Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 146 147 148 149 150 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
ICPrincess
post Aug 9 2007, 11:31 AM
Post #2941

QUOTE(neverending @ Aug 9 2007, 12:49 PM) *
ICPrincess: How do you know if a laser place is legit? What kind of laser did they use on you? I'm looking for a place to get this done. Any suggestions? wink.gif

Hey there,

I found out by going to a message board and just listening to the horror stories. Then I had my own personal horror story at a Pennsylvania Sona Med center and learned the hard way. I don't know if you are allowed to post links but here is a really informative board on the subject. You can learn a lot from this place about Laser Hair Removal and the various lasers.

I will tell you that the Candela Gentlelase is about the most effective I have ever found. It's an expensive laser so the treatments might be more but I can't believe the results I have gotten with that one. I have had three others used on me and I literally threw my money away. I made it very clear to Sona med that I was only there because they advertised this particular laser. I went in and explained this to the sales manager and she assured me that I would only be treated on that laser (They have another one which most people are not fond of called the Soprano as it does next to nothing). They pulled a complete bait and switch on me. The day she told me this to get me to sign up I had a nurse there admit that the laser I wanted was already failing and it was being phased out! That I would be treated on the Soprano! I was furious. I tried to get my money back but they would not refund me. I went to the appointment to give it a chance after they did this whole song and dance and sure enough after two appointments I saw absolutely no results. To add insult to injury the second treatment was on my labia and bikini area and they did the goofiest thing I have ever seen done in my life. They use gel which makes things slippery and is unnecessary to begin with. They put gel all over that area then they use a flat popsicle stick to cover your clitoral area and shoot around it with nothing more then this popsicle stick to protect that area! I thought they were kidding me but they assured me that this is how its always done there. I voiced my concern and she promised not to hit any tender areas and damn if she didn't hit me dead center! I jumped off the table and was really upset at that point. I knew it. It was an accident waiting to happen. First it was a laser I would have never signed up for and then they hit me with it in a dangerous spot. The sales manager lied over and over again to me on so many occasions that it was stunning actually. They would not refund me for what I paid in advance (they always try to sucker you into these packages and paying up front). I am also making a long story short. You would not believe the lies my husband and I dealt with from this place. He was there with me when I went and was just as stunned as I was by their behavior and the way they chose to conduct business. Make sure to check the BBB to see how many complaints a place has (they have several) and do a bit of research.

Be careful. There are some very disreputable places out there but also some really good ones. Most plastic surgeon offices offer laser hair removal and they are a better bet. American Laser Centers has a really bad rep as well. I would go have a look at what people have to say and then at least you have somewhere to draw from. The Candela actually gives me the most clearance I have ever had from any of them. Alexandrite lasers are the best. Here is a link to that board if it's permissible. It has helped many of us that were looking into getting this done. smile.gif

Laser hair removal is not perfect. In fact any reputable place will tell you that they cannot guarantee total removal (The FDA won't allow this but a few scammers still lie and tell people what they want to hear). It will greatly reduce the hair and in some area's it may indeed be permanent. My underarms have never grown back and I am not even done with my treatments because they are usually spaced 2 months apart because of hair growth cycles.

http://messageboards.makemeheal.com/viewfo...fc965a5644f8f8d
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
neverending
post Aug 9 2007, 10:32 AM
Post #2942

Hardcore BUSTie

ICPrincess: How do you know if a laser place is legit? What kind of laser did they use on you? I'm looking for a place to get this done. Any suggestions? wink.gif

+Quote Post
Morphia
post Aug 9 2007, 02:03 AM
Post #2943

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey. Here for an update. I did the two weeks of Clindamycin and the estrogen cream and I didn't get a yeast infection. It also didn't take care of the strep or the gardnerella (the gardnerella went away until I started my period TWO DAYS after I finished the medicine mad.gif ). So now I'm on Levaquin for 7 days. I've taken 2 pills and I already don't feel that its going to work. Its definitely working on the gardnerella (no smell) but not the strep. It seriously has gotten to where I can tell very early on whether or not I'm wasting my time. I mean, think about it. I was on CLINDAMYCIN for TWO WEEKS followed by estrogen cream and I didn't get a yeast infection. My only theory on that one is that my vagina is so overrun with bacteria that yeast doesn't have a chance.

I also remember telling you guys that I was going to get tested for herpes. Well, I did and it came back negative. So, I know its not that. This strep is tearing my vagina apart.

