271 Pages V  « < 51 52 53 54 55 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
catwalk
post Dec 1 2008, 11:08 AM
Post #1041

BUSTie

QUOTE(lori)
Have you tried Fem-dophilus as I previously suggested?

Bought the Fem-dophilus, got it, started taking it...... all seemed well on & off for the last 2 months (last time I posted). I was also taking 2 other kinds of Lac/Acido/Bif along with cranberry pills.

Yesterday I realised I have a UTI mad.gif , so I'm going now to get AB's.... which will probably make the BV come back, or at the very least a yeast infection.

Was going to ask my doctor about Boric Acid.... but she just gives me whatever I tell her to, so might not be such a good idea (ie: it will probably make my va-jay-jay explode).

Lori: sounds like you think of Boric Acid how I feel about hormonal birth control! A lot of people use it, but doesn't mean it's not poison. And what's more frustrating, with BC people argue over which poison is better! rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Thanks everyone on Bust Lounge!!! Fem-D changed my life! BV be gone! Try from Iherb (cheapest) with code LAZ615 & save another $5! :D
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sassy
post Dec 1 2008, 10:54 AM
Post #1042

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(mfc10 @ Dec 1 2008, 02:01 AM) *
When my gynecologist prescribed vaginal boric acid for my mixed BV/non-Albicans Candida infections, he requested (after reading an article I gave him) that the compounding pharmicist make up the capsules using just 300 mg. of boric acid (as opposed to the typical 600-mg.) and using powdered lactobacilli acidophilus as a filler. In Europe, the lower dosage has been shown to be as effective as the 600-mg. Perhaps this is why I had no adverse reactions.

Maggie C.

So you were prescribed the boric acid for bv and yeast? Thank you for sharing. I know some doctors are prescribing it. Though my doctor didn't prescribe it, she said it is fine to use occasionally and it has helped tremendously.

+Quote Post
Sweaty in Social Studies
post Dec 1 2008, 10:21 AM
Post #1043

I was reading an article on Webmd that said, "For decades, some women have used Lactobacillus acidophilus in yogurt or supplements to treat bacterial vaginosis. But researchers now know that dairy lactobacillus does not work for bacterial vaginosis. This is because dairy lactobacillus is not the kind of bacteria that normally lives in the vagina. Researchers have found two different types of lactobacillus-L. crispatus and L. jensenii-that are most commonly found in a healthy vaginal environment. Research is now focusing on using these types of lactobacilli in capsules."

So, all this whole time, I've been taking the wrong Acidophilus supplement, which only contains the acidophilus from dairy products. (source)

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Nov 30 2008, 09:53 PM
Post #1044

Hardcore BUSTie

Hello everyone!!

I hope you all had a Happy Holiday...

Why is it that everytime I check in, there's some drama going on?? hehehehe...

As Rodney King once said, "Can't we all just get along?" lol...

Ms. Lori... how are you??? hahahahaha.. And Sassy... wow... I didn't know you had it in you girl! lol

Well guys, if I can just say one thing, to settle you all down, you all really HAVE TO STOP trying to read to much into the TONE in Lori's posts. Once I started doing that, I realized, Lori is just here to help. Lori, in my opinion, has taken the time to become extremely knowledgable in the BV Department. And I'm serious about that. If there's something Lori doesn't know, she's going to find the answer. And the truth within that answer. I trust Lori, in just about everything she says. And no, she's not paying me to say this.

Lori and I had these same screaming matches that you all are going through now. But, I can admit, that Lori was correct in the statements she was saying. I was in such a hurry to get a quick fix to this problem that I would try any and everything to make it go away, instead of trying to find a cure.

Boric Acid, in my opinion is the most dangerous shit out there. I had the absolute worse reaction to this shit, that I wish I could show you all pictures. And, mine was DEFINATELY from the use of Boric Acid.

TTO, to me, has the same maintenance effect as Boric Acid. It's not a cure, but it does help, FOR ME AT LEAST. At the time I tried it, it was only because someone on here mentioned their doctor prescribed it for them. Therefore, I thought it would be safe. But, TTO is not the answer either. I don't think anyone has the answer. That's the problem. We all have our own answers, but you can't control how it effects someone else.

