271 Pages V  « < 117 118 119 120 121 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
jularee
post Dec 27 2007, 11:33 PM
Post #2361

BUSTie

QUOTE(holly @ Dec 28 2007, 01:36 AM) *
Hi! I am new here, ive been reading all these posts and realize that i believe i have BV. I have been getting it on and off for years now. Ive noticed this time ive had symptoms for almost a week now. My boyfriend noticed the other night and said that "it smelled stinky." i was like great, now he noticed. ANyway..usually its gone away on its own but this time it doesnt seem that way.. im reading about the tree oil capsules? what do else do you girls suggest? Thank u so much!

Welcome to the board! Have you ever been diagnosed with BV by a physician?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jularee
post Dec 27 2007, 11:27 PM
Post #2362

BUSTie

QUOTE(Bella10 @ Dec 27 2007, 11:06 PM) *
To give an update I just returned from my apt with my new Dr and I am BV free. Unlike my other Dr who diagnosed me by eye this one took a culture and took my ph level which was a normal 4.5. The white discharge that I have she says is normal. Phew I didn't think I can take much more. She also said that she likes to prescribe AVC Cream so I don't know if any of you tried it yet but if not hey its worth a try. The cream treats both fungal and bacterial yeast infections concurrently. Its a suppository that you do two times a day in the morning and night, messy but not as nauseating as the effects of Flagyl. Anyway I feel very relieved but paranoid that it will come back so I am sure i will still be obsessed checking but lets keep our fingers crossed. Let me know if any of you tried this AVC cream.

At first I thought you were talking about ACV cream! (apple cider vinegar lol) Soooo I did a little research about the AVC cream for you. Most of what I found says it's used to treat fungal infections (yeast) but it does have a pH of 4.3 which will help healthy bacilli colonize in the vagina. It is a sulfa based drug so if you're allergic to sulfa please be careful. Don't want any allergic reactions happening! Hope everything works out. Keep us updated. smile.gif

+Quote Post
holly
post Dec 27 2007, 11:19 PM
Post #2363

Hi! I am new here, ive been reading all these posts and realize that i believe i have BV. I have been getting it on and off for years now. Ive noticed this time ive had symptoms for almost a week now. My boyfriend noticed the other night and said that "it smelled stinky." i was like great, now he noticed. ANyway..usually its gone away on its own but this time it doesnt seem that way.. im reading about the tree oil capsules? what do else do you girls suggest? Thank u so much!

+Quote Post
Bella10
post Dec 27 2007, 08:56 PM
Post #2364

BUSTie

QUOTE(kittykat @ Dec 26 2007, 10:36 PM) *
I don't get any odor when I have BV. The way that I can tell is I get a real thick discharge that never seems to end. That and my boyfriend can tell when I'm going to start getting it because he says I taste a little different when we have oral sex. Those are the ways I know that I'm getting BV. And it never fails, when I go to the doctor, I always confirm our predictions.

Oh ok I was just wondering becasue I get the opposite symptoms watery gray excessive discharge and odor. I guess it affects different people in different ways. The whole thing just sucks altogether.

+Quote Post
Bella10
post Dec 27 2007, 08:49 PM
Post #2365

BUSTie

To give an update I just returned from my apt with my new Dr and I am BV free. Unlike my other Dr who diagnosed me by eye this one took a culture and took my ph level which was a normal 4.5. The white discharge that I have she says is normal. Phew I didn't think I can take much more. She also said that she likes to prescribe AVC Cream so I don't know if any of you tried it yet but if not hey its worth a try. The cream treats both fungal and bacterial yeast infections concurrently. Its a suppository that you do two times a day in the morning and night, messy but not as nauseating as the effects of Flagyl. Anyway I feel very relieved but paranoid that it will come back so I am sure i will still be obsessed checking but lets keep our fingers crossed. Let me know if any of you tried this AVC cream.

+Quote Post
quietmadness
post Dec 27 2007, 06:37 PM
Post #2366

Hardcore BUSTie

Welp! Just ordered some tea tree oil and the tea tree oil supps from vitacost. We'll see what happens with this. I've also started eating a yogurt every day. The boric acid seems to be keeping the smell at bay, but it sux out LOUD because of the "drainage" that happens at night after putting it in.

I like to sleep nude, and the boric is rough on that, but hey...not as smelly. Can't win 'em all, right?

OMG...if someone invented a cure for this shit they'd be a go-zillion-aire! rolleyes.gif

--Quiet--

+Quote Post
ThisSux
post Dec 27 2007, 02:47 PM
Post #2367

BUSTie

He's coming back to town soon so obviously you can't fight off this aggressive little monster that quickly. Just try to neutralize the odor while he's in town. I doubt you can eliminate it completely but looks like your best bet would be to control it as much as you can. Lots of helpful advice on here. But I hear ya sister BV sufferer, the smell bothers me the most over the discharge, itching, etc.....which for me aren't that bad.

