Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 174 175 176 177 178 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
lori
post May 22 2007, 06:29 AM
Post #3501

Hardcore BUSTie

Okay, a new post. The board has definitely gone a little bit nuts today. But I don't think it's true that there is no hope and that there are no solutions - as a couple of people have said!

1. I think we have figured out what causes the infernal cycle of BV recurrences - that the antibiotics we take to get rid of it (all that flagyl we chomp down like candy) is killing the bad bacteria for the time being, but also killing some of the good bacteria - that why they sometimes give us yeast infections - and doing nothing to make the good bacteria go back up to healthy levels.

This creates the VICIOUS CYCLE. Flagyl ==> BV ==> Flagyl ==> BV.

So logic follows that we have to help get the good bacteria up in other ways.

Oral probiotic supplements are safe when used properly, and can only help. Make sure you take the right kind - it does make a difference. Read my blog for more detailed info, but this is a safe, good solution. It's the closest thing we've got to a long term solution.

I know we all want a magic pill to make BV disappear instantly, but probiotics do take some time to build up in your body, and as I said, it's very important to take the right kind, not just any acidophilus supplement. So my suggestion is to take them regularly, and give your body the chance to recover and heal.

So I think we need to focus on a healthy vagina, not just something to kill the smell.

2. The possibility was brought up (Thanks Morphia!) that it's possible that it's not BV some of us are dealing with - but it's a whole another type of infection. This means that we are taking the wrong pills.

So what infection is it? We don't really know. It could be strep (as arj75 mentioned), or even something else. I did some preliminary research on mycoplasma genitalium (which I posted in here before) and there are some discouraging things I learned - this bacteria is very hard to detect and culture, and no one knows for sure which antibiotic works best against it.

So it's still a mystery - but the fact that we *might* be dealing with something else certainly makes sense, and being aware of that possibility is a step in the right direction.

3. Not to sound all finger-waggy, but overall health is important, too. Some of you mentioned that you smoke and take drugs. Hey, I enjoy both, but I think it's also a no-brainer that neither of them are good for you. I don't need to cite scientific studies about why smoking is bad for you - you already know that. And I'm not going to tell people to stop smoking, because you already know that, too. Basically, there are always steps we can take to live more healthy, but me telling you that isn't going to happen. So you know what you need to do. Drink green tea, jog 5 miles a day, and eat more veggies. Whatever. We all know what we need to do make ourselves more healthy, so do it.

--

So I wouldn't say this is a hopeless situation. It sometimes feels like that, but I think we all help each other deal with it. Reading this board does help me - even though it descends into madness once in a while - and we have all come up with a few good ideas.

So let's not all lose hope and start saying there are no solutions and that nothing will ever work.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
arj75
post May 22 2007, 06:24 AM
Post #3502

Hardcore BUSTie

Lori,

Your damn right, I'm ideas are bit out there..I'm not denying that. But don't you think it's a bit out there that scientist developed a vaccine for polio from a monkey's liver or kidneys..can't remember. That to me is "out there" lol Science is "out there".

You have said that you really didn't know much about yeast...I don't either, thats why I'm read about it for about 8 hours yesterday.

I would love to hear your feedback.

If you have time read this article..I'm sorry like I said, I have no computer skills. I'll try and figure out how to attach the link, if you are interested in reading it. I really found it interesting. I don't think it was a site selling stuff either..(could be wrong) I'll check later.

I am all over the place discussing everything I can possibly think of. I have to go back to school tommorow, and I will be very busy...

Anyways..here is that article...The V book chapter 10 yeast infections (separating the truths from the popular beliefs.

No doctor has done a yeast culture on me, (200 different strains) (that we know about)...they become just as resistant as bacteria. It bothers me that I have been on steriods and antibotics most of my life. (which breed yeast) Also, I thought it was very strange that ilovehim has had yeast infections since she was a baby. Yeast can be passed from the mother to the child. From what I have read about her past..she seems to have the worst case of this bv here.

+Quote Post
lori
post May 22 2007, 06:01 AM
Post #3503

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ May 21 2007, 08:33 PM) *
K, check this out. Finally found something online that speaks of putting the Flagyl in vaginally. They call it Flagyl Vaginal Tablets

HERE'S THE WEBISTE

http://www.healthtouch.com/bin/EContent_HT...inal&cid=HT
For vaginal tablets dosage form:
For bacterial vaginosis or trichomoniasis:
Adults and teenagers—One 500-mg tablet, inserted high into the vagina. Use the medicine once a day in the evening for ten or twenty days.

