271 Pages V  « < 95 96 97 98 99 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
jewelscando
post Mar 10 2008, 12:35 PM
Post #1921

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(CarrieBradshaw @ Mar 10 2008, 05:10 PM) *
This is just a total shot in the dark, but I'm pretty sure all of our Vs really really WANT to be in balance. I honestly think the first time we get BV it's caused by one thing and it's just really really hard to get back to that natural balance once you get it one time (aren't they always saying, once you get it once, you're more likely to get it again?). So anyways, it's my hope (I've had success with FemD, too) that FemD pushes our Vs to get back to that original natural balance. Once we're finally there with the help of the good ole' FemD, we don't have to take it again.... at least that's what I dream about at night. laugh.gif Anyways, I really like FemD so far. I prolly woulda tried TTO, but I just hate sticking crap up there. smile.gif

On another note, I did get some TTO for a fungal infection on my skin, and DAYUM! It ate it right up! I mean fast!!! I tried everything over the counter AND Rxs for my skin problem. TTO was the ONLY thing that worked....now I'm using it for everything on my skin. LOL. My boyfriend had a small cut on his hand the other day and I forced him to put some TTO on it and it really helped it. SO yeah, I love TTO too smile.gif Just not for my Va JJ.

On another note, ya know I think about BV so much, so I just come up with random reasons as to why people keep getting BV. When I was in my teens and on my period, my monthly flow would gush out like there was no tomorrow. I never thought anything of it until I'm in my mid-20s and pretty sexually active. Because now, I notice it really doesn't gush out (my period). It kind of just sits there and I ended up wiping a bunch of it when I'm using the bathroom (sorry for the graphics). But, I'm wondering, after 10 years of tampon use and several years of sexual activity, are my muscles not as strong? Is my Va J J not pushing things out as well (e.g. period, secretions, etc. etc.). So, if that's the case, is it harder for it to self-cleanse? meaning, harder for it to get the bad bacteria out? Maybe I always had the bad bacteria around, but my Va JJ was so strong and young in my teens and early 20s that it just pushed it out really quickly? Now, maybe it doesn't get cleansed as fast, and so the bacteria gets a chance to hang around longer and really get settled ???? smile.gif laugh.gif I could be totally off and probably am....but that was just a random thought I had the other day.

I'm off to do some kegels... smile.gif

Well, the flow of your period is really based upon your Uterus contracting to get it out. That's atleast what my doctor told me before I had my hysterectomy. I was having LITERALLY 20 day periods, and he explained to me that because my Uterus was so swollen, from endometriosis, that It was taking 20 days for my uterus to "Squeeze" it all out. (Hense, cramps during periods) So, as far as it being your muscles... I don't believe it has anything to do with your "Muscles". And most importantly, I don't have periods. I haven't had periods now for around 7yrs.... and I've had BV going on 6yrs now.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fustrated
post Mar 10 2008, 11:09 AM
Post #1922

Lori -- I have started a course of flagyl and fem-d. I started both on Saturday. My question to you is when you did your course of Flagyl and fem-d, when did you start seeing results and when you know that your body felt "normal". I did a coure of Clandesse (sp?) last Tuesday and started Flagy and fem-d on Saturday. On Sunday (yesterday) I felt really good. I knew I still had BV but not bad at all. But today (Monday) the symtoms are worse. Did you have symptoms while you took your flagyl and fem-d and if so, when did you start noticing a difference. Did you still have signs of BV when you got done with the course of flagyl? I hope my question makes sense. Again I know our bodies are different. I have researched this myself, not to your extent, but the clincial tests show that healthy bacteria starts growing in 7days, however if I am taking an antibodic, is that killing the fem-d I am taking and stopping any good bacteria that grows? I guess I am confused on that part. Are they saying to take the fem-d to get my body use to the probodtic or is it actually helping during my course of flagyl? Thank you for doing all your research. I was taking Femonal, and thought I was seeing results, but the BV came back. I found this site by accident and the flagyl and fem-d made sense to me. I don't know if will work for me, but it is worth trying. The blogs I have read on this site state that the fem-d did not work for them, but they never really said if they took the fem-d with the Flagyl. I am hoping that following the study will work for me. Okay, sorry to keep writing. Thanks again for your research.

