Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 103 104 105 106 107 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
ThisSux
post Feb 13 2008, 11:31 PM
Post #2081

BUSTie

Ooooh I see the recent topic has been about HPV. I have HPV and it progressed to mild cervical dysplasia???? Spelling I'm not sure......I just had a leep done and was hoping this procedure would help fix up my insides and make my innards healthier and clear up the bv but NO! BV is still there. Hopefully once I fix up my kidney I'll start getting healthier.....but I'm not holding my breath.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ThisSux
post Feb 13 2008, 11:25 PM
Post #2082

BUSTie

Hi girls, just here to give you an update on my condition. I've had BV for the past 6 months or so and just found out I have a kidney infection. I've had some pain in my lower left back for the past month or so and I finally went in and was diagnosed. It was more like an ache....not too bad, just kinda sore. Please be careful, I've done research and I guess infection from other parts of the body can travel up to the kidney, although kidney infections are generally caused by bladder infections.

But I've been thinking maybe I've had this kidney infection for some time now and because of it is one reason my bv hasn't been able to clear up??? Just a thought. I'm on antibiotics now and hopefully it will clear it up as we all know kidney infections can progress to very serious. The strange thing is I never had any symptoms of a kidney infection prior to this so it's actually pretty scary that its gone undiagnosed for so long.

Currently I'm on antibiotics AND I'm doing the Yeast Arrest twice a day. I know better to think that this treatment is gonna knock the bv out of my system, its been really stubborn as you all know it can be. But I'll let you all know how that works out.

Good luck to you all!

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Feb 13 2008, 08:47 PM
Post #2083

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(lulubare@yahoo.com @ Feb 13 2008, 05:24 PM) *
Hi I am new to this forum. I have had bv for 6 months with severe swelling. My doctor finally admitted the antibiotics are never going to help me. The new treatment is steroid cream externally for the swelling and irritation (so far it is not helping) and Nuvaring placed inside me. Has anyone ever heard of Nuvaring being used to help restore the vaginal ecosystem? The doctor claims it helps the lactobacilli come back, something about the topical estrogen improving vaginal health.
This is called an off label use of a medication since I'm not using it for contraception (haven't been able to intercourse for 6 months). I'm hoping the Nuvaring is going to help but I really don't think it will. I have been taking acidophilus orally for months and no help, also used it vaginally which burned the vaginal lining and made me much worse. Have really tried everything and my condition continues to get worse, to the point where I am confined to my home because I'm in too much pain to walk. The doctor says my symptoms aren't typical of BV, I don't know why I have this severe swelling.

Hi Lulubare,
Some people here have tried the Nuvaring, and it has helped their BV! If you want to read about what those women had to say, you can read their posts by clicking the search button on the upper right hand side of this page, and typing in the word you are searching for, in this case 'nuvaring', and it will pull up all the previous posts... Good luck.

+Quote Post
mg86
post Feb 13 2008, 06:59 PM
Post #2084

BUSTie

QUOTE(lulubare@yahoo.com @ Feb 13 2008, 05:24 PM) *
Hi I am new to this forum. I have had bv for 6 months with severe swelling. My doctor finally admitted the antibiotics are never going to help me. The new treatment is steroid cream externally for the swelling and irritation (so far it is not helping) and Nuvaring placed inside me. Has anyone ever heard of Nuvaring being used to help restore the vaginal ecosystem? The doctor claims it helps the lactobacilli come back, something about the topical estrogen improving vaginal health.
This is called an off label use of a medication since I'm not using it for contraception (haven't been able to intercourse for 6 months). I'm hoping the Nuvaring is going to help but I really don't think it will. I have been taking acidophilus orally for months and no help, also used it vaginally which burned the vaginal lining and made me much worse. Have really tried everything and my condition continues to get worse, to the point where I am confined to my home because I'm in too much pain to walk. The doctor says my symptoms aren't typical of BV, I don't know why I have this severe swelling.

Hi lulu

Welcome to the forum! I am pretty new here myself. I have never heard of the Nuvaring being used in that way, but hey, it couldn't hurt smile.gif I know what you mean about the swelling - I have had BV for a year and a half now, but when I first got it I was so swollen and it hurt to walk as well. I haven't had sex in several months (due to single life not BV), but when I did have sex with BV I was really swollen and sore afterwards. I am sorry you have to deal with that! I hope that what your doctor prescribes works for you. Keep us posted!