I'm taking tons of vitamins, I don't eat too much so I always knew I was vitamin deficient. Have you read through the vitamin portion of this thing? I read somewhere to give it a couple months before you see results so I guess patience......

+Quote Post
lalababy
post Dec 27 2007, 12:13 PM
Post #2368

Hi guys, this is my 1st time to the board. I too am suffering from chronic BV with a very bad musty smell. i've been on metrodiazonal cream for it seems like forever off and on atlease since after i had my child. well ladies ive been seeing someone for 4 years now who lives out of state wich is a good thing since me and sex are limited. hes about to be in town and i am plagued with yet again another bacterial infection and it seems like the boric acid and metro gell are not working. Any other suggestions i see tea tree oil is recommended alot here.

+Quote Post
lalababy
post Dec 27 2007, 12:08 PM
Post #2369

[

+Quote Post
lalababy
post Dec 27 2007, 12:07 PM
Post #2370

QUOTE(sassy @ Dec 26 2007, 04:05 AM) *
Hey guys...I don't post very often anymore (I don't feel I have anything useful in the way of cures to contribute) but I still read everyday. I'm still using boric acid to keep my BV under control. I'll definately have to do the capsules of tea tree oil though. I'm not surprised that it helps...tea tree oil is used for a lot of healing properties. I used it before with some success, but that was just putting it on a q-tip and not in a capsule.

kittykat: I've had BV on and off since I was 14...right before my first period and any sexual contact.

+Quote Post
jularee
post Dec 27 2007, 11:49 AM
Post #2371

BUSTie

Hi Ladies! Just wanted to give a quick update. Still doing quite well after finishing up the flagyl. Haven't been taking any supplements or doing anything preventive just to see how long the BV actually stays away this time.I just want to give my poor cooch a rest from everything. tongue.gif Had sex a few times with NO ODOR (yippee!). Nice normal clear discharge. I still constantly check to make sure the odor hasn't returned. If it does come back I will definitely give the tea tree oil a try. I have the exact same brand in my medicine cabinet that jewels told us about. I love the smell of tea tree oil. smile.gif

+Quote Post
quietmadness
post Dec 27 2007, 10:11 AM
Post #2372

Hardcore BUSTie

smile.gif Thanks Sassy!!

--Quiet--

+Quote Post
sassy
post Dec 27 2007, 05:53 AM
Post #2373

Hardcore BUSTie

quietmadness: I think tea tree oil smells good! It can be strong, though. I think it kind of smells minty or like incense.

+Quote Post
ThisSux
post Dec 27 2007, 12:03 AM
Post #2374

BUSTie

QUOTE(Italianwife88 @ Dec 26 2007, 05:03 PM) *
my husband dosnt get sick if we have unprotected sex.

Why does your hubby get sick when you have unprotected sex. Did the smell make him nauseous? I can't believe there are girls with BV with NO odor. How lucky can you get? I mean, BV sucks, no matter what but I'd rather have a million things wrong with me then smell stanky down there. It's so nasty and gross. How can a guy not be turned off by that? If a guy smelled foul when he took off his pants.....INSTANT TURN OFF!

+Quote Post
quietmadness
post Dec 26 2007, 11:17 PM
Post #2375

Hardcore BUSTie

Quick question: Can y'all tell me what the tea tree oil actually smells like?? I read a review on the last site link there, and it said it was stinky. Seems like it would definitely be an improvement over fish, though.

Anyone? Thanks...

--Quiet--

+Quote Post
kittykat
post Dec 26 2007, 09:19 PM
Post #2376

QUOTE(Bella10 @ Dec 26 2007, 05:58 PM) *
If you don't have a smelly discharge, how do you know you have BV? Disharge is normal and the consistency varies over the course of the month. Everyday about a teaspoon of discharge is released, do you think you are losing more than that? I know sometimes I get crazy of I see any discharge assuming I have BV and then I go to the Dr and they say it is a normal discharge.

I don't get any odor when I have BV. The way that I can tell is I get a real thick discharge that never seems to end. That and my boyfriend can tell when I'm going to start getting it because he says I taste a little different when we have oral sex. Those are the ways I know that I'm getting BV. And it never fails, when I go to the doctor, I always confirm our predictions.

+Quote Post
Bella10
post Dec 26 2007, 07:41 PM
Post #2377

BUSTie

QUOTE(Italianwife88 @ Dec 26 2007, 08:03 PM) *
Hi guys!