*****I personally only use for 2 days. That's all I need.

Okay, once again - this site specifies that the "vaginal tablets" they are talking about is a vaginal suppository only available in Canada. Please do not take use this information to mean that you should take the regular horse pill that you swallow and stick it up your vagina.

QUOTE(anitsirhc @ May 21 2007, 04:55 PM) *
i had my gyno appointment today. it wasn't as bad as i thought it would be. she didn't have use a bunch of different swabs. i did find out that i have UTI though. what the hell?! so now i have bv and a UTI, greatttttt. she wanted to give me flagyl but i told her no. i'm on antibiotics for the UTI. i'm just a little worried though because i had no idea i had it, i have no symptoms. how am i going to tell if it went away? well now i am going to be drinking lots and lots and loottttss of water and peeing a lot haha. anyway so i started yeast arrest today i will be doing that and i'm going to buy the fem-dophilus. i'll keep everyone updated. i wonder what i'll have next time i go to the doctor :\
i'm 21 too! smile.gif

Hey anitsirhc. I'm glad your appointment wasn't too bad. So does this mean you won't be treated for the BV, just the UTI?

If flagyl makes you violently ill, you should take clindamycin. Did your PP-doctor/RN mention that? How did they suggest you deal with the BV? If reading 96 pages of this thread has taught me anything, it's that there is no OTC cure for BV. If BV has been confirmed by an exam, you should take antibiotics.

Did they have anything to say about the lower abdominal pain you've been feeling? Is that a symptom of the UTI? (Let's hope so.)

Either way, I highly recommend that you take the fem-dophilus especially while you're taking the Septra.

--------------------

+Quote Post
lori
post May 22 2007, 05:39 AM
Post #3504

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ May 21 2007, 09:13 PM) *
I didn't join this board for this shit throwing bullshit. I joined it for people like Sassy, pianogirl, neverending, sciongal and LORI.

Thanks Jewels. I appreciate you, too.

But I'd like to address a few things that were said today:

QUOTE(arj75 @ May 21 2007, 07:48 PM) *
I don't think it's a good idea to keep sticking crap up your twat...yeast can grow at an acidic level of 2.5 through basic 7.5. Your gonna be shit out of luck when the bacteria and yeast become resistant to your short term solution. But that's just my opinion.

I agree with the underlined statement. I've stated my reservations about vaginal-flagyl before, but no one should be using any prescriptions drugs in ways that it's not designed for. It's dangerous! You would think the fact that you get a raging yeast infection from doing it just twice in a row would tell you that something is not right.

It's fine that you've chosen to do it - it's your body. But Jewels, don't be saying stuff like this:
QUOTE(jewelscando @ May 21 2007, 07:41 PM) *
If you have true, re-occuring B.V., I hate to be the barrier of bad news, but the Flagyl, orally, won't work. It will VERY temporarily, but you will get a yeast infection, and your B.V. will return.

Why are you telling people that oral-flagyl will not work? Are you a doctor? You've admitted yourself that sticking flagyl in your vagina is only a temporary solution too, and can cause yeast infections, and that there are risks!!!

QUOTE(jewelscando @ May 21 2007, 07:41 PM) *
So...The solutions are here girls, Flagyl Vaginally, Estroil, and maybe 1 or two others. All these other remedies you all are trying, are not going to work, IN THE LONG RUN. AND THAT'S JUST MY OPPINION!!!!

Yeah, it's just your opinion. But you still shouldn't make these sweeping statements about what will or won't work for others. Besides, the site that you cited as recommending vaginal-flagyl - keep in mind that when they say "vaginal tablet" they are talking about a suppository that is designed for vaginal use, and only available in Canada. They are not talking about tablets for oral use!

So please stop giving wrong information, and pushing methods that are potentionally dangerous. I think it's good to share your experience - but when you say stuff like this, you are pushing them on others and making false claims. Stop it.

Arj75, I appreciate that you spoke out about Jewels and her pushing vaginal-flagyl - I already stated my reservations about it, but I have a real problem with her telling others that it's one of the only solutions for BV.

