Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 226 227 228 229 230 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
Eralc Alegna
post Dec 1 2006, 08:52 AM
Post #4541

BUSTie

Good luck Klee, hope everything works out for the best for you. Again I don't want you to freak out more but this makes a good segue into something I've been meaning to bring up...

Anyone been checked out for a group B strep infection? It's another strain of bacterial ever-present in the vag but causes problems if it overgrows. My doc told me last spring that I had group b strep infection and had a compunding pharmacy make penicillin suppositories. All the research i did online about it discusses pregnancy complications and mothers infecting children. I couldn't get anything on just nasty syptoms that wasn't somehow relating to pregnancy. Just a heads up to all that maybe this is what you could be dealing with, but you'd think the docs would pick it up on your cultures...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sassy
post Nov 30 2006, 11:52 PM
Post #4542

Hardcore BUSTie

Wow klee. I wish you luck in whatever decision you make. On another topic, if you keep the baby...you definately want to keep your BV closely monitored because I've read several message boards where women say that BV can cause preterm labor and sometimes even miscarriages. I hope this doesn't freak you out but I wanted to tell you that in case you didn't know. smile.gif

+Quote Post
klee
post Nov 30 2006, 10:37 PM
Post #4543

BUSTie

I know this is off topic...but the test came back positive. Holy crap. It's full fledged freak out now.

+Quote Post
redfawn
post Nov 30 2006, 11:03 AM
Post #4544

my gyno told me i had a bacterial infection when i went in about a month ago. i would get itchy as hell once in a while for a few days, mostly after my period or after screwing around. no smell, but thick white discharge a lot of times. well i took the flagyl for my however many days and have been fine for about two weeks. my boyfriend went down on me a few days ago and i started itching again like mad the next day. so now i'm swollen and tender because i keep rubbing to itch, and i have that thick white discharge every time i sit down to pee just drip drip drip. what can i do? should i go back to the doctor? it seems like it's just the exact same thing and the flagyl didn't cure anything. sad.gif

Eralc Alegna, those vitamins will definitely make your pee neon yellow. it happens to me every time i take them, too, no worries.

i get the itchy/cracked labia, too. ugh.

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Nov 29 2006, 10:58 PM
Post #4545

Hardcore BUSTie

Did two Boric Last night. Will do the same tonight. The smell is DEFINATLEY gone today. It was real strong as the boric was coming out this morning, but it is completely gone this evening. I'm itching though again on my forehead and arms, but that may just be my mind messing with me.

Anyways, KLEE, go get a pregnancy test. Unless you normally are late with periods but definately, you need to find out.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Nov 29 2006, 07:10 PM
Post #4546

Hardcore BUSTie

Klee:A month and a half is a long time to wait for a period.I think you need to take a pregnancy test.Anyway, I said a prayer for you.wink.gif

+Quote Post
klee
post Nov 29 2006, 10:54 AM
Post #4547

BUSTie

Okay - having a moderate freak out. I've been waiting and waiting for my period. Still nothing. Having cramps and swollen breasts but no period. It's going on a month and a half now. This would be B-A-D. Say a prayer for me!!

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Nov 29 2006, 12:10 AM
Post #4548

Hardcore BUSTie

Poop smell here too. Except I call it Shit smell!! lol wink.gif Poop, just isn't graphic enough!! wink.gif Forget what I said the other day, It's not gone. Just wishfull thinking though. I'm going to stay on the Folic and B-6. And I think I'll go back on the Boric, every other day or so. My rash is gone, and I'm afraid it will come back. So, I'm scared to go back on the boric full blown.

+Quote Post
sassy
post Nov 28 2006, 10:27 PM
Post #4549

Hardcore BUSTie

Bought some folic acid and hydrogen peroxide today. I'm going to try both while still using the boric about once a week. We'll see how it goes.

Oh, and I do not smoke and never have.