+Quote Post
CarrieBradshaw
post Mar 10 2008, 10:53 AM
Post #1923

BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ Mar 9 2008, 11:38 AM) *
[

Thanks for telling me how you feel, Jewels. I'm not saying anyone needs to take Fem-doph. But you obviously didn't understand HOW it works, so I've explained it as clearly as I could. I hope it makes sense to you.
Well, most of everything I understand. But what I STILL DON'T understand, is you've restored the good bacteria. I understand that. SO.... HOW DID YOU CONTINUE TO KEEP IT RESTORED??? My fear is, if I restore the good bacteria, how do I keep it good??? Does that make sense??

This is just a total shot in the dark, but I'm pretty sure all of our Vs really really WANT to be in balance. I honestly think the first time we get BV it's caused by one thing and it's just really really hard to get back to that natural balance once you get it one time (aren't they always saying, once you get it once, you're more likely to get it again?). So anyways, it's my hope (I've had success with FemD, too) that FemD pushes our Vs to get back to that original natural balance. Once we're finally there with the help of the good ole' FemD, we don't have to take it again.... at least that's what I dream about at night. laugh.gif Anyways, I really like FemD so far. I prolly woulda tried TTO, but I just hate sticking crap up there. smile.gif

On another note, I did get some TTO for a fungal infection on my skin, and DAYUM! It ate it right up! I mean fast!!! I tried everything over the counter AND Rxs for my skin problem. TTO was the ONLY thing that worked....now I'm using it for everything on my skin. LOL. My boyfriend had a small cut on his hand the other day and I forced him to put some TTO on it and it really helped it. SO yeah, I love TTO too smile.gif Just not for my Va JJ.

On another note, ya know I think about BV so much, so I just come up with random reasons as to why people keep getting BV. When I was in my teens and on my period, my monthly flow would gush out like there was no tomorrow. I never thought anything of it until I'm in my mid-20s and pretty sexually active. Because now, I notice it really doesn't gush out (my period). It kind of just sits there and I ended up wiping a bunch of it when I'm using the bathroom (sorry for the graphics). But, I'm wondering, after 10 years of tampon use and several years of sexual activity, are my muscles not as strong? Is my Va J J not pushing things out as well (e.g. period, secretions, etc. etc.). So, if that's the case, is it harder for it to self-cleanse? meaning, harder for it to get the bad bacteria out? Maybe I always had the bad bacteria around, but my Va JJ was so strong and young in my teens and early 20s that it just pushed it out really quickly? Now, maybe it doesn't get cleansed as fast, and so the bacteria gets a chance to hang around longer and really get settled ???? smile.gif laugh.gif I could be totally off and probably am....but that was just a random thought I had the other day.

I'm off to do some kegels... smile.gif

+Quote Post
stressed43
post Mar 10 2008, 01:01 AM
Post #1924

BUSTie

hi sprinkles thanks for the welcome. I totally agree with you. We all have different bodies and they react to medicine/washes/supplements differently.

So I went out today and bought the Fem-D from whole foods with my boyfriend. I took one pill (it was really gross tasting) and I swear no more than 5o minutes later I was anxious so I did a "smell test" and it smelled like nothing. My bf thought it was a miracle because before I took the pill it had smelled like the same ole ICKY gross smell (which we almost had gotten used to BLEH!) Anyways whatever Fem-D does it does it fast. I'm guessing if it does not work for some of you guys after a week or two you may want to not waste money and look into other options. I checked down there a couple of minutes ago and it didn't smell like nothing but if BV was 100% odor I would say its a good 14%. So I am going to a pill a day for a month and hopefully it will go away. Maybe not forever, but at least I won't have to run to my gyno every time I have a relapse and be treated like a total sluts..AS IF ITS MY FAULT I smell! Anyways wish me luck ladies! And I hope all of you guys are doing well smile.gif

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Mar 10 2008, 12:28 AM
Post #1925

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(lori @ Mar 10 2008, 02:00 AM) *
I can't explain it any clearer than I have, Jewels.

