The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 127 128 129 130 131 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
TOOMUCH21
post Nov 29 2007, 08:46 AM
Post #2561

HI IM NEW TO THIS SITE BUT I REALLYLOVE U GUYS FOR ALL THE HELPFUL INFO WELL I TOO SUFFER FROM BV BUT I DONT THINK ITS THT BAD THE LAST TIME I WENT TO THE DOCTOR SHE GAVE BOTH ME AND MY BOYFRIEND METRONIDAZOLE (HOWEVER U SPELL IT) BUT ANYWAYS I HAD A ROTTEN KINDA LIKE DIRTY DIAPER SMELL AT FIRST SO WAT I DID WAS ME AND HIM TOOK THE MEDICINE AND IT SEEM LIKE IT CAME BACK SO I STARTED USING THE REPHRESH AND IT SEEM LIKE IT CURED ME WELL ME AND MY BOYFRIEND HAD SEX AND HE CAME IN ME AND THE SMELL CAME BACK ITS NOT THE ROTTEN SMELL ANYMORE I CANT EVEN SMELL ON THE OUTSIDE OF MY CLOTHES ANYMORE THANK GOD BUT IT STINKS DURING SEX LIKE WERE EATIN TUNA FISH WHILE WE HAVE SEX LOL.. BUT AFTA THT I STILL CANT SMELL IT I READ ABOUT THE BORIC ACID HAS ANYONE HAD ANY LUCK WITH THT I JUS WANNA KILL THT FISH SMELL OR SHOULD I GO TO THE DOC PLEASE SOMEONE HELP I LIKE TO HAVE SEX WITH MY MAN JUST NOT WHEN I SMELL LIKE A BIG FISH BOWL DOWN THERE...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
konphusion26
post Nov 28 2007, 11:30 PM
Post #2562

Hardcore BUSTie

Sorry I hit the button too many times. I'm so out of it right now.

--------------------
Faith is hoping for and believing in things you cannot see!

+Quote Post
konphusion26
post Nov 28 2007, 11:29 PM
Post #2563

Hardcore BUSTie

OMG!!!!! I swear I thought I was free, if only for a few days. I think I'm allergic to my husband or something. Geez... Its back, funky smell and all. Discovered it when I went to the bathroom a few minutes ago. UN-friggin-believable. Can I get a break????????? I'm trying to stop using profanity but DAMN. When will it end??????

--------------------
Faith is hoping for and believing in things you cannot see!

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Nov 28 2007, 08:38 PM
Post #2564

Hardcore BUSTie

I'm sorry you're feeling so bad neverending!! Everyone's right, we can all relate!!!

Well, my Flagyl finally came in today. Only took 3 FRICKEN months to get here. I'm worried that it's the wrong stuff. It says, Metronidazol Lisan. And, it's from Costa Rica. And the pills are yellow, not white. The whole package is in another language.

DAMMIT!!!!

+Quote Post
neverending
post Nov 28 2007, 06:48 PM
Post #2565

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(arj75 @ Nov 29 2007, 12:11 AM) *
I'm sorry Neverending...I know the lonely feeling..and it sucks...I don't have much of a support system either. Counseling...waste of my time too. So..your suffering from anxiety and depression? If you have insurance, just go to the doctor and pour out yur guts..I'm sure he/she will give you something for the anxiety..Xanax and Valium are more of a short term or fast acting relief for aniexty. I know that there are many other medications to control aniexty on a long term basis..but I currently don't have any insurance..and xanax aren't that expensive. As far as all the many medications for depression..its basically trial and error, and after my near death experience with the prozac..I have no intentions of trying anything else at this time. I tried all the natural remedies for insomnia and anxiety... but nothing worked for me..but...that's just me. I'm sure I'm depressed too..I just don't have the time to even deal with it. Or maybe not.....I can't cry..so I'm not sure if thats good or bad since I used to be a very emotional person...I just feel pissed off alllllll the time....

I'm not sure exactly what I have as far as depression or anxiety but I THINK I may have both. I tense up around people, I worry all the time, and I feel like i'm on the edge. Then somedays I just don't feel happy at all. So, I think it's both. As far as going to a doctor, FORGET IT! I wish I could buy this stuff of the internet. Anyway, I think i'm just tired. I need a change of scenery. I want to move and just start all over again but I have to finish school first.

