The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

211 Pages V  « < 43 44 45 46 47 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> small breast support group - (I need it even if they don't)
nbdx0645
post Nov 30 2010, 07:24 PM
Post #881

Hardcore BUSTie

I agree with strongirl; well said!

Also, don't be shy to find a tailor that can make your evening dresses or business wear absolutely perfect for you. I do some easy alterations myself, like shortening tank top straps and pinch-and-pinning garments that are too large in the bust and waist. The best clothes are the ones you don't have to pull or tug into place. And don't feel bad about alterations -- the grand majority of women can't buy everything off the rack and have it fit perfectly.

I remember seeing this fashion article a while back. I really liked how the author caters the piece to different preferences. Some women want to maximize their bust, others want to conceal it, and others want to flaunt it.

Style advice

I really want to try the cashmere sweater look, but I think I'd also wear a bra that's 'meant to be seen' if I lean over a bit too far. Something like this.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
strongirl
post Nov 30 2010, 10:12 AM
Post #882

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey Wondermist, personally I think fashion "rules" are counterproductive. Wear frills if you like them and feel pretty in them. Go for the vertical monochrome thing if you like an austere, sophisticated look (like Emma Peel in The Avengers, LOL). Don't get hung up on whether you're "doing it right" or your body language will show tension and a lack of confidence and then it won't matter what you're wearing, you won't look good because you don't feel good.

Check out the Free People clothing website - cool stuff and some very attractive small-breasted models.

Some months ago there was a discussion in here about necklines and it was amazing how differently we all felt. Some of us loved V-necks, some hated them, some liked crew necks, others never wore them, etc etc. So even with a body-type similarity (small bust) there is a lot of individual variation in what looks good on us or what we like. Experiment! (Goodwill is a great place to do this for cheap and you can just re-donate what you end up not lking.)

+Quote Post
KeraBear
post Nov 29 2010, 09:21 PM
Post #883

Hardcore BUSTie

Welcome Wondermist! I love the name! I also found this place by doing a search for "Small Breast Support Group." I was doing it just for the hell of it, I was surprised when comething actually came up! But this place has been so incredibly supportive and really helped me adjust to life in high school with small breasts (not easy!). I am just like you - short 5'3" and 100ish pounds. So feel free to PM me anytime if you wanna share notes. Although i am not so sure how helpful i would be considering I started puberty like six years ago, and i've only had anything that has remotely resembled breasts since freshman year of high school (now i am a senior. Woot!). LOL! So... yeah... not much to offer with life experience here. I believe I am the youngest one here.

Chinese dancing? Nice! I may have to look that up on youtube or something, because I have no idea what that is all about. Keep rockin' those small boobies extra hard! wink.gif

+Quote Post
spot-on
post Nov 29 2010, 04:03 PM
Post #884

Hardcore BUSTie

Yes I am going for silicone. It's what the surgeons I went to see recommended due to having little breast tissue, it will look and feel more natural. I've held both and they do feel more like boobs than the saline. Other problems with saline are you can sometimes here the slosh of the fluid in the sac, and they ripple more than silicone's which can be a problem for us smallies with not much in the first place. Also the salines have an increase risk of rupture compared to silicone, so that was a HUGE factor too!

In-case anyone doesn't know the new silicone's aren't liquid or runny gel they are cohesive gel, which when you cut into it, it's like a jelly baby, it all stays together. Leakage risks are MUCH lower than they ever were with the new gels. There are vids online of them being cut in half and staying in two separate pieces with no leakage, very cool to see.

QUOTE(karategrrl @ Nov 29 2010, 05:29 AM) *
No, you don't sound like a boobie perv!

So you're getting the silicone-filled ones? They ARE supposed to look and feel more natural.

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Nov 29 2010, 08:29 AM
Post #885

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(spot-on @ Nov 28 2010, 10:47 PM) *
Gosh I'm sounding like some kind of booby perv! tongue.gif But I've just spent a LOT of time this year doing research on this. Good job really I guess cos I only have 8 days to go till permanent padding! When I'll be here updating with surgery info I guess...

