aforementioned food items & capsules, I have no fishy smell. Just wondred if any of you are having that happen & are, perhaps, mistaking that odor for another bout of BV?

Take care!
Maggie C.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Dec 17 2006, 11:53 AM
Post #4491

Hardcore BUSTie

jewelscando:Damn! I'm sorry to hear about that jewels. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Eralc Alegna
post Dec 16 2006, 11:37 PM
Post #4492

BUSTie

I've been waiting to post anything in the hopes of being able to bring good news but now I'm just not sure. I took all my metrogel (about 2 weeks), bought some keifer to drink in the morning, been taking folic and b-suppliments for about 2-3 weeks now, and went back on boric. I do boric at night and acidophillus vaginaly in the mornings. I think it's helping. the past day or so there seems to be less discharge and when i do have some it's thicker and more mucous-y now, but in the good normal-ish way. When it's thinner the smell is still very much there. I'm hoping it's working it's way out.

WHEN WILL IT EVER END!?!?!?!?

Sorry to hear about the rash Jewels, it sounded for a while like the boric might not be the issue. But definitely toss the cigs. I did when i heard about it's relation to BV and although it didn't exactly cure me it sure as hell was worth it in many respects. GOOD LUCK!!!!

+Quote Post
D double U
post Dec 16 2006, 10:51 AM
Post #4493

BUSTie

Awww, Im sorry Jewels we'll keep finding a solution. And one day soon maybe we can end this mess

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Dec 16 2006, 01:59 AM
Post #4494

Hardcore BUSTie

Well ladies, it looks as though I must say goodbye to Boric Acid. My rash was completely gone, and so I went back on Boric, just twice a week, and now, my rash is back, full blown. I wonder why I'm alergic to it? It really sucks, because it does work.

I'm still on the folic acid. I don't think it's really doing anything, but, I know it isn't bad for me.

My next step, quit smoking.

+Quote Post
mesquitetree
post Dec 15 2006, 01:23 PM
Post #4495

Folic acid update: Still excellent results. I started taking very end of November and experienced a huge huge change. I'm a lazy pill taker though and slacked this week and have noticed a bit of difference. Back on trying to be vigilant again. I'm going to look into those B vitamins to maybe totally get rid of the BV (and it's probably good for me anyway). Sorry if the folic isn't working for everyone. If someone hasn't tried it yet, it's definitely worth it.

Oh, and I'm taking 800 mcg folic acid (Solaray brand, but I don't think that matters) once a day with food. There were 400 mcg doses on the shelf too, but I went for the full strength.

QUOTE(pianogirl @ Dec 11 2006, 10:34 AM) *

I just wanted to add this information which I found on a website:

Oral Contraceptives
"Some research shows that women who use oral contraceptives may be at a higher risk for developing cervical dysplasia. However, it is not clear if the risk is directly attributable to the contraceptives themselves. One reason may be that oral contraceptives interfere with folic acid metabolism in the cells around the cervix, and folic acid may help prevent or improve cervical dysplasia. Another reason may be that women using this method of birth control may have increased exposure to sexually transmitted diseases, compared to those who rely on a barrier method such as a condom."
http://www.womenshealthchannel.com/cervica...sia/index.shtml

I dont know if any of you ladies where also diagnosed with cervical dyplasia / HPV..I know I was..

Interesting, pianogirl! Hmm. I've been diagnosed at some point (probably points) with HPV and am currently using birth control pills. Good find linking folic acid reduction with the pill.

+Quote Post
maggalicious
post Dec 14 2006, 10:28 PM
Post #4496

I think it is definetly diet related as well. I've been taking the B vitamins and Folic and Chlorophyll for 48 hours...I don't really see any change at this point.

+Quote Post
autumnbreeze
post Dec 14 2006, 05:55 PM
Post #4497

BUSTie

Hi Everyone,

It's been a while since I've been in here. A big welcome to the new people. I don't have much to report. I stopped taking the probiotics and started taking Folic Acid. I haven't noticed any change. So far, the only thing that works for me is the Peroxide douche. But something interesting happened the other day. First, let me say that my BV is "neverending" smile.gif meaning it's constant. It doesn't let up & then come back after having sex, etc. It's always there. But a few nights ago, I ate some food & drank some alcoholic beverages..they didn't agree and I vomited, YUCK. Well the next day, NO SYMPTOMS!!! WTH? I did not do/eat anything differently that day than I usually do. The only thing different was the vomiting. The following day, the symptoms were back. Hmmm. Now I really believe BV is nutritional or caused by something we are ingesting.
Do I have to become bulimic to control this sh%$#. ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
neverending
post Dec 13 2006, 02:40 PM
Post #4498

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey Ladies! I just wanted to stop by and say HELLO.I hope all is well. smile.gif
Neverending

+Quote Post
maggalicious
post Dec 13 2006, 11:23 AM
Post #4499

Yes, I got it at my local health food store, so , I'm imagining they would have it at other bigger places as you mentioned.
I started taking it yesterday, just got out of the shower, so I'm interested to see by the end of the day...
This one is called
Chlorofresh
liquid chlorophyll
Internal deodorant

The main ingredient is Alfalfa. The chemical that supposedly does the deodorizing is called Chlorophyllin Copper Complex.

It says its for reducing fecal and urinary odors from colostomys or incontinence.
Upon my online resarch, apparently its been used in nursing homes, etc for awhile.
Also when I read about this Bodymint product, the same chlorpphyll theory applies to bad breath, underarm odor, etc.
Bodymint.com
I figure I'll just get it straight from the chloryphyll source though. Less than $9 for a 16 fl oz bottle.
I hope this works!

+Quote Post
deprime
post Dec 13 2006, 08:59 AM
Post #4500

BUSTie

Well, I've been on the folic acid for another week, and although my discharge is better, I STILL have a smell. It's funny....i'd much rather have no smell and a little discharge than the smell. Granted, it'd be nice to be rid of them BOTH... but the smell is so embarrassing.

Is this liquid chlorophyll available at Whole Foods (and stores like it)? I might try it.

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 223 224 225 226 227 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
6 User(s) are reading this topic (6 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 1, 2014 - 12:43 PM