+Quote Post
lulubare@yahoo.c...
post Feb 13 2008, 04:07 PM
Post #2085

+Quote Post
chronicpanic
post Feb 12 2008, 08:12 PM
Post #2086

i am taking a daily capsule of acidophillus, just in case =) however as i am still on a 2 week antibiotic course not sure if its effective since it'll probably kill off all of the acidophillus =(

anyway just wondering.. my funky smellin discharge is gone (yay!) and its back to smelling normal again! but the consistuency is rather thick, and its a light yellow colour which dried up to a darker yellow on my pantyliners. if i remember crrectly my normal vaginal discharge dries up to a faint off-white colour.. do u think its a result of the antibiotic?! ive gone thru all the blood tests so an STD is out. arghhhh!

+Quote Post
neverending
post Feb 12 2008, 12:24 PM
Post #2087

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(yme30 @ Feb 12 2008, 02:42 PM) *
Hi Wefy, I was reading on HPV and it does say that it can clear up on its own, also that its genital warts but can rarely turn into cervical cancer. So if you are going back for test and they find something they can address it early on which will help a great deal but thats only if they find something wrong.

I think your smell could be related to BV because maybe your ph gets off balance after your period and the BV takes over temporarily. Anyway just talk to your doctor about it again and tell him specifically about the odor. Be good

HPV does clear up on it's own but because it is so common your likely to catch it again (different strains of it). If men weren't such big whores that pride themselves on how many women they bed, maybe HPV wouldn't be such a big problem (75% of the sexually active community has HPV) because remember, the number of partners your partner sleeps with, you might as well say you've slept with those people too. Also (i've read somewhere) the HPV virus is so small that it is able to pass through latex.

+Quote Post
CarrieBradshaw
post Feb 12 2008, 08:04 AM
Post #2088

BUSTie

Hi ladies! I just had to share this with you:

I was reading an interview with Jessica Alba in Elle magazine last night. For some reason, it was listing all the things that she had in her purse at the time, and guess what?! One of the things they mentioned were Acidolphilus pills. I wonder if Jessica has had problems with BV or some other issues before?! I guess celebrities aren't as perfect as we all thought. smile.gif I do feel for her though......maybe she can join our forum?! Or maybe she's already here... smile.gif

Anyways, it could have nothing to do with any V problems, but as the BV sufferer I am, that's the first thing I thought of. smile.gif

+Quote Post
yme30
post Feb 12 2008, 07:25 AM
Post #2089

BUSTie

QUOTE(whateverfitsyou @ Feb 9 2008, 07:45 PM) *
Hey. I'm 18 and soo clueless to this whole HPV and BV thing. I recently had a colposcopy(sp?) and whatnot. Obviously they found some abnormal cells. I had an appointment for my results,however, I had to cancel. So, my results are delayed until 3 weeks! Anyways, does having HPV means you have genital warts(or cancer). Or, does is simply means you have HPV?(unless you actually have the strand that causes genital warts.) Also, I read on a website that sometimes HPV can clear itself..is that true?

Oh and I've been reading about this horrible vaginal smell.Particularly, one member mentioned a ''diaper'' like smell. That's exactly what I've been having! It occurs the last day of my period and about 7 to 14 days after. It'll go away but come right back after my period.I can smell it through my clothes while I'm sitting down,or sometimes standing. It has a range of smells...sometimes it smell like old garbage,a dead rat(gross? I know), or as though someone has lost their manners(aka) pass gass/ pooting/farting. Could this be a smell related to BV? I had the smell when I went to the doc to get my colposcopy, but it wasn't as strong as usual. So, my doc didn't get the ''full-effect'' of this odor. He said its nothing to worry about, since I was just ending my period.

Hi Wefy, I was reading on HPV and it does say that it can clear up on its own, also that its genital warts but can rarely turn into cervical cancer. So if you are going back for test and they find something they can address it early on which will help a great deal but thats only if they find something wrong.

I think your smell could be related to BV because maybe your ph gets off balance after your period and the BV takes over temporarily. Anyway just talk to your doctor about it again and tell him specifically about the odor. Be good

+Quote Post
mg86
post Feb 11 2008, 07:04 PM
Post #2090

BUSTie

QUOTE(whateverfitsyou @ Feb 9 2008, 06:45 PM) *
Hey. I'm 18 and soo clueless to this whole HPV and BV thing. I recently had a colposcopy(sp?) and whatnot. Obviously they found some abnormal cells. I had an appointment for my results,however, I had to cancel. So, my results are delayed until 3 weeks! Anyways, does having HPV means you have genital warts(or cancer). Or, does is simply means you have HPV?(unless you actually have the strand that causes genital warts.) Also, I read on a website that sometimes HPV can clear itself..is that true?