No, you don't sound like a boobie perv!

So you're getting the silicone-filled ones? They ARE supposed to look and feel more natural.

+Quote Post
spot-on
post Nov 28 2010, 05:47 PM
Post #886

Hardcore BUSTie

Nope you can go over/under with any incision. The reason I personally chose the crease was that there is increase risk of infection with nipple incision (and the thought of a nipple incision skeeves me out!), and also I would HATE to loose nipple sensation completely which is a risk with that incision. Transax (armpit) incision meant cutting into MORE muscle and longer recover, again not optimal. And Tuba (belly button) is only for saline implants and with saline implants and me being small there is increase risk of rippling/creasing/leakage. It's funny but even before all that all the 'nice' boob jobs I'd seen were silicone, crease incision so my gut was heading that way anyway. I made sure I was fully away of the pro's/cons of each implant and incision site though, it's a personal choice.

Overs are ok for those with some breast tissue already, but when you are small/lean overs look obviously fake and you can see the ridge of the implant. For me though the reason for unders is that it's easier for mammograms and the risks of capsular contraction are lessened going under the muscle, plus they look more natural. One thing I have explicitly told my surgeon over and over is I want it to look natural, not Victoria Beckham or Pamela Anderson. I just want to look proportional!

Gosh I'm sounding like some kind of booby perv! tongue.gif But I've just spent a LOT of time this year doing research on this. Good job really I guess cos I only have 8 days to go till permanent padding! When I'll be here updating with surgery info I guess...

QUOTE(karategrrl @ Nov 28 2010, 09:49 AM) *
I few things: spot-on, forgive the nosy question, but having not known anyone well enough who's had augmentation, I'm dying to ask. Okay--so they are going in under the breast crease, and cutting through some muscle? I thought when you went under the crease it was only to put the implant OVER the muscle, but I guess I was wrong.

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Nov 28 2010, 12:49 PM
Post #887

Hardcore BUSTie

I few things: spot-on, forgive the nosy question, but having not known anyone well enough who's had augmentation, I'm dying to ask. Okay--so they are going in under the breast crease, and cutting through some muscle? I thought when you went under the crease it was only to put the implant OVER the muscle, but I guess I was wrong.

Wondermist, a thousand welcomes. I found this site in just the same way, and I think you will find lots of support here. Hugs and warm wlecomes! And I'm sure you have plenty to feel beautiful about, and great features to boast about. Everyone has something beautiful, which I must say is something I've really learned here. I have to chime in about the facial hair thing, since I'm over 40 and that seems to be the age when you get more male hormones kicking in or some shit, so I am well versed in the facial hair thing. wink.gif I tried everythign and I finally found the "REM spring" at an online retailer. Yes, it hurts, but the more you do it, the less it hurts each time--like your follicles get a bit desensitized, I think. there are lots of options for hair removal. If it bothers you, removing it is a pretty easy fix, at least compared to a lot of other changes we make to ourselves. smile.gif We support you whatever you do. And the Chinese dancing sounds amazing! I'm sure you're great at it and no one would watch you and say, "wow, look at her small breasts--I'll bet they would say, "wow, look how great she moves!"

And I totally hear ya on not having big ones gettingin your way. wink.gif I did a lot of work on building my house and spent lots of time in tight spaces. Also I did lots of martial arts earlier in my life. Both were times I felt very grateful for my build.

Kerabear, as far as the comebacks, I wish I was quicker with them myself. I know it is hard when you're in the situation to think of these things quickly.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Nov 28 2010, 05:37 AM
Post #888

Big Fat Bitch

I bumped the body hair thread for you, Wondermist.

Glad to see you are all still around after the recent dramz. It would have been sad if you no longer felt this a cool place to be.

Has anybody heard anymore from Angie_21 about her exploits?

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
wondermist
post Nov 27 2010, 09:47 PM
Post #889

BUSTie

Thank you all for the support! Though tweezing and waxing is very painful for me (I've tried). I assume that bleaching would have to be done by a professional. Am I digressing too much in this thread and should ask about this elsewhere?