However, I think your discussions about BV is frankly ... a little bit out there. It's good to be sanitary and consider other theories, but you're all over the place.

QUOTE(Morphia @ May 21 2007, 09:11 PM) *
STAY AWAY FROM CLINDESSE AND OTHER CLINDAMYCIN CREAMS. I firmly believe they are too strong and may cause damage to some of the nerves.

Once again, everyone needs to stop making these hysterial, unsubstantiated statements! I've already said my piece on the CLINDAMYCIN hysteria, but I guess I need to repeat it.
  • ALL pharmaceutical drugs have a long list of contraindications of the small possibility of horrible shit that can happen - liver damage, kidney failure, jaundice, paralysis ... Did you know Flagyl gives cancer to lab mice! It's true, that's what the literature says. But I was afraid to mention it because I thought Morphia would have another conniption fit.
  • Not to mention, ALL antibiotics (and every drug, really) creates resistance with mis-use. This doesn't mean you should never use them, it just means that you shouldn't use it unless you know you have a bacterial infection. And you should use them properly - that's why every doctor tells you you need to take ALL your antibiotics! Taking only one or two here and there to relieve symptoms creates resistant strains of bacteria!!! ***This is another reason why you should not be sticking this into your vagina for one or two nights every few months as Jewelscando suggests!
The lesson is? This is why you need a doctor prescribing this stuff for you! So they can confirm the bacterial infection, and so they can evaluate your body/history to see if you're at risk for any of the side effects before prescribing it to you. I know some have advocated ordering stuff online without prescriptions, but I am strongly against that.

*whew*

So, to sum up:

- No, the solutions do NOT include - sticking an unprescribed flagyl tablet up your twat. No! Just ... NO. And Jewels, please don't tell people that an oral medication taken orally is not going to work for them! The fact that it doesn't work for you doesn't mean it doesn't work for others.

I know many of us have been screwed over by doctors so we don't trust them. I know we are all desperate and willing to try anything. But I don't think we all should resort to sticking anything and everything into our coochies and seeing what happens. The cure can be worse than the disease! If some of you want to, go right ahead, but do not tell others that they should do it, too -Because it's one of the only solutions? -Because nothing else will work? Stop that, seriously!

- Arj75, you're all over the place. IMHO, this deathly fear of yeast is a bit of a scam cooked up by holistic natural-cure crackpots wanting to sell you voodoo pills made of grass and rabbit-poo. Okay, I'm exaggerating - I'm actually very into homeopathic solutions. But I think you're grasping at every piece of research you encounter and making it into something it's not. Healthy skepticism is a good thing.

And telling Morphia that clindamycin is "made by the devil" (that was you, right?) Yeah, you've exaggerated a little too much. Look at the monster you've created.

- Morphia, you shouldn't use clindamycin if you have concerns about it. But stop telling people it's going to give them nerve damage, just because you "firmly believe" it.

Okay, I'm done with the rant. Stop the madness, please.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sassy
post May 22 2007, 05:08 AM
Post #3505

Hardcore BUSTie

jennifer: You are trying the botanical advantage pills now? I tried those but they didn't help at all. I know several other girls tried those a while back, including Jewels (I think), and maybe only one girl saw any help but it wasn't much.

Oh, and I'm young too--only 22!

+Quote Post
arj75
post May 22 2007, 04:47 AM
Post #3506

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ May 22 2007, 01:23 AM) *
ARJ75, you must have me confused with someone else, because you've said several things tonight, that do not apply to me. #1, I don't have yeast. #2, I don't complain, I've had nothing to complain about!!!!! I backed Lori awhile back because we felt Morphia wasn't wanting to listen, but that's over now. AND LASTLY, #3. DIDN'T FLAGYL ORALLY MAKE ME SICK AS A DOG?? What??? Quote me on that, please!!!! BECAUSE, those words NEVER came off my fingertips. NO, FLAGYL orally never made me sick. IT NEVER WORKED!!!!!!!! It's only worked vaginally. And, trust me, I'm more worried about building a resistance ORALLY, then I am vaginally. PERIOD THE END. I'm done with this conversation. So, go ahead, you can have the last word.