+Quote Post
ICPrincess
post Aug 8 2007, 01:12 PM
Post #2944

QUOTE(neverending @ Aug 8 2007, 11:35 AM) *
welcome to the forum! I also cut everything down there off. How much was it to get it lasered off and do you have to shave every now and then or is the hair gone for good?

Thank you for the welcome! biggrin.gif

I actually have two more treatments to complete the process (you get 5 treatments for a certain price). I must admit it's been working rather well. There is still a slight bit of hair but it's getting finer and is barely there. I look bald but I can feel a bit of fine hair in certain spots. I think by the last treatment I will probably see that gone or greatly reduced. It's been nice to not feel or see hair there for once! It was very expensive but I got a special deal because I had more area's done at once. They give you a better package deal at most laser hair removal centers (whatever you do stay away from Sona Med or American Laser centers...they have ripped a great many off)! I learned the hard way and ended up at a medical center that does it.

For some people the hair is pretty much gone for good but for others it is greatly reduced. It's hard to know who will end up with what because of many determining factors. I am a perfect candidate because I have pale skin and dark hair. The laser attacks the hair better for darker haired people who have fair skin though nowadays they make lasers specifically for darker skinned people. I think it's worth it. It hurts but because it's such a small area, I slather on LMX cream (Drugstore.Com has it the cheapest) and it really numbs me up. I would not recommend putting any numbing cream on large areas of the body. Deaths have resulted from overuse but area's like the labia, upper lip, under arms and bikini line are fine. It helps a lot with the pain.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Aug 8 2007, 09:18 AM
Post #2945

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(ICPrincess @ Aug 8 2007, 11:41 AM) *
Hey guys,

I'm new. I have severe IC (Interstitial Cystitis) so I have to be careful about what I use that won't irritate this problem. I am also at my wits end. I am the cleanest person the planet. I keep everything fresh and clean and still I have to deal with the smell. Not always but usually. It does seem to be completely aggravated by hormones and bacteria of any kind.

I haven't read through but a handful of pages so far but someone mentioned bleeding while on Flagyl and wondered if this was normal. Any time you use any antibiotic, it throws your hormones off (which is why they tell you to use another form of birth control while on them). It always makes me spot no matter what antibiotic I use. If I use Omnicef (Sinus infections), Augmentin Flagyl or anything like this I bleed and spot. My uncle is a family doctor and he says this happens to a lot of women. It's not the Flagyl specifically. It's antibiotics in general. In fact when I have to take Augmentin I cringe because I know my period will be all screwed up and off schedule.

Metrogel seems to be the best thing I have found so far. None of the gynecologists I've ever gone to have a problem with giving me prescriptions for this with refills. They now have a generic (finally)! It's half the price called Vandazole. I wish that RePHresh worked because it does for some women but the applicator is utterly ridiculous! It's super expensive and all you get are 4 of those things and only half of the product comes out! I am trying to find Acid Jelly because they say that Aci-Jel is now OTC but I can't find it anywhere. It is what RePHresh is but cheaper and with an applicator so that you can at least get the product out correctly. Those "Fresh Again" suppositories did help a lot with my PH and smell but it always leaks out (very runny stuff as soon as it dissolves) and burns the hell out of my vaginal area. I have IC and it aggravates it a lot. Otherwise that was pretty decent. Norforms help in a pinch because they dissolve and make your vaginal area smell fresh temporarily (it's internal and better then those damn sprays that do nothing for the internal aspect which is really the problem). I do know that having hair down there makes it worse. I had two doctors tell me that straight up. God gave us this hair so it's not our fault but apparently it holds odor and traps secretions that can smell so I had all mine lasered off (yes it hurt)! It has helped and it feels nice and smooth down there but does not take care of the internal aspect.

Anyway I have lots of catching up to do so off to read more. Thank GOD for this forum. I am so glad I stumbled on this! smile.gif

welcome to the forum! I also cut everything down there off. How much was it to get it lasered off and do you have to shave every now and then or is the hair gone for good?

+Quote Post
ICPrincess
post Aug 8 2007, 04:24 AM
Post #2946

Hey guys,

I'm new. I have severe IC (Interstitial Cystitis) so I have to be careful about what I use that won't irritate this problem. I am also at my wits end. I am the cleanest person the planet. I keep everything fresh and clean and still I have to deal with the smell. Not always but usually. It does seem to be completely aggravated by hormones and bacteria of any kind.

