The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Leave Already
pepper
post Jan 21 2007, 02:15 PM
Post #1

this is reminding me of numbnuts (why do they ALL remind me of each other?). it's been a while but i'm surprised we all haven't learned our lesson yet. it's never gonna leave if we keep feeding it. ignore ignore ignore.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
roseviolet
post Jan 21 2007, 01:32 PM
Post #2

Pacifism kicks ass!

For heaven's sake, people, this is Day Four of this. Can you please just cut it out? If you don't like someone, confront the issue in PM or put the person on ignore. Honestly, do we need an entire thread dedicated just to tearing apart one person? How is this a positive contribution to the community?

Please. I beg of you. Let this thread die already.

+Quote Post
kickitkickitkick...
post Jan 21 2007, 11:11 AM
Post #3

BUSTie

This is really petty now. Are we adults? Can we act civil? I don't care how nasty or rude anyone of you choose to be towards me, I'm not going anywhere and theres nothing you can do to make me leave. So I'd suggest using the ignore function. Thanks.

--------------------
The most beautiful woman on this planet!

+Quote Post
girlygirlgag
post Jan 21 2007, 10:56 AM
Post #4

Super BadAss

QUOTE(sybarite @ Jan 21 2007, 02:12 PM) *

I have to agree with tesao, and mando as well:

'I do wish there was less pouncing. and even less nasty pouncing/snarky "not one of us" asides. don't mean to sound holier-than-thou, but when someone irritates the shit out of me, turning off the computer & walking away works wonders.'

Tr**ls are annoying, as is ignorant behaviour in general. But equally annoying to me is the time and energy spent bitching about them, their posts, their breaches in a board etiquette which fluctuates in definition.

I'm glad people are committed to keeping BUST a safe as well as expressive space. I just don't think all this policing is necessary. We all know how to avoid ignorance IRL so surely we're able to do so here.

I wait to see if said person is a troll. Sinfullysmitten, from the beginning did not come off like one to me, just someone who is new.

Kitkitkit did because when she was advised on proper board etiquette it turned into a shit storm.

Anyone who puts the definition of a troll on their sig-line is usually such.

But now, I have her on ignore and am ready to move on.

--------------------
Constantly on.

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Jan 21 2007, 10:45 AM
Post #5

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

If you're going to quote me could you please use the quote button?

If you have read the newbies thread (specifically mornington's post where she quotes tesao) you will now know how to make respectful, relevant, on-topic posts. Please do so.

Oh and "prove me to be one or concede"? that's infammatory.

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post
girlygirlgag
post Jan 21 2007, 10:32 AM
Post #6

Super BadAss

Then leave.

--------------------
Constantly on.

+Quote Post
kickitkickitkick...
post Jan 21 2007, 09:03 AM
Post #7

BUSTie

QUOTE(girlygirlgag @ Jan 21 2007, 10:10 AM) *

Becuase I have yet to encounter another person as clueless as you are in board etiquette.

Talking about adoption in the pregnancy thread?

Get off (or back on) your high horse and get to steppin, you racist, ninny.

Adoption and pregnancy are two connected things because it still indicates that one wants a child. I'm not racist, where are you getting this from? And would you stop the attacking? It's so juvenile. Like I said, I'll listen to real concerns but I won't put up with being attacked anymore.

--------------------

+Quote Post
girlygirlgag
post Jan 21 2007, 08:53 AM
Post #8

Super BadAss

Becuase I have yet to encounter another person as clueless as you are in board etiquette.

Talking about adoption in the pregnancy thread?

Get off (or back on) your high horse and get to steppin, you racist, ninny.

--------------------
Constantly on.

+Quote Post
kickitkickitkick...
post Jan 21 2007, 08:27 AM
Post #9

BUSTie

I'm not a troll and I've already apologized once so why is this still an issue? What other concerns do you have about me? By all means, I won't bite your head off. Send me a pm and we can discuss any and all issues you have with me further. Lets be adults about this. If you have legitimate concerns, by all means bring them to my attention.

"Oh just leave already?"

If I left, would that resolve anything? I happen to like this board and some of you are very nice and intelligent women that I'm learning so much from. I'd prefer to stay.