Lori's biggest problem with this board, is the mis-use of information. Most of us are desperate on here, therefore, we will try just about anything. THAT IS VERY DANGEROUS!!! And, Lori trys to make sure everyone understands the risks involved when you try something that you yourself, have neither researched, or spoken to your doctor about.

Boric Acid has always worked for Sassy. Does that make it safe? HELL NO.

Take the information given to you on this forum, and do your research. Go to Lori's blogs. She's already done most of the work for you. Not because she thinks she's smarter, or better then anyone, but because she really does give a shit. BE RESPONSIBLE when it comes to your bodies. Listen, learn, and do your research. And do not put out information that you cannot back up as medically proven. Because, trust me, Lori's going to call you out on it. Have you all ever received an email that you thought was true, so you forwarded it to all your friends and family in your contacts, just to have someone respond with a link to SNOPES.COM to show you how this store is FALSE? Think of Lori as snopes.com! lol She's gonna call you out..

LOVE YOU ALL!!!! dry.gif

+Quote Post
mfc10
post Nov 30 2008, 09:01 PM
Post #1045

BUSTie

When my gynecologist prescribed vaginal boric acid for my mixed BV/non-Albicans Candida infections, he requested (after reading an article I gave him) that the compounding pharmicist make up the capsules using just 300 mg. of boric acid (as opposed to the typical 600-mg.) and using powdered lactobacilli acidophilus as a filler. In Europe, the lower dosage has been shown to be as effective as the 600-mg. Perhaps this is why I had no adverse reactions.

Maggie C.

+Quote Post
lori
post Nov 30 2008, 07:27 PM
Post #1046

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(sassy @ Nov 30 2008, 03:52 PM) *
Geez...okay, so I'm ignoring Lori. Just for the record...boric acid can work and I have talked to my doctor about it so while it can be safe in moderation, just be careful with it because it can also be a harmful chemical.

Anyways...can we be nice again? Yikes. rolleyes.gif

"Safe in moderation?" I strongly disagree.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002485.htm

Boric acid is a dangerous poison. Poisoning from this chemical can be acute or chronic. Acute boric acid poisoning usually occurs when someone swallows powdered roach-killing products that contain the chemical.

Chronic poisoning occurs in those who are repeatedly exposed to boric acid. For example, in the past, boric acid was used to disinfect and treat wounds. Patients who received such treatment over and over again got sick, and some died.

In my opinion, based on this new information, boric acid should only be used if you have a really bad non-albicans yeast infection that can't be treated by anything else. It should only be used when prescribed by a doctor and made by a pharmacist (that way you can make sure that it's pharmaceutical grade), and it should only be used for the prescribed amount of time. Hopefully that will cure your stubborn yeast and you never have to touch this stuff again.

I don't think it should be used for BV at all. At best, it was always a "maintenance" solution that only controlled symptoms. With all the bad health consequences from BV that's being discovered, anything that just masks symptoms is probably a bad idea in the long run.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sassy
post Nov 30 2008, 07:17 PM
Post #1047

Hardcore BUSTie

Also, a week or two ago somebody was talking about using Clindesse and I found this info on www.vaginosis.com that might be of some interest to those who have been prescribed this medication.

"What are 4 new reasons why your doctor would do well to avoid prescribing a clindamycin-based product, including the new single-dose vaginal cream Clindesse?

Not just patients, but doctors as well, are attracted to single-dose therapies. Patients like the idea of taking care of just a single treatment and then being well under way to being cured. Doctors too find comfort in the knowledge that their patients are much more likely to comply with a single-dose treatment than with a multiple-dose regimen which must be taken over several days. However, the key is obviously that the new single-dose therapy must be equally effective to an alternative multiple-dose therapy. Of particular interest, the new product Clindesse contains the same 2% clindamycin phosphate product as does the 7-day Cleocin vaginal cream prduct. However, Clindesse makes use of a sustained-release formulation which allows Clndesse to match the clindamycin vaginal drug concentration of the daily Cleocin cream applications.

