The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

38 Pages V  « < 19 20 21 22 23 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> large breast support group (cuz we actually need it!)
auralpoison
post Jun 7 2008, 04:46 PM
Post #401

Big Fat Bitch

Big boobs are trashy? The fuck is that nonsense? That just smacks of ignorance. Those women are insecure cunts for saying that. Boobs are boobs. I don't care if you have tatas like ripe melons or little nipples on a tiny pillow of flesh, they're yours, so love 'em. Our breasts do not define us!

Frankly, I don't really remember *not* having breasts. By my eleventh birthday I was an A cup. By thirteen I was a healthy C. As a grown damned woman I am a 38DD. I like my tits & I'd like them just as much if they were horribly uneven or if I only had one or they were blue or something. Hating on them would be like hating the fact that my smile is crooked or that my left pinkie toe has no nail. They're just one physical part of me. And as I'm sure everybody knows, I like the fuck out of me.

Um, I *like* nipplage. In a weird way, I find it confrontational. Like, "Yeah, you can look, fuckstick, but that's all you're gonna get. I am strong, warm, & in command & these tetas are well beyond your reach. You wanna keep on wishin' though, I ain't gonna stop ya. But go for it & I'll cut you in half with a quickness." It's like my lady-boner, but not as creepy as a regular boner. I feel no shame in cold weather conditions. Maybe a little discomfort if it's really cold, but even that's kinda cool.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pug
post Jun 7 2008, 02:28 PM
Post #402

Hey I looked at that site (thanks!!). Do you know if they ship to the US?
I feel like Canada and Britain have these amazing stores and the US has... nothing.

One more thing and this feels like an odd topic to bring up: Does anyone have a problem with what I refer to as "nipplage": basically, noticing the outline of er "cold" nipples under bras. I notice all these nice bras from bigger boobs, but none of them have even the slightest padding to alleviate this problem!

+Quote Post
Juliesara
post Jun 7 2008, 01:34 AM
Post #403

BUSTie

QUOTE(pug @ Jun 7 2008, 03:59 AM) *
Apparently I've grown somewhat in the last couple of years and I went to get re-fitted and I apparently should be wearing a 28GG. The girls said I had no hope of finding that ever and that I should just go with a 30G.
Le sigh. Apparently nothing in the area has been working out for me lately!

Both Freya & Panache [Both UK brands!!] do small back sizes, so don't let them try & fob you off with a band size that is too large as you won't get enough support.

Some nice ones can be seen here

http://www.bravissimo.com/products/lingeri...k=28&cup=gg

+Quote Post
pug
post Jun 6 2008, 09:42 PM
Post #404

Apparently I've grown somewhat in the last couple of years and I went to get re-fitted and I apparently should be wearing a 28GG. The girls said I had no hope of finding that ever and that I should just go with a 30G.
Le sigh. Apparently nothing in the area has been working out for me lately!

+Quote Post
hellotampon
post Jun 6 2008, 07:47 PM
Post #405

Hardcore BUSTie

"Big boobs are so trashy" sounds like a deliberate dig from a jealous person. I usually think it's lame to chalk up every little thing to envy, but that's really what it sounds like here. I'd wear a really low cut top next time you see her and dangle them in front of her face.

I've gotten flak for wearing low-cut shirts all the time. But what people don't seem to understand is that when I wear a shirt with a high neck my chest looks *huge* and oddly-shaped. I need a low neck to visually cut that part of my body in half. I like to wear cardigans too, so they don't look so wide. Not only do I have big boobs, but they're sitting on top of a large ribcage, so I look like an upside-down pear. It sucks.

On that note, I don't know how a lot of girls find the right band size. As huge as my ribcage is, I only wear a 32, and that's the smallest size I ever see in stores... sometimes all I see are 34s. I'm not a big or tall person to begin with but I wear a size 5 pants and my ribcage is disproportionately large compared to the rest of my body, so I don't get how girls that are smaller than me aren't swimming in their bras.

