Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

294 Pages V  « < 280 281 282 283 284 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> BustSecret: Ordinary Confessions from Extraordinary Busties
voodoo_princess
post May 17 2006, 09:04 AM
Post #5621

Hardcore BUSTie

In regards to the decision to have children, I hear people say all the time that if they had it to do over, they wouldn't do anything different. I have children and I do love them but if I had it to do over.... I wouldn't have children at all. I feel bad about this, like it seems as though I don't love my children. I do, but if I could change things, I would have never had children. People say, think about what you would have missed out on..... well, if I had never had children, HOW would I know what I'm "missing out on" without them? What I'm missing out on NOW is freedom to come and go as I please, the ability to travel the world with NO strings attached, no one else to worry about but myself, the ability to go back to school with no issues like childcare holding me back....
This all sounds really selfish but, I did chose to have my children and I have done everything to give them the best life I can and if wondering what it would be like without them is the worst thing I do, then I guess I'm doing ok.... still makes me feel a little guilty tho, like I'm a bad mom...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
miss_jane
post May 17 2006, 08:42 AM
Post #5622

BUSTie

I am still trying to fit in. I wear different clothes and listen to different music and change who I am as often as change my underwear.

Now I don't know who the true me is.

+Quote Post
freckleface2727
post May 17 2006, 05:52 AM
Post #5623

Hardcore BUSTie

misspissed, the mr & I were just saying that the last time we went out to dinner & they botched our last name so badly even WE couldn't be sure it was us they were calling, and he actually said " you know, maybe next time we ought to just say Jones?" I cracked up!

I was not enough of a feminist (before marriage) to keep my unmarried name, which I like infinitely better bc it is both easier and Irish.

in the 6th grade, the new girl in class & I bonded bc we both had equally strange names. nothing else much in common beyond that, but hey- at 12? it's enough!

ironically enough, my name is now somewhat mainstream, though most people use a different pronunciation than mine so to me, it's still wrong and I automatically correct them and probably come across as horribly Rude.

--------------------
I am a *spark* in this world; get lit.

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post May 17 2006, 03:43 AM
Post #5624

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

I do dream of marring some guy whose last name is "Jones" (my boyfriend).

I have repetitive strain injury from pressing the snooze button on my alarm clock, when I should have been awake and doing uni work.

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post
rantrave88
post May 17 2006, 12:01 AM
Post #5625

BUSTie

I hate my friends in my hometown and wish they were cooler.

I'm leaving home this summer because i think I have a better chance finding someone while i hang out with my gay boyfriend.

I'm scared to drive six hours tomorrow because i don't have an ipod or cd player with me

I feel like i'll be alone forever drinking carlo rossi out of jugs and listening to old liz phair.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post May 16 2006, 11:49 PM
Post #5626

Big Fat Bitch

I am way in over my head emotionally & stressed to the max.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
tyger
post May 16 2006, 10:43 PM
Post #5627

Hardcore BUSTie

sometimes i just like to hurt people. not physically, emotionally. and i am far too good at finding sore spots and breaking points

+Quote Post
tyger
post May 16 2006, 08:55 PM
Post #5628

Hardcore BUSTie

i was like that about singing. my voice was a closely guarded secret, but then i got outed at a senior's dinner when one of the singers got sick. i sing in a little choir now, and it's great because i get to sing but not be the only one in the spotlight.

i collect the fortunes people leave behind at the restaurant where i work

+Quote Post
raisingirl
post May 16 2006, 08:38 PM
Post #5629

PANTIES! ew.

Same here, MP and FF, on both the unusual name (used to want to change it; now I know I'm never going to change it and I'm happy with it) and being uncool. Let's be uncool and have unpronouncable names together.

+Quote Post
misspissed
post May 16 2006, 07:38 PM
Post #5630

Hardcore BUSTie

freckle, oh my! we share the same name issues!

i have an unusual first and last name, and spent a lot of time explaining it and pronouncing it to various people. i used to dream of marrying some guy whose last name was "Smith" or "Jones".

funny thing is, now people tend to compliment my name, and i wouldn't change it for the world.

ETA: lately, i have been feeling i am just not that cool.

there will always be younger, better looking, hipper, more successful people doing better and more interesting things than me.

i have a hard time dealing with that.

+Quote Post
erinjane
post May 16 2006, 06:09 PM
Post #5631

Hardcore BUSTie

I think that one of my profs was harder on marking me because I'm a feminist. I have no proof, just an inkling, and a lousy C mixed in with my B+ and A's.

I'm afraid I won't be able to get my GPA up high enough to get into a good master's program because I royally fucked up my first year.