The problem comes when Clindesse and other clindamycin-based products have been compared with metronidazole-based products in recent studies. There are four reasons why doctors should be entertaining new doubts about whether clindamycin-based vaginal products are the best treatments that they can prescribe for their patients, these being as follows.

Based on the results of a number of clinical studies which looked at clindamycin cream products, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has stated that the vaginal clindamycin cream appears less efficacious than the metronidazole regimens10. Furthermore, a recent clinical study performed for the Clindesse Investigators Group found that only 42% of enrolled study participants were judged to have had a strict microbiologic cure with Clindesse at 21-30 days post-treatment11.

Unlike what occurs with treatment with metronidazole, treatment of bacterial vaginosis with clindamycin appears to be associated with the subsequent emergence of multiple-antibiotic resistance among vaginal anaerobic bacteria12. Clindamycin resistance rose from 17% at baseline to 53% after therapy with the clindamycin product (Cleocin vaginal ovules), and importantly, 80% of the women who were noted to have clindamycin resistance following therapy continued to harbor clindamycin resistance 90 days after their treatment. This last finding certainly suggests that giving a woman a second prescription for clindamycin within 90 days of a first is ill-advised.

Clindamycin resistance in vaginal anaerobic bacteria also to have a very important spill-over effect on intrapartum antibiotic prophylaxis of Group B Streptococcus, a threatening bacteria in late pregnancy13. When clindamycin resistance is fostered in vaginal anaerobic bacteria, these anerobic bacteria appear to rapidly develop resistance to the group of chemically-related antibiotics called macrolides, which includes erythromycin, clarithromycin (Biaxin), and azithromycin (Zithromax). The fear here is that in exchange for a partially successful treatment of bacterial vaginosis with clindamycin, a woman experiencing problems later with a pregnancy threatened by Group B Sreptococcus could then find that this usually-effective group of macrolide antibiotics is no longer effective for her.
As previously discussed, clindamycin, again unlike metronidazole, has antibiotic activity not just against the anaerobic bacteria associated with bacterial vaginosis, but also against any subsisting healthy Lactobacillus species which, were it not for the clindamycin, could have been on its way to regaining its position of dominance within the vaginal flora."

+Quote Post
lori
post Nov 30 2008, 06:59 PM
Post #1048

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(ariz0nasunset @ Nov 30 2008, 03:26 PM) *
Hi lori, thanks so much! I really appriciate it! I'm going to call my doctor for an apt. tomorrow morning! Thanks again!

~Sarah

You're welcome, Sarah. Good luck to you.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sassy
post Nov 30 2008, 06:52 PM
Post #1049

Hardcore BUSTie

Geez...okay, so I'm ignoring Lori. Just for the record...boric acid can work and I have talked to my doctor about it so while it can be safe in moderation, just be careful with it because it can also be a harmful chemical.

Anyways...can we be nice again? Yikes. rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
ariz0nasunset
post Nov 30 2008, 06:26 PM
Post #1050

QUOTE(lori @ Nov 30 2008, 03:23 PM) *
Hi Sarah,

I don't know what your doctor offers. But a lot of ladies have had the Affirm test in here, because the results are quick and convenient. I think a culture is another common option.

In my opinion, even if your doctor doesn't think you need it, just ask for it anyway. It doesn't hurt to know for sure.

Hi lori, thanks so much! I really appriciate it! I'm going to call my doctor for an apt. tomorrow morning! Thanks again!

~Sarah

+Quote Post
lori
post Nov 30 2008, 06:26 PM
Post #1051

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Sweaty in Social Studies @ Nov 30 2008, 03:23 PM) *
So, this is the last post that I will make regarding you Lori.

THANK YOU!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sweaty in Social Studies
post Nov 30 2008, 06:23 PM
Post #1052

QUOTE(lori @ Nov 30 2008, 06:08 PM) *
Why I use vile language? Once again, the answer is CONTAINED IN THE VERY POST THAT YOU JUST QUOTED IN ITS ENTIRETY.