+Quote Post
prophecy_grrl
post Jun 6 2008, 09:58 AM
Post #406

Hardcore BUSTie

rachelle, I second the recommendations made by geekchick - if you get professionally fitted, your bra will lift the ladies nicely and there will be no saggy grandma boobs. Don't underestimate the importance of the band size - that's where like 90% of the support should come from, not the straps.
When I was 16 I was a 36C and gradually put on weight over the years and just assumed my band size increased exponentially, at one point I was wearing a 42D just out of trial and error. When I finally got fitted, I was told that mine was the most common mistake women make when they increase sizes; there has to be a serious change in your body to go up 6 band sizes and cup sizes fluctuate more with weight gain/loss. Anyway, turns out I'm a 38DDD. I got some fantastic bras and my ta-ta's are perky and my back and shoulders are happier not doing so much work.
It's great to have a size, even if it is a hard one to find. You are going to have to spend more money and you will be limited in where you can shop but you can still find a variety of styles from basic to sexy. If your funds are limited, try just getting one really good bra that you can wear with anything - nude, smooth cup, plunging center works with button downs, t-shirts, and low-cut tops. I was having a really hard time with strapless too, but my month-long quest ended with a very helpful clerk at Nordstrom - Fantasie, 38E.

Well, I actually came in here to post my frustration with big boob-stigma and got side tracked by the bra finding discussion tongue.gif Anyway, my husband and I have been spending a lot of time with his brother and SIL and their circle of friends. SIL and friends are dancers by profession and as such have athletic frames and small boobs. They have made comments in the past about other dancers who have (gasp) C or D cups and have to actually wear bras during performances and how ill-fitting their costumes are or how it distracts from their dancing. OK, those comments are annoying but I kind of blew them off as a "dancer thing" but last week SIL's friend comments that "big boobs are so trashy" mad.gif First of all, hello standing right here with obvious big boobs - do you think I'm trashy? I was just so upset by it - it took me right back to jr high when I was branded a "slut" because I had boobs before the other girls. It took everything I had not to explode. The hubby was sweet about it, assured me that I had a beautiful, feminine figure and they look like 14 year old boys (hee hee), but it didn't make me feel better. I mean we're f**king adults - I still have to deal with this shit?

Has anyone else been in this situation? How did you handle it? I'm sort of regretting not saying anything.

+Quote Post
geekchickknits
post Jun 6 2008, 05:29 AM
Post #407

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Rachelle @ Jun 1 2008, 10:49 PM) *
OK
I definitely tried to read through most of this but I got a little tired and even more frustrated so here's my personal rant.

I'm 20 years old.. I live in Vancouver / Calgary depending on the time of the year.
I am a 34-36 DD when shopping in La Senza and what-not. I've never been fitted, I'm just worried about finding the right place to get fitted... I don't want to be shopping for bras my grandmother would wear.
I'm also a student with no-so-much money to spare on bra shopping.

Anyways, my issue with bra shopping is that I can't find anything that doesnt make my tits look like they're at my bellybutton. I'm 20!! This shouldn't be an issue... gah!!!!!!!! I can't get any advice from my mother because she was blessed with average sized boobs.
I want my boobs to sit where they're meant to sit, and I don't want to be stuck with average looking bras.

ALSO... I'm not a big girl... I don't know my size but I'm slim... I get comments all the time about how my boobs just don't fit on my body. So when shopping I tend to get disgustingly frustrated and pissed off because when it comes to buying shirts to wear I have to buy large just to fit my chest in them but usually with the current style of tops for people my age I look like i'm pregnant or something. I'd normally fit in a small if it weren't for the chest.
Anything from the cheapy kind of bar clothes stores usually have pre-padded boob "slots" (my nice way of putting it), and it makes it really frustrating when I can't buy anything because my large chest and small body just don't fit in the large boob slots.

