The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

211 Pages V  « < 91 92 93 94 95 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> small breast support group - (I need it even if they don't)
koffeewitch
post Oct 16 2009, 10:29 AM
Post #1841

Hardcore BUSTie

Sorry; unintended post. Poltergiests in my computer today. dry.gif

--------------------
"The U.S. is the only nation on Earth to pass from barbarism into decadence without once passing through an era of civilization."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Oct 16 2009, 09:04 AM
Post #1842

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(spot-on @ Oct 15 2009, 02:27 PM) *
Maybe we smallies are more active overall?

Don't know if we're more active, though many of us have expressed how glad we were not to have to big 'uns at certain times. I took karate for many years (as you may have guessed) and was always glad in the dojo to be "streamlined." Though large-chested women can do lots of active stuff with the right sports bras.

Last year I was in the rafters of my new house, installing wiring and fitting my little self through all sorts of crannies to do so. I was actually somewhat encumbered by my little AA's and VERY glad they were not an ounce bigger!!! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
spot-on
post Oct 15 2009, 09:27 AM
Post #1843

Hardcore BUSTie

Thanks KarateGrrrl. Yep I bought some bra's from Walmart last, moulded cups (no nipplage). The ones from Target I haven't had much luck with, just trying them on and feeling pretty uncomfortable. I am all about comfort.

And I have to agree on the biking smile.gif We dirtbike. I ride a Honda CRF 230 smile.gif Hmm Boob job or a dirtbike? Dirtbike everytime! Oh we also snowboard too, and I run 3x a week, and currently doing p90x for weights. Maybe we smallies are more active overall?

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Oct 15 2009, 08:10 AM
Post #1844

Hardcore BUSTie

spot-on, WELCOME to our lovely little corner of cyberspace! I, too found it in much the same way awhile back, and I must say it has changed my life for the better.

As for bras, it's a popular topic around here. My best bet has been the "teen" bras in Target--lined but not padded. It's hard to find bras that fit--I think any woman can say that, no matter what her size!

buttercups, holla on the "boyish" crap. I mean, really--just south of the chest, you have the vagina, which is certainly NOT boyish. Come the fuck on, people. Though I have to say I love that "looking normal is overrated" thing. Awesome that they had that woman in Oprah with her artificial leg.

+Quote Post
spot-on
post Oct 14 2009, 06:53 PM
Post #1845

Hardcore BUSTie

testing pic

+Quote Post
spot-on
post Oct 14 2009, 06:33 PM
Post #1846

Hardcore BUSTie

Hi small busties!
Just wanted to drop in and say hello. I feel like I know you all already, lol. Reason being is that after a google search for small breast support groups I found this thread and read the whole thing over the course of about 10 days. Can I just say how inspiring you all are!!!

I introduced myself in the newbie thread but I'll do a recap here. I'm spot-on, 37, married for 10 years, no kids (by choice), 2 dalmatians, and the owner of a pair of small boobs.

My Boob Story:

Always had small boobs. Until about 3 months ago I was a 34 nearly B, however I made a concerted effort over the last 9 months to get fit so I could begin my career again in the fitness industry (aerobics instructor and personal trainer). Over the last few months after dropping 25lbs I stopped losing weight and instead am losing body fat, yay. Unfortunately this meant my boobs shrunk to an A cup (well maybe, more on that later). Right now I am struggling to find a correct fit for reasons I will detail (in length) below. On a regular basis I love my small boobs, they suit me. Honestly being slim I think I would look rather unproportioned with bigger boobs, and they'd make my 5 mile run 3x a week a nightmare! BUT that doesn't mean, like most of us at times it seems, that I get those days where all I want is bigger boobs. Nothing huge, just a big B or a small C. Something with a little more fullness. *sigh* But hey that's why we have this group right?

I really don't know my correct size, for many reasons. I know my 34B bras don't fit right anymore, too loose in the strap AND cup. So I did some research online looking how to measure etc. Why are there so many different freakin ways to measure your boobs? some say to add 4" for the band say, some places say not to. VS and a few other places measure ABOVE your boobs for the band size... No wonder they say that most women are wearing the wrong bra size! What do they expect? So I am currently undertaking a bra buying expedition smile.gif

I know 34Bs are too big, so I measured myself using all the recommendations online and I range from a 34AA - 34A - 32A and a 32B. Now every site out there says that when buying a new bra that they should fit well on the furthest clasp so that as they wear you can tighten them. If I get the 34 I have to wear it on the closest clasp to keep it in place, so that leads me to believe I am a 32. Any thoughts on that?