"So far you have been a negative presence and you are not making a valid contribution"

Fair enough. How do you suggest that I make valid contributions? I'm really not a negative person but theres been alot going on in my life lately. I know no one probably cares and I shouldn't make excuses but it is the truth. I'll try to be more cheerful here.

"I think you're reading the title of a thread then randomly posting instead of reading previous posts and getting a feel for that thread and what is actually being discussed"

There are some threads where there are replies from 2005! One those threads, I did skim through the most recent pages and posted a reply. I don't understand the issue here if their is a topic about something and my response is on topic or relevant. Plus I don't feel comfortable jumping in on conversations that seem to be going on between other boardies. I feel like that would be rude.

"If you are intent on staying then have a look at tips about how to post -amongst other lounge etiquette- in the newbies thread."

Will do. Going there right now.

--------------------

+Quote Post
bustygirl
post Jan 21 2007, 08:17 AM
Post #10

Hardcore BUSTie

I heart Doodle, too.

+Quote Post
sybarite
post Jan 21 2007, 07:55 AM
Post #11

it's cards on the table time

I have to agree with tesao, and mando as well:

'I do wish there was less pouncing. and even less nasty pouncing/snarky "not one of us" asides. don't mean to sound holier-than-thou, but when someone irritates the shit out of me, turning off the computer & walking away works wonders.'

Tr**ls are annoying, as is ignorant behaviour in general. But equally annoying to me is the time and energy spent bitching about them, their posts, their breaches in a board etiquette which fluctuates in definition.

I'm glad people are committed to keeping BUST a safe as well as expressive space. I just don't think all this policing is necessary. We all know how to avoid ignorance IRL so surely we're able to do so here.

+Quote Post
tesao
post Jan 20 2007, 05:18 AM
Post #12

olha, que coisa mais linda.....

if it hasn't occured to anyone else, we are all doing exactly what the classic "troll" definition would want: there has been division amongst ourselves, lots of bickering and name-calling, unfriendliness, and loads of negative attention being heaped onto the provoker.

i think that this person got exactly what they wanted, and what they set out to. i could be wrong, i often am. but it warrants thought.

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Jan 20 2007, 04:54 AM
Post #13

Oh just leave already? So far you have been a negative presence and you are not making a valid contribution; I think you're reading the title of a thread then randomly posting instead of reading previous posts and getting a feel for that thread and what is actually being discussed. If you are intent on staying then have a look at tips about how to post -amongst other lounge etiquette- in the newbies thread.

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post
pepper
post Jan 19 2007, 09:34 PM
Post #14

mmm, and i'm sure you'll be very welcome here too. proving that you Aren't a troll by pm-ing people that they Are fucking cunts is always a great way to intergrate yourself into a community of people.

+Quote Post
lucizoe
post Jan 19 2007, 09:23 PM
Post #15

Mr. Flibble's very cross.

Awww, polly! Not fair! I want one!

*poke poke poke*

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Jan 19 2007, 09:06 PM
Post #16

(o)(o)

indeed. I made a comment about that in the troll-y thread.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Jan 19 2007, 08:59 PM
Post #17

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

"I'm blocking you because you have proven yourself to be a nasty bitch. tongue.gif "

Honey, if you can't handle a little sarcastic comment, life's gonna be hard for you.

And if you're not here for the attention, why PM me to tell me you're blocking me?

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
greenbean
post Jan 19 2007, 08:37 PM
Post #18

Hardcore BUSTie

Heee!
I don't know if the Bust boards ever had so much going on at one time! How will I ever get off my ass and go out tonight?

--------------------
I thank God I was raised Catholic, so sex will always be dirty.--John Waters

+Quote Post
kickitkickitkick...
post Jan 19 2007, 08:05 PM
Post #19

BUSTie

Edit:

Sorry I was rude. I've moved on from this and hopefully the rest of you can now too.

This post has been edited by kickitkickitkickit: Jan 19 2007, 09:34 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Jan 19 2007, 06:49 PM
Post #20

who knows what goes on behind the kitchen door?

[and nothing is wrong with being a housewife but the stereotypical "that is so unfeminist of you to stay at home", hence why I used it to mock. I could easily be a housewife and that's my choice wink.gif; being the peacemaker I can do too but it's exhausting]

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 18, 2014 - 08:00 PM