Here's my question for you - Why do you keep asking questions when the answer is right there? Learn to fucking read!

And I'm the one with too much time on her hands?

Oy.

I never came onto this forum expecting to argue with someone, which is pretty low, since I don't know you personally. So, this is the last post that I will make regarding you Lori.

+Quote Post
lori
post Nov 30 2008, 06:08 PM
Post #1053

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Sweaty in Social Studies @ Nov 30 2008, 03:00 PM) *
Lori, you have way too much time on your hands. And why do you use such vile language? Swearing just makes you sound even more absurd than you already are.

Why I use vile language? Once again, the answer is CONTAINED IN THE VERY POST THAT YOU JUST QUOTED IN ITS ENTIRETY.

Here's my question for you - Why do you keep asking questions when the answer is right there? Learn to fucking read!

I mean, seriously. You've been following me around, sending me PM's, asking me "Why do you say this? Why do you say that?" Why do have to explain everything to you over and over? I've explained myself, and cited my sources. JUST READ!

And I'm the one with too much time on her hands?

Oy.

Please get a fucking life and leave me the fuck alone. And just to answer your question one more fucking time so it's fucking crystal clear - I didn't cuss you out at first. I was very polite. But you just kept bugging me and bugging me and I've lost my patience and now I have no choice but to tell you to PLEASE FUCK OFF AND LEAVE ME ALONE!

Got it?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sweaty in Social Studies
post Nov 30 2008, 06:00 PM
Post #1054

QUOTE(lori @ Nov 30 2008, 05:14 PM) *
Yes, you did. Quoting you:

Also, want to point out:

Doctors have prescribed boric acid to patients who have concurrent non-albicans yeast as well as BV. I don't recall anyone who said a doctor prescribed boric acid just to treat BV.

Please don't make shit up to support your point.
Consider how in denial you are about the fact that boric acid is dangerous. Sweaty posted info. that it was dangerous - and you contradicted her, and you were wrong. (You said vaginal use is not topical use, and therefore safe. This is totally incorrect.)

Subsequently, all I did was point out that "Vaginal use IS topical use." And then I cited a source. I didn't say anything else.

How the fuck is this the "wrong way?"
First of all, that is not why I'm being rude and belittling to Sweaty. I have no problem with the info. she shared. All I did was say one single sentence to her: "That WAS my point." And then she lost her fucking mind. So I needed to tell her to shut the fuck up because I don't have time for her bullshit.

Seriously, people! I said TWO SENTENCES!
1. "Vaginal use IS topical use."
2. "That WAS my point."

That's IT! How does that make me "hateful" and "negative?"

I just said that you're wrong. I said it in one neat sentence.

How petty are you?

Anyways ... I said this before, and it's always true. People have their own ideas about the right cure (e.g., you - boric acid, Jewels - TTO, neverending - mail-order hormones, etc.) But whenever someone contradicts them, they get very upset and get into some weird denial about it. And they always put up a fight.

Look how you reacted to Sweaty's information. Her research is solid and important. But you actually have to step in and say "boric acid is safe for vaginal use" when it's obviously not. That's just plain wrong.

Basically, you don't want to be wrong about what you've been saying for years. I understand that no one likes being wrong, but think about the consequences of your actions.
That is true. I'm just making sure that the right information is out there.

I'm not gonna say, "That's right Sassy! Boric acid is safe because you say so!"

You were wrong. I was polite about it, and you still throw a fit. Well, get the hell over it.
What? You confront people all the time!
Think about what you've done, Sassy.

Because you didn't like being wrong, you say things like "vaginal use is not topical use," and "vaginal use is safe ..." and other things that are clearly wrong.

And when I correct you in the simplest way possible: "Vaginal use IS topical use. THE END!" - you accuse me of being "hateful and negative."

I think maybe you're the one who needs to shut up. You've been here for 3+ years, and you still insist on spreading bad information because you don't like being wrong. That's fucked up.