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post Nov 28 2007, 05:50 PM
Post #2566

Hardcore BUSTie

so i went to the doctor today because i had insane itching and burning. and she told me she thinks i have trich and not bv. so i'm taking metronidazole AGAIN. but, i'm taking 4 500mg pills orally all at once. 2g of it... i'm so scared i'm going to get sick. because it's made me throw up before. i was taking 500mg 3 times a day and that made me sick. now i'm taking 4 of them all at once. sad.gif so wish me luck, i'm going to be eating a lot of yogurt and taking the primodophilus reuteri so hopefully maybe this works even though it probably won't. hope everyone else is doing well...

there were other people taking the primadophilus right? is it working for anyone?

+Quote Post
arj75
post Nov 28 2007, 04:54 PM
Post #2567

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(neverending @ Nov 27 2007, 10:45 PM) *
Emotionally, I still feel like crap. Having dealt with this for years, it has ruined my self esteem and I don't think I will ever get that back. I love to be by myself, I don't like most people because I realize how Immature/ fickle/cruel people can be. I'm not as nice as I use to be, I'm always on the edge, and anxiety is ruining my life. It would not be as bad if I had a support system but I have no one but a husband who does not know how to deal with my MANY nervous breakdowns. I've never been so lonely in my life. Oh and counseling SUCKS! I'd much rather self medicate. She didn't tell me anything I didn't already know (self esteem problems/ AS WELL AS FAMILY PROBLEMS) and she didn't help with to much of anything. Now, WHERE CAN I BUY XANAX, VALIUM, OR ANY OTHER ANXIETY, OR DEPRESSION MEDICATION?

I'm sorry Neverending...I know the lonely feeling..and it sucks...I don't have much of a support system either. Counseling...waste of my time too. So..your suffering from anxiety and depression? If you have insurance, just go to the doctor and pour out yur guts..I'm sure he/she will give you something for the anxiety..Xanax and Valium are more of a short term or fast acting relief for aniexty. I know that there are many other medications to control aniexty on a long term basis..but I currently don't have any insurance..and xanax aren't that expensive. As far as all the many medications for depression..its basically trial and error, and after my near death experience with the prozac..I have no intentions of trying anything else at this time. I tried all the natural remedies for insomnia and anxiety... but nothing worked for me..but...that's just me. I'm sure I'm depressed too..I just don't have the time to even deal with it. Or maybe not.....I can't cry..so I'm not sure if thats good or bad since I used to be a very emotional person...I just feel pissed off alllllll the time....

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Nov 27 2007, 09:45 PM
Post #2568

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(neverending @ Nov 27 2007, 09:45 PM) *
1. You can't feel the ring at all. I don't even know it's in at all.Comfortable=YES
2.My husband felt it the first time we had sex (which is odd because I didn't feel anything) but after that he said he didn't feel the ring. The ring is not hard at all, it's like plastic or something and its very flexible.
3. You put the ring in as far as it will go. you wear it for 21 days and then take it out for a week so you can have your period.
4. Emotionally, I still feel like crap. Having dealt with this for years, it has ruined my self esteem and I don't think I will ever get that back. I love to be by myself, I don't like most people because I realize how Immature/ fickle/cruel people can be. I'm not as nice as I use to be, I'm always on the edge, and anxiety is ruining my life. It would not be as bad if I had a support system but I have no one but a husband who does not know how to deal with my MANY nervous breakdowns. I've never been so lonely in my life. Oh and counseling SUCKS! I'd much rather self medicate. She didn't tell me anything I didn't already know (self esteem problems/ AS WELL AS FAMILY PROBLEMS) and she didn't help with to much of anything. Now, WHERE CAN I BUY XANAX, VALIUM, OR ANY OTHER ANXIETY, OR DEPRESSION MEDICATION?