I haven't read through but a handful of pages so far but someone mentioned bleeding while on Flagyl and wondered if this was normal. Any time you use any antibiotic, it throws your hormones off (which is why they tell you to use another form of birth control while on them). It always makes me spot no matter what antibiotic I use. If I use Omnicef (Sinus infections), Augmentin Flagyl or anything like this I bleed and spot. My uncle is a family doctor and he says this happens to a lot of women. It's not the Flagyl specifically. It's antibiotics in general. In fact when I have to take Augmentin I cringe because I know my period will be all screwed up and off schedule.

Metrogel seems to be the best thing I have found so far. None of the gynecologists I've ever gone to have a problem with giving me prescriptions for this with refills. They now have a generic (finally)! It's half the price called Vandazole. I wish that RePHresh worked because it does for some women but the applicator is utterly ridiculous! It's super expensive and all you get are 4 of those things and only half of the product comes out! I am trying to find Acid Jelly because they say that Aci-Jel is now OTC but I can't find it anywhere. It is what RePHresh is but cheaper and with an applicator so that you can at least get the product out correctly. Those "Fresh Again" suppositories did help a lot with my PH and smell but it always leaks out (very runny stuff as soon as it dissolves) and burns the hell out of my vaginal area. I have IC and it aggravates it a lot. Otherwise that was pretty decent. Norforms help in a pinch because they dissolve and make your vaginal area smell fresh temporarily (it's internal and better then those damn sprays that do nothing for the internal aspect which is really the problem). I do know that having hair down there makes it worse. I had two doctors tell me that straight up. God gave us this hair so it's not our fault but apparently it holds odor and traps secretions that can smell so I had all mine lasered off (yes it hurt)! It has helped and it feels nice and smooth down there but does not take care of the internal aspect.

Anyway I have lots of catching up to do so off to read more. Thank GOD for this forum. I am so glad I stumbled on this! smile.gif

+Quote Post
neverending
post Aug 7 2007, 12:09 PM
Post #2947

Hardcore BUSTie

How much folic acid is too much? Isn't 1200 mg to much?

+Quote Post
cinderflower
post Aug 6 2007, 11:16 PM
Post #2948

BUSTie

I have been trying to find somewhere online where I can buy viles of b-complex... and just give myself injections ..surely if one can order every other drug under the sun off the internet, I could buy this online too? The liquid sublingual tastes like shit, and I would rather just do that, and not have to go to the doctor for them. I mean if junkies can find their vein to shoot-up in ..then I think I can manage to give myself B injections.

So if anyone comes across that let me know......

hahahaha. I'm just laughing because this is the most cost effective ways to do it but unfortunately, most people interested in giving themselves B-12 injections aren't the same market and there's no money in it.

If you can find someone who's diabetic, you can easily get the needles--but a nurse practitioner should probably instruct you on how to give yourself subcu's (because you don't want to give yourself an abscess like Anna Nicole). The more difficult thing to get might be the injectable B vitamin without a script. Just ask your doctor. If he won't do it, ask someone else. See if you can get it from a homeopath. You could also ask a home healthcare RN. My doctor gave me mine no problem, but I had been seeing her for twelve years and she knew the only reason I wanted to do it myself was to save money and time and not because I'm a needle freak. Good luck with that--you really should be able to do it. But you also want to have your blood panels done because you don't want to OD on anything that's injectable.

--------------------
There are more seams to me than there seem to be. ~me, circa 2001.

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post Aug 6 2007, 10:49 PM
Post #2949

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(sassy @ Aug 6 2007, 03:59 PM) *
Well I'm depressed...I have been taking the folic acid and B-6 for a couple of weeks and nothing has changed whatsoever. I don't think anything will ever work for me. I've tried everything under the sun.

I'm going on my honeymoon in a couple of weeks and since boric acid would probably be taken away on a plane (i.e. it's a powdery substance and I wouldn't want to explain why I had it) do you guys think I could take the Yeast Arrest suppositories in my carry-on? They don't have to be refridgerated and it would clearly state on the package what the product was. I have to take something to keep the smell away or I won't have any fun on my trip sad.gif This is dumb. I shouldn't have to worry about my vagina while I'm trying to plan a wedding.

you should be able to put boric acid in your bags that you check. just don't bring it in the carry on. i'm sorry that you have to go through this wile you're trying to plan a wedding, that must be hard. but i guess just make the best of it and use the boric acid to keep it away for now. good luck. feel better.

