Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

150 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The BUST Community Forum
stargazer
post Feb 12 2010, 07:31 PM
Post #101

brown delicious

Yeeaaah. Not sure what that is about. I also noticed that there is a login on the homepage.

Wonder what is up. blink.gif

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Feb 12 2010, 07:05 AM
Post #102

Big Fat Bitch

Huh. I just noticed that we are no longer on the homepage. There used to be a "what's going on in the Lounge" thingy, but it is no more.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
momo
post Dec 17 2009, 09:37 PM
Post #103

BUSTie

Thanks AP--dunno how I missed the Swifter, Higher Stronger!

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Dec 17 2009, 08:37 PM
Post #104

brown delicious

There is the Don't Hate Me 'Cause I'm Beautiful thread.

There is also the Girl with Bad Skin for those Busties with acne concerns.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jsmith
post Dec 17 2009, 08:04 PM
Post #105

It's Calamity Jenn

Do we have a skin care thread?

--------------------
Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds are serviley crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God, because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blind faith. Thomas Jefferson

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Dec 16 2009, 08:30 PM
Post #106

Big Fat Bitch

OBOH has the Swifter Higher Stronger thread. The was some commentary in the F Word about the whole Elizabeth Lambert unsport-sperson like drama. I started the Athletic Supporters thread, but it got little play despite vetting.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
momo
post Dec 16 2009, 08:13 PM
Post #107

BUSTie

Hi everyone,
Is there a thread about playing sports? I looked in OBOH and didn't see anywhere appropriate for me to kvetch about men who can't seem to pass a ball to their female teammates. :-/

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Dec 16 2009, 05:39 PM
Post #108

Big Fat Bitch

WORD.

--------------------

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Dec 16 2009, 05:26 PM
Post #109

brown delicious

I couldn't find the etiquette thread either. Not sure if it got eaten by the dingos. I don't know if there is enough of a demand for etiquette queries to warrant a new thread. The Bust General Knowledge seems like a good enough thread. Or, finding a thread for the related etiquette question like some Busties do with family/friends/weddings/motherhoood issues.

On the history of Bust thread, terminology, eh, again, not sure it warrants its own thread. I feel like we would be 1 step from being grouchy old people "Remember the good ol' days when we..." Or, worse, we would be like the Chris Farley show skit. I guess if someone hears terminology or stories used from past discussions...just ask the person who used this term and we'll explain it. As for past stories about drama and in-fighting, I've learned from dealing with preexisting organizations/systems/etc., the less one knows the better off you'll be.

--------------------

+Quote Post
pants
post Dec 16 2009, 04:13 AM
Post #110

Hardcore BUSTie

I wasn't able to find the old ettiquette thread which I think was in Ab Fad

How would people feel about a new one, maybe in Friends & Family with a tiltle along the lines of

What Would You Do? Modern Day Manners and Social Dilemmas

That way it could encompass basic ettiquette problems and tricky siuations and hypotheticals

--------------------
I am not a reliable narrator
This is a place where I talk about other stuff, and try to make it interesting.

+Quote Post
sevenseconds
post Dec 9 2009, 03:28 AM
Post #111

Hardcore BUSTie

Is there an etiquette thread? I'd love to revive it. In fact, I need to revive it.

Coming from the opposite end of the planet where different things are considered natural, funny, polite and too much, where the concept of personal space is virtually non existent... you get the idea.

So if someone can bump the etiquette thread for me that would be lovely, thank you.

--------------------
Every story is a cup so empty it can be drunk from again and again. - MJH

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Dec 8 2009, 11:35 PM
Post #112

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

QUOTE(girl_logic @ Dec 8 2009, 08:51 PM) *
I know right, assuming there's anyone LEFT to remember! The bad blood thing is what I'm afraid of. I'm trying to think of ways to make it a positive recollection too. And yes, I remember bust radio smile.gif and the chat feature too, although I never used that.