Anyways... I really don't want to resort to buying expensive things because I just can't afford any of it. I am getting so frustrated with finding clothing to wear on nights out.

And if anyone has any legit information about breast reduction (i'm scared of scarring badly), could you pass it on?
Oh yeah, one last thing. I would really like to find a good strapless bra that doesnt make my boobs look like they belong on an 80 year old when I wear a tube top.
Thanks... sorry to sound so bitter, it just definitely gets me really frustrated after a day of unsuccessful shopping
PS: I'm scared to shop online for bras/lingerie because I'm worried about getting the wrong size

Wow, ok, a lot to deal with here......

If you think you're a 34/36 DD you're probably more along the lines of a 32F. If you're saying that you're a petite person in everywhere except your breasts, you probably want to be looking for a smaller number, larger cup. If all of the bras you try on give you grandma boobs, it's likely the band is too wide, and the straps are not adjusted properly.

I understand your frustration, but you need to get sized! If you're worried about getting sized incorrectly, get sized at several different places and see what the consensus is.

I also understand the conflict of being broke, and wanting nice sexy things, but here's the deal - with bras, you get what you pay for. It's an investment. Also, a bra that fits properly makes you look and feel better, and makes all your clothes fit better too. Once I dropped $250 on 4 bras, but I didn't need to buy any new bras for FOUR YEARS. It was totally worth it.

There is a store in Toronto I love (I know I've mentioned it here before) called Secrets from your Sister, and their website is fantastic. Lots of great tips, and all of the styles they carry are modelled on the site by real people, so you can get an idea of what it will look like on. I don't think they have any outlets, but they may know of a good store in your area, or at the very least, by searching the site, you can get an idea of what brands you may want to look for. I think there is also a section on how to get measured, so grab another busty friend, and measure away! You shouldn't measure yourself because it will be inaccurate.

Here's the site, I hope this rant back at you helps........

http://www.secretsfromyoursister.com/

+Quote Post
jessf
post Jun 5 2008, 03:58 PM
Post #408

Hi there,
I'm brand new to this group and I have a question for you all. I am engaged - getting married next summer and of course, I would like to buy some sexy lingerie for my honeymoon. I have always been a Victoria's Secret shopper (never found any other bras that fit my 36DDs better). I'm a petite figure (only 5'2") and my problem is that any lingerie I've ever tried on (in a medium, for example) fits in the body, but not at ALL in the boobs and then I don't look sexy at all - just stupid! Is there anywhere that anyone knows of that sells lingerie by bra size?? Doesn't seem like that novel of a concept to me, I'm sure it's out there, just don't know where to look. Thanks in advance for advice!

+Quote Post
DDDtataz
post Jun 1 2008, 11:55 PM
Post #409

hey there ladies!
i'm new to this site but have been reading through it the last couple of days. ya'll have done a great job giving me fantastic ideas and websites! i have checked out bravissimo(sp?), figleaf, etc. i am having a ridiculous time trying to find a swimsuit that does not TIE BEHIND THE FREAKING NECK! thanks to you guys, it seems as though i now have options, thank you!

i would like to give back by contributing a store/website for bras. they're by no means "fabulous looking" however i swear by these bras for everyday use! it's called soma.com. it's actually owned by chico's and are very comfy! i am a 38DDD and i too have been known to cry on my way home from bra shopping as well sad.gif my fiance, sadly, got the blunt of it and was probably thinking, "WTF?!" i think he freaked out at my hysterics and actually took me back out to help me find a bra tongue.gif ( this was during a UT football game mind you ) i too got lucky at fredericks of hollywood! sexy bras but i have not found the comfort in them to wear them everyday. they too told me that ddd=f. i about shit myself to think i had entered yet another "letter catagory" but they did fit very nicely.

soma also just came out with a sports bra but have not yet tried it out. they can't seem to keep them in stock which i guess means they live up to the advertisements! until then i guess i will continue doing the whole "2 bra" thing mad.gif