But here's an excerpt from Prevention Magazine that I hope helps you:

Top Medical Breakthroughs of 2007

Breakthrough that speeds treatment of vaginal infections

Probiotics--friendly bacteria that thrive in the body--are known to prevent or even cure yeast infections and bacterial vaginosis. Now there's an OTC supplement containing the two Lactobacillus strains documented to promote vaginal health. The probiotic pill Fem-Dophilus has erased up to 90% of vaginal bacterial infections and significantly reduced yeast growth in trials by coating the lining of vaginal tissues and producing acids that keep pathogens from gaining a foothold. When women take antibiotics, Fem-Dophilus doubles the drugs' effectiveness by recolonizing the vagina with healthy flora.
Actually, you can make it worse. Douching can push the BV germs into the upper genital tract and cause PID.

Hmmmm... well... either way, it's a miracle!! I'm so happy for you Lori!! And I value your thoughts and opinions.

For those of you who think the discussions between Lori and I are "Juvenile", well, you just don't know Lori and I!! We go back and forth all the time. I value what Lori has to say, because she has spent probably more hours then all of us combined in researching this ridiculous problem that we all have.. So, do not get offended. Lori truly is here to help, and any advice you can get from her, take it. She knows her "Shit!" Just check out her blog!! Anyone who spends that amount of time, compiling all that information, is truly someone who cares. biggrin.gif

As for me... I'm still going strong... I was with my boyfriend, all weekend, and everything was perfect. I will use the TTO tomorrow night, just half a capsule, because I'm chicken shit that it will come back!!

One day, I hope to be as confident as Lori, and hopefully I won't have to keep using it. I am considering getting the Fem though Lori. I really like what you've had to say about it!

+Quote Post
neverending
post Mar 9 2008, 07:51 PM
Post #1926

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(arj75 @ Mar 9 2008, 12:04 PM) *
Thanks for sharing the info about the TTO Maggie MRSA is a big epidemic in the county in which I live. I actually did a research paper on it awhile back...and well, yep..MRSA and VRE? are being found in vaginal cultures. Really really sad...two deaths this year from MRSA in two young women (in their 20's) who were otherwise healthy..one woman was pregnant.

I haven't tried tea-tree oil yet, but I think I might. I did like the boric.

MRSA is really getting bad everywhere. I think a little boy in New York died of MRSA. How do you know if your a carrier? Is there a test or something? If your hospitalized do they run tests for it? Sorry so many questions but this disease, if it is a disease, is getting really bad.

LADIES; EVERYTHING IS STILL GREAT ON THIS END AND YES, THE NUVARING IS A GREAT FORM OF BIRTH CONTROL. I LOVE IT! MY BREAST HAVE EVEN PERKED BACK UP AND THEY ARE NOT SORE THE WAY THEY WERE WHEN I FIRST STARTED.

+Quote Post
lori
post Mar 9 2008, 07:43 PM
Post #1927

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ Mar 9 2008, 09:38 AM) *
Well, most of everything I understand. But what I STILL DON'T understand, is you've restored the good bacteria. I understand that. SO.... HOW DID YOU CONTINUE TO KEEP IT RESTORED??? My fear is, if I restore the good bacteria, how do I keep it good??? Does that make sense??

I can't explain it any clearer than I have, Jewels.

But here's an excerpt from Prevention Magazine that I hope helps you:

Top Medical Breakthroughs of 2007

Breakthrough that speeds treatment of vaginal infections

Probiotics--friendly bacteria that thrive in the body--are known to prevent or even cure yeast infections and bacterial vaginosis. Now there's an OTC supplement containing the two Lactobacillus strains documented to promote vaginal health. The probiotic pill Fem-Dophilus has erased up to 90% of vaginal bacterial infections and significantly reduced yeast growth in trials by coating the lining of vaginal tissues and producing acids that keep pathogens from gaining a foothold. When women take antibiotics, Fem-Dophilus doubles the drugs' effectiveness by recolonizing the vagina with healthy flora.

QUOTE(konphusion26 @ Mar 9 2008, 01:47 PM) *
Heck I know we're not really supposed to douche, but i figure what do i have to lose? The BV already came back lol cant make it much worse.

Actually, you can make it worse. Douching can push the BV germs into the upper genital tract and cause PID.

--------------------

+Quote Post
konphusion26
post Mar 9 2008, 02:30 PM
Post #1928

Hardcore BUSTie

MUCH LOVE FOR SPRINKLES!! Hey twin! The TTO douche does feel lovely. I just cant use the oil undiluted in the capsules. Heck I know we're not really supposed to douche, but i figure what do i have to lose? The BV already came back lol cant make it much worse.