+Quote Post
britt8705
post Aug 6 2007, 10:12 PM
Post #2950

BUSTie

Hello everyone! I have been taken B-6 100mg along with Acidophilus pills twice a day for the pass week so far the symptons have lighten up but not completely. I was wondering what if I start taking B-complex 200 mg, Acidophilus and folic acid pills twice a day?? Would that be to much or what??? Please let me know what you think. Thanks.

+Quote Post
sassy
post Aug 6 2007, 01:42 PM
Post #2951

Hardcore BUSTie

Well I'm depressed...I have been taking the folic acid and B-6 for a couple of weeks and nothing has changed whatsoever. I don't think anything will ever work for me. I've tried everything under the sun.

I'm going on my honeymoon in a couple of weeks and since boric acid would probably be taken away on a plane (i.e. it's a powdery substance and I wouldn't want to explain why I had it) do you guys think I could take the Yeast Arrest suppositories in my carry-on? They don't have to be refridgerated and it would clearly state on the package what the product was. I have to take something to keep the smell away or I won't have any fun on my trip sad.gif This is dumb. I shouldn't have to worry about my vagina while I'm trying to plan a wedding.

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post Aug 6 2007, 12:57 PM
Post #2952

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(arj75 @ Aug 1 2007, 02:02 PM) *
I had seen that product ad on TV. Who makes that? Vagasil? I don't remember. I want to get one just to see what the makers are claiming it can test for. I was under the impression it would show if you had an infection or not..but that's not the case? I'm curious... I hadn't watched TV for about two years, but recently started watching it again, and I seen that commercial. I though it was interesting. Anitsirhc, you are on birthcontrol right? I would up your B- vitamins, in some articles we have found, it was mentioned to increase dosage if on birthcontrol. There are test strips already to test vaginal ph. There are also tests you can get to screen yourself for UTI's, but I believe your doctor has to get those for you...not sure.

I was reading an article somewhere, and I would really like to find it again...this doctor said he felt that women with BV were getting treatment for UTI"S when in fact, there wasn't one in the first place? I'm gonna try and find article again. The less often we have to go on antibiotics, the better.

I have been trying to find somewhere online where I can buy viles of b-complex... and just give myself injections ..surely if one can order every other drug under the sun off the internet, I could buy this online too? The liquid sublingual tastes like shit, and I would rather just do that, and not have to go to the doctor for them. I mean if junkies can find their vein to shoot-up in ..then I think I can manage to give myself B injections.

vagisil makes it. i bought it and used it. it just tests your ph and tells you by your symptoms and your ph whether or not you have a yeast infection, bv or trich. i used it today and it says my ph is normal! 4.5. so i guess i have a yeast infection, which makes sense cause i'm itching like crazy and have thick discharge, not like bv. i think it's from wearing a wet bathing suit a lot lately. i've been taking the b-6 every day. i still didn't get the complex which i will do soon.

i was on birth control but i just stopped taking it because i broke up with my boyfriend. so hopefully not taking birth control will change things, who knows.

+Quote Post
dharmagirl
post Aug 6 2007, 09:54 AM
Post #2953

i have been taking 250 mg of b-6 for 7 days and 1200 mg of folic acid for 5 days. all of my bv symtoms are gone. no odor, discharge or itching. i have chronic bv for 5 years, tried everything under the sun and then some, so to say that iam happy would be an understatement !! i got some good info from this website. good luck.

www.earthclinic.com

Cure Bacterial Vaginosis (BV)

Home Remedies to Cure BV

Bacterial Vaginosis (BV) is the name of a condition in women where the normal balance of bacteria in the vagina is disrupted and replaced by an overgrowth of certain bacteria. It is sometimes accompanied by discharge, odor, pain, itching, or burning.

Note: If you have Vaginitis, do not drink apple cider vinegar as it will make the BV much worse. (One reader, however, just reported that she rinses with ACV for prevention.) Instead, take a folic acid supplement, which will cure vaginitis in a day or two. You can also try the yogurt insertion remedy below. Apparently it's amazing!

9/8/2006: Christine from Georgia confirms: "Bacterial Vaginosis vs Yeast Infections. I came across this website while searching for holistic cures for bacterial vaginosis. I think its really important to identify which infection you might have as what works for curing yeast might actually make the bacterial vaginosis worse. A trained physician who is up-to date with the literature should help diagnose you. I have thought that I had yeast recurring for years while the whole time I have had Bacterial Vaginosis, a COMMON condition. Be sure to get diagnosed correctly, ladies! I am going to try taking oral folic acid and the vaginal yogurt insertion to see if either helps BV.