+Quote Post
pug
post Jun 1 2008, 09:05 PM
Post #410

Hey Rachelle. I have a similar dilemma as I am a 23 year old with 34F boobs and also more er slender elsewhere. The only bra I have ever found that made my boobs not hang low by sheer weight was at Fredericks of Hollywood. I can't even describe my love for the bra. (Don't worry the fit is not skanky or anything). Here's a link incase you're interested: http://www.fredericks.com/product.asp?cata...duct%5Fid=51004
As for shirts, the only thing that seems to work for me are "wifebeaters". And I have never found a strapless bra that works. I'm still crossing my fingers. I've tried everything including corsets to no avail.

+Quote Post
Rachelle
post Jun 1 2008, 08:32 PM
Post #411

OK
I definitely tried to read through most of this but I got a little tired and even more frustrated so here's my personal rant.

I'm 20 years old.. I live in Vancouver / Calgary depending on the time of the year.
I am a 34-36 DD when shopping in La Senza and what-not. I've never been fitted, I'm just worried about finding the right place to get fitted... I don't want to be shopping for bras my grandmother would wear.
I'm also a student with no-so-much money to spare on bra shopping.

Anyways, my issue with bra shopping is that I can't find anything that doesnt make my tits look like they're at my bellybutton. I'm 20!! This shouldn't be an issue... gah!!!!!!!! I can't get any advice from my mother because she was blessed with average sized boobs.
I want my boobs to sit where they're meant to sit, and I don't want to be stuck with average looking bras.

ALSO... I'm not a big girl... I don't know my size but I'm slim... I get comments all the time about how my boobs just don't fit on my body. So when shopping I tend to get disgustingly frustrated and pissed off because when it comes to buying shirts to wear I have to buy large just to fit my chest in them but usually with the current style of tops for people my age I look like i'm pregnant or something. I'd normally fit in a small if it weren't for the chest.
Anything from the cheapy kind of bar clothes stores usually have pre-padded boob "slots" (my nice way of putting it), and it makes it really frustrating when I can't buy anything because my large chest and small body just don't fit in the large boob slots.

Anyways... I really don't want to resort to buying expensive things because I just can't afford any of it. I am getting so frustrated with finding clothing to wear on nights out.

And if anyone has any legit information about breast reduction (i'm scared of scarring badly), could you pass it on?

Oh yeah, one last thing. I would really like to find a good strapless bra that doesnt make my boobs look like they belong on an 80 year old when I wear a tube top.

Thanks... sorry to sound so bitter, it just definitely gets me really frustrated after a day of unsuccessful shopping

PS: I'm scared to shop online for bras/lingerie because I'm worried about getting the wrong size

+Quote Post
Juliesara
post May 31 2008, 10:56 PM
Post #412

BUSTie

Over here we have Bravissimo which has branches in all the major cities, it caters for us DD+ girls & is pretty cool. The website has just changed and its the best I have seen for showing the differences between a good & a poor fitting bra, I just don't know why nobody else has thought of it.

http://www.bravissimo.com/perfectfit/

+Quote Post
geekchickknits
post May 23 2008, 10:46 PM
Post #413

Hardcore BUSTie

This is the store Toronto where I buy all of my bras (I'm a 34D) and they have an amazing selection. Even if you're not in the neighbourhood, I think they ship in Canada, and at the very least, you can check out what lines carry your sizes and then search for a local store. It's one of my favourite stores ever.

http://www.secretsfromyoursister.com/

+Quote Post
anna k
post May 22 2008, 12:37 PM
Post #414

Hardcore BUSTie

On Tuesday in my dance class, I was feeling really good about my breasts, as well as the rest of my body. I felt like I had this fantastic shape. It's weird, but part of it came from watching a History Channel special about the origin of comic book superheros. The female characters were all shapely dames, and I would look in the mirror and liked my proportions, pretending I was one of them. It just made me feel happy.