I'm not here to get the last word in. I'm here to learn about this condition, and different treatment options that we all have tried. And the damn cause MOST IMPORTANTLY. As for the cat fights that keep happening...I already had myself prepared for them. Why? We are all pissed that this have screwed up our lifes, and many (like myself) are still trying to learn of how to cope. It's impossible to get this many ticked off women at one place without conflict.

Geeze, I'm sorry that I am trying to be helpful, and don't have a photogenic memory and recall of your problems with the past meds you have tried..and had no success.

I am here because I care, and care deeply.

+Quote Post
Morphia
post May 22 2007, 12:46 AM
Post #3507

Hardcore BUSTie

Well, on a more positive note...I can't believe it but after taking one Flagyl my burning...has stopped. Before, the only way I could get relief was by laying in bed on my back with no undies on and my knees up to my chest! Needless to say, I was trying to get as much air in there as possible. haha. It helped the burning a lot though. Maybe we should all start douching with air! LOL! The good guys need their oxygen, right? wink.gif I know, I know. That's dangerous. I was only kidding. Also, my strange odor of strong vagina, old blood and iodine has decreased significantly. Its definitely a quick fix. But a long term one? For me? We'll soon find out.

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post May 22 2007, 12:06 AM
Post #3508

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(arj75 @ May 22 2007, 04:37 AM) *
I am grateful for every member here. Did I call jewels any names because I'm not recalling that I did, it's not my style. Jewels, whatever your feelings are towards me keep them, I really don't care. I'm not leaving this site, unless when I go to the doctor this next time and find out its yeast that keeps killing all my good bacterias. Maybe I will be lucky enough for that to happen..seeing that I have been on steriods my whole life and it has been proven that it causes yeast infections, not to mention, that I have been on many antibotics my whole life and I'm resistant to pretty much every antibotic invented so far. As we all know, they cause yeast infections too. Read that article that I mentioned to ilovehim, I think that you will find it interesting. I have bv too. I smell like fucking long john silvers. What alarms me is that we are gonna get some scary ass disease that could kill us in a nanu second if we already have a resistance to antibotics. I had to go through 3 fucking rounds of antibotics for a pinkeye infection I got. I'm noting my concerns, and I feel like you are the one getting nasty. Didn't taking the flagyl orally make you sick as a dog? Don't the two metrogel and flagyl have the same chemical properties?

ARJ75, you must have me confused with someone else, because you've said several things tonight, that do not apply to me. #1, I don't have yeast. #2, I don't complain, I've had nothing to complain about!!!!! I backed Lori awhile back because we felt Morphia wasn't wanting to listen, but that's over now. AND LASTLY, #3. DIDN'T FLAGYL ORALLY MAKE ME SICK AS A DOG?? What??? Quote me on that, please!!!! BECAUSE, those words NEVER came off my fingertips. NO, FLAGYL orally never made me sick. IT NEVER WORKED!!!!!!!! It's only worked vaginally. And, trust me, I'm more worried about building a resistance ORALLY, then I am vaginally. PERIOD THE END. I'm done with this conversation. So, go ahead, you can have the last word.

+Quote Post
Morphia
post May 21 2007, 10:50 PM
Post #3509

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jenniferg @ May 21 2007, 11:48 PM) *
Well I am going to try them after I give this herbal stuff some time to see if it works. I will let you know the results.

Thanks, Jennifer. I'll keep you updated on myself as well!

Has anyone here ever tried a Zpack for BV? I've read about 3 different girls so far that say this cured them.

+Quote Post
jenniferg
post May 21 2007, 10:31 PM
Post #3510

BUSTie

QUOTE(Morphia @ May 21 2007, 08:29 PM) *
I have yet to stick anything unprescribed up my vagina yet. Then again, I haven't been fighting this very long. I've had it for a long time, but didn't know to fight it in the beginning. I think that if I find out that antibiotics really aren't going to work for me, then I might go that route....

Well I am going to try them after I give this herbal stuff some time to see if it works. I will let you know the results.