If I can get the freakin band size sorted then at least the cup SHOULD fall into line after that. My actual measurement for band size is 30", which plus the supposed 4" gives me a 34" band. For VS measuring I am a 32". What are everyone's thoughts/experiences regarding band size to actual measurements?

+Quote Post
buttercups
post Oct 14 2009, 11:53 AM
Post #1847

Hardcore BUSTie

Strongirl can I just say- you are awesome! God I wish I had the balls to do all those things! Sounds like you def live life to the fullest! As far as the physical exam day went, you ladies were totally right- I was the only one who would notice anything bc I was being breast obsessed. Everyone else was too nervous about passing the test to notice or say anything about my difference in chest size. I felt so silly for worrying about it as much as i did. My next goal is to wear this bra on a day when we don't have a test looming over our heads so nobody is nervous and see if anyone notices then. We'll see if I can do it.

Just got Oprah magazine today, there's a picture of a woman wearing a dress with a mechanical leg- apparently she had to have her leg amputated when she was 5. She's quoted on the page saying something like "looking "normal" is over-rated". I really like that, it struck a nerve bc all I've ever wanted to look like was average.

I didn't like how the page before it was a picture of a woman with a small chest and they were trying to give her some dressing tips and at the top of the page her body type was listed as..none other than...*drum roll please*..Boyish! Well that nonsense just has to go!

Other than that, good issue of Oprah hahah

+Quote Post
anna k
post Oct 13 2009, 10:54 PM
Post #1848

Hardcore BUSTie

Visiting from large breast thread:

Things that make me happy: dancing, writing film reviews, listening to music, being given more writing challenges at work, watching good films, going to dance performances, cooking delicious foods, keeping my body healthy and strong, kickboxing, yoga, spending time with my mom, seeing my best friend, trying new cuisines, wearing stylish clothes that make me feel sexy and pretty, meeting interesting people, feeling at peace in a warm, nice-smelling bath, advancing in my career and finding more opportunities within my work, sex, reading great literature, and appreciating other people's talent and ingenuity.

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Oct 13 2009, 01:52 PM
Post #1849

Hardcore BUSTie

LOL on the links, aithinne!

Might I say, too, that if one ever gets tired of the motorcycle (I know, not happening!), one could always sell it to finance their new passion. But who would buy a pair of used implants? Ew.

Sorry, my weird brain at work!

+Quote Post
strongirl
post Oct 12 2009, 06:06 PM
Post #1850

Hardcore BUSTie

Cute, Aithinne! smile.gif

Buttercups, how did your physical exam day go?

nbdx, that is awesome re. your "boob job motorcycle". If more chicks would get bikes instead of boob jobs, the world would be a much more rockin' place.

On the "what do I do that makes me me" question: being a good mom to my 14 yr old son, sex, distance running and trail running, weight lifting, rock climbing, sex, scuba diving, sailing, yoga, sex, partying, cooking, gardening, sex, motorcycles (on the back only so far but maybe someday), hiking, natural remedies and health, clothes-optional hot springs, sex, literature, music, art, sex, animals/nature, feminism, politics, sex. Plus there's my career: hi tech in a male dominated field.

Let me say that while I applaud any endeavor that anyone takes on that makes them feel good for any reason, none of those activities are compensatory for my small breasts. My breasts are so freakin' hot that I could just exist and never do a damn thing but sit around and appreciate my breasts and my existance would be justified (or at least that's what my boyfriend thinks, and me too sometimes). But I enjoy all of the above anyway.

+Quote Post
buttercups
post Oct 10 2009, 10:49 PM
Post #1851

Hardcore BUSTie

That was so cute Aithinne! I love it!

+Quote Post
Aithinne
post Oct 10 2009, 03:35 PM
Post #1852

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(nbdx0645 @ Oct 10 2009, 02:03 PM) *
A funny note on the YZF-R6 Raven, I call it the "boob job" bike since it costs around the same amount.

Lol!!

I have come up with the ultimate in small boobie metaphorical pictures!

Ok, ok. So this picture is how our culture sees women with small breasts: Culture sucks.

And this picture is how our wonderful small boobie busties truly are: Y'all friggin rock.