It's been a while since I've read or posted anything. I still have BV... not like I used to though. I dont have a smelly discharge or pain and my husband dosnt get sick if we have unprotected sex. I just still have this thin white discharge that sometimes come out alot (like my panties will be so soaked) is that normal? I've been using Ultimate Flora but the heath food store ran out so i'm on solaray 12 strain something or another, its not as strong.

I just went to the doctor today, I was peeing blood...another kidney infection. The doctor things its from taking a tub bath... could be right. I havent had a UTI in a while and now I got one, four days after taking a pretty long tub bath with bubbles and oil in it. I started cipro today and I'll finish with a difulcan for yeast (if i get yeast) and I'll be upping my pro-biotics to keep my good bacteria up. I would love to try those tea tree oil suppositories those look great.

congrats to all those who are in BV free!

If you don't have a smelly discharge, how do you know you have BV? Disharge is normal and the consistency varies over the course of the month. Everyday about a teaspoon of discharge is released, do you think you are losing more than that? I know sometimes I get crazy of I see any discharge assuming I have BV and then I go to the Dr and they say it is a normal discharge.

+Quote Post
konphusion26
post Dec 26 2007, 07:32 PM
Post #2378

Hardcore BUSTie

I guess the Boric is only working for a day or so at a time. Then the odor tries to come back with a vengeance. I think Im going to have to take the Flagyl for a few days and get a probiotic in the works. I'm so frustrated! It almost seems easier not to do anything and just deal with the odor LOL GOsh man! Anyway, good luck gals.

Also, do you think that receiving oral sex can trigger a BV/YI flare up?? I have been noticing a pattern here. But I think also that I'm just very sensitive to everything down there even clean hands. I just dont get it. I make him use protection too.

--------------------
Faith is hoping for and believing in things you cannot see!

+Quote Post
Italianwife88
post Dec 26 2007, 06:46 PM
Post #2379

BUSTie

Hi guys!

It's been a while since I've read or posted anything. I still have BV... not like I used to though. I dont have a smelly discharge or pain and my husband dosnt get sick if we have unprotected sex. I just still have this thin white discharge that sometimes come out alot (like my panties will be so soaked) is that normal? I've been using Ultimate Flora but the heath food store ran out so i'm on solaray 12 strain something or another, its not as strong.

I just went to the doctor today, I was peeing blood...another kidney infection. The doctor things its from taking a tub bath... could be right. I havent had a UTI in a while and now I got one, four days after taking a pretty long tub bath with bubbles and oil in it. I started cipro today and I'll finish with a difulcan for yeast (if i get yeast) and I'll be upping my pro-biotics to keep my good bacteria up. I would love to try those tea tree oil suppositories those look great.

congrats to all those who are in BV free!

+Quote Post
Bella10
post Dec 26 2007, 04:41 PM
Post #2380

BUSTie

QUOTE(fbgirl987 @ Dec 25 2007, 04:57 PM) *
I am still BV free as of now. So I think it will work for you as well. Hopefully. I hear it comes back so I am watching it. I am also using the Rephresh very 3 days. I feel kinda obsessed over this but I really, really don't want this to come back.
How did you know the ph level? Did you buy one of those testers?

I test the ph level using the Vagisil Screening Kit. I get them at Waldbaums although they had 4 on their shelves and I think I bought every single one hahaha...I hope they restock. Anyway since I am going to the new Dr tomorrow I want to be prepared so I figured I better test my level again so I did about an hour ago and it is normal 4.5 so I am happy that the Dr will have good news tomorrow...hopefully! Usually BV gives a ph result of 5.0 +. I do have a small amount of white discharge after the flagyl so I will see what she says. I refuse at this point to take any meds without a culture being done. So I just picked up my full medical record from my old dr and I am all set. I know exactly what you mean by obsessed. I had BV once in 8/06 and then again this past summer and for the two times I had it it has me obsessed. I am still not sure if I had it 3 weeks ago becasue my Dr examined me and disagnosed me by eye hopefully my new Dr will be smarter. Anyway this has made me so obsessed I am constantly examining myself, eating yogurt, taking acidopoulous and also cleaning myself off with baby wipes or showering after sex with my bf. What exactly is rephresh? I've heard of it but not sure what it is. Also I am going to ask the dr if there is any way to test my hormone levels. I read that BV can be common if Estrogen levels are off. I read a posting by a girl that was on birth control for a long time and came off and had BV recurrences ever since. It ended up she was Estrogen Dominant and went back on the pill and she was fine. I was actually on the pill for 10 years with my first relationship and came off afer we broke up and had BV twice ever since. I actually just started the pill this past Sunday so hopefully that will help too. Sorry for rambling on it is just mentally draining. I just hate that I can't pinpoint a cause of this!!

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 117 118 119 120 121 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 19, 2014 - 07:49 PM