Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 227 228 229 230 231 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
jewelscando
post Nov 25 2006, 04:14 PM
Post #4561

Hardcore BUSTie

My folic acid pills are really tiny. I bought them at the health food store. So they are not hard to take at all.

I've been trying the HP for about a week now, and it's almost imposible. I tried it with a tampon which was weird, since I haven't had a period FOR YEARS!! And it's difficult to soak it in, unless you take it out of the applicator, which makes it explode so big that it's difficult to get in. And it almost burns. Not burns, but it's bothersome. Like you can feel fizzing, which makes it want to itch. Oh well, I'm not giving up. I'm going to fight this crap til the end.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pympmama1
post Nov 24 2006, 11:20 PM
Post #4562

BUSTie

QUOTE(Making Progress @ Nov 23 2006, 02:05 AM) *

I ate one tablespoon of yogurt last week and guess what? My BV came back for two or three days. Took some extra folic acid though, and guess what? The BV went away. I have not tried Boric Acid or HP because I am able to keep this under control as long as I don't eat yogurt, sour cream, or other probiotics. So what is consistant in my success? If I eat probiotics (yogurt, coconut, sour cream, acidophilus etc.) BV comes back. If I forget to take my folic acid, bv comes back. If I skip the probiotics, I smell like roses. (At least that is what my partner says while making me scream...) Go ahead and tell everyone I don't know what I'm talking about Chacha!!! To the rest of you, take 800 mcg of folic acid a day, stop the acidophilus if it is making you worse, and get back to the great sex life that you should be having...

Okay, I know I'm going to get an earful now. Keep in mind that I have had BV really bad, and I've had it under control for over a year. tongue.gif

What you say makes since... When I think about while I was being treated for anemia folic acid was prescribed and I didn't have a recurrence until I got tired of the horse pill.... You know I think I am going to try this... I should be taking it for my anemia anyway

Chacha's have been reading the cdc website which believes that many std's causes bv....I read the same websites 2 yrs ago and freaked out and have been getting tested for every know std out there.... I am not sexually active and have not been for over 3yrs but I get tested every year despite not being active.

Chacha drop the excuses (why u offended us) and pick up a purpose....That is why we are all here.... if you have nothing helpful or productive to say then say nothing...

+Quote Post
Eralc Alegna
post Nov 24 2006, 05:08 PM
Post #4563

BUSTie

I too have just been lurking for a while, the page wouldn't load for me for what felt like a week and when I finally got back all hell had broken loose! I'm going to be diplomatic and not comment...
Congratulations to all who are currently symptom free! And oh yea, I HATE YOU ALL. Not really of course but I'm still trying to find my magic formula. I've been doing Metrogel again every night for a week. I also used it two different times during the day after unprotected sex following a quick HP douche to keep the semen from changing the PH too much. So far, so... I don't know. Seems to be the same so I think I'm going to do the other tube of metrogel and then go back on probiotics. Any input?

Making Progress - what brand/type/concentration/whatever of folic acid are you taking? Orally right? I'm interested in trying. I'm also going to look into B vitamin suppliments that *someone* mentioned.

Klee - how were you using the HP? did you do the hold it for 3 min thing or were you the one who did the tampon soak?

Jewels - How have you been treating yourself lately?

Again, I'm happy for you all and sorry for the long-ass post
** Edited to ask if anyone else has problems with the itching and cracked/dry skin on the labia and perinium(sp?). It's been getting pretty bad for me lately but I quit using the steriod gel cause it was brought up that steriods can cause hormone issues (and it never cured it anyway, just helped symptoms). I've been using vasaline but so far not much help. I'm weary of using vagisil in case it's bad for infections or something. Any help?

+Quote Post
autumnbreeze
post Nov 24 2006, 03:59 PM
Post #4564

BUSTie

Making Progress: You seem to be on to something with the folic acid. I want to fully understand this. What role does folic acid play? I've always taken a multivitamin daily that contains 400 mcg folic acid, but I've never noticed any change in symptoms. And are all dairy products considered probiotics? I was surprised when you listed coconut ohmy.gif
Do you have any info/links that you could post?

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Nov 23 2006, 02:38 AM
Post #4565

Hardcore BUSTie

Thanks for the advice true sufferer Making progress!! wink.gif. I bought Folic Acid and keep forgetting to take it!! I'm definatley taking it now!!

Oh, had sex tonight my self!! First time in a few weeks, and guess what??? He went down south and NO SMELL!! I haven't had that pleasure in over a year!!!! Then after making love, still no smell!! I'm sure it's only because I haven't had sex in a while. But I will definately start taking the folic acid!!

+Quote Post
Making Progress
post Nov 23 2006, 12:48 AM
Post #4566

I ate one tablespoon of yogurt last week and guess what? My BV came back for two or three days. Took some extra folic acid though, and guess what? The BV went away. I have not tried Boric Acid or HP because I am able to keep this under control as long as I don't eat yogurt, sour cream, or other probiotics. So what is consistant in my success? If I eat probiotics (yogurt, coconut, sour cream, acidophilus etc.) BV comes back. If I forget to take my folic acid, bv comes back. If I skip the probiotics, I smell like roses. (At least that is what my partner says while making me scream...) Go ahead and tell everyone I don't know what I'm talking about Chacha!!! To the rest of you, take 800 mcg of folic acid a day, stop the acidophilus if it is making you worse, and get back to the great sex life that you should be having...