Eh, you didn't miss anything with the chat thing- it never worked, at least not when I tried it.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
girl_logic
post Dec 8 2009, 08:51 PM
Post #113

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(pollystyrene @ Dec 8 2009, 01:09 PM) *
A few weeks ago, I posted a link to a song that was on that Bustie Radio thing (remember that?!) and I thought it would be nice to have an old-timers thread to reminisce (I have a notebook somewhere at my parents' house that I was smart enough to write down all the songs that were on there; I just need to find it) and like you said, girl_logic, to work through some history and bad blood.

I'd be up for that...y'know, assuming the board doesn't completely implode in the coming weeks. rolleyes.gif

I know right, assuming there's anyone LEFT to remember! The bad blood thing is what I'm afraid of. I'm trying to think of ways to make it a positive recollection too. And yes, I remember bust radio smile.gif and the chat feature too, although I never used that.

--------------------
There are years that ask questions and years that answer. - zora neale hurston

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Dec 8 2009, 01:09 PM
Post #114

A few weeks ago, I posted a link to a song that was on that Bustie Radio thing (remember that?!) and I thought it would be nice to have an old-timers thread to reminisce (I have a notebook somewhere at my parents' house that I was smart enough to write down all the songs that were on there; I just need to find it) and like you said, girl_logic, to work through some history and bad blood.

I'd be up for that...y'know, assuming the board doesn't completely implode in the coming weeks. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.

+Quote Post
girl_logic
post Dec 8 2009, 11:53 AM
Post #115

Hardcore BUSTie

People sometimes post etiquette questions in the General Knowledge thread in media whores, but I wouldn't mind it having it's own thread to flesh out issues. What would be a good name?

I got some PMs recently asking for explanations for different terms we throw around that refer to different "eras" in the lounge (Like the "lj-exodus", the Grey Areas thread, the Ms debacle etc.) I was wondering if anyone thinks a Bustie history thread would be a good idea. I'm kind of nervous about the idea because it has the potential to wake up bad blood that might be settled. On the other hand could be a positive thing to remember how things started here and how we've developed - we might even figure out who started Hip-Mama (I seem to remember it being Metagrrl - or another M-grrl, when she found out she was pregnant omg ga ga gawd, but that might have just been where the thread was pruned when I came along). What do you guys think?

--------------------
There are years that ask questions and years that answer. - zora neale hurston

+Quote Post
pants
post Nov 26 2009, 09:10 AM
Post #116

Hardcore BUSTie

The etiquette thread! That's what I was remembering!

I was leaning towards ATWT as the best potential spot for this type of thread, but could also see how it would sort of fit in F&F. It's kind of an inbetweener idea

--------------------

+Quote Post
sybarite
post Nov 26 2009, 05:56 AM
Post #117

it's cards on the table time

There was an etiquette thread which incorporated a 'what would you do if...' aspect, but I think it was more about manners than moral dilemnas.

I'd be interested in a new thread along the lines you describe. I like 'what if?' scenarios. As it might be somewhat abstract I can't think where to put it though: maybe As The World Turns, rather than F&F.

+Quote Post
pants
post Nov 26 2009, 04:19 AM
Post #118

Hardcore BUSTie

Is there any sort of thread to post to in order to compare what people do in difficult situations. Like say you see someone hitting their kid at a bus stop, how would you respond? Is there any way to intervene that won't make life worse for the kid in the long run?

Or you see any other type of thing that might be scary or complicated to get involved in

I have vague memories of a thread like this, but that would have been ages ago and is possibly something I've made up.

I'm going to have a search around but if no such thread exists, would others be interested in it and which section should it go into?

--------------------

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Nov 26 2009, 12:46 AM
Post #119

new highs in personal lows daily!

[eye roll]
accept no substitutes.

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Nov 24 2009, 09:17 PM
Post #120

QUOTE(Weekend Moderator @ Nov 24 2009, 09:14 PM) *

*sigh* Don't fall for it. Photoshopped miscarriage pics.

--------------------

+Quote Post

150 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 18, 2014 - 12:25 AM