I've tried yaz, but since i usually forget to take pills, I wasnt on any type of schedule with them. So that probably screwed me up and didnt get a chance to really work. But they were the only ones I've taken that didnt make me sick. Only side effect i had was my boobs got bigger. LOL With my insurance now though, they'll be $51 for a refill. YIKES.

--------------------
Faith is hoping for and believing in things you cannot see!

+Quote Post
quietmadness
post Mar 9 2008, 12:29 PM
Post #1929

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(arj75 @ Mar 8 2008, 08:14 PM) *
............By the way did anyone see 20/20 on TV the other night?? It was about that disorder someone was speaking off, where the women can stink up a whole gymnasium with the fish funk. She taped it for me.. I havent had time to watch it yet.........

Hey ARJ---Do you happen to have a link to a video of that?? I'd really like to watch it.

Thanks,
--Quiet--

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Mar 9 2008, 10:21 AM
Post #1930

Hardcore BUSTie

[

Thanks for telling me how you feel, Jewels. I'm not saying anyone needs to take Fem-doph. But you obviously didn't understand HOW it works, so I've explained it as clearly as I could. I hope it makes sense to you.
[/quote]

+Quote Post
arj75
post Mar 9 2008, 04:47 AM
Post #1931

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(mfc10 @ Mar 8 2008, 09:24 PM) *
Hi, Jewels...After using boric acid for a couple of weeks, back when I was having recurring bouts of BV & yeast infections, I then used tea tree oil suppositories that I bought at my local healthfood store (also available online) for maintenance purposes. I did this for about 2 months, using a piece of a suppository every other day.

The TTO was wonderful. I found a link via Google Scholar (I no longer have quick access to it) that tested TTO in vitro on strains of the good vaginal lactobacili. It showed that it did not kill off the good bacteria, unlike boric acid & most prescription meds. It does have effective antiviral, antifungal & antibacterial properties. (I read that it even will kill the MRSA antibiotic-resistant staph bacteria that has been much in the news in the recent past.)

I've been BV-free for about 2 years now. My method is to use either a blob of Estrace estrogen cream (Rx) or a blob of SYLK (pH=4.7) lubricant every day. I also take Fem Dophilus when I remember to! I'm 51 & am peri-menopausal. smile.gif

Cheers!
Maggie

Thanks for sharing the info about the TTO Maggie MRSA is a big epidemic in the county in which I live. I actually did a research paper on it awhile back...and well, yep..MRSA and VRE? are being found in vaginal cultures. Really really sad...two deaths this year from MRSA in two young women (in their 20's) who were otherwise healthy..one woman was pregnant.

I haven't tried tea-tree oil yet, but I think I might. I did like the boric.

+Quote Post
SpRiNkLeS
post Mar 9 2008, 04:00 AM
Post #1932

BUSTie

Just wanted to say that I’m in the menopause club with my twinny twin Konphusion (hey twin! *waves*) and we are in our twenties yet our bodies are so hormonally messed up that it thinks we are in menopause. Anyway anyone with jacked up menopausal symptoms are welcome to join! We are a friendly bunch smile.gif

This TTO douche is great so far and I really hope it continues to get rid of my symptoms BUT I know it probably won’t be MY cure (hopefully I’m wrong!). I am waiting for my hormones to balance out (through BC) and unfortunately because I’ve been so busy lately I forgot to set up an appointment with a new doctor I was recommended to over here so I ran out of birth control pills and it’s been a week now so I probably have to start all over! My last doctor said the birth control takes anywhere from like 2 to 3 months to 6 months to totally work in balancing out the hormones but you HAVE to take it continuously. Boo friggin hoo! So now I gotta start all over.

So I was thinking about changing to Nuvaring. I was horrible at taking the pills at the same exact time every day. Either that or I was reading up on Yaz and that particular form of BC is being targeted for pre-menopausal women SO that could be good for me too.

Anyone tried these?

