The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Let The Bettification Begin!, (the Ugly Betty thread)
freckleface7
post Sep 25 2008, 11:00 PM
Post #1

beachcomber

thank you so much sweetness, you know I lurves you back too! biggrin.gif

I think the season got off to an interesting start and wilhemina is straight cruella diville but I have to say, I miss Gio.

--------------------
I'm gonna let it shine
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Sep 25 2008, 09:58 PM
Post #2

new highs in personal lows daily!

bump for freckle wub.gif whom i lurve.

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Nov 11 2007, 09:50 AM
Post #3

There is nothing ironic about Show Choir!

Nope, sorry. I hate scraggly beards that creep down chins like someone spilled hair (I am looking at you Justin Timberlake!) He looked better after, although I had no problem with his clothes. smile.gif

--------------------
In times of destruction, create something.
MHK

+Quote Post
briannasoloski
post Nov 9 2007, 08:50 PM
Post #4

BUSTie

QUOTE(mouse @ Nov 8 2007, 11:50 PM) *
pssst, briana--there's a spoiler box option to the left of the text box when you post! it says "Insert: SPOILER" and when you use it, it looks like this: omg dudes betty is going to turn out to not be ugly LOL

i haven't watched this show since last season so i've missed out on a lot (i am fascinated by this talk of amanda in a fat suit--i want to see pictures!) and i probably won't end up having time to watch regularly again, but i caught it tonight...can i just say that marc's bf was so much hotter BEFORE he got "presentable"? yeesh.

Thanks, Mouse. I saw that, but I wasn't sure how it worked. I agree that Marc's boyfriend was much hotter before he changed, too.

+Quote Post
mouse
post Nov 9 2007, 01:33 AM
Post #5

Most Likely Procrastinating

pssst, briana--there's a spoiler box option to the left of the text box when you post! it says "Insert: SPOILER" and when you use it, it looks like this: omg dudes betty is going to turn out to not be ugly LOL

i haven't watched this show since last season so i've missed out on a lot (i am fascinated by this talk of amanda in a fat suit--i want to see pictures!) and i probably won't end up having time to watch regularly again, but i caught it tonight...can i just say that marc's bf was so much hotter BEFORE he got "presentable"? yeesh.

--------------------
jam out with your clam out

+Quote Post
briannasoloski
post Nov 8 2007, 11:14 PM
Post #6

BUSTie

I think Henry is going to break Betty's heart and they'll regret that they hooked up.

**spoiler**

I can't believe Daniel fired Betty tonight. I'm anxious to see what happens next week. I also thought Bradford was going to be dead and that his ex-wife would show up at the wedding.

+Quote Post
roseviolet
post Oct 30 2007, 09:00 AM
Post #7

Pacifism kicks ass!

Hooray for Marc's new guy! He reminds me a lot of a couple of my old friends.

My favorite moment so far this season has GOT to be that bizarre dream that Betty had two weeks ago when her evil teddy bear called her a bitch. Laughed my ass off!

What do you all think of Betty & Henry finally getting together?

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Oct 30 2007, 08:40 AM
Post #8

And not just any love interest but that love interest. I think it is wonderful! I am dying to see what Amanda says when she meets him. biggrin.gif

Just so we are clear, I think it's wonderful, but I can help worry that Marc will screw it up somehow.

--------------------
MHK

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Oct 30 2007, 08:21 AM
Post #9

Hardcore BUSTie

Who else is excited that they finally seem to be giving Marc a love interest?

+Quote Post
roseviolet
post Oct 5 2007, 01:26 PM
Post #10

Pacifism kicks ass!

That photo of Wilhelmina with Dick Cheney was beyond fabulous. See, she IS evil! laugh.gif

And just so ya know, the guy playing her body guard is Vanessa Williams' ex-husband IRL. Freaky, huh?

+Quote Post
Divala
post Sep 28 2007, 12:49 PM
Post #11

Hardcore BUSTie

I didn't fully buy the Santos thing, either, mostly because of how Hilda acted when Betty told her about it in last season's finale. I played along, though, because it was easier. Still, it was made even more confusing because they didn't write in Justin grieving about it at all. I know they weren't terribly close, but this was his dad that was just killed.

Why didn't they have Hilda wearing the dress she got in Mexico?

I'm going to love this storyline about Alexis not remembering about the sex change and whatnot. That should make for some fun scenes.

I wish Henry would've been really back, not just a couple seconds at the very end with no lines.

Angela Bower rules!!! I love her and Yoga in their little Hamptons outfits hanging out in that house. Hilarious.

I liked the statement about how making over the victims of Hurricane Katrina isn't going to make anything better for them, but didn't like how it went straight back to shallow with a bullet. It seemed like a halfhearted effort at social commentary, but it went nowhere.