I'm currently trying to get my hands via internet pages on fashion advice. Being a shorty with a small bust, the advice is very conflicting such as frills for a small bust yet shorter gals shouldn't wear anything that messes up the vertical line of the outfit. Perhaps I'll have to look further back into the forum or I maybe am digressing! If so, I do apologize. Any sites you have regarding fashion that you find absolutely useful for anybody of any size would be wondrous.

Even though I haven't been on this site very long, this thread has given me much peace of mind.

--------------------
Alack alack. Quack quack, said the duck.

+Quote Post
nbdx0645
post Nov 27 2010, 04:45 PM
Post #890

Hardcore BUSTie

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving smile.gif and welcome to the lounge, Wondermist. I hope that you find inspiration and comfort in the backposts on this forum -- I certainly have. It feels good to vent out frustrations and ask for advice.

There are also a few other cites online that are a big help, too. Maybe you've checked them out:
007b: On small breasts
Extra small (a website for petites)
Small Bust, Big Heart (centers around fashion and news)

Also, it's good to be gentle to yourself. Like Buttercups said, it's time to start seeing how beautiful you are. I've also thought about surgery when I was younger (thank goodness I was poor!) but now, I enjoy representing a perfectly normal and perfectly healthy body type. I think it's important since humans look to one another for support and reassurance on what's 'normal.'

I'm sure you'll find what works for you. There are some moments where I am a little down, but those feelings are significantly less frequent and less intense since joining. I'm a little curious what large boobies would be like, but I wouldn't want to commit to anything that's permanent. It's the same curiosity of "what's it like to be a man?" I don't see large/small as better/worse, it's simply different.

+Quote Post
strongirl
post Nov 27 2010, 04:23 PM
Post #891

Hardcore BUSTie

Happy Thanksgiving to you too, Buttercups, and likewise hugs and thanks to all the wonderful Busties who post here!

Welcome, Wondermist! Chinese dancing sounds very cool, good for you for moving and engaging your body even if you don't sound very happy with its appearance. I agree with Buttercups - now is a great time to start seeing how beautiful you are. And I would add that it is possible to enjoy and appreciate one's own beauty while still trying maximize and enhance it. If you don't like your eyebrows or "mustache", those are easily modified with tweezers, wax, or bleach. Your "thick" thighs might benefit from running (the dancing is also probably great). Experiment with clothes and makeup to express your own personal style.

Personally, I place a very high value on beauty and attractiveness and go to some effort attain it in my appearance and my surroundings. But I flat-out refuse to buy into an oppressive or sexist cultural standard that is so narrow that only a small percentage of women "measure up". Beauty comes in many different shapes, sizes, colors, etc. It isn't a matter of how your collection of "features" rates - it's about expressing your individuality in a physical or visual way that is pleasing to you (and thus probably pleasing to other like-minded people as well).

Oh - also on the eyebrows and mustache - look at photos of Frida Kahlo and Alice B. Toklas before you pluck or wax. Both of those women were regarded as very sexually attractive in their day and had numerous and noteworthy lovers, and their brows and 'staches were most impressive.

+Quote Post
buttercups
post Nov 25 2010, 07:42 AM
Post #892

Hardcore BUSTie

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I am thankful for all of my busties- big or small! *hugs*

Welcome wondermist, so much to say but not enough time to say it, but first off it is not true that you do not have any good features- of course you do because we all do! It just might be that right now you are unable to see it because all you are doing is criticizing yourself- I know because I do the same thing to myself too. Now is the time to start seeing how beautiful you are, and we'll all be here to help!

On another note, I was watching some show last night on celebrity plastic surgery and Heidi Montag was on there. She basically said she regrets ever getting any surgery and if she could take it all back she would. They also had a 16 year old girl on there whos parents got her breast implants to a C. When she woke up from the surgery she said it was like someone had thrown bricks at her breasts! It looked pretty sickening and suddenly the idea seemed sickening to me.I am going to try to love myself how I am and be thankful that I was able to keep talking myself out of putting plastic in my body -cause lord knows I've thought about it!