+Quote Post
SpRiNkLeS
post Mar 9 2008, 03:56 AM
Post #1933

BUSTie

Hey girls!
So I FINALLY tried the tea tree oil douche two nights ago. OH MY GOSH….can I say A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!! Quite an experience this was. My kitty has not felt THAT good in like….who the hell knows!!!!!!!!!!!! WoW. WOW. Like…WHOA. So I wish I tried this a month ago when it was all the rage here. Seriously Jewels is right it totally feels like someone is lightly blowing on you and yes your vagina DOES feel like the equivalent to when you gargle with mouthwash, um like you know in your mouth. There is just this overwhelming feeling of cleanliness and freshness that just feels so………………..feminine. Finally I was able to remember what my life was like BV free two years ago and this just motivates me to keep on keeping on. So I LOVE LOVE LOVE this douche and I will definitely douche again but I don’t want to overdo it so I was thinking of using it every other night.

I’d like to give a friendly welcome to all the newbies: lisabon, fustrated, Lucecita, Stressed43, LilMissStrange, Cynthia K…and JJ congrats on not being a newbie anymore! ;P Hehe I was totally excited when that happened to me. RN with BV I like your Jessica Rabbit avatar! Totally cute. Hi Lori! I know you’re not a newbie because I remember your name as one from way back but I just wanted to say hi to you too. Anyone else if I notice that I’ve left you out I’ll totally send a hug vibe. I may not know you but because you have BV I know what you go through seeing as I go through the same exact shit. What does not kill us will only make us stronger in the end so remember that!!!!!!

As always happens when I’m busy I finally check into this thread and there’s like a TON of posts to read. My goodness ladies! I don’t understand what’s going on but for some reason ya’ll are forgetting what we have all finally agreed upon in this forum and that is OUR BODIES ARE ALL DIFFERENT. I am so very happy for all you ladies whose BV has been cured but seriously it is pretty juvenile to say that if their BV was NOT cured by what cured you then theirs is probably not really cured at all. If someone’s BV was not cured by what you tried you know what that means? Ka-ching! *lightbulb flickers on* She has a totally different body than you do. I personally tried FemD for a while last year without using anything else but a multivitamin and acidophilus and besides spending a crapload of money it didn’t do a thing for me. I totally wish it did but it didn’t. I also think some girls are “lucky” too because seriously some just try one thing, like B-6 and then their BV is cured. We all read posts on here of girls who say they tried this one thing, which we have probably all tried, and for some reason their BV was actually cured just from that one thing while ours was not. I am very happy for them but obviously their body is very different from mine if it worked on them, yet not on me.

So anyway I’m lovin the TTO it is quite amazing. Even if it only works that once (and no discharge AT ALL for the next day!! SERIOUSLY and this is amazing in itself) it was well worth the experience for me. It felt SO GOOD to feel normal again!

+Quote Post
lori
post Mar 8 2008, 10:06 PM
Post #1934

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(konphusion26 @ Mar 8 2008, 06:27 PM) *
Well with all this talk about the Fem-D, I've been taking it for over 2 months now, and its not really doing anything for me. Probably because I keep bleeding and have a hormonal imbalance. that's the only thing I can think of that causes mine. I've been taking the B vitamins, regular multivitamins, folic acid, Fem-D and do the boric acid a few times a week, tried the TTO a few times.

As I posted before, I think the boric acid and the TTO may be inhibiting the growth of the good bacteria. I.e., using those is counter-productive to what you're trying to achieve with the Fem-doph.

--------------------

+Quote Post
konphusion26
post Mar 8 2008, 08:10 PM
Post #1935

Hardcore BUSTie

Well with all this talk about the Fem-D, I've been taking it for over 2 months now, and its not really doing anything for me. Probably because I keep bleeding and have a hormonal imbalance. that's the only thing I can think of that causes mine. I've been taking the B vitamins, regular multivitamins, folic acid, Fem-D and do the boric acid a few times a week, tried the TTO a few times. I'm getting to the point where I'm angry as hell at the doctors, all they want to do is pump you full of antibiotics and hormones that do nada. Nothing seems to be working long term except the boric acid. Soon as I stop that though, the symptoms come right back almost immediately. This is unbelievable.

I feel like a friggin broken record in this thread lol Congrats to all the BV free busties, I'm happy for you!

HEY JEWELS!!!!

--------------------
Faith is hoping for and believing in things you cannot see!