I want Ignacio back. He has the most delicious voice.

Amanda's fat suit was terrible. How is it that she "gained weight" but none of it went above her stomach? That was just cheap.

I need to take a shower after thinking about Amanda and Daniel possibly engaging in half-incest. And her parents as swingers? Ew, ew, ew!!! Now I need to take ANOTHER shower!

I want Angela Bower to punch people more often. That was AWESOME!

Marc is my new favorite.

I can't wait to see the facedown, if it ever happens, between Henry, Charlie, and Dr. Farkus. I just hope that baby is the orthodontist's and not Henry's.

I like Wili's new hair.

--------------------
"After all those hours of concentrated effort, I come home pure as the driven snow." -Gidget

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Sep 27 2007, 11:31 PM
Post #12

Hardcore BUSTie

I wasn't entirely surprised by the Santos thing. See, what got me in last season's finale was that the cops showed up at Betty's door. And on tv that's always the sign that someone is dead. So then when tonight's episode started and the nephew said that his mom never comes out of her room I was like "Omg, he really is dead!" But then of course, they started the whole dream thing of Santos still being alive. I still felt like I was about to cry at the end though! It was just gut wrenching!

+Quote Post
faerietails2
post Sep 27 2007, 08:26 PM
Post #13

donut-lovin' heathen

I know. I had a feeling something was up, but I just went along with it. That was dirty!

--------------------

+Quote Post
roseviolet
post Sep 27 2007, 08:16 PM
Post #14

Pacifism kicks ass!

Since the new season started tonight, I thought I'd resurrect the thread. If you have not seen the first episode of this season, run away! Flee!

Mkay. Spoilers begin now.

Was I the only gullible one? Was I the only one who gut sucked in and was then shocked and started crying at the end of the show? Because ... WOW. That was rough. Poor Hilda. sad.gif

And it sounds like Alexis has lost a HUGE chunk of her memory. Hmmm!

Interesting to see that Henry is back. Can't wait to hear what happened there.

The biggest disappointment was Amanda's "fat" suit. That was the worst atempt at a fat suit I've ever seen!!!! And I used to work in community theatre! Can't ABC afford something better than that?! Sheesh.

Actually, that wasn't the worst disappointment ... because that painfully-obvious plug for Victoria's Secret nearly made me puke. PuhLEEEEEZ!!!! The normal not-so-subtle plugs for Disney-owned programming is bad enough.

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Apr 22 2007, 10:59 AM
Post #15

I think this show does a lot to blow some stereotypes out of the water and humanize characters. So why oh why are the only two black women on the show becoming such problems? One (Constance) is a love-starved, psychotic sexual predator and the other (Whilemena) is having to use her body to get the job that is rightfully hers, thus putting her in the "Jezabel" role. If she seemed even a little hesitent or put out that she was forced to seduce Bradford it would be a little better, but I think this story line is a real problem.

--------------------
MHK

+Quote Post
aunt agonist
post Mar 28 2007, 01:40 PM
Post #16

BUSTie

the last episode made me sad too. i loved marc! ah well. he'll rise above it. also, can i just say that i love america ferrera but i am kind of tired of her delivering a hokey speech in EVERY SINGLE EPISODE. i like her. i like that she makes mistakes and stuff, but i'm tired of her making hokey revelations for everyone. i wish that if they insisted on the cheesey speeches, then someone else would get to make one once in a while.

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Mar 25 2007, 12:24 PM
Post #17

Wow. I just watched this week's episode and I have to say the ending was heartbreaking. Poor Marc.

--------------------
MHK

+Quote Post
crazyoldcatlady
post Mar 19 2007, 05:07 PM
Post #18

the moistiest

the first time i watched Betty, I couldn't figure out what the hype was all about. i found it campy and sugary moralistic.

so why do i love it? the writing is spot. on. the dialogue is super witty, the casting was sexcellent, and it's just *different*.

america ferrera is my hot slut of the day.

+Quote Post
pointybird
post Mar 19 2007, 01:50 PM
Post #19

BUSTie

I'm bumping this thread up! I love Betty! I also love Justin, Hilda and Claire Mead and, for some strange reason, I'm taken with Amanda. Just got to the episode with Henry's gf showing up - arrrggghh! He really needs to be with Betty, but I'm loving that they made Charlie this amazing, cool girl that Betty really took to. I'm addicted!

+Quote Post
femmespeak
post Mar 1 2007, 01:47 PM
Post #20

BUSTie

Not a clue, kittenb - I only skimmed it, to be honest. I'll go back and read it more carefully.

I think they were talking about it because the actress is a minority and so, I suppose, has a stake in the success of other minority actresses.

--------------------
Did someone just open a can of spam?

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 28, 2014 - 11:06 PM