+Quote Post
arj75
post May 21 2007, 10:20 PM
Post #3511

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(sciongal @ May 21 2007, 11:00 PM) *
Please accept my apologies for what I am about to say, but I for one am really grateful for Jewels and her posting on this site. She has agreed to be somewhat of a guinea pig with the vaginal flagyl, and just offers her opinions and experiences for the rest of us to have something to go on. All of this infighting and name calling reminds me of some high school BS... Jewels, please don't give up on this site and those of us who want to hear what you have to say. Peace (and I mean that sincerely).

I am grateful for every member here. Did I call jewels any names because I'm not recalling that I did, it's not my style. Jewels, whatever your feelings are towards me keep them, I really don't care. I'm not leaving this site, unless when I go to the doctor this next time and find out its yeast that keeps killing all my good bacterias. Maybe I will be lucky enough for that to happen..seeing that I have been on steriods my whole life and it has been proven that it causes yeast infections, not to mention, that I have been on many antibotics my whole life and I'm resistant to pretty much every antibotic invented so far. As we all know, they cause yeast infections too. Read that article that I mentioned to ilovehim, I think that you will find it interesting. I have bv too. I smell like fucking long john silvers. What alarms me is that we are gonna get some scary ass disease that could kill us in a nanu second if we already have a resistance to antibotics. I had to go through 3 fucking rounds of antibotics for a pinkeye infection I got. I'm noting my concerns, and I feel like you are the one getting nasty. Didn't taking the flagyl orally make you sick as a dog? Don't the two metrogel and flagyl have the same chemical properties?

+Quote Post
Morphia
post May 21 2007, 10:12 PM
Post #3512

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jenniferg @ May 21 2007, 11:24 PM) *
I have that elmer glue-like discharge too sometimes and it does cling to the vaginal walls like you say. The only other reason I thought that I could be getting the bv was that it didn't start until I started dating my current boyfriend in 2005. I was on birth control with my last boyfriend and never used condoms except when I would get off the bc for a while. It seemed like I would always get a yeast infection when we used the condoms. With my current bf, we have always used condoms and I have had bv non-stop. I switched to non-latex condoms thinking maybe I am allergic to latex...but so far I am still getting the bv. Have you ever tried the tea tree oil suppositories? I have read alot about them and want to try it.

I have yet to stick anything unprescribed up my vagina yet. Then again, I haven't been fighting this very long. I've had it for a long time, but didn't know to fight it in the beginning. I think that if I find out that antibiotics really aren't going to work for me, then I might go that route....

+Quote Post
jenniferg
post May 21 2007, 10:12 PM
Post #3513

BUSTie

QUOTE(Morphia @ May 21 2007, 08:19 PM) *
Luckily I have no side effects from the flagyl except for one. Depression. Its not documented but I found a board with hundreds of patient reviews on Flagyl and a lot of people were claiming that they got very depressed on it. I even found a couple of articles that said depression could be a side effect. I had been wondering why I was getting so damn depressed when I was nearing the end of my 7 day course. I can only imagine what this 14 day might do to me. huh.gif

That sounds just like me...I was wondering why whenever I take it I start getting really depressed. It must be the Flagyl.

+Quote Post
jenniferg
post May 21 2007, 10:07 PM
Post #3514

BUSTie

QUOTE(Morphia @ May 21 2007, 08:11 PM) *
When I was first diagnosed with bv the only other symptom I had was a thick, white, pasty discharge that looked like Elmer's glue. I couldn't see it unless I looked as far up in my vagina as I could see. I actually had to work it out by flexing! It clung to the walls like glue! lol. I was put on Clindesse as a first round of treatment and I haven't had that discharge since. But it didn't eradicate the infection and my burning has been worse ever since. STAY AWAY FROM CLINDESSE AND OTHER CLINDAMYCIN CREAMS. I firmly believe they are too strong and may cause damage to some of the nerves. The first night I had the Clindesse in, I could feel little stabs of pain like needles with electricity going through them. Before I was diagnosed with BV and before I used the Clindesse I would get very raw and irritated on my vulva during sex. It would hurt like hell to pee and I actually had some tearing of the skin. But 5 days after I used the Clindesse I tried to have sex with my bf and I was burning so bad on the inside it felt like he had cotton wrapped around his penis. Everyone here thought it was yeast, but I tested negative for yeast and positive for bv. I don't get it. The Clindesse helped with the discharge but made my pain worse.