+Quote Post
lori
post Mar 8 2008, 07:21 PM
Post #1936

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(arj75 @ Mar 8 2008, 04:14 PM) *
Hello everyone!

Lori, I'm really happy for that you have had sucess with the fem!

I'm working at an STD clinic now..and I have witnessed several woman that were diagnosed with BV..but when their pap smear came back bam! They got the bad news that they have Trich. The lab techs are very busy..and if the wet mount isnt prepared right (using too cold of a solution )(which they don't give a crap about if they do or don't) to prepare the slide..it stops thier happy whipping tails and makes them harder to see. (They like it hot lol) If only I could be that lucky, sad to wish for an std instead of BV lol

I didn't know this, maybe it has already been said..men just carry trich, and usually have no symtoms. The men are never tested for it, they only find out they have it when the partner is diagnosed. The flagyl is used to kill trich as well, but the doctors have the partners infected take 500mg every 6 hours over a 24 hour period.

Hi arj75. Thank you for sharing that.

I wrote previously in this thread (and in my blog) that I think it's possible that some women have Trich, instead of BV.

- According to my research, only 40-60% of Trich is caught by wet mounts
- The symptoms are similar (odor and discharge color)
- The cure is similar (1 week of oral Flagyl), so a lot of women don't know they even had Trich, they just think it was BV
- I think only 10% of men show symptoms

Based on these facts, I think it's very easy to have Trich, but think it's BV.

Arj75's experience confirms that this is definitely something to watch out for. One more reason to get a thorough GYN checkup.

At least two posters in this thread ended up having Trich, too, when they thought it was just BV.

So if you always get BV again after unprotected sex with a partner, definitely get a Trich culture, don't just rely on a wet mount. Your partner needs to be treated, too!

--------------------

+Quote Post
mfc10
post Mar 8 2008, 07:07 PM
Post #1937

BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ Mar 8 2008, 12:52 PM) *
Well, just like anything, what works for you, is what you need to continue to do.....
I am I'm sure getting close to starting menopause, which I'm sure your V Book states that this can trigger the imbalance in the vagina which might cause BV.

Hi, Jewels...After using boric acid for a couple of weeks, back when I was having recurring bouts of BV & yeast infections, I then used tea tree oil suppositories that I bought at my local healthfood store (also available online) for maintenance purposes. I did this for about 2 months, using a piece of a suppository every other day.

The TTO was wonderful. I found a link via Google Scholar (I no longer have quick access to it) that tested TTO in vitro on strains of the good vaginal lactobacili. It showed that it did not kill off the good bacteria, unlike boric acid & most prescription meds. It does have effective antiviral, antifungal & antibacterial properties. (I read that it even will kill the MRSA antibiotic-resistant staph bacteria that has been much in the news in the recent past.)

I've been BV-free for about 2 years now. My method is to use either a blob of Estrace estrogen cream (Rx) or a blob of SYLK (pH=4.7) lubricant every day. I also take Fem Dophilus when I remember to! I'm 51 & am peri-menopausal. smile.gif

Cheers!
Maggie

+Quote Post
arj75
post Mar 8 2008, 05:57 PM
Post #1938

Hardcore BUSTie

Hello everyone!

Lori, I'm really happy for that you have had sucess with the fem!

I'm currently taking one fem a day in morning and one ultimate flora at night. I also am taking flagyl (3rd time?) I usually use the metro-gel because that is what I have the neverending script for, but it's like $70 per script.

I did break down and try the boric acid even though it scared the crap of me, and it did kill the smell, and if the stinch comes back after my cycle, I will use it again. Anyways, someone asked about finding the boric acid? The pharmacy I go to has it behind their counter - you just have to ask for it.

I'm working at an STD clinic now..and I have witnessed several woman that were diagnosed with BV..but when their pap smear came back bam! They got the bad news that they have Trich. The lab techs are very busy..and if the wet mount isnt prepared right (using too cold of a solution )(which they don't give a crap about if they do or don't) to prepare the slide..it stops thier happy whipping tails and makes them harder to see. (They like it hot lol) If only I could be that lucky, sad to wish for an std instead of BV lol

I didn't know this, maybe it has already been said..men just carry trich, and usually have no symtoms. The men are never tested for it, they only find out they have it when the partner is diagnosed. The flagyl is used to kill trich as well, but the doctors have the partners infected take 500mg every 6 hours over a 24 hour period.