REMEDIES THAT DON'T WORK
8/6/2007: Shannon from Richmond, California writes: I am glad to have found this site. I AM NOT ALONE. I have suffered from BV for at least five years and nothing has worked. Flagyl,metrogel,clindamyacin, I've tried it all. I just went to the store when I read about the folic acid and I got some. I don't know if there is any relief as of yet but I'll keep ya posted. God I hope this works!!!"

MISCELLANEOUS REMEDIES
7/23/2007: Jay from Jackson, MS writes: "I have very sensitive skin, so condoms, dryer sheets, and of course antibiotics can bring on a yeast infection. Step one is to avoid condoms and spermicide (for me) and using dryer sheets, particularly on underwear or athletic clothing that is close to the skin. To treat, I have had great success with bathing in lemon or lime water. This is probably more gentle than apple cider vinegar. Yeast needs a basic enviroment to live, and a healthy vagina is slightly acidic, so you want to return your environment gradually and gently to normal. Also - sperm is basic, so wash thoroughly after sexual activity to avoid creating a "good home" for excessive bacteria or yeast. There are also antifungal natural ear drops that are a little better than using a strong chemical treatment that you could try. For bacteria, I find that eating yogurt and probiotics during antibiotic courses, garlic, and avoiding triggers like dryer sheets helps as well. Hope this helps someone out there!"

FOLIC ACID AND YOGURT DOUCHE CURES BACTERIAL VAGINOSIS

8YEA

8/3/2007: PATRICIA from Greenville, nc writes: "Hey all, I just wanted everyone to know that I have been suffering from BV and tried everything and nothing work until I prayed to God sincerly an He bless me to find this site. I read about several others taking Folic Acid Supplements. It Works wonders! everytime my Monthly would come on I had an horrible fish smell that was quite disturbing to myself and others around me. I prayed for a cure!! I thank GOD for this site because I started takeing 3 folic acids 400 mg a day along with Stoney Field Yourgt.(the plain kind). I have my Monthly today and I smell like a baby. No more odors!!! I thank GOD for this site and the people that had the courage to write and tell about their experiences!"

7/24/2007: CJ from Greensboro, NC writes: "I had been fighting BV for close to two years, having been misdiagnosed as having a yeast infection. One time, my doctor did the test and realized I had BV, after that when I called in, even if I said I'd been diagnosed with BV before, I was treated for a yeast infection, never asked to come in and get tested again. Once a month I would get the symptoms, and was told to treat with over the counter yeast infection treatments. This would help for about two weeks, then the syptoms would return. Finally I thought, I bet I'm still having the BV even though my doctor is ignoring that possibility, and searched for at home remedies for BV. I came across this site and the advice to take folic acid. Keep in mind, I'd been dealing with these symptoms for two years, every two weeks to 1 month - my life had been miserable! When I saw that folic acid might help, I immediately went to the grocery store and picked some up with the yogurt (thinking I would do the yogurt treatments as well). I took 2 folic acid supplements and in 30 minutes, felt good as new. I continued to take two a day for a week and the symptoms disappeared! Now, almost 3 months since I tried the folic acid treatment, I have had no reoccuring symptoms, for the first time in two years, I'm free! I only take the folic acid if I think I feel BV symptoms, and it still had not returned. Try the folic acid first and see if it helps! It's awesome, two years of never ending symptoms have stopped by just taking some extra folic acid! YEA!"

6/20/2007: Sara from MOLINE, IL writes: "I had been fighting bacterial vaginosis for almost a year when I came accross your website. I had tried flagl (metronidazole) pills, boric acid, clindamycin, and metronidazole gel. The gel seems to be the only thing that works. Even though the gel clears me up I seem to eventually get syptoms again. I also had my partner treated. Then I read on your website about the folic acid (3 pills once a day) and the apple cidar vinegar. This has helped tremendously!!! I have yet to try the plain yogurt but it is in my fridge just in case. I also use the metronidazole gel twice a week as a preventative medicine. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!!"

5/8/2007: Melissa (libras72@sbcglobal.net) from Woodstock, IL writes: "i too thought i was having reoccuring yeast infections. till i got to the third day of yeast treatment and had no change . looked up yeast inf cures and found this site and realized i was wron it was my bv.i was excited to hear that i'm not the only one.i tried the folic acid. 3 @ 400 mic) and within 30 min the burning and itching was gone...thank god!!! i have a pap secduled hopefuly the bv will be gone . i plan to take 1 folic acid pill a day from now on...thanks ladies.ill let you know what the dr says."