As of today my symptoms are burning, a very mild discharge, and a faint odor that's not fishy. My bf just describes it as "not right." Although since I had my colpo on the 18th I have a very strong odor of vagina and iodine. That's the only way I can really describe it. lol. I can smell it just sitting here. sad.gif

I have that elmer glue-like discharge too sometimes and it does cling to the vaginal walls like you say. The only other reason I thought that I could be getting the bv was that it didn't start until I started dating my current boyfriend in 2005. I was on birth control with my last boyfriend and never used condoms except when I would get off the bc for a while. It seemed like I would always get a yeast infection when we used the condoms. With my current bf, we have always used condoms and I have had bv non-stop. I switched to non-latex condoms thinking maybe I am allergic to latex...but so far I am still getting the bv. Have you ever tried the tea tree oil suppositories? I have read alot about them and want to try it.

+Quote Post
Morphia
post May 21 2007, 10:02 PM
Post #3515

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jenniferg @ May 21 2007, 11:12 PM) *
Does anyone hate Flagyl as much as I do??? I have had it soooo many times and I really don't think I can take it again. It tastes so disgusting and makes me really sick to my stomach (and I don't drink any alcohol). Just curious if it makes anyone else sick.

Has anyone tried RePhresh? I have used it a couple of times and even though it didn't take the bv away, it helped reduce the amount of burning so I was able to have sex without wanting to cry.

Luckily I have no side effects from the flagyl except for one. Depression. Its not documented but I found a board with hundreds of patient reviews on Flagyl and a lot of people were claiming that they got very depressed on it. I even found a couple of articles that said depression could be a side effect. I had been wondering why I was getting so damn depressed when I was nearing the end of my 7 day course. I can only imagine what this 14 day might do to me. huh.gif

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post May 21 2007, 09:56 PM
Post #3516

Hardcore BUSTie

Your right, I DO HAVE ISSUES. IT'S CALLED BACTERIAL FUCKING VAGINOSIS. That's the only issue I have. And no, I'm NOT batteling yeast with B.V. It's always 1 or the other. Do I know that for 100% certain, no, I can only say what I do know. I never said I was 100% right. I'm just here to offer my advice. You are in no way shape or form, obligated to take it.

And what the hell crawled up your ass tonight, and decided to shit on me. I'm pretty neutral in this board, except for when there's idiots that come on, trying to sell us shit, that we know doesn't work.

Don't worry sciongal, I'm not going anywhere. I didn't deserve to be shit on tonight by ARJ75, and she won't be here long anyways. Those of us, who have been on for a long time, will stick through it til the end.

I didn't join this board for this shit throwing bullshit. I joined it for people like Sassy, pianogirl, neverending, sciongal and LORI. The long timers, who suffer just as we all do. And who understand that it takes trial and error to find what works for US. Since, our Doctors will not do so.

+Quote Post
jenniferg
post May 21 2007, 09:55 PM
Post #3517

BUSTie

Does anyone hate Flagyl as much as I do??? I have had it soooo many times and I really don't think I can take it again. It tastes so disgusting and makes me really sick to my stomach (and I don't drink any alcohol). Just curious if it makes anyone else sick.

Has anyone tried RePhresh? I have used it a couple of times and even though it didn't take the bv away, it helped reduce the amount of burning so I was able to have sex without wanting to cry.

+Quote Post
Morphia
post May 21 2007, 09:54 PM
Post #3518

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jenniferg @ May 21 2007, 10:54 PM) *
Hi Morphia, doesn't it just suck being a woman sometimes?? Men have no idea what women have to deal with. I was told I had hpv last year and had to have a leep procedure in May 06. I had repeat paps and everything was coming back good. My last pap however, showed signs of hpv (low-grade) and now I am having my second colposcopy this month to see if I need another leep done sad.gif I have been having bv every month and the only way I know that it is occurring is if I try to have sex because it burns horribly. I don't really get discharge or smell. If it's a bad month then I will have a little discharge. I have been tested repeatedly for every STD know to man and I have nothing (besides the hpv). I really wish doctors would try a little harder to find a cure...there has to be something out there besides tons and tons of flagyl.

By the way, I thought I read that you had the same symptoms as me...the burning. Do you ever get any other symptoms besides the burning?