If it makes you feel any better, believe me when I say we all know how you feel, and can relate. My life has certainly been affected by this infection. Everyday I am popping a Theanine or a Trytophan, or going to bed with a Valerian Root pill. I wish relaxing wasn't so hard.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Nov 27 2007, 08:28 PM
Post #2569

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(arj75 @ Nov 27 2007, 03:29 PM) *
Good Morning everyone...I used goldenseal for three weeks. I started my period 10 days early..so now my cycle is every 21 days (but it only lasted for 5 days) and I think its back on schedule of when it normally was . Anyways..the funk was back (as expected). I first tried to douche with applecider vinegar and it made the funk 10 times worse. So...I'm taking metro-gel again..until I can come up with a new battle plan. I'm really disapointed because it's been almost 8 weeks since I have even had sex... so I can't even blame it on that. I think I have a yeast infection too. I have a prescription (already filled) of the difflican (or however its spelled) I'm itching and burning..and I usually just have discharge and the rotten smell when the bv returns. When is the best time to take difflican..is it right after I finish my metro-gel..or should I wait a couple days? The yeast creams burn my vagina up.. I can't use it.
I also have a prescription of the Nuvaring..that I never got filled..but it was written a few months ago..do those precriptions expire if not filled within 30 days? Or do I have to go back to the doctor and get another precription? It's worth a shot I guess..nothing else has helped.

Another stupid question..as I have never taken birth control..and really wish that was why I can't get rid of this crap...but is the ring comfortable? Can your partner feel that inside of you? How far do you place it inside of you ..and do you keep it in the whole month..or remove it during your period?

Neverending..not meaning to pry..but has it helped you feel any better emotionally? I don't have problems with vaginal dryness...never really have..but my periods are all screwed up..maybe this will help... I'm tired of smelling like a rotten fish. I got a nice wiff of it as I was getting ready to take one of my finals..and of course that was all I could think about during the whole test.

P.S. I can't find boric acid anywhere.. not in my town.. is this something I find in the rodent and pest control isle at Walmart? lol I try not to order things off line..(victim of Identity theft) unless I have too.....

The only good news is I can sleep at night now..with medication..and I have much relief from the anxiety attacks.

1. You can't feel the ring at all. I don't even know it's in at all.Comfortable=YES
2.My husband felt it the first time we had sex (which is odd because I didn't feel anything) but after that he said he didn't feel the ring. The ring is not hard at all, it's like plastic or something and its very flexible.
3. You put the ring in as far as it will go. you wear it for 21 days and then take it out for a week so you can have your period.
4. Emotionally, I still feel like crap. Having dealt with this for years, it has ruined my self esteem and I don't think I will ever get that back. I love to be by myself, I don't like most people because I realize how Immature/ fickle/cruel people can be. I'm not as nice as I use to be, I'm always on the edge, and anxiety is ruining my life. It would not be as bad if I had a support system but I have no one but a husband who does not know how to deal with my MANY nervous breakdowns. I've never been so lonely in my life. Oh and counseling SUCKS! I'd much rather self medicate. She didn't tell me anything I didn't already know (self esteem problems/ AS WELL AS FAMILY PROBLEMS) and she didn't help with to much of anything. Now, WHERE CAN I BUY XANAX, VALIUM, OR ANY OTHER ANXIETY, OR DEPRESSION MEDICATION?

+Quote Post
mfc10
post Nov 27 2007, 08:28 AM
Post #2570

BUSTie

QUOTE(arj75 @ Nov 27 2007, 10:29 AM) *
P.S. I can't find boric acid anywhere.. not in my town.. is this something I find in the rodent and pest control isle at Walmart? lol I try not to order things off line..(victim of Identity theft) unless I have too.....

The only good news is I can sleep at night now..with medication..and I have much relief from the anxiety attacks.

Arj: I have been able to buy boric acid at pharmacies sometimes--especially "Mom & Pop" type drugstores. ask the pharmacist. If you use it vaginally (placed into empty capsules first), it'll get rid of the yeast infection & the BV, at least for awhile. (For me, neither infection has ever been back after using boric acid, & it's been well over a year and 1/2. But what I did was to use a portion of a tee-tree oil suppository vaginally 3 times/week for several weeks after using the boric acid in order to maintain the good situation. tee tree oil is effective against both BV & yeast, but won't harm the good bacteria.) To maintain the good vaginal environment, I use a little Estrace (prescription estrogen cream) every other day vaginally. On alternate days, I use Sylk lubricant since it has a pH of 4.7. I also use progesterone cream on my body since I am just into menopause. Oh--and I take Femdophilus!