4/13/2007: Kira from Canton, OH writes: "I decided I wouldn't go to the doctor's this time. I found this website and I tried the yogurt. It helped some but not completely. I bought folic acid pills and took 1200 micrograms (3 pills x 400 micrograms) and my symptoms disappeared in a half an hour. No more symptoms at all. No itching, no burning at all. Also, why don't you guys suggest apple cider vinegar? I always always rinse myself with apple cider vinegar solution after sex to prevent infections. Last Saturday I was too tired to do it and on Tuesday I started having symptoms. I continued rinsing with apple cider vinegar solution twice a day while taking the pills."

3/31/2007: Kim from KC, MO writes: "I didn't have any plain yogurt or folic acid supplements, but was in a bind (BV symptoms) and tried strawberry yogurt and eating some foods high in folic acid today. It's not even 12 hours later and my symptoms which had been occurring for about a week are almost completely gone, without a trip to the doctor or even to the grocery store - thank you for your help!!"

2/22/2007: Linda from Memphis, TN writes, "I tried the folic acid and yogurt douche for Bacteria Vaginitis and I feel much, much, much better thank God. It works!"

3/19/2007: Julie from Los Angeles, CA writes: I have more of a question about the yogurt and folic acid douche mentioned in the cures for BV......Is the folic acid taken orally and if so how much?"

YOGURT with ACIDOPHILUS CURES BV
7/13/2007: Lynne from Columbia, MD writes: "When I read that BV returns even after antibiotics I decided taking that route would be pointless, so I researched other ways to treat it. What works for me is taking one acidophilus pill a day, and increasing the amount of yogurt products I eat/drink. Particularly Kefir seems to be helpful, as it has, I believe, a higher concentration of active cultures than regular yogurt. Also, I mixed vitamin E oil with a few drops of tea tree oil, placed this on a wet wash rag and wiped the area. I have also done this with ACV and tea tree oil, but the vitamin E oil prevents drying, which will help with the itching."

Anita, from Garland, NC writes, "Insert plain yogurt with a syringe or turkey baster. lay down as much as possible so it will not come down. A pad should be worn to catch the leakage. It really works and the itching will also stop almost instantly!!!!

10/2/2006: Kels from Tacoma, WA writes, "I tried monistat 1 day and it gave me 2nd degree burns and made me swell down there like you would not believe. I had to go to the ER and get it flushed out and be out on medication. After the burns healed, I used yogurt. Just put it in waited 20 min and then took a shower. Sleep with a pad so to catch any remaining yogurt."

QUESTION
3/23/2007: Brenda from Mission Hills, Ca writes: "After you insert yogurt to kill the bacterial vaginosis, do you have to douch after?? If anybody knows please let me know. Thank you."

APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
1/13/2007: Michelle from Jonesboro, GA writes, "Yes!! Thank you Lord! I added 3 cups of Pure Apple Cider Vinegar to my water and soaked for 20 minutes.It started working that same day. By the next day it was completely gone.No smell at all!!I hope this works for you!"

Earth Clinic comment: Apple Cider Vinegar appears to cure EVERYTHING, even when we say not to use it!

YOGURT AND APPLE CIDER VINEGAR DOUCHE
7/16/2007: MARIE from BOCA RATON, FLORIDA writes: "I'VE HAD THE BACTERIAL INFECTION FOR OVER 5 YEARS AND I TRIED EVERYTHING FROM CREAM TO GEL. I FINALLY TOOK THE TIME TO LOOK INTO THIS AND SEE WHAT ELSE CAN BE DONE. I USED THE APPLE CIDER VINEGAR WITH YOGURT AND THE SMELL AND DISCHARGE WAS GONE INSTANTLY, I STILL CANT BELIEVE IT WORKED THAT FAST. WHEN I SHOWER I JUST SPLASH A LITTLE OF ACV ON MY PRIVATE AREA TO KEEP THE BACTERIA FROM COMIN BACK. THIS REMEDY DEFINETLY WORKS SO IF ANYONE WANTS TO KNOW WHAT TO DO THEY CAN USE THIS REMEDY IT WORKS. I THOUGH THAT I WOULD NEVER GET RID OF THIS AND IT HAS BEEN A BLESSING."