Hope we all feel better soon!

By the way did anyone see 20/20 on TV the other night?? It was about that disorder someone was speaking off, where the women can stink up a whole gymnasium with the fish funk. She taped it for me.. I havent had time to watch it yet.

www.femalepatient.com Trimethylaminuria; a noninfectious cause of vaginal odor enzyme disorder? hmmm
Here's a good link...maybe it is not as rare as they think..I'm sure some cases are not quite as severe as others.

+Quote Post
lori
post Mar 8 2008, 05:02 PM
Post #1939

Hardcore BUSTie

I want to add that fem-dophilus alone isn't the cure. If you want, you can just start taking it and see if it helps you.

But this is the plan of action I would recommend:

1. Start with a GYN exam. Everyone woman should have one regularly, so get yourself to a doctor and get a checkup.

2. Make sure it's BV, and not something else, esp. an STD. If you read this entire thread, you'll see that there are plenty of posters thought they had BV, and went to the doctor and found out that it was an STD. So get an annual check-up and make sure that your problem is BV.

3. Get your prescription. If your doctor gives you a choice, I think oral flagyl is the best option. (I've explained in my blog why I think that. I've tried everything - oral/vaginal flagyl, and oral/vaginal clindamycin.)

4. Start using Fem-doph while using your prescription. Take 2/day.

5. Drop down to 1/day after 2 weeks at the earliest.

--------------------

+Quote Post
lori
post Mar 8 2008, 04:51 PM
Post #1940

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ Mar 8 2008, 02:30 PM) *
And you were able to get your vagina to the right balance and STAY in the right balance. That is what confuses me.

I know.

Because, Flagyl is supposse to do that.

No.

I've explained this in my blog, and also in many posts in this thread. Flagyl doesn't help restore the balance.

This is why:

As you know, there is GOOD bacteria (lactobacillus) and BAD bacteria (gardnerella) in your vagina. In a healthy vagina, the GOOD outnumbers the BAD, and keeps the BAD from taking over. But when the BAD bacteria takes over, that's when you get BV.

Right?

So we take flagyl, and that kills the BAD bacteria. But it also kills off the GOOD bacteria, and does nothing to help the GOOD bacteria grow back.

Get it?

This is why so many of us have recurrences. Flagyl kills the BAD bacteria, so we feel better for a little while. But because it also killed off the GOOD bacteria, the BAD bacteria grows back again.

And we all have been on several doses of Flagyl, to no avail, it continues to return.

I know. Me too.

So, WHY after taking the Fem for 10 months or whatever it was that you took, how did that, and that alone, keep your vagina in the right balance?? That is what confuses me.

Because Fem-dophilus contains the good bacteria! laugh.gif Ta-da!

And it's designed to make sure that good bacteria ends up in your vagina when you take it orally.

Do you understand now?

Mine is out of balance. Regardless of what "ADVENTUROUS" things I try to do, it continues to stay out of balance. So, by you taking the Fem, it allowed you to get back in to balance BUT HOW DID IT STAY IN BALANCE???

Fem-doph replaces the good bacteria I lost.

Obviously, Fem-doph is making sure that I have enough good bacteria in my vagina that's keeping the bad from taking over.

That's my fear of trying the Fem. I'm horrible at taking pills, and I know I won't take them like I'm supposse to, because I will forget.

I think swallowing pills once a day is easier than making TTO capsules and putting it in your vagina. (Get one of those week-long pill cases. That always helps me remember.)

So, after I take them, at what point will I be 100% positive that it won't come back?

According to the research, it's clinically proven that the good bacteria begins to colonize in 2 weeks.

Point is, theres got to be more then just taking the pills that you have done Lori, to keep it away. Changed eating habits? Stopped smoking? Whatever the case may be....

No.

I'm confused at why now, your vagina has decided to NOT have a bout with BV, just because you took the Fem for 10 months straight.

I hope I've explained the good-bad bacteria situation above.

My vagina didn't magically decide to stop having BV one day. I just made sure that I replaced the good bacteria. Fem-doph helped me do that.

--

--------------------

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 95 96 97 98 99 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 28, 2014 - 10:11 AM