Best wishes!
maggie

+Quote Post
arj75
post Nov 27 2007, 08:12 AM
Post #2571

Hardcore BUSTie

Good Morning everyone...I used goldenseal for three weeks. I started my period 10 days early..so now my cycle is every 21 days (but it only lasted for 5 days) and I think its back on schedule of when it normally was . Anyways..the funk was back (as expected). I first tried to douche with applecider vinegar and it made the funk 10 times worse. So...I'm taking metro-gel again..until I can come up with a new battle plan. I'm really disapointed because it's been almost 8 weeks since I have even had sex... so I can't even blame it on that. I think I have a yeast infection too. I have a prescription (already filled) of the difflican (or however its spelled) I'm itching and burning..and I usually just have discharge and the rotten smell when the bv returns. When is the best time to take difflican..is it right after I finish my metro-gel..or should I wait a couple days? The yeast creams burn my vagina up.. I can't use it.
I also have a prescription of the Nuvaring..that I never got filled..but it was written a few months ago..do those precriptions expire if not filled within 30 days? Or do I have to go back to the doctor and get another precription? It's worth a shot I guess..nothing else has helped.

Another stupid question..as I have never taken birth control..and really wish that was why I can't get rid of this crap...but is the ring comfortable? Can your partner feel that inside of you? How far do you place it inside of you ..and do you keep it in the whole month..or remove it during your period?

Neverending..not meaning to pry..but has it helped you feel any better emotionally? I don't have problems with vaginal dryness...never really have..but my periods are all screwed up..maybe this will help... I'm tired of smelling like a rotten fish. I got a nice wiff of it as I was getting ready to take one of my finals..and of course that was all I could think about during the whole test.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Nov 25 2007, 05:16 PM
Post #2572

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(CanCan @ Nov 24 2007, 06:57 PM) *
I really want to try using the Nuvaring, but it's birth control right? I want to get pregnant. I wish there was a nuvaring that was just a hormone balancer.. Or maybe the thing to do would be to try the Nuvaring, and then go off of it in a few months.

Oh hun! I have no clue. Call your doctor/ RN to see if this might be a good option for you. Even if you get pregnant now, I hate to say it but BV can cause you to have a miscarriage. So, it would be best to clear up the infection before thinking of having a baby if you can. I understand how you feel though. I've been married for almost 6yrs. now and we (my husband and I) do not have children.

+Quote Post
jularee
post Nov 25 2007, 12:04 PM
Post #2573

BUSTie

Have any of you ladies ever tried Kefir as a probiotic supplement? Is it worth trying?

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Nov 24 2007, 11:40 AM
Post #2574

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(neverending @ Nov 24 2007, 11:24 AM) *
Hey Jewels!!! I'm not using anything anymore. Not even the vitamins. I came to a conclusion last night. The Lo/Ovral (birth control) I was on many years ago, lowered the estrogen in my body which was bad but the Nuvaring releases low doses of estrogen to the body through the vagina and I've read that estrogen helps lactobacilla (sp?) to grow. The Estroil got rid of the BV but I still had problems with dry vagina, but now after being put on the Nuvaring everything is GREAT. You all don't know how embarrassing it is to always have to use lubricate with your partner because you can't get uhm........wet? on your own. Not to mention lubricate is to damn thick and is nothing like your own juice. IT SUCKED! Anyway, Jewels if I were you I would still explain to the Doc that you would like to try the Nuvaring just to see if it would help you any at all. I bet it would! If you are too shy to ask then I would suggest trying the Estroil because me and one other person got rid of this crap with estroil, and to the other person who said they also had dry vagina problems I say NUVARING, NUVARING, NUVARING. You all know I've never been an advocate of birth control but this one is good because it does not take away estrogen it adds low doses to the body.

As far as research goes, I've looked into mycoplasma, ureaplasma and many others for you all but I have not come up with anything new. I really don't think any of the girls here have any of that because I think everyone (I've read) has been tested for EVERYTHING. So, I don't think those things are problems but what I do think everyone here has is hormonal problems much like I did. No amount of flagel, metro gel, cleocin, etc is going to help when your hormones are screwed. That is why the BV keeps coming back. Anyway, I hope all is well. Let me know if anything helps and never give up.
Love always,
neverending

I really want to try using the Nuvaring, but it's birth control right? I want to get pregnant. I wish there was a nuvaring that was just a hormone balancer.. Or maybe the thing to do would be to try the Nuvaring, and then go off of it in a few months.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Nov 24 2007, 10:07 AM
Post #2575

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ Nov 20 2007, 02:57 AM) *
HI NEVERENDING!!! MISS YOU!!