Okay, I know I'm going to get an earful now. Keep in mind that I have had BV really bad, and I've had it under control for over a year. tongue.gif

--------------------
Making Progress

+Quote Post
sassy
post Nov 21 2006, 10:16 PM
Post #4567

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey guys...I stayed out of here for a couple of days to let things cool down. I'm in no way "throwing a tantrum." I just feel that someone who is not suffering from BV doesn't need to "manage" everyone like they know exactly what we're going through. I have been to the doctor soooo many times and I get STD checked every year, despite being in a one-person relationship, so I know that is not an issue. I was never offended by that being brought up but I am offended by someone telling everyone that everything they do is wrong. I'm willing to change my lifestyle...except eating meat, I will never do that again...but I am not going to allow it to happen because someone is barking orders at me. I love the true people I've met here and I'm glad I didn't piss everyone off!

+Quote Post
autumnbreeze
post Nov 21 2006, 08:02 PM
Post #4568

BUSTie

Jewels: You and the others are the reason I signed on to this forum. It was a breath of fresh air to find women experiencing the same problems and who are so candid and forthcoming with information. Your humor and support has definitely helped me alot! Everyone have a safe holiday. smile.gif

Pianogirl: please keep us updated on your progress.

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Nov 21 2006, 05:57 PM
Post #4569

Hardcore BUSTie

Exactly Autumn. You took the words right our of my mouth!! wink.gif This isn't a thread to piss and moan at each other. This is women WHO HAVE TRUE B.V., trying to help each other THROUGH this. Trying to help find a cure. And if we make a big enough stink of it....NO PUN INTENDED.....MAYBE, just MAYBE, someone will wake up and try to find a cure. Keep up the fight girls. Together, hopefully we can make a difference. And for me personally, I have been on this thread for well over a year. And it's been my savior. Thank you to all my true B.V. suffering sisters who have stuck through this, and thank you for all your helpfull advice. I love you all!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

+Quote Post
klee
post Nov 21 2006, 05:29 PM
Post #4570

BUSTie

Wow, things got a bit touchy in here. I think people always get defensive when anyone suggests they might have a STD. Chacha, you have to realize that almost everyone here has had a speculum in their vag more often than they would like and every annual (which I usually get more than once a year) includes a swab test for most of the illnesses you listed.

I think the simple answer here is that like any other type of bacterial infection - there is no cure in the traditional sense. The antibiotics just kill off bacteria, it's not preventative. It seems unrealistic to basically ask someone to "fix it for me." The only preventative is what you do...and I thought that's what we were working for here anyway.

Although not everyone has had success w/HP, I'm STILL good!!! As I keep mentioning, I drink Emergen-C first thing in the morning and usually another one later on in the day. No yogurt still. More whole grains, raw garlic, and green veggies. And lots of water. I'm fully anticipating having to do the HP thing again after my period but for the long lasting results, I'm WAY okay with it.

+Quote Post
pianogirl
post Nov 21 2006, 04:44 PM
Post #4571

Hardcore BUSTie

Hello Ladies,

We I went to see a holistic doctor on Sunday. It was ok but very expensive.

She recommended that I eat meat LOL and I have been a veggie for like almost 14 years. I laughed when she said that...BV started for me one year and a half for me so its not diet related. She told me to lay off the sugar however I don’t consume much sugar. Anyway here is what she recommended:

HLC capsules intravaginally in the morning and boric acid at night for 7 days straight. After the 7 days have ended stop the boric acid and use the HLC intra vaginally and take one capsule by mouth daily (do this for 2 weeks).

Fembalance 2 capsules 2x a day for hormonal balance day 14 - 28 of your cycle.

Balanced omega 2 caps twice a day with food (I believe this is fish oil so I am a bit skeptical in taking this because I do not eat fish.

I am on my period so I plan on starting this when the bleeding has subsided.

+Quote Post
autumnbreeze
post Nov 21 2006, 03:36 PM
Post #4572

BUSTie

QUOTE(chachaheels @ Nov 21 2006, 05:16 AM) *

No one implied that YOU are not working hard enough for your condition, but if you say everything you've tried hasn't worked, then guess what:
You've either been misdiagnosed, or whatever you've been given as a cure doesn't work and you have to look for something else or try another approach. It's clear that's all you've got to go on; ignore that reality at your own risk.

Either you use that information to take responsiblity for your own health, or don't and just keep doing what you're doing, keep getting the same outcome, and then have tantrums at anyone who says another approach is needed instead.

Good luck girls.

Whatever. I'm not throwing tantrums but I sure as hell don't need your judgement. Are you a doctor? Do you have a cure? Do you have BV? Do you know our treatment histories? Then you can't draw conclusions about our conditions. Period. Don't get bent out of shape with me because someone said your posts sound like bullshit and I laughed. Hey, go ahead...continue to add your super-sized, lengthy, know-it-all posts in here and the other Our Bodies threads...I don't care.