+Quote Post
wondermist
post Nov 25 2010, 12:32 AM
Post #893

BUSTie

Sorry for the double post!

One reason why I'm very thankful for my small breasts is the fact that I do Chinese dancing (though not very well), and some moves require to lie down on the floor. I've only learned the worm, but it really squishes your breasts, even if you feel as if you don't have very large ones!

I couldn't imagine doing any of these moves with a larger chest. Ouch!

--------------------

+Quote Post
wondermist
post Nov 25 2010, 12:27 AM
Post #894

BUSTie

Hi, I'm new here, and I'm so incredibly happy that this thread is still ongoing! I stumbled upon this site by typing in something for a "small breast support group".

This thread led me to this wonderful site and made me feel much more in terms with myself. I've not read all of the pages yet which I'm in the process of. Going to take quite a while so I hope I'm not posting anything too redundant to everybody who's been in this thread! tongue.gif

I've a bit of a problem with my breasts, or body in general. My build is petite, but like a column, measuring at 30"27"34" at 5'2" and 100lbs-ish. I don't have a nice behind or legs with a non-uppity behind and thick thighs. My breasts are not pert (32A, though I measured today and they were 30? Perhaps I'm not measuring right). Not to mention my facial structures with thick eyebrows and it looks like I have a mustache! It's little fuzzy stuffs that leave a bluish tinge/shadow to make it appear as though I have a mustache. Bad skin. Let's leave it at that.
(Could I be any manlier?)

As far as I've seen, many of you have great behinds, legs, and nice thin waists.

How should I improve my self esteem when I don't have any good features?

--------------------

+Quote Post
KeraBear
post Nov 24 2010, 02:07 PM
Post #895

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(karategrrl @ Nov 24 2010, 08:17 AM) *
WHAT A FUCKING ASSHOLE! Needless to say, in that exhange lay YOUR evidence--of his lack of intelligence, maturity and tact.

Ha ha... that is for sure! I never think of the best comebacks until waaaaaaay after. I did give him the finger, though. wink.gif Can I take you to school with me some time, Karategrrrl? Nobody will mess with me then! smile.gif

Oh and spot-on, i am glad to hear that you did some serious homework. STILL sounds super scary to me though! Good luck, girl and keep the updates coming!

+Quote Post
spot-on
post Nov 24 2010, 12:04 PM
Post #896

Hardcore BUSTie

Thanks, yes I researched for MONTHS before consulting with surgeons, and even then went on three consults till I found the guy for me. Kinda like dating I guess? lol! I think if anyone does go for this they need to do LOTS of research, into the surgery, into surgeons, incision sites, complications, etc. There is SO MUCH to consider with any surgery, and elective surgery especially!!

Yep my surgeon says 48 hours for constant care 24/7, just incase. More to do with the anesthetic recovery than anything. So my husband is on "boob-op watch" Tues/Weds. He has to be off Weds anyway as I have a post op appt where they check you over post op.

Like you said it depends on the person, but also a lot depends on the surgeon, the incision you choose etc. I read that the transax (armpit) incision is worse, longer recovery, as they cut through more muscles. That wasn't an option for me as the recovery is too long, plus I don't like the idea of cutting into MORE muscle than necessary.

QUOTE(karategrrl @ Nov 24 2010, 05:17 AM) *
Spot-on, sounds like you have the post-surgery situation covered! I'm really glad and proud of you for doing your research, as so many women just leap into it (ha, I just typo-ed "tit!") uneducated.

I read an account of someone who had it done (implants under the chest muscle) who could not use her arms at all for almost a week--too painful--to wipe herself post-peeing, brush hair, lift a glass, etc. Not to scare you but just to prep you in case you might need someone around 24/7 to really help you out. But I'm sure you have that covered as well. wink.gif Of course, everyone is different, and you seem to be really healthy and in touch with your body so you may very well fare better. And the stretching sounds like a good idea. Wishing you so much luck!