--

SO, TO SUM UP:

- Sassy said that "Boric acid is safe for vaginal use." To support this point, she also said,"Quite a few doctors of the ladies on here have even prescribed boric acid as a treatment to help control chronic BV." BOTH STATEMENTS ARE 100% FALSE.

- Sassy doesn't like the fact that she's wrong, so she's going to be in denial about it, and say bullshit like "To each her own." In my opinion, if something is fucking POISON, "to each her own" no longer fucking applies. That's just what I think. Draw your own conclusions!

- Why am I so fucking long-winded that I have to type these long answers that require summaries? Because when I type one-sentence answers, people obviously have reading comprehension problems and need to ask me the same questions over and over again asking me what the hell I meant and why I said that and blah-fucking-blah! And I'm pretty fed up!

- That's right, I'm fed up! When I'm polite, people fight me every step of the way, and no one fucking listens. Every fucking time, people! I'm sick of the tiresome bullshit.

Stop being so offended when someone disagrees with you. Sometimes, you're just wrong. (Sometimes, I'm just wrong.) It doesn't mean you're stupid. But if you're going to be in denial about the facts and make shit up, and keep insisting that you're right, then you are a stupid bitch who needs to shut the fuck up for a while. I think doing that is much worse than any of my "hateful" and "negative" comments.

- According to the National Institute of Health and the U.S. National Library of Medicine, "Boric acid is a dangerous poison" that can put you in a fucking coma and give you convulsions. Do not keep sticking it up your vagina just because Sassy says it's safe.

Yes, "Everyone has their own body and can decide for themselves what they want to put into it." (per Sassy) - this is true. If you guys decide to stick bleach into your vaginas, I can't show up in your bathroom and make you stop. But I can say that I think that is retarded thing to do. I'm not going to not say that just because it might hurt someone's little feelings.

And I don't contradict people because it's fun. I only speak up if I think it's harmful - e.g., I never said shit about folic acid or vitamins (until someone wanted to mail-order liquid vitamins to inject themselves with it).

Look. I really do try to be polite and reasonable at first. But when I say, "Hey, maybe that's not such a good idea," no one fucking listens! It's like, "Hey, where do I buy syringes online?" So I have to say - "WHAT THE FUCK, PEOPLE!" And then the stupidity finally stops.

If you think that makes me "hateful" and "negative," then you really need to do the world a favor and shut the fuck up.

Lori, you have way too much time on your hands. And why do you use such vile language?

+Quote Post
lori
post Nov 30 2008, 05:23 PM
Post #1055

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(ariz0nasunset @ Nov 30 2008, 08:10 AM) *
Now, I was reading on here about Trich. I have been tested, and came out neg. but I've never asked for a trich specific. test. What are they called so I can ask for one?

Hi Sarah,

This is a link that I cited in my blog.

http://www.emedicine.com/emerg/topic613.htm

I've broken it down to numbers, because the original site is hard to read:

Wet Mount - 60%

Papanicolaou smear: Sensitivity is similar to wet mount, 60%

OSOM Trichomonas Rapid Test - the sensitivity was 83.3% and specificity was 98.8%.

XenoStrip-Tv - the sensitivity was 66.6% and the specificity was 100%. (no longer avail.)

BD Affirm VPIII - Sensitivity is between 90% and 100%.

Culture (Diamond’s medium) - Sensitivity approaches 100%.

I don't know what your doctor offers. But a lot of ladies have had the Affirm test in here, because the results are quick and convenient. I think a culture is another common option.

In my opinion, even if your doctor doesn't think you need it, just ask for it anyway. It doesn't hurt to know for sure.

--------------------

+Quote Post
lori
post Nov 30 2008, 05:14 PM
Post #1056

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(sassy @ Nov 30 2008, 11:37 AM) *
I never said boric acid couldn't be dangerous.

Yes, you did. Quoting you:

QUOTE(sassy @ Nov 26 2008, 02:42 AM) *
SweatyinSocialStudies: That list of symptoms is primarily if you ingest boric acid or use it as a topical. Boric acid is safe for vaginal use and it is in many over-the-counter natural yeast products, such as Yeast Away (or something like that...some ladies were using it before. They're basically a pre-packaged boric acid capsule with some extra herbs added.)