When I was first diagnosed with bv the only other symptom I had was a thick, white, pasty discharge that looked like Elmer's glue. I couldn't see it unless I looked as far up in my vagina as I could see. I actually had to work it out by flexing! It clung to the walls like glue! lol. I was put on Clindesse as a first round of treatment and I haven't had that discharge since. But it didn't eradicate the infection and my burning has been worse ever since. STAY AWAY FROM CLINDESSE AND OTHER CLINDAMYCIN CREAMS. I firmly believe they are too strong and may cause damage to some of the nerves. The first night I had the Clindesse in, I could feel little stabs of pain like needles with electricity going through them. Before I was diagnosed with BV and before I used the Clindesse I would get very raw and irritated on my vulva during sex. It would hurt like hell to pee and I actually had some tearing of the skin. But 5 days after I used the Clindesse I tried to have sex with my bf and I was burning so bad on the inside it felt like he had cotton wrapped around his penis. Everyone here thought it was yeast, but I tested negative for yeast and positive for bv. I don't get it. The Clindesse helped with the discharge but made my pain worse.

As of today my symptoms are burning, a very mild discharge, and a faint odor that's not fishy. My bf just describes it as "not right." Although since I had my colpo on the 18th I have a very strong odor of vagina and iodine. That's the only way I can really describe it. lol. I can smell it just sitting here. sad.gif

+Quote Post
sciongal
post May 21 2007, 09:43 PM
Post #3519

BUSTie

QUOTE(arj75 @ May 21 2007, 08:44 PM) *
Jewels, you have some issues...man really.. you do. Arent many of us battling the two at the same time or back and forth? So, maybe you should start your own page. Your the only one that I hear complaining. Give me a damn break.. There are 200 different yeast strains...do you know that you don't have a one of them? Honestly, I hope you don't. Really. But like I have read tonight, just because you don't burn or itch or have cottage cheese..doesn't mean your body isnt invaded by them. They kill good bacteria too. They crowd em out.

Please accept my apologies for what I am about to say, but I for one am really grateful for Jewels and her posting on this site. She has agreed to be somewhat of a guinea pig with the vaginal flagyl, and just offers her opinions and experiences for the rest of us to have something to go on. All of this infighting and name calling reminds me of some high school BS... Jewels, please don't give up on this site and those of us who want to hear what you have to say. Peace (and I mean that sincerely).

+Quote Post
jenniferg
post May 21 2007, 09:37 PM
Post #3520

BUSTie

QUOTE(Morphia @ May 21 2007, 02:49 PM) *
Hey, Jennifer. Welcome (although unfortunate ) to the board! You and I are probably the youngest ones here! I'm 21 and started on my bv trek about 2 or 3 months ago although I know I've had it for much longer. I believe I "contracted" it at the same time I got warts from my ex bf. We had sex once and that was enough to give me a raging outbreak from hell! The warts are gone but it seems the bv will stay with me as a lingering reminder of that awful mistake. I also have high risk hpv. I had to have a precancerous condition removed from my vulva via laser over a year ago and now I'm showing changes on my cervix. I do believe there is no doubt that HPV and BV are related.

I have found a little bit of hope today. A woman at the yahoo bv support group told me that she was able to clear her infection with a 14 day course of Flagyl and the infection hasn't come back yet. Although I don't know how long she has been free from infection at least I know that there is a chance I can get rid of this burden even for a short time. My symptoms have been relentless for the past 3 months. I want this stuff gone!

Hi Morphia, doesn't it just suck being a woman sometimes?? Men have no idea what women have to deal with. I was told I had hpv last year and had to have a leep procedure in May 06. I had repeat paps and everything was coming back good. My last pap however, showed signs of hpv (low-grade) and now I am having my second colposcopy this month to see if I need another leep done sad.gif I have been having bv every month and the only way I know that it is occurring is if I try to have sex because it burns horribly. I don't really get discharge or smell. If it's a bad month then I will have a little discharge. I have been tested repeatedly for every STD know to man and I have nothing (besides the hpv). I really wish doctors would try a little harder to find a cure...there has to be something out there besides tons and tons of flagyl.

By the way, I thought I read that you had the same symptoms as me...the burning. Do you ever get any other symptoms besides the burning?

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 174 175 176 177 178 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
6 User(s) are reading this topic (6 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 21, 2014 - 08:46 AM