Oh and I've been reading about this horrible vaginal smell.Particularly, one member mentioned a ''diaper'' like smell. That's exactly what I've been having! It occurs the last day of my period and about 7 to 14 days after. It'll go away but come right back after my period.I can smell it through my clothes while I'm sitting down,or sometimes standing. It has a range of smells...sometimes it smell like old garbage,a dead rat(gross? I know), or as though someone has lost their manners(aka) pass gass/ pooting/farting. Could this be a smell related to BV? I had the smell when I went to the doc to get my colposcopy, but it wasn't as strong as usual. So, my doc didn't get the ''full-effect'' of this odor. He said its nothing to worry about, since I was just ending my period.

Hi whateverfitsyou,

welcome to the forum. I am pretty new here myself. As for the HPV, when I had it I was freaking out too because I was afraid I would get genital warts or cancer. Basically what my doctor told me is that there are hundreds of variations and only a handful are cancerous. I am not sure about the genital warts..however if the cells are cancerous and you catch them early you are totally safe. I was very scared but my gyno told me it was about 10 years (give or take) before it would develop into full-fledged cancer. Also HPV does go away on its own sometimes. It is soo common, I can't believe it has only come into light in the recent years or so..especially since there are often no symptoms. I'm sure you'll be just fine. Catching it early is the most important thing, as is having regular exams.

As for the smell I'm not sure what to tell you. From what I've read here everyone reports weird smells but they are all different. if it is really strong and noticeable and not like your normal smell than it is probably related to some kind of infection. it may be BV but you should get checked for other stuff just in case.

hope this helps!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Feb 10 2008, 11:46 PM
Post #2091

Hardcore BUSTie

Hello everyone...just wanted to give a quick update. All is still awesome on my end. Thank you again Morphia for the Tea Tree Oil suggestion. It's changed my life!! I can't explain why it's worked for me, other then, it's taken my bv away. The last time I posted, which was a couple of weeks ago, was the last time I used Tea Tree Oil. Had sex this weekend, TWICE!! haha, AND, still no smell. I will use a TTO tomorrow night, just to be on the safe side.

The "Bubbles" that you all talk about, that is a for sure sign for me, when I have B.V. That is gone. The smell is gone. The discharge is gone. And remember, I have been battling this for over 5yrs. All I can suggest, is you all keep trying.

But for me, it's the Tea Tree Oil!! I LOVE IT!!

+Quote Post
whateverfitsyou
post Feb 9 2008, 05:28 PM
Post #2092

BUSTie

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Feb 9 2008, 03:12 PM
Post #2093

Big Fat Bitch

Um, okay, so this isn't exactly my bailiwick, but I have to say, doesn't amoxicillin actually *contribute* to yeast infections/bv by changing your pussy's pH? Wouldn't taking it just makes things worse?

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
konphusion26
post Feb 9 2008, 01:47 AM
Post #2094

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey girls... i had one of those "oh crap is that me!" moments tonite while I was out dancing. I did some crazy dance move and smelled a whiff of fish! BUT IT WASNT ME thank God. It was some chick behind me. But I was paranoid for the rest of the night. Good grief. Happy Saturday ladies.

--------------------
Faith is hoping for and believing in things you cannot see!

+Quote Post
neverending
post Feb 8 2008, 11:46 AM
Post #2095

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(SpRiNkLeS @ Feb 8 2008, 07:31 AM) *
So I totally need to vent and rant and you ladies are the only people on the face of this earth who know EXACTLY what I am talking about. Ok so I am completely depressed right now. My BV ‘smells’ came back a few days ago and although they are very faint I am not happy. It was the damn friggin period ya’ll!!!! I just KNEW that the odors would come back once my period ended. No, No, NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My life like sucks again. Thank goodness I have my son, he comes up to me all needing hugs and just to sit on my lap and he makes me feel wanted. Like how the HELL am I ever supposed to find a hot man who would want to put up with me? I mean with a vagina that randomly smells like a diaper and food. Like………$*%$** I’m all whiny and tantrum prone tonight. Arrgh!!! I need chocolate.

I have a totally new smell to announce. CHEESE!!!!! Yes you read correctly. My kitty smells all cheesy. Lol…………no it’s not funny!!!!!!!! I smell like cheese sticks. Three days ago I woke up and went to the bathroom and I’m like…………what the f**%? I smell like cheese?!!!!!! So I shower and it goes away but comes back at night. You can’t smell it through my clothes YET (who knows what the heck will happen in the next few days!) but whenever I go to the bathroom and check things out it’s like a total cheese party down there. Weird I know. And before the cheese happened guess what I smelled like? Chicken Caesar salad!!! I’m serious.