Well, I told you all a few days ago that I went off of everything. The choking feeling is still there. It's bad at certain times. Not all day now, which is good. My tounge is not swollen. It's more of the feeling of someones hands wrapped around my neck and squeezing and my heads going to pop. Although I don't have a headache. BUT... now my smell is gone. Why is that? I went off everything and the smell goes away. I know it's only going to be short lived, but, I'm just gald it's not here at this moment.

Neverending, I'm going to try the Estroil. Are you still using it?? The nuva ring, that's Birth Control right?? Cause, I could just see me asking my doctor for that!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.... He might want to admit me to a mental hospital!!

I still have the website you sent me on the Estroil. I'm going to order it this week, and then I'll get the instructions from you then. YOU FINALLY TALKED ME INTO IT!!! tongue.gif

Hey Jewels!!! I'm not using anything anymore. Not even the vitamins. I came to a conclusion last night. The Lo/Ovral (birth control) I was on many years ago, lowered the estrogen in my body which was bad but the Nuvaring releases low doses of estrogen to the body through the vagina and I've read that estrogen helps lactobacilla (sp?) to grow. The Estroil got rid of the BV but I still had problems with dry vagina, but now after being put on the Nuvaring everything is GREAT. You all don't know how embarrassing it is to always have to use lubricate with your partner because you can't get uhm........wet? on your own. Not to mention lubricate is to damn thick and is nothing like your own juice. IT SUCKED! Anyway, Jewels if I were you I would still explain to the Doc that you would like to try the Nuvaring just to see if it would help you any at all. I bet it would! If you are too shy to ask then I would suggest trying the Estroil because me and one other person got rid of this crap with estroil, and to the other person who said they also had dry vagina problems I say NUVARING, NUVARING, NUVARING. You all know I've never been an advocate of birth control but this one is good because it does not take away estrogen it adds low doses to the body.

As far as research goes, I've looked into mycoplasma, ureaplasma and many others for you all but I have not come up with anything new. I really don't think any of the girls here have any of that because I think everyone (I've read) has been tested for EVERYTHING. So, I don't think those things are problems but what I do think everyone here has is hormonal problems much like I did. No amount of flagel, metro gel, cleocin, etc is going to help when your hormones are screwed. That is why the BV keeps coming back. Anyway, I hope all is well. Let me know if anything helps and never give up.
Love always,
neverending

+Quote Post
britt8705
post Nov 23 2007, 10:19 AM
Post #2576

BUSTie

Hey everyone, I hope u all had a great Thanksgiving! Will someone PLZ tell me what this Estroil is all about and where can I get some. THANKS!!

+Quote Post
jularee
post Nov 22 2007, 11:31 AM
Post #2577

BUSTie

Ladies,
I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Nov 22 2007, 02:06 AM
Post #2578

Hardcore BUSTie

Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow BV sufferers!!! I Hope you can spend 1 day, without thinking about this mess!!

Jewels....

+Quote Post
jularee
post Nov 20 2007, 11:31 PM
Post #2579

BUSTie

Just a quick update for you ladies. I've been doing my current regimen for about a week now and so far so good. I'm taking the Primadophilus Reuteri twice a day and Garlique, a B vitamin complex, and folic acid at lunchtime. I've noticed that if i don't drink tons of water, my girly bits have a weird sweet-n-sour garlicy smell but other than that no discharge whatsoever. I hope this continues to work!

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Nov 19 2007, 07:40 PM
Post #2580

Hardcore BUSTie

HI NEVERENDING!!! MISS YOU!!

Well, I told you all a few days ago that I went off of everything. The choking feeling is still there. It's bad at certain times. Not all day now, which is good. My tounge is not swollen. It's more of the feeling of someones hands wrapped around my neck and squeezing and my heads going to pop. Although I don't have a headache. BUT... now my smell is gone. Why is that? I went off everything and the smell goes away. I know it's only going to be short lived, but, I'm just gald it's not here at this moment.

Neverending, I'm going to try the Estroil. Are you still using it?? The nuva ring, that's Birth Control right?? Cause, I could just see me asking my doctor for that!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.... He might want to admit me to a mental hospital!!

I still have the website you sent me on the Estroil. I'm going to order it this week, and then I'll get the instructions from you then. YOU FINALLY TALKED ME INTO IT!!! tongue.gif

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 127 128 129 130 131 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 30, 2014 - 09:25 AM