Hugs to all!

+Quote Post
nbdx0645
post Oct 10 2009, 03:03 PM
Post #1853

Hardcore BUSTie

Most definitely. I don't want it to dampen conversation, but perhaps it can supplement emotional healing. It's good to know why you want to fight these feelings of shame, embarrassment, and sadness. People don't have to post, but it might be something to think about.

A funny note on the YZF-R6 Raven, I call it the "boob job" bike since it costs around the same amount.

+Quote Post
angie_21
post Oct 10 2009, 12:23 PM
Post #1854

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(nbdx0645 @ Oct 10 2009, 08:35 AM) *
You certainly can't think about breasts when you're operating a Yamaha YZF-R6!

OMG, so awesome! I don't have anything that cool, but I have spent enough time off-roadig on an ATV to appreciate how awesome it is that my girls aren't any bigger than they are. Wearing 2 bras and still having them hurt when bouncing over rough & washboarded trails, I have no idea how larger girls handle it.

Since the forums here are self-moderated, it's really up to us how far off topic we can take our discussions. The small breast group does kind of make up its own little community on Bust, and since we always talk about the importance of appreciating ourselves and our bodies for things that have nothing to do with our appearance and chest size, I personally don't see anything wrong with talking about hobbies and other things here, as long as we don't lose focus of being here to support other girls who are needing to talk and commiserate. Also, nbdx, many of us post on other forums in the lounge, and if you want to learn more about us, you can always get involved in discussions in other threads. There's a pretty rockin' discussion on society and gender going on in the femininsm forum right now, for example.

My biggest issue is that I feel like I can do anything, and I still think that there's something I can do to change my size. But I'd like to change my attitude so I can be accepting and understanding toward my body, throughout my lifetime.

I know what you mean, I went through that too. I think it was a necessary step on the way to realizing I didn't really care anymore. I was most angry when I was younger and hated that I felt bad about an aspect of my appearance I didn't even have any control over. Then I got older, still small, and thought well, there has to be something I can do.. but I didn't want cosmetic surgery, so over I time I just realized, this is what my body is, and it's never actually caused me any problems in life, so why do I think there's something wrong with it? I don't need to change it.

+Quote Post
nbdx0645
post Oct 10 2009, 09:35 AM
Post #1855

Hardcore BUSTie

Thanks smile.gif if there are any knitters here, look up the 'slip stitch bra' on ravelry. If you're a AA, I can help you with the necessary dimension changes. I've learned so many things in my life to help improve my holistic wellness. I do admit, that I learned a few of them because I felt like I needed to 'make up' for the physical, but I also picked up other things to make me stop thinking about it. I'd get so consumed by my feelings, I would be out of commission for the day. I couldn't function. So, I started learning new things whenever those feelings crept in. It forced me to stop thinking about it, and I have a bunch of cool hobbies to talk to people about. You certainly can't think about breasts when you're operating a Yamaha YZF-R6!

I'd like to know what your people's hobbies are. What do you love to do? What makes you happy, proud, or at peace? Are you an athlete, master gardener, student, musician, proud parent? I get mad that sometimes, people only seem to emphasize the body as an indicator of success and beauty, and fail to look at the contents inside. Sure, you could have great packaging....but what if nothing is inside?

I'd like to hear about the things that really make you, *you.* If that's okay, and not too off-topic.

I wish there was more I could do to help with women struggling with low-self esteem because of small breast issues. I still think about my size every day, but it has been much more manageable in the last 2 months. I'm still working on accepting the fact that this is the way they will be, I am done developing in that area, and it's not a 'deal-breaker' for good people. My biggest issue is that I feel like I can do anything, and I still think that there's something I can do to change my size. But I'd like to change my attitude so I can be accepting and understanding toward my body, throughout my lifetime.

+Quote Post
strongirl
post Oct 8 2009, 02:00 PM
Post #1856

Hardcore BUSTie

nbdx, you knit your own bras? That is totally bad-ass!!!! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Oct 8 2009, 11:34 AM
Post #1857

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(nbdx0645 @ Oct 8 2009, 12:51 AM) *
I dye the white bras I get from there in beautiful colors, and I'd like to learn how to sew in the future so I can embellish them. I also knit my own bras.

SUPER idea about dying them! I've embellished mine with funky trims and buttons from the fabric store. Knitting is way too advanced for moi but I admire your creativity!!!