Like I have mentioned before, my vagina hates me and she is playing games.
------------------------------
On a totally separate note I had the most awesome dream that I have EVER remembered last night. It was all Matrix-like (as in the movie THE MATRIX) and it was all bizarre and awesome. Frickin hero over here!! Cheers and all that jazz.
I’m goin all crazy. It’s the BV!!!!

The Bv will do that to you hun! LMAO @ YOUR POST. I'm doing much better now mentally. I was on the edge a couple of months but this is a new year and I haven't had bv in a long time and I feel better. I 've had men come up to me a lot lately. Feels soooooo GOOD. Anyway, I hope you all find that wonderful cure for yourselves and never give up. Try everything. Oh, and I had a couple of ideas:

1. when I had bv I took Caprylic (sp?) acid, that I bought from the health food store, and tha helped.
2. Putting either apple cider vinegar or lemons in the water works wonders too. (squeeze the lemons in the tub)
3.Colon hydrotheraphy helps also but it only keeps the bv away for 2-3 days.
4.aerobic oxygen works wonders also. just put a couple of drops(i think 15) in water and drink.

Hope this helps!

+Quote Post
konphusion26
post Feb 8 2008, 03:35 AM
Post #2096

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(SpRiNkLeS @ Feb 8 2008, 02:09 AM) *
Konphusion! Sister girl!! Lol…………….so when you say “master-debate” are you actually talking about what I THINK you are talking about? Self love, hmm? OMG, so I totally wanted to talk about that with all the ladies here but wasn’t sure if anyone would reply………..except maybe QuietMadness because I know she doesn’t mind if I ask personal questions. OK so the question I have for everyone here...

DOES ANYONE’S BV GET WORSE AFTER A SELF EXPLORATION SESSION? And Konphusion if that is not at all what you were talking about then I totally feel like an ass.

SPRINKLES!! hey babe! YES thats exactly what I meant.. i just didnt wanna come out and say it!! LOL Mine seems to get worse too girl! So i've been trying to NOT go there, but I am losing my mind.. no sex in the last MONTH because of this crap. Its unreal. Gosh.... I thought I was the only one. And if this is thread- inappropriate I apologize. I just figured someone else might be goin thru the same thing and could relate. Yall are my therapy!!!!! Sprinkles, my smell has been buttermilk, turpentine (from the TTO) and fish lately... Yum LOL Not attractive. Plus i get the bubbles all the time down there. I still dont understand that crap. Poor hubby has to be thinkin what the hell!! But he's super supportive and tries to stay out of my way when I'm ranting and frustrated. Anyway its almost 5am and i havent been to sleep yet. Must force myself to lay down now.

SMOOCHES!

--------------------
Faith is hoping for and believing in things you cannot see!

+Quote Post
chronicpanic
post Feb 8 2008, 01:57 AM
Post #2097

QUOTE(SpRiNkLeS @ Feb 8 2008, 02:09 AM) *
Ok so I took the time to read all the posts. Hmmm……..maybe next time I’ll do that BEFORE I post. YES good idea. There’s so many!! Oh and HI Virgin4Life, thanks but unfortunately it came back. It went away from using MetroGel ( the ONLY antibiotic that works for me) but comes back sometimes at the end of my period. Last time I was lucky enough to go through 3 periods before my BV came back. =( I just started BC last month so hopefully in another 2 months my hormones will start to become sane.

I also wanted to say hi to all the new girls Chronicpanic (doh! I shoulda thought of that name), Texie and Greeneyyes.

Konphusion! Sister girl!! Lol…………….so when you say “master-debate” are you actually talking about what I THINK you are talking about? Self love, hmm? OMG, so I totally wanted to talk about that with all the ladies here but wasn’t sure if anyone would reply………..except maybe QuietMadness because I know she doesn’t mind if I ask personal questions. OK so the question I have for everyone here...

DOES ANYONE’S BV GET WORSE AFTER A SELF EXPLORATION SESSION? Mine would totally get worse for a whole day. I mean it would be BAD FISH and it made me feel so dirty and guilty when in actuality I’m practicing celibacy so I should feel clean!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway that was actually before I used the MetroGel and my BV was bad back then anyway. So since I’ve used the MetroGel my BV has been awesome except for the cheese aroma the last couple days. Anyway I’m so traumatized I haven’t “master-debated” in a while. And Konphusion if that is not at all what you were talking about then I totally feel like an ass.

hello! biggrin.gif

i've been trying to smell myself like crazy these past few days (yes gross but im sure u girls understand the hell im going thru) and im still friggin undecided if it smells normal or if its a tad fishier than normal! grrrrrrrrr.

and what is metrogel? ive been on amoxicillin for a week but not much effect. sigh

+Quote Post
SpRiNkLeS
post Feb 8 2008, 12:52 AM
Post #2098

BUSTie

Ok so I took the time to read all the posts. Hmmm……..maybe next time I’ll do that BEFORE I post. YES good idea. There’s so many!! Oh and HI Virgin4Life, thanks but unfortunately it came back. It went away from using MetroGel ( the ONLY antibiotic that works for me) but comes back sometimes at the end of my period. Last time I was lucky enough to go through 3 periods before my BV came back. =( I just started BC last month so hopefully in another 2 months my hormones will start to become sane.