I got two new bras from Lane Bryant. If I'm in a regular clothing store and trying to find bras, I'm too big. In Lane Bryant, they're too big. The saleslady would tell me that my back was small but my breasts were big, so I could be a 38DDD or even try on a 40F. The bras I got were decent, but didn't give me that strapped-in bullet bra look that I like.

+Quote Post
pug
post May 19 2008, 03:43 AM
Post #415

Oh man I am so excited that this site exists! Probably like a lot of people I've been trying (unsuccessfully) to find a swimming suit.
Part of the problem is I'm not exactly sure of my size. Fredericks of Hollywood sizes me as a 34F (and their bras fit perfectly) but the sales lady assured me this is the same as a 34DDD and E's don't exist. But often I see 34DDD=34E. So I'm not quite sure about that...
I'm pretty specific with my desire for a swimming suit. I want support for sure but I also want some padding to stop nipplage. hahaha.
Victoria's Secret has some great looking swimming suits but they only go up to DD. I suppose its worth a try. Any suggestions for someone as picky as me?
Side note/story: Before I found Fredericks, most of my bra shopping trips would end with my crying and my mom feeling really bad for me. SO happy I FINALLY found something that works. Hah, one time I walked into Victoria's Secret to buy underwear and the sales lady was trying to get me to look at bras. I finally explained to her that their bras don't fit me. She didn't believe me at all (I do a whole lot of covering up). I finally challenged her to size me and lo and behold I was right!

+Quote Post
hellotampon
post May 11 2008, 07:50 AM
Post #416

Hardcore BUSTie

Mine do that too! And all the necks of my tee shirts are stretched out from being pulled down over my boobs.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post May 11 2008, 07:33 AM
Post #417

Big Fat Bitch

Has anybody noticed that your tops get worn out through friction on the boobs? I bought some lovely tops in a very fine knit that are now pilling where my arms brush my breasts. I first noticed this last year when I pulled on a very old t shirt & my bf laughed because the top was completely worn in the boob area. It was solid grey until you got to the chest where it was tissue thin.

And Mr. Boobie lover, go fuck yourself. There isn't anything to see here & your mere presence offends me.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
Megnog
post May 11 2008, 02:16 AM
Post #418

BUSTie

That happened to me too.... A year and a half ago I lost like 30 pounds and I think my boobs actually got bigger. Some of us are just "blessed"!!

QUOTE(coela @ May 10 2008, 06:26 AM) *

Hey. Anyone out there with a big bust who lost a lot of weight?
Everyone kept telling me I'd lose from the bust area first of all,
but I've lost 28 lbs and nothing from the girls. I've actually had to go
UP a cup size to a G, since my band has become 1 size smaller
but my breasts have not. It's really annoying, not to mention expensive,
since I have more weight to lose and have to change bra size a couple
of more times. I naturally can't go without. :-P

I only have 2 bras right now, so I have to wash them in the sink daily
or every other day. It's not super convenient, but buying underwear
on the internet is too much of a hassle - and there aren't any stores
around that carry my size anymore since I went up a cup. Blah.

+Quote Post
kinkaju
post May 10 2008, 08:44 PM
Post #419

BUSTie

That's pretty much the same problem I have with every bra I've ever worn. The thing in between never lays flat against my body and over the course of the day some of my boob meat ends up migrating toward that gap and I end up with uni-boob mad.gif I'm thinking about putting some double sided tape inside my bra and see if that helps haha.

--------------------

+Quote Post
hellotampon
post May 10 2008, 12:50 PM
Post #420

Hardcore BUSTie

I've heard that if a bra doesn't lay flat against the front of your chest in between your boobs then it doesn't fit properly. I don't even see how that's possible... unless my boobs are just really close together. Does anyone else have that problem?

+Quote Post

38 Pages V  « < 19 20 21 22 23 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 16, 2014 - 09:55 PM