Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 258 259 260 261 262 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
jewelscando
post Jun 13 2006, 07:07 PM
Post #5181

Hardcore BUSTie

Ok, checked online and found out my damn prescription hasn't even been sent out yet. I ordered it from Horizon Pharmacies online on May 17th. WTF?? So, I think I may as well bite the big bullet and go to the damn gyno and pay the fricken price. I'm glad I didn't order the Jamu Stick. Although my kitty could use some tighting, what you all are going through scares the shit out of me!! I think my next purchase will be the Primal Defense since you all seem to swear by it. Do you have to buy it online?? Oh well, I can smell the smell again, although it wasn't there this weekend for sex so THANK GOD FOR THAT. Trying to find a way to get out of seeing my boyfriend this weekend, so I don't have to put up with the smell. How fricking embarrassing you know?? Although he's very supportive, you know what must be going through his mind!!! "Hey babe, would you like a can of RAW TUNA???", "Oh, never mind dear, I get enough from your kitty!!"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ja2035
post Jun 13 2006, 02:35 PM
Post #5182

Been lurking for awhile in this newgroup. My problems began in Aug '05 when I was put on strong antibiotics for a severe ear infection. Shortly, after I was diagnosed with BV and treated with antibiotics 3x over a period of 6 weeks. Then my doctor said everything was normal and maid me feel crazy. I have tried numerous things. Jamu stick did not work....then I accidently dropped it and it shattered into a million pieces. Hydrogen Peroxide douche worked at first and then stopped working. Vitamin C up there burnt like hell and did not do anything about the smell. Enzara did not work at all. TTO did not work and the smell of it made me sick. Currently, I am using Primal Defense Ultra 3x per day, Kyolic (garlic 4 tabs per day) and it seems to be working. I have done away with all sugar and flour products; basically doing the Adkins diet. I have the Yeast Arrest suppositories but have yet to try them. I will continue to use the Primal Defense and Kyolic and let you know if it continues to work for me. A great book I got was The Yeast Syndrome...it talks about ways to renew good bacteria in your gut and a good diet to cleanse your body. It also has doctors listed in the back that treat symptoms that we are all experiencing. I have given up on my family doctor....she makes me feel like I'm crazy and everything is normal....I know normal and this smell and discharge can not be normal. This problem has caused my so much stress that I have had to go on anti depressents to keep from committing suicide. I know how frustrating this can be and hope that we can all come up with a solution.

+Quote Post
quietmadness
post Jun 13 2006, 10:14 AM
Post #5183

Hardcore BUSTie

MRJ: If you still have one ovary, then your "cycles" would still be occuring, although only every other month, right? Wow...that would be odd. Hope you find some relief!

Shorty: Yeah...it's actually some kind of real "tissue,"--by that I mean it's some kind of "skin" type thing! I don't know WHAT to think of that. I'm wondering if it's not just like dead BV or whatever coming out, or if that stick is caustic enough to produce that---it CAN'T be GOOD---??

The smell hasn't improved, either...

Man, between the itchy-scratchies, the discharge, and the odor, I'd just about trade my pooty in for a package! Stupid shit...

+Quote Post
shorty
post Jun 13 2006, 04:19 AM
Post #5184

quietmadness, i too used the jamu and i got that off key discharge, looks like membranes wtf? i had sex last night and i hurt like hell, i mean i did produce lubrication ,but it disappeared, as did the semen, wtf is the voodoo jamu,....my kitty hurts, i mean i used it to tone up my muscles but dayuuuum,this is like being a virgin again, not pleasant

+Quote Post
quietmadness
post Jun 12 2006, 03:30 PM
Post #5185

Hardcore BUSTie

Sassy: Thanks, girl!

Haven't been able to use the Jamu for a couple days--still all TORN UP down there. I'm not sure if it's yeast or an allergic reaction. But---OWW.

Guess I'll give it a couple more days. I've got some type of discharge that looks like pieces of TOILET PAPER!!

SO FREAKIN' OVER THIS SHIT.

+Quote Post
mrj
post Jun 12 2006, 12:30 PM
Post #5186

BUSTie

Hi Ladies, I have not been here in a while but I am back for help again. I have bv and it seems like no matter what I do I cannot get rid of it for good. I am 28 and I have had to have a hysterectomy. I still have one ovary and I thought that was supposed to keep things in balance. I am on hormone pills to keep my ph balanced but evidentally that is not working because the smell is back.
Ok, here are my questions. I have been looking at the vitamin c, the green teas and other vaginal suppositories but I am not sure what to use.
To be blunt my 10 year anniversary is in 2 weeks and I really don't want to smell Please Help me I am desperate. Any help will be appreciated.