I also wanted to say hi to all the new girls Chronicpanic (doh! I shoulda thought of that name), Texie and Greeneyyes.

DOES ANYONE’S BV GET WORSE AFTER A SELF EXPLORATION SESSION? Mine would totally get worse for a whole day. I mean it would be BAD FISH and it made me feel so dirty and guilty when in actuality I’m practicing celibacy so I should feel clean!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway that was actually before I used the MetroGel and my BV was bad back then anyway. So since I’ve used the MetroGel my BV has been awesome except for the cheese aroma the last couple days. Anyway I’m so traumatized I haven’t “master-debated” in a while. And Konphusion if that is not at all what you were talking about then I totally feel like an ass.

+Quote Post
SpRiNkLeS
post Feb 8 2008, 12:14 AM
Post #2099

BUSTie

So I totally need to vent and rant and you ladies are the only people on the face of this earth who know EXACTLY what I am talking about. Ok so I am completely depressed right now. My BV ‘smells’ came back a few days ago and although they are very faint I am not happy. It was the damn friggin period ya’ll!!!! I just KNEW that the odors would come back once my period ended. No, No, NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My life like sucks again. Thank goodness I have my son, he comes up to me all needing hugs and just to sit on my lap and he makes me feel wanted. Like how the HELL am I ever supposed to find a hot man who would want to put up with me? I mean with a vagina that randomly smells like a diaper and food. Like………$*%$** I’m all whiny and tantrum prone tonight. Arrgh!!! I need chocolate.

I have a totally new smell to announce. CHEESE!!!!! Yes you read correctly. My kitty smells all cheesy. Lol…………no it’s not funny!!!!!!!! I smell like cheese sticks. Three days ago I woke up and went to the bathroom and I’m like…………what the f**%? I smell like cheese?!!!!!! So I shower and it goes away but comes back at night. You can’t smell it through my clothes YET (who knows what the heck will happen in the next few days!) but whenever I go to the bathroom and check things out it’s like a total cheese party down there. Weird I know. And before the cheese happened guess what I smelled like? Chicken Caesar salad!!! I’m serious.

Like I have mentioned before, my vagina hates me and she is playing games.
------------------------------
On a totally separate note I had the most awesome dream that I have EVER remembered last night. It was all Matrix-like (as in the movie THE MATRIX) and it was all bizarre and awesome. Frickin hero over here!! Cheers and all that jazz.
I’m goin all crazy. It’s the BV!!!!

+Quote Post
mg86
post Feb 7 2008, 06:53 PM
Post #2100

BUSTie

QUOTE(texie @ Feb 6 2008, 05:01 PM) *
Need advice please- and I'm sorry, but this has probably come up in older threads-

Is there any link between HPV and BV? - I feel like my fiance has given me both- the HPV for sure. My gyno tested me for BV and I tested negative, but there is of course still a smell and itch that comes and goes.

I want to continue to use condoms because I think that he's irritating my vagina- I've been reading that this will aggrevate the BV- but I can't really stand to have sex with him without condoms knowing of what's lurking down below- Is condom use a no-no for BV?

So, can he be "sanitized?" I just had my first biopsies, which were very painful and made the BV flare up- I'm going to start taking F-dophilus-

I'm extremely pissed that I have to deal with his past- he had no idea of course, and still has no idea of what an aggrevation this is- between this and his family I'm ready to call it off

This isn't advice, really, but, I sort of feel there may be a link. In summer of '06 I had an abnormal pap smear that diagnosed me with HPV. supposedly there are many different strains and only a handful are cancerous, but lucky me, I had one of the pre-cancerous types, so they had to remove it. Basically I had to have my cervix frozen (cryotherapy) to kill off the pre-cancerous cells.

This was in June, and several months later, upon entering a new relationship (Aug/September), my BV fun began. I am wondering if something about the procedure left me more susceptible to infection?

However I was also on a lot of antibiotics around that time too, so its hard to say..Hope things get better for you smile.gif

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 103 104 105 106 107 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
9 User(s) are reading this topic (9 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 22, 2014 - 02:08 AM