I have to tell you ladies, I went to a work conference last night and was totally girl-crushing on this woman there who had a tiny chest. She just looked so awesome overall that her bust size was just part of her wonderful package--what made her beautifully HER. Made me think that you never know when someone might be admiring you in just the same way. Take that, all of you. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
nbdx0645
post Oct 7 2009, 07:51 PM
Post #1858

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey buttercups,
I am recovering from compulsive comparing disorder. You always lose when you compare. I rarely found someone smaller than me, and when I did I'd worry that nobody found her attractive and people didn't like the way her breasts looked. It was strange, I didn't know if I was trying to find 'me' so I didn't feel alone, or if I was trying to find 'me' and say "See? See how you look?" Either way is unacceptable. We get mad at men staring at women's breasts and putting so much emphasis on them, but I know that a ton of that emphasis is perpetuated by other women. Also, getting caught looking at a woman's breasts is the WORST. Ugh!

Strongirl's story is so awesome. I went from a padded, full A to an honest-to-goodness AA when I stopped padding. I was so worried that my coworkers would notice and say something, but they never did. I was happier at work because my new bras were more comfy, and they moved with me throughout the day. Soft triangle cups are my favorite, and I eventually stopped worrying about shopping in the young women's section. I dye the white bras I get from there in beautiful colors, and I'd like to learn how to sew in the future so I can embellish them. I also knit my own bras.

I think it's alright to pad if you're aware that it's make-up. It was hard to figure out how to hide the change 'under special circumstances' (bathing suit, interesting clothing, working out, or skinny-dipping.) I wasted a lot of time at social events worrying if my padding was going to fall out of my too-big bra. I also did tons of self-checks to see if the bra wasn't dented in. Heck, I didn't go to concerts and parties because I was worried I was going to be made fun of. (It happened once before, but really....the guy was a jerk who was definitely jealous of me.)

I wasn't comfortable having my chest evaporate every night before bed, but I know some women don't find it to be an issue. My cousin's friend pulled out her chicken fillets in the bathroom to rinse them off and wipe them down since she was sweating at the club. It didn't bother her that she lost a a cup size or so. It was like a pair of pantyhose to her -- just a fashion accessory. I think that's way cool.

+Quote Post
buttercups
post Oct 7 2009, 06:40 PM
Post #1859

Hardcore BUSTie

Thanks Strongirl, I know I am noticing it more bc i am obsessing over it, but idk it just seems like such a completely obvious difference to me. I would wear something ruffly or loose, but we have to take our shirts off to perform physical exams on each other- so there's no hiding anything here (hence my problem). I also am always noticing other girls' breasts and comparing them to mine and obsessing over that, so I'm sure I do notice it more than other people. I'm just so afraid of being humiliated and I have had other girls make nasty comments to me about my chest before i started padding. and yes i do wish now that i never padded...guess its too late at this point but i would def recommend other girls to either not start or at least only pad lightly so its not as visible as my problem currently is..

+Quote Post
strongirl
post Oct 7 2009, 06:33 PM
Post #1860

Hardcore BUSTie

Buttercups, one thing I can think of that may just help calm your fears is that several years ago I did the Brava breast enhancement thingy - you know, that suction thing. I had to wear it 10+ hours a day and at the end of that 10 hours (overnight), my boobs were 1-2 cup sizes larger than normal. Also at the time I was training for a marathon and frequently met up with my running group in the morning. Well, I'd show up with 34C's and by the end of a 16 mile run, I'd be back to my 34A's. And this was in FL, so it wasn't like I could hide under a bulky top. I felt very self-conscious but not enough to stop using Brava, running, or training with others - however, I wondered what they thought and worried about it. After a couple months of this I confided in a couple of the women runners who were close friends and asked if they thought it was weirding anyone out. They were quite adamant in saying that they had not even noticed and they were sure no one else had noticed either!

The moral of the story is: no one is really focusing on your breasts to anywhere near the obsessive degree you are. Many, maybe even most, people who interact with you in a non-sexual context won't even notice them at all. So just relax, wear something loose or ruffley or a jacket, and make eye contact. It'll be fine.

Note: chicks reading this who don't pad and are considering it - this is one reason why it might not be such a great idea.

+Quote Post

211 Pages V  « < 91 92 93 94 95 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 24, 2014 - 09:59 PM