Also, want to point out:

QUOTE(sassy @ Nov 26 2008, 02:42 AM) *
Quite a few doctors of the ladies on here have even prescribed boric acid as a treatment to help control chronic BV. That said, if anyone has adverse reactions to any drug/substance, you should stop using it immediately and go to the doctor.

Doctors have prescribed boric acid to patients who have concurrent non-albicans yeast as well as BV. I don't recall anyone who said a doctor prescribed boric acid just to treat BV.

Please don't make shit up to support your point.

That being said, there is a right way and a wrong way to contradict someone's opinion and you do it the wrong way.

Consider how in denial you are about the fact that boric acid is dangerous. Sweaty posted info. that it was dangerous - and you contradicted her, and you were wrong. (You said vaginal use is not topical use, and therefore safe. This is totally incorrect.)

Subsequently, all I did was point out that "Vaginal use IS topical use." And then I cited a source. I didn't say anything else.

How the fuck is this the "wrong way?"

You do not need to be rude and belittle other busties just because they have a different idea of how they want to treat their BV.

First of all, that is not why I'm being rude and belittling to Sweaty. I have no problem with the info. she shared. All I did was say one single sentence to her: "That WAS my point." And then she lost her fucking mind. So I needed to tell her to shut the fuck up because I don't have time for her bullshit.

Seriously, people! I said TWO SENTENCES!
1. "Vaginal use IS topical use."
2. "That WAS my point."

That's IT! How does that make me "hateful" and "negative?"

I just said that you're wrong. I said it in one neat sentence.

How petty are you?

Anyways ... I said this before, and it's always true. People have their own ideas about the right cure (e.g., you - boric acid, Jewels - TTO, neverending - mail-order hormones, etc.) But whenever someone contradicts them, they get very upset and get into some weird denial about it. And they always put up a fight.

Look how you reacted to Sweaty's information. Her research is solid and important. But you actually have to step in and say "boric acid is safe for vaginal use" when it's obviously not. That's just plain wrong.

Basically, you don't want to be wrong about what you've been saying for years. I understand that no one likes being wrong, but think about the consequences of your actions.

Everyone has their own body and can decide for themselves what they want to put into it.

That is true. I'm just making sure that the right information is out there.

I'm not gonna say, "That's right Sassy! Boric acid is safe because you say so!"

You were wrong. I was polite about it, and you still throw a fit. Well, get the hell over it.

I am not a confrontational person and I am not on here to start some petty drama.

What? You confront people all the time!

I have been a part of this forum since 2005 and I am here to help support others and share what I know. If you cannot communicate to others without being hateful and negative, maybe you should just be quiet.

Think about what you've done, Sassy.

Because you didn't like being wrong, you say things like "vaginal use is not topical use," and "vaginal use is safe ..." and other things that are clearly wrong.

And when I correct you in the simplest way possible: "Vaginal use IS topical use. THE END!" - you accuse me of being "hateful and negative."

I think maybe you're the one who needs to shut up. You've been here for 3+ years, and you still insist on spreading bad information because you don't like being wrong. That's fucked up.

--

SO, TO SUM UP:

- Sassy said that "Boric acid is safe for vaginal use." To support this point, she also said,"Quite a few doctors of the ladies on here have even prescribed boric acid as a treatment to help control chronic BV." BOTH STATEMENTS ARE 100% FALSE.

- Sassy doesn't like the fact that she's wrong, so she's going to be in denial about it, and say bullshit like "To each her own." In my opinion, if something is fucking POISON, "to each her own" no longer fucking applies. That's just what I think. Draw your own conclusions!

- Why am I so fucking long-winded that I have to type these long answers that require summaries? Because when I type one-sentence answers, people obviously have reading comprehension problems and need to ask me the same questions over and over again asking me what the hell I meant and why I said that and blah-fucking-blah! And I'm pretty fed up!

- That's right, I'm fed up! When I'm polite, people fight me every step of the way, and no one fucking listens. Every fucking time, people! I'm sick of the tiresome bullshit.