Mrj

+Quote Post
sassy
post Jun 12 2006, 04:21 AM
Post #5187

Hardcore BUSTie

I did night one of boric acid last night. It didn't burn or anything for me, so that was a relief. Quietmaddness, there is a thin discharge from the boric acid the next day so you probably should wear a panty liner. I'm planning on doing this for a week and seeing if it helps any. If it works, then I'm going to use it a couple of times a week for maintenance.

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Jun 11 2006, 09:35 PM
Post #5188

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey everyone. I haven't received the prescription yet, so still waiting on that. When I got back from Vegas, I had sex that night and it smelled like a can of Tuna fish. Then, had sex this past Friday night, and this morning, and no smell either times. So, who knows. I know it will be back within a matter of days, so, I'm just waiting on the prescription, then see what happens. I'm taking Vacation time in July and I will go to the doctor then. I'm gonna try the boric acid as soon as I can get to a damn health store. I just never have any time!! Oh, and Vegas was a blast!!

+Quote Post
quietmadness
post Jun 9 2006, 07:28 PM
Post #5189

Hardcore BUSTie

Ok, QUESTION:

When you use the boric acid, does it make a discharge/cause leakage or anything? Necessary to use a panty liner? (Ok, two questions!)

And, I've been faithful to the JAMU stick--it's ok, but maybe I've been using it TOO much, because now I'm fighting a slight yeast...yeah.

I'm taking ENZARA along with the JAMU--and, wierd as it may be--I'm getting a "garlic-y" smell when I pee.

So that's a quick update for Y'all.

Anybody know about the boric acid?

+Quote Post
neverending
post Jun 9 2006, 08:40 AM
Post #5190

Hardcore BUSTie

jewelscando:How is everything going?Any luck with other treatments?

+Quote Post
sassy
post Jun 8 2006, 12:59 PM
Post #5191

Hardcore BUSTie

precious...I'm sure if it had been in a capsule, it wouldn't have burned like that. Boric acid is safe to use vaginally but obviously you have to watch your own body and know when something is wrong. It is really really strong so putting it in without a coating on it is not a good idea.

+Quote Post
precious83
post Jun 8 2006, 12:54 PM
Post #5192

BUSTie

to boric acid users: I had good results after using yeast arrest for several months. I would use it to keep my ph level balanced after my period. Two weeks ago i decided to use pure boric acid. I used the advice of someone else in the bv group on yahoo. I had the choice of using the caps or simply inserting with my fingers. I wanted to test it out first so i decided to use my fingers. Be ware pure boric acid burns the flesh arround your vagina. Some of the boric acid fell between lips and in between of my cooch. That was the worst experience ever. I dont think pure boric is safe for the vagina at all. Anyway i wanted to pass the information. I wouldnt want anyone to go through that. Oh yeah it will heal up but its not worth it. I only used it for two days. bye

+Quote Post
sassy
post Jun 8 2006, 11:59 AM
Post #5193

Hardcore BUSTie

Thanks dolores...that's what I thought. I am going to look into supplements to, but obviously I am a college student and I have little money at the moment. I hope the boric acid does start my road to getting things under control. I want to order the vaginal acidophilus as well when I get money to do so. It's part of the rockwell plan and I really hope it works!

+Quote Post
dolores
post Jun 8 2006, 11:22 AM
Post #5194

BUSTie

hi Sassy: I used size 00 gelatin caps. health food stores should carry them. make sure they are the empty version. my pharmacy got confused when I ordered them and tried to give me the kind that actually contains powdered gelatin (for hair and nail growth) so I had to return them and ask for the right kind. The boric acid powder you should also be able to find thru your pharmacy or health food store. I found it cheapest at WalMart, $3 for a big bottle.

And yes, ingested orally boric acid is considered toxic (and says so all over the bottle), don't know about the rat poison part but keep in mind that this is a temporary treatment which has been studied to be safe for vaginal use with yeast infections. Boric acid has many other uses, i.e. it even comes in a cream form for some skin problems like eczema.