+Quote Post
Eralc Alegna
post Nov 28 2006, 05:49 PM
Post #4550

BUSTie

I smoked from 13/14 until february of last year (I'm 22). But I will occasional and rarely have a smoke. The BV first started when I was 17 and was intermittent until a year ago and since then it's been constant. I had an IUD put in around that time, but I love it and refuse to take it out. Plenty of women are rot free with IUDs so I refuse to lay the blame solely on that.

Again, any one else got the itchy cracked labia thing going on? Its almost as annoying as the other symptoms and I don't know what to do about it.

And those of us doing the B-vitamin/folic acid thing, anyone else got creepily neon green/yellow urine? It started like the day after I first took the vitamins. Not worried about it but curious

+Quote Post
deprime
post Nov 28 2006, 04:39 PM
Post #4551

BUSTie

I did try the boric acid (the Yeast Arrest suppositories). Keep in mind -- you name it, I've probably tried it. They made my smell different -- but still in a very disgusting way! Plus, inserting the boric acid suppositories gave me a huge rash on my behind. (I later researched this and discovered that I probably had boric acid poisoning -- not very serious, but unsightly.)

I've had BV for 4 consecutive years -- ever since I was 17.

+Quote Post
pianogirl
post Nov 28 2006, 04:32 PM
Post #4552

Hardcore BUSTie

Deprime, that is very sad. I do not have a poo smell I would imagine it is just as bad as the fishy sea smell. Have you tried the boric acid? Maybe you should try it to kill off the smell while you take the folic acid.

How long have you had BV?

I think doctors might say you do not have bv cells because they dont know what else to treat you with...try the vitamins and some boric acid.

Best of luck,

PG

QUOTE(pianogirl @ Nov 28 2006, 05:46 PM) *

Deprime, that is very sad. I do not have a poo smell I would imagine it is just as bad as the fishy sea smell. Have you tried the boric acid? Maybe you should try it to kill off the smell while you take the folic acid.

How long have you had BV?

I think doctors might say you do not have bv cells because they dont know what else to treat you with...try the vitamins and some boric acid.

Best of luck,

PG

Sorry I saw you posted for four years, do you remember when or how it started were you on BC pills?

+Quote Post
deprime
post Nov 28 2006, 03:37 PM
Post #4553

BUSTie

Thanks for the heads up about the Folic Acid. I'll go and grab some today. I've done HP douches before with no success, but I'll try it again.

Thanksgiving was depressing -- whenever one of my relatives came up to me, they would hold their noses. I wanted to say, "I'm sorry, but I can't do anything about it!"

It's beyond BV for me now -- it started out with the white creamy discharge four years ago, but now (perhaps due to my treatment), it has evolved into something worse. Whenever I go to the gyno now, they rarely detect the BV clue cells, but I stink nonetheless.

Does anyone else smell like poo down there? I know its gross, but I sometimes smell like that (or other nasty things.)

+Quote Post
neverending
post Nov 28 2006, 01:43 PM
Post #4554

Hardcore BUSTie

Eralc Alegna:Thanks for the reply! It's getting a little better now that i'm taking a daily vitamin.Geez, who knew that detox's would take so much out of you!

+Quote Post
pianogirl
post Nov 28 2006, 09:45 AM
Post #4555

Hardcore BUSTie

Hello everyone,

I have no smell but I am still using the boric in combination with the vaginal probiotics along with flax seed oil. I am hoping what the holistic doctor prescribed will work.

do not smoke

BV came when I was on BC pills, about a year and a half ago.

It seems you girls are having luck with the folic acid. I will continue to use what the holistic doctor has instructed, but I will not go back to her. It was too expensive and she charged alot for the medicine.

I will continue to update all of you on my progress.

Thanks

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Nov 27 2006, 10:54 PM
Post #4556

Hardcore BUSTie

Ok guys, I'm using B-6 and Folic Acid, and the smell is gone. All I smell now is the vitamins.

Doesn't mean it's going to last, but who knows.