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Nov 21 2006, 08:07 AM
Post #4573

Hardcore BUSTie

Like I said, I've been tested for everything. I don't live off of ordering things through the internet and picking them up at a p.o. box. I don't even own a p.o. box. I don't disagree with you that the doctors can mis diagnose, however, I read alot on B.V. and one of the main things they say, is they have NO IDEA why it comes back. We all aren't stupid, and we know there's a reason for it. We are ALL trying to figure out that reason, from quitting smoking, to changing our diets, to alternative medicines to antibiotics. NOTHING IS WORKING. And to ASSUME that we are all looking for a "Quick Fix" is bull shit. We WANT A CURE. And unfortunately, THERE IS NO CURE.

+Quote Post
chachaheels
post Nov 21 2006, 03:59 AM
Post #4574

Hardcore BUSTie

Your doctors gave your their quick fix cure: go use it. That's what they've got. Why not take up your complaints with them, to whom you've purportedly paid so much money?

If you think getting a second opinion, having other possible causes for your condition (which is chronic now, as you all say it is, and not acute, like BV is supposed to be--one big reason alone to suspect that you don't just have BV) ruled out is "mumbo jumbo", then, wow, go get some more metrogel, or some hormones sold out of some post office box operation, and use it again! Maybe this time it'll work. If not this time, then the next time. It's cheap, right? And you don't care, so...

No one implied that YOU are not working hard enough for your condition, but if you say everything you've tried hasn't worked, then guess what:

You've either been misdiagnosed, or whatever you've been given as a cure doesn't work and you have to look for something else or try another approach. It's clear that's all you've got to go on; ignore that reality at your own risk.

Either you use that information to take responsiblity for your own health, or don't and just keep doing what you're doing, keep getting the same outcome, and then have tantrums at anyone who says another approach is needed instead.

Good luck girls.

--------------------
May suitable doses of guaranteed sensual pleasure and slow, long-lasting enjoyment preserve us from the contagion of the multitude who mistake frenzy for efficiency.

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Nov 18 2006, 07:12 PM
Post #4575

Hardcore BUSTie

Well, I guess your idea of "Real Deep Interesting" stuff, is different then mine. Nobody's looking for a "Quick" fix, we ARE LOOKING FOR A CURE!! Plain and simple. B.V. sucks. Period. And although I'm all for a "Lifestyle" change, if that will CURE me, I'm not going to ASSUME, I have other issues, like cervical displasia, SINCE I DON'T HAVE A CERVIX. And.... I've had my doctor test me from Yeast, to STD's, to EVERYTHING else possible. I HAVE B.V. Period. And the mumble jumple that's been going on on this board, isn't helping anyone. The purpose of this board is to "Vent" and to help each other FIND A CURE. NOT A QUICK FIX. YEAH SASSY!! wink.gif

+Quote Post
autumnbreeze
post Nov 18 2006, 06:54 PM
Post #4576

BUSTie

Sassy: hahahahahah!! Too funny! biggrin.gif

Hey guys, it's not that we're being resistant or that we're trying to offend anybody but come on! If you've never had (recurring) BV, you have NO IDEA what it's like to live with this on a daily basis. We don't want to hear people rambling on and on about nothing. Or trying to imply that we aren't trying hard enough to get rid of this.

+Quote Post
pepper
post Nov 18 2006, 03:06 PM
Post #4577

funny girls. someone is actually offering some real, deep, useful information and you're still looking for a quick fix miracle cure. at this point you'd think you would Really be willing to try something different since all the multitude of drugs have failed you repeatedly. no offense AT all, i just think it's interesting how resistant people are to the suggestion that their lifestyle has caused their illness and a lifestyle change is neccessary to change it.

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Nov 18 2006, 01:57 PM
Post #4578

Hardcore BUSTie

YEAH SASSY!! I've been thinking the same thing. No offense to anyone. I don't want to start a Fish Fry here. LOL. But I agree. We need answers. That's all we want. And all of our patience is RUNNING REALLY THIN!!!! YEAH SASSY!! wink.gif

+Quote Post
chachaheels
post Nov 18 2006, 01:56 PM
Post #4579

Hardcore BUSTie

Well, no offense, sassy, but I'm laughing at the offensive way you said that.

Hey, just sharing what I know, and you can use it or not. If you find what you're doing works well for you, stick with it, no one's forcing you to pay attention to me wink.gif

--------------------
May suitable doses of guaranteed sensual pleasure and slow, long-lasting enjoyment preserve us from the contagion of the multitude who mistake frenzy for efficiency.

+Quote Post
sassy
post Nov 18 2006, 10:36 AM
Post #4580

Hardcore BUSTie

I agree with you guys too! I just had cervical dysplasia the past couple of months so what is accounting for the BV the other 7 years??

No offense chaha, but I think a lot of the stuff you say is kind of bullshit.

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 227 228 229 230 231 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 28, 2014 - 09:44 PM