Stop being so offended when someone disagrees with you. Sometimes, you're just wrong. (Sometimes, I'm just wrong.) It doesn't mean you're stupid. But if you're going to be in denial about the facts and make shit up, and keep insisting that you're right, then you are a stupid bitch who needs to shut the fuck up for a while. I think doing that is much worse than any of my "hateful" and "negative" comments.

- According to the National Institute of Health and the U.S. National Library of Medicine, "Boric acid is a dangerous poison" that can put you in a fucking coma and give you convulsions. Do not keep sticking it up your vagina just because Sassy says it's safe.

Yes, "Everyone has their own body and can decide for themselves what they want to put into it." (per Sassy) - this is true. If you guys decide to stick bleach into your vaginas, I can't show up in your bathroom and make you stop. But I can say that I think that is retarded thing to do. I'm not going to not say that just because it might hurt someone's little feelings.

And I don't contradict people because it's fun. I only speak up if I think it's harmful - e.g., I never said shit about folic acid or vitamins (until someone wanted to mail-order liquid vitamins to inject themselves with it).

Look. I really do try to be polite and reasonable at first. But when I say, "Hey, maybe that's not such a good idea," no one fucking listens! Seriously, I have said that nicely like 10 times, and it's still like, "Hey, where do I buy syringes online?" So I have to say - "WHAT THE FUCK, PEOPLE!" And then the stupidity finally stops.

If you think that makes me "hateful" and "negative," then you really need to do the world a favor and shut the fuck up.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sassy
post Nov 30 2008, 02:37 PM
Post #1057

Hardcore BUSTie

Lori: Your post is the "negativity" I am talking about. For your information, I have talked to my doctor about boric acid and I am having her monitor my use so you can shut up about it. I never said boric acid couldn't be dangerous. It can. Therefore it is important for every woman on this forum to have a relationship with a doctor when trying unconventional cures/treatments. I only use it about once every couple of months at this point as my BV is almost a non-issue now, due to diet and exercise changes. When it does flare up, I use boric acid and I do talk to my doctor. That being said, there is a right way and a wrong way to contradict someone's opinion and you do it the wrong way. You do not need to be rude and belittle other busties just because they have a different idea of how they want to treat their BV. Everyone has their own body and can decide for themselves what they want to put into it. I am not a confrontational person and I am not on here to start some petty drama. I have been a part of this forum since 2005 and I am here to help support others and share what I know. If you cannot communicate to others without being hateful and negative, maybe you should just be quiet.

+Quote Post
ariz0nasunset
post Nov 30 2008, 11:10 AM
Post #1058

Hi Everyone! I'm new here. My name is Sarah Miller, I'm 30 Years old, and I've been having problems with BV for a REALLY long time. First I want to say that I am SO happy I have found a forum where I can talk about this, and look for solutions. Here's my story,

I started having these problems 10 years ago. I was constantly going to the Dr. office thinking i had yeast and/or UTI's. I was continuasly given meds for both of those problems, and somtimes it would help, sometimes it wouldn't. Recently, about 2 years ago, I was told I had BV, the doctor explained to me that it looks like a yeast infection sometimes. I was given something to insert for a week, and it was gone, for a few months. Well, a couple years went by, and I was ok. Then in July of 2007 I found out my husband and I were pregnant! YAY! So, a few months into the pregnancy, I begin to have the BV symptoms, but it came with ALOT of pain. Being pregnant, I couldn't take the medice required to get rid of it, so I began doing research for natural options. I found some vitmain A and E inserts that helped with the pain. I also started taking probiotcs. Well, it's been 8 months sice I had my baby boy, and I now can't take antibiotics for the BV because I am now seriously allergic to them. OH BOY! Soooo, I'm now once again taking the probiotcss, and inserts. I don't think this will ever go away! I haven't had sex with my husband since JULY 2007 because of the pain!

Now, I was reading on here about Trich. I have been tested, and came out neg. but I've never asked for a trich specific. test. What are they called so I can ask for one? I want so bad to be able to have sex again! I know my hubby would appriciate it!