Also, a quick survey here. Smoker or Not? And if so, for how long, and when did you get B.V. compared to when you started smoking. Here's Mine:

38 yrs old (This Saturday!!)
Smoker
7 yrs
B.V. 3 yrs after smoking

+Quote Post
Eralc Alegna
post Nov 27 2006, 11:56 AM
Post #4557

BUSTie

What kind of detox are you doing? if it's some kind of fast you might not be getting all the vitamins and minerals you need. Most fasts involve some kind of supplimentaton, right? You could try a raw food diet as a detox for a while. I picked up The Raw Food Detox Diet like 6 months ago or more and gave it a shot, but it's a little difficult to maintain in a fast paced, pre-packaged society such as ours. restaurants are pretty much outta the question. She has a section on how to eat raw in restaurants but I work in them and know better. Just a thought...
I am pretty much convinced now that this is a diet/lifestyle/hormone thing for me and maybe all of us. I think I have to improve my diet if not go all raw to at least see what happens. If it wasn't that I'm lacking fundimental nutrition needs or something then why didn't the HP in conjunction with probiotics work? theres no logical reason why it shouldn't. I makes the most sense of any treatment I've heard of.

I started b vitamin suppliments yesterday but they use magnesium sterate and aren't sublingual so I can't help but worry I'm waisting time and money. Lets hope something helps soon. I'm on tube 2 of metrogel and still nothing but I'm holding out hope that I can finish it and maintain with HP and maybe more probiotics along with the multitude of vitamins/suppliments I take every day and have a sex life again. God I want a sex life!

+Quote Post
neverending
post Nov 26 2006, 10:53 PM
Post #4558

Hardcore BUSTie

Fatigue,fatigue,fatigue! That's all I've been feeling.I just started a detox so maybe that's it? Does anybody know if fatigue is consistent with the die-off of toxins/parasites?Oh, and everything is going well over this way(as far as bv is concerned).

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Nov 25 2006, 04:14 PM
Post #4559

Hardcore BUSTie

My folic acid pills are really tiny. I bought them at the health food store. So they are not hard to take at all.

I've been trying the HP for about a week now, and it's almost imposible. I tried it with a tampon which was weird, since I haven't had a period FOR YEARS!! And it's difficult to soak it in, unless you take it out of the applicator, which makes it explode so big that it's difficult to get in. And it almost burns. Not burns, but it's bothersome. Like you can feel fizzing, which makes it want to itch. Oh well, I'm not giving up. I'm going to fight this crap til the end.

+Quote Post
pympmama1
post Nov 24 2006, 11:20 PM
Post #4560

BUSTie

QUOTE(Making Progress @ Nov 23 2006, 02:05 AM) *

I ate one tablespoon of yogurt last week and guess what? My BV came back for two or three days. Took some extra folic acid though, and guess what? The BV went away. I have not tried Boric Acid or HP because I am able to keep this under control as long as I don't eat yogurt, sour cream, or other probiotics. So what is consistant in my success? If I eat probiotics (yogurt, coconut, sour cream, acidophilus etc.) BV comes back. If I forget to take my folic acid, bv comes back. If I skip the probiotics, I smell like roses. (At least that is what my partner says while making me scream...) Go ahead and tell everyone I don't know what I'm talking about Chacha!!! To the rest of you, take 800 mcg of folic acid a day, stop the acidophilus if it is making you worse, and get back to the great sex life that you should be having...

Okay, I know I'm going to get an earful now. Keep in mind that I have had BV really bad, and I've had it under control for over a year. tongue.gif

What you say makes since... When I think about while I was being treated for anemia folic acid was prescribed and I didn't have a recurrence until I got tired of the horse pill.... You know I think I am going to try this... I should be taking it for my anemia anyway

Chacha's have been reading the cdc website which believes that many std's causes bv....I read the same websites 2 yrs ago and freaked out and have been getting tested for every know std out there.... I am not sexually active and have not been for over 3yrs but I get tested every year despite not being active.

Chacha drop the excuses (why u offended us) and pick up a purpose....That is why we are all here.... if you have nothing helpful or productive to say then say nothing...

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 226 227 228 229 230 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 31, 2014 - 02:05 AM