As for making the actual suppository, simply open the gelatin cap carefully so as not to break it, fill it to the brim with boric acid powder (I tried a mini funnel for this at first but switched to a scooping technique b/c the powder is so fine that it kind of sticks to the funnel and ends up making a mess -- so use a big plate or tray underneath to catch the overflow), close the capsule back up and voila! you are ready to pop that up your kitty.

another thing i wanted to mention to you all is that as part of my 'emotional' recovery from the BV I decided (and this may make you chuckle!) that it would be good to symbolically get rid of a lot of my old underwear, especially the synthetic ones, that I thought might be part of the problem. I've switched most of the old out for new, comfy cotton bikini briefs, and have tried to stop wearing thongs as much as possible, though they don't seem to bother me when I do wear them once in a while.

Jewelscando: have a blast in Vegas, hope you get lucky and when you get home I really think you should give the Primal Defense acidophilous a try. I am convinced that it, more than anything else, is what helped me the most. Though it did take some time to see the results. Yes, It's expensive, but it won't make you bleed or anything else scary like that and really caused me NO stomach discomfort at all, and I have a pretty sensitive stomach. And no, I do not work for Primal Defense -- LOL -- I had heard about it for a long time but was always skeptical to buy because I felt it was very expensive for my budget. It was not until I was at the health food store looking at it and debating over whether to buy it when another shopper passed by and told me it was the best thing that ever happened to him for his IBS and candida issues. I took the chance in hopes that it would help my BV and am so glad I did.

p.s. to all: I had sex for the first time in a month last week, and so far no bad smell, though my period did start the very next day. will keep ya'll posted.

+Quote Post
sassy
post Jun 7 2006, 04:18 AM
Post #5195

Hardcore BUSTie

dolores: I'm so glad you found something that worked for you. I've been wanting to try the boric acid for quite a while now and I want to make my own, although the yeast arrest is available in stores where I live. What size gel capsule do you buy to fill with boric acid?? (I think before I read someone said it was size 00). Also, where did you buy them? I found them online but I would rather try to buy them locally. Isn't boric acid sold as rat poison or something crazy like that? Where did you get yours?

+Quote Post
mela
post Jun 6 2006, 09:11 AM
Post #5196

BUSTie

Well, personally I've never had BV issues till I got with my current and started using seasonale bc pills. We have been having oral and unprotected sex for the past few days and everything appears to be normal thus far. I also take bio K plus which is a supplement I picked up from the health food store. Everyone's body is different and doctors don't know much on BV therefore what works for one might not work for the other. This is the longest I have been BV free and we had tried the condoms and the no oral route in the past (and even no sex) and the smell would still come back.

I was also diagnosed with cervical dyplasia so I thought this could have been what was causing the smell in the past but the doctor says no, abnormal cells do not cause odor.

Anyway I wish everyone luck as this is an awful thing to suffer from.

Thanks,
Mela

+Quote Post
shorty
post Jun 6 2006, 06:35 AM
Post #5197

hi neverending i bought them in the health food store called holland and barrett (i live in England) get the highest strength ones mine contain 90mg lactobacillus which typically provide3 billion viable cells it says on jar. Just make sure u get sugar free or else you could encourage a yeast infection. good luck!!

+Quote Post
neverending
post Jun 5 2006, 10:46 AM
Post #5198

Hardcore BUSTie

Shorty: Where did you get them from?(walmart,health food store,walgreens)

+Quote Post
shorty
post Jun 4 2006, 02:44 AM
Post #5199

oh yeah i also have sex like 4/5 times a weekand still no reoccureece or odour

+Quote Post
shorty
post Jun 4 2006, 02:38 AM
Post #5200

hi neverending and precious, i used Holland and barrett chewable lactobacilus acidophilus and lactobacilus bfidus combined, i also took hiigh strenghth acidophillus with 100mg pectin combined. I didnt use any of them as suppositories as i heard its best to treat the gut to manintain a constant amount of healthy bacteria it really worked for me, i found that the vaginal treatments i used were always either tempporary or induced thrush. I would also say to try to inhibit or stop all sugar intake because i notice that when i have sugar cravings im more suceptible to yeast which in turn progresses to bv. but those acidophilus pills really do what they say, The key in my opinion is to treat from the inside not just the vaginal area. and dont wear any panties at night make sure everything gets aired out that also reduces the terrible itching and help dry u up a bit.

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 258 259 260 261 262 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 28, 2014 - 07:23 AM