7/9/2007: Elizabeth from Staten Island, NY writes: "I just tried the remedy of using plain yogurt and ACV. I've been suffering with a very pungent, sharp odor which is intense just before my menses start but I did not want to be forced to take the western medicine approach. Last night I mixed 1 teaspoon of plain yogurt and just ONE CAPFUL of raw, organic ACV and using a turkey baster, inserted the mixture before bed and wore a pad while I slept. Today the smell is gone. I will continue this approach over the next week and incorporate the Yogurt/ACV mixture into my regiment of continued health maintenance. Thank you Earthclinic!!!"

FLAGYL
11/12/2006: Chrissy from LA writes, "i have BV and i have been suffering with this for almost five years and i have tried everything their is to tried garlic, vinegar, and yogurt. i went to the doctor and he gave me flagyl 500mg for seven days and on the six day it finally started to work so i went back and got it for seven more days and now i feel great. But while taking these tablets, do not take a bath take a shower and use dove soap. i got three more days on the meds but the smell is gone and i am happy to share this to the world."

BORIC ACID
1/15/2007: Liz from Atlanta, GA writes, "Boric acid really works to prevent bacterial vaginosis. Just insert one 600mg capsule half full before bedtime and the odor is gone."

READER QUESTION
6/19/2007: Shelly from Memphis, Tennessee writes: "Can someone please help me. I have seen a lot of information about the Boric Acid suppositories (00 gelatin caps 600 mg Boric Acid), if you choose to purchase the empty gelatin caps and the Boric Acid powder to make your own suppositories how do you know how much Boric Acid to use? I hope I am not missing something and this is a stupid question. The bottle of Boric Acid I purchased came in a 12oz bottle and I purchased it via internet from a pharmacy. I hope it is the correct stuff I need. If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you so very much!"

Did you try one of these remedies?
Did it work? Got another cure for Vaginosis?
PLEASE SEND US YOUR FEEDBACK!

Main Menu

* HomeNewsletter SignupMind-Body HealingPrayer-MeditationSearch Earth Clinic
* SupplementsContact Us

Top 5 Cures

* Sore Throat Acid Reflux BoilsSinus Infections
* Overweight

Top 5 Remedies

* Apple Cider VinegarHydrogen Peroxide Oil Pulling Coconut Oil
* Fountain of Youth

More Info

Disclaimer | About Us | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Search

Copyright © 2007 Earth Clinic, LLC
All information contained herein should not be used as a substitute for the advice of an appropriately qualified and licensed physician or other health care provider. The information provided here is for educational and informational purposes only. In no way should it be considered as offering medical advice. Please check with a physician if you suspect you are ill. NO LIABILITY WILL BE ASSUMED FOR THE USE OF THESE ARTICLES. The information contained is not intended for medical advice. You should always discuss any medical treatment with your Health Care Provider.

rthclinic.com/CURES/bacterial_vaginosis.html

+Quote Post
neverending
post Aug 6 2007, 08:19 AM
Post #2954

Hardcore BUSTie

I'm taking Nature's Life. I got it from the health food store. Has anyone else experienced a lot of sleeping since taking the B-6? It seems like I can't get enough sleep. Weird!

+Quote Post
Italianwife88
post Aug 5 2007, 11:25 PM
Post #2955

BUSTie

I stopped taking the boric acid. I ran out and started my period so i decided to let it go for a week. I've almost been on it 2 months, every other night. Now its like i never took it. Everything is the same, boric acid is not a cure for me, it keeps smell away but not white stuff away. When im taking it, its like i still have it but i dont have smell...hard to explain. I started the b complex from cvs, i just read the back of it and saw it was 5mg...what the hell, thats nothing. What is a good brand to get ladies? something strong... I think this might work for me because I also agree BV is a hormonal imbalance.

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Aug 3 2007, 05:16 PM
Post #2956

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(arj75 @ Jul 31 2007, 08:22 AM) *
Congrats CANCAN!

It's sad that we are forced to self-diagnosis our health problems, but from my own experience, that is exactly what I have had to do. And finally, after two years straight of severe insomnia, then the anxiety, and then BV..I am feeling so much better. Every doctor that I had seen....all they want to do is throw you some prozac, effexer, zoloft, and whatever antidepressants they get the most kick back most from...and send you on your way.

Thanks Arj!
I just hope I can keep the infection at bay. Apparently BV can lead to miscarriages. But will not think of this, and will try to be positive.

I think everyone should be taking their Vitamin B6 and maybe even Vitamin B5, because if you read up about it, B5 is good for hormone balancing as well. Or at least take enough B - Complex to cover all your bases. B5 deficiency is apparently rare, but I think I may try it anyway just to make sure I am getting enough.