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Nov 24 2010, 08:17 AM
Post #897

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(KeraBear @ Nov 23 2010, 08:14 PM) *
No, you are not missing anything. I was like, "evidence of what?" And he said, "puberty." Asshat indeed. *rolling eyes*

WHAT A FUCKING ASSHOLE! Needless to say, in that exhange lay YOUR evidence--of his lack of intelligence, maturity and tact.

Spot-on, sounds like you have the post-surgery situation covered! I'm really glad and proud of you for doing your research, as so many women just leap into it (ha, I just typo-ed "tit!") uneducated.

I read an account of someone who had it done (implants under the chest muscle) who could not use her arms at all for almost a week--too painful--to wipe herself post-peeing, brush hair, lift a glass, etc. Not to scare you but just to prep you in case you might need someone around 24/7 to really help you out. But I'm sure you have that covered as well. wink.gif Of course, everyone is different, and you seem to be really healthy and in touch with your body so you may very well fare better. And the stretching sounds like a good idea. Wishing you so much luck!

+Quote Post
KeraBear
post Nov 23 2010, 03:14 PM
Post #898

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(karategrrl @ Nov 23 2010, 08:15 AM) *
"I called him out on it and he said, "Just looking for evidence." What a winner, huh?"
Huh? What an asshat! (Or am I missing something???)

No, you are not missing anything. I was like, "evidence of what?" And he said, "puberty." Asshat indeed. *rolling eyes*

+Quote Post
spot-on
post Nov 23 2010, 02:13 PM
Post #899

Hardcore BUSTie

Karategrrl
The recover was one of the things I grilled the surgeon about. How long till I could run? exercise? yoga? pilates? lift weights? do push ups? etc etc. Like you said being in fitness this is a PRIORITY for me. I know I can modify for myself but I NEED to be able to perform at least one repetition of each exercise and it's progressions for demonstration.

I am taking almost 4 weeks off work, it's December so quiet time for us anyway. The surgeon said no exercise for 3 weeks so I'll have a week to assess my pecs and range of movement and get back some kind of fitness level. I am lucky in that my surgeon advocates movement immediately, no "sit there with your arms by your sides for 3 weeks and don't move at all". My surgeon is of the new school that advises stretching on the day of surgery and thereafter. This is proven to help recovery so guess we'll see.

I'll keep you all posted though smile.gif

QUOTE(karategrrl @ Nov 22 2010, 08:36 AM) *
Hey there, I'll be very curious how it is for you post-surgery as far as bouncing and getting back into fitness. I've heard it can be difficult to get back to "before" activities--like, there's a long time you can't really be very active at all. Which would kill me, since that's my sanity. wink.gif

+Quote Post
spot-on
post Nov 23 2010, 02:09 PM
Post #900

Hardcore BUSTie

Thanks Strongirl. I actually MADE myself watch a few implant surgery videos on youtube etc. I'm not that squeamish but I have phobia's. I will say that when I had ear surgery a couple of years ago the worst thing for me is the injection/IV. Or the first cut. After that I am ok. Something about that first incision makes me shudder, but seeing the insides I am fine with. Yeah I'm weird I know!

I'm purposefully not going BIG. They looked proportional. One of the women in the surgeons office got implants in Sept and IMO she looks too big for her frame. But each to their own right?

QUOTE(strongirl @ Nov 22 2010, 03:22 PM) *
I have to confess to mixed reactions on reading your post, Spot-on. When I read that you almost cried with joy at seeing how you'll look, I felt so happy for you! I hope it is that good in real life and then some!!!! But at words like "surgery", "painkillers", "incision" etc...I have a visceral physical reaction - big cringe! My cute little boobies go "Ouch! Don't cut on me! Don't hurt me!" and I have to say "Ssshhh, little boobies, it's OK, no one is going any where near YOU with a scalpel." To each her own. And though it is not for me, I am sincere is hoping that this turns out to be truly wonderful for you.

+Quote Post

211 Pages V  « < 43 44 45 46 47 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 2, 2014 - 03:23 AM