I get mad at my older brother who repeatedly fucks up and gets a 'get out of jail free' card. He and his girlfriend got pregnant and got married when he was 20, and lives in a beautiful house despite having a crappy job. But what I'm really angry about is he dropped out of university in the second month because his girlfriend was pregnant and ended up with a 0.0 GPA. He went back this year and they cleared his record. I get a lot of free rides too, but I feel like I'm more thankful for them. The university thing really pisses me off.

doodle, I have a killer singing voice too and I also get terrified singing in front of people. If my friends ask me to I put on a stupid voice and pretend to be goofy but really I'm just afraid. I'm trying so hard to overcome it though because I love to sing.

--------------------
I Could Tell You Stories That Would Make Your Ears Curl

+Quote Post
freckleface2727
post May 16 2006, 05:22 PM
Post #5632

Hardcore BUSTie

doodlebug-
I pretend I'm not me, or that they have the wrong #, if the person calling can't pronounce either our last name (german), my first name (scandinavian) or both. it's usually both, with the long awkward pause " (dead silence)__may I please speak to________ ah Mrs _________"
my rule of thumb is : if they don't know how to say my/our names, they don't get in to see the wizard. no way. no how.
most affective for dealing w/tellemarketers.
it's my way of foiling blocked caller id #'s.

please note : I am always very polite in these situations bc having been a telemarketer, I know they're only trying to do their jobs & meet quotas.

confession: once as a kid I so hated my weird 1st name that I told everyone to call me by my middle name (Anne) as I had just moved and it was my chance to be "normal."
not only did I never respond when people called me that, after I gave up & went thru the whole explanation of how to say my actual name, people only thought I was that much weirder.

--------------------

+Quote Post
catsoup
post May 16 2006, 03:12 PM
Post #5633

Sarcasm is the refuge of losers.

Background: I was to be laid off in January but it never happened due to an unexpected one-time-only funding source at the NPO I work at.

Confession: I'm unhappy at work and sort of wish had been laid off if only because it would have kicked me in the ass to get a different job.

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post May 16 2006, 03:03 PM
Post #5634

I know it's only rock 'n' roll. But I like it.

I wear makeup to even the most "radical feminist" conferences and meetings, and I'm frequently the only woman there wearing it.

I occasionally pretend I'm not me, when I answer the phone (work or home) and it's someone I don't want to talk to. This doesn't usually work with people I already know, of course...although sometimes I can still pull it off with my fake "high class secretary" voice.

I have a killer singing voice but I'm terrified of singing in front of other people. I get so nervous that I shake, and then my voice shakes.

--------------------
Check out my band's new demo online! You can DL my original....and please fan up if ya like it!

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post May 16 2006, 02:48 PM
Post #5635

(o)(o)

I fucking hate how people at my work are all tight. I feel like I am in high school again. While I get along with everyone, there is a particular group of people who are tight-y
tight-y and I cannot fucking stand it. This is how these people get ahead at work.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
tyger
post May 16 2006, 10:50 AM
Post #5636

Hardcore BUSTie

sometimes i'm scared i'm just like the porter from observatory mansions. moving buttons from jacket to jacket to appear put together and perfect. only having/acknowledging feelings for people when someone else has a chance with them.

i'd take a perverse amount of joy in wearing red eyeshadow to work, because i know it would be work inapropriate.

i eat meat for no reason other than i'm selfish. i was vegetarian for more than a year, and then i just went fuck it, i'm tired of caring about animals/the environment when barely anyone else does

+Quote Post
freckleface2727
post May 16 2006, 09:57 AM
Post #5637

Hardcore BUSTie

culturehandy-
I can do that too, sense someone eles's energy (esp neg or dark), and yes, it's a pain in the butt to pick up on things other people around you are totally oblivious to.

I always run the fan or the water in the bathroom when I pee so no one hears me.
even when I'm home alone.

--------------------

+Quote Post
girlygirlgag
post May 16 2006, 09:47 AM
Post #5638

Super BadAss

As a former server, in a state where I was paid $2.15, people at Starbucks who are making over min wage, really piss me off. You are taking an order, yelling it, and making it. That is in your job description. Servers, seat you, bring drinks, make recomendations, create atmosphere (the good ones at least) and take their time on you.

there is a HUGE difference. If you want to make tips, become a server, a busser, a bar tender, a cabbie, a hairdresser, etc.

--------------------
Constantly on.

+Quote Post
raisingirl
post May 16 2006, 08:17 AM
Post #5639

PANTIES! ew.

Oh, and... I HATE TIP JARS. I'm sorry, but I do. It's out of control. I'm not going to tip someone who pours me a coffee that I've ordered while standing at a counter. F that noise. I don't care if the "barista" (I didn't know I was in Italy) is working for minimum wage. I'm all for gratuities included in the price of the product, if need be (like they do in France), but I know that will never happen here in the US of A.

98% of the time I make my own coffee at home anyway.

+Quote Post
raisingirl
post May 16 2006, 08:07 AM
Post #5640

PANTIES! ew.

Oh cod, the maternal unit sent me an email saying she missed hearing from me on Sunday. Way to go with the guilt trip.

+Quote Post

294 Pages V  « < 280 281 282 283 284 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 23, 2014 - 03:24 AM