Ok, soooo, thats my story, sorry so long!

~Sarah

+Quote Post
dani1983
post Nov 30 2008, 09:39 AM
Post #1059

BUSTie

QUOTE(sassy @ Nov 29 2008, 02:22 PM) *
Way too much negativity in here. unsure.gif This should be a place of support. If something works for you, share it. Not everyone has to go that route. I know some people don't like boric acid, but I do. Jewels used TTO, but other people may not get any results with it. Neverending found a hormonal way to treat her BV. To each her own.

I agree with you 100% smile.gif

+Quote Post
lori
post Nov 30 2008, 06:21 AM
Post #1060

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(sassy @ Nov 29 2008, 11:22 AM) *
Way too much negativity in here. unsure.gif This should be a place of support. If something works for you, share it. Not everyone has to go that route.

What do you mean by "negativity?"

QUOTE(sassy @ Nov 29 2008, 11:22 AM) *
I know some people don't like boric acid, but I do. Jewels used TTO, but other people may not get any results with it. Neverending found a hormonal way to treat her BV. To each her own.

So, by "negativity," do you mean pointing out potential problems with these suggestions?

Let's face facts. Apparently, these are all bad suggestions.

1. BORIC ACID - According to the site Sweaty linked (National Inst. of Health, not a crackpot site), long-term topical (which incl. vaginal) use of boric acid can cause convulsions, coma, twitchy muscles, and all sorts of other symptoms.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002485.htm

That is some scary shit. People need to know this. You shouldn't take this personally.

2. TEA TREE OIL - This isn't a really bad suggestion, because as far as we know, it won't make you fall into a coma. But I do have research that says it doesn't work.

And Jewels did dump her cheating boyfriend. Let's face it - cheating boyfriend means the "test sample" is tainted with germs from sluts. As a result, we can't conclude anything.

I never said TTO doesn't work. I just don't have any research that it does. It doesn't seem to hurt anyone, so people should try it if they want. But they should have realistic expectations.

3. HORMONES - This is another bad suggestion, because messing with your hormones without doctor supervision is just really stupid and you can permanently fuck up your body. As a result - people should see an endocrinologist if they suspect that hormones are the cause. I think this is a better suggestion than telling people to mail-order hormone products. (Wow, how many fucking times have I said this?)

--

SO, IN MY OPINION:

- I think it's good to share research that says that some of the suggestions in here can lead to comas, convulsions, and other permanent fuck-ups. Is that "negativity?"

- I don't know what you mean by "support." But I think sharing all this knowledge is the best "support" there is. I think it's better for people to know all the facts, instead of high-fiving each other and sticking with potentially harmful suggestions because someone's feelings might be hurt.

- I understand that you might be upset because boric acid was the only thing that worked for you, and you thought it was safe. Apparently, it's not safe. It's probably better to acknowledge that than be in denial about it.

--

SO, TO SUM UP, FOR ALL Y'ALL:

BORIC ACID - This is poison. It turns out it's probably not good for you to stick poison up your peesh for a long time.
MY SUGGESTION - If you use it, ask your doctor to prescribe this, and have him/her monitor your use.

TTO - It probably doesn't hurt. But the bustie who this worked for, did also dump her cheating boyfriend, and therefore eliminated her exposure to skank juice. And a Harvard doctor says it doesn't work.
MY SUGGESTION - Try it if you want. But dumping your cheating boyfriend probably works better.

HORMONES - If you think hormones are the problem, go see an endocrinologist.
MY SUGGESTION - If you order hormones off the internet instead, then ... you're pretty stupid. BV is the least of your problems.

Does this sound rude and bitchy? Good. I hope that means you were listening. I've been in this group for over a year, and nice and polite doesn't seem to get through. So bitchy bitchy bitchy! La la la ...

Once again:

BORIC ACID = COMA
TTO = ALTOID FOR YOUR VAGINA
HORMONES = STUPID

Alrighty then. Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving!

--------------------

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 51 52 53 54 55 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 26, 2014 - 01:49 AM