[ Vitamin B5 plays an important role in the secretion of hormones, such as cortisone because of the role it plays in supporting the adrenal gland. These hormones assist the metabolism, help to fight allergies and are beneficial in the maintenance of healthy skin, muscles and nerves.

http://www.anyvitamins.com/vitamin-b5-pantothenic-info.htm ]

+Quote Post
chantelhugo
post Aug 3 2007, 10:07 AM
Post #2957

BUSTie

I've been taking B6 for about 2 weeks now.. and still no difference sad.gif I was taking 100mg but have increased it to 200mg. I'm going to keep taking them though, maybe time will help. Should I take a B Complex too? Maybe im lacking something else?

+Quote Post
pympmama1
post Aug 2 2007, 04:42 AM
Post #2958

BUSTie

QUOTE(j4sonl33 @ Jul 30 2007, 09:12 PM) *
Hey ladies, Jason here again. I'm glad to see that the B6 is producing success stories. Proof positive that BV is a hormonal problem. CanCan, BV gone overnight? Hallelujah!! I'm so happy for you.

I have seen some talk about the B complexes and just wanted to chime in.....

Yes, the B-complex is a great idea. However, check the amount of the B6. With the way your systems are out of whack, you really need to load up on the B6. It controls over 100 different chemical reactions in the body (on the plus side, it also encourages the flow of dopamine to the brain, the same stuff released during sex. Meow).

After doing some more reading, I would suggest that maybe 100mg may not be enough for some of you. Bear in mind that you CAN overdose on B6, but you've got to take like 2000mg to do it. So maybe try kicking it up to 200mg and see what gives. But, please, oh please, DO remember to take lots of water with the vitamins. (In case you all haven't read my posts from farther back, my wife takes a good multivitamin and 100mg of B6 each day with a bottle of water and her BV is gone.)

But, indeed, some women may require more than others, so play around with the B6. It looks like this thing is finally gonna get licked (get your minds out of the gutter, you know who you are). ;-)

Keep writing sharing those success stories and make a note to call your doctors and cuss them out for "thinking inside the box" (again, minds out of the gutter).

See ya,
Jason

Jason

I logged on specifically to ask about the water I have been taking the b6 for a day and I remembered something you mentioned about water but could not remember... thank you so much.... WE ALL APPRECIATE YOU tongue.gif

+Quote Post
arj75
post Aug 1 2007, 11:45 AM
Post #2959

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(anitsirhc @ Jul 30 2007, 12:56 PM) *
hiii. i haven't been on here in a long time. i have been reading it though. i did go out and buy the b-6 vitamins, 100mg, but most of you are saying the complex is better? maybe i should get that instead. i also went out and bought that vagisil infection tester thing. it just tells you the ph of your vagina. is there something like this already? i just though you could only check the ph of your urine at home. well anyway i can't use it yet cause i have my period but i feel like the bv is there but i'm using the yeast arrest so it will go away. i haven't been taking the b-6 cause i went away for a while and forgot to take it with me. hope everyone is doing well.

I had seen that product ad on TV. Who makes that? Vagasil? I don't remember. I want to get one just to see what the makers are claiming it can test for. I was under the impression it would show if you had an infection or not..but that's not the case? I'm curious... I hadn't watched TV for about two years, but recently started watching it again, and I seen that commercial. I though it was interesting. Anitsirhc, you are on birthcontrol right? I would up your B- vitamins, in some articles we have found, it was mentioned to increase dosage if on birthcontrol. There are test strips already to test vaginal ph. There are also tests you can get to screen yourself for UTI's, but I believe your doctor has to get those for you...not sure.

I was reading an article somewhere, and I would really like to find it again...this doctor said he felt that women with BV were getting treatment for UTI"S when in fact, there wasn't one in the first place? I'm gonna try and find article again. The less often we have to go on antibiotics, the better.

+Quote Post
starkitty
post Aug 1 2007, 10:26 AM
Post #2960

BUSTie

Hmm...I'm worried that I might have some sort of infection, but I can't be quite sure. I noticed a few days ago that it was smelling rather odd, but I was on my period at the time, so I wasn't really sure what was going on. Also, I was completely dry and having difficulty with that. The smell's basically gone now, and I'm able to get wet again, but the whole is area still seems kind of sore or something. I'm hoping that I had something and my body just took care of it, but I'm not really sure what's going on. Any idea?

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 146 147 148 149 150 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 26, 2014 - 03:26 AM