Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

19 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 19 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The New Lounge -- Problems, Suggestions & Stuff
maryjo
post Jul 11 2006, 12:37 PM
Post #341

Hardcore BUSTie

The feature I am desperately missing is the one that used to give me the first lines of every post that had been posted since I last searched, all on one page. Is it actually possible to do that here?

Otherwise, it's very cool and exciting and all, but the change is a little disconcerting...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LoungeLady
post Jul 11 2006, 12:34 PM
Post #342

Hardcore BUSTie

jasmith, i was able to enter your username in the forgotten pw form, no problem you should be getting an email about it shortly.
what browser are you using that you are receiving these errors? and also, what platform are you in (mac/pc)
thanks.,

--------------------
So mod!

+Quote Post
punkerplus
post Jul 11 2006, 12:33 PM
Post #343

Hardcore BUSTie

I tried that pixie (the forgotten password) and I couldn't get that to work either, so I thought eh, new lounge, new id.

And thanks for the pic info! At least I know my new account isn't at fault as well.

+Quote Post
pixiedust
post Jul 11 2006, 12:29 PM
Post #344

Tink's Red headed Step Sis

I read somewhere that the picture upload isn't working yet, but they plan to have it up by the end of the week.

I used the forgotten password link to get it...it sent a reactivation to my e-mail and then let change my password to somethign new.

*Raising hand* how do we see archives and things older than the last 20 posts? I know it's probably easy, but I'm at work and can't go crazy tryign out all the new controls until I get home.

--------------------
~May the Fleas of one thousand camels infest the crotch of any person who messes up your day, and may their arms be too short to scratch!~

+Quote Post
jsmith
post Jul 11 2006, 12:19 PM
Post #345

It's Calamity Jenn

Sorry, I know this must've been asked many times, but my username (jasmith)/password isn't working. I've tried the forgotten password link, and when I complete the form, I get an error page. I tried the link that requires a user id etc., and still get the error page upon completion. blink.gif

--------------------
Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds are serviley crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God, because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blind faith. Thomas Jefferson

+Quote Post
punkerplus
post Jul 11 2006, 12:07 PM
Post #346

Hardcore BUSTie

Ok ok, Why can't I upload a picture for my avatar?

+Quote Post
pixiedust
post Jul 11 2006, 11:58 AM
Post #347

Tink's Red headed Step Sis

EEEE! I just checked out the assistant! I lurve the fact that it shows what all the most recent posts are! And I love not having to sign in every time I post. And I can do colors now!

--------------------
~May the Fleas of one thousand camels infest the crotch of any person who messes up your day, and may their arms be too short to scratch!~

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Jul 11 2006, 11:28 AM
Post #348

I know it's only rock 'n' roll. But I like it.

Thank you, Bust Elves, for our lovely new space! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Check out my band's new demo online! You can DL my original....and please fan up if ya like it!

+Quote Post
mornington
post Jul 11 2006, 10:20 AM
Post #349

now running on biodiesel and sacrificial blood

oh, now I'm torn... if I use firefox, it's all center-aligned. If I use safari, I can't add rich text. gah!

Are you going to be able to fix the firefox issues? Other than that... ooh, shiny! I like. smile.gif

+Quote Post
snafooey
post Jul 11 2006, 10:14 AM
Post #350

I said a boom chicka rocka chicka rocka chicka boom

Ah, thanks!

+Quote Post
curioushair
post Jul 11 2006, 10:13 AM
Post #351

Hardcore BUSTie

I'm still having avatar problems. Also, the quote fuction isn't working for me. By the way, I'm using Firefox. Sorry to be such a nudge about it.

--------------------
Standing in the middle of life with my pants behind me.

+Quote Post
grrrlyouwant
post Jul 11 2006, 10:09 AM
Post #352

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(snafooey @ Jul 11 2006, 09:21 AM) *

Also, I just tried to start my posts from the left margin instead of being centred, but it wouldn't let me do that either.

"There is an error wit hyou BBCode. It is possible that you have incorrectly used a tag such as [TAG] when it is meant to be used as [TAG=] or vice-versa."

All I know is that I clicked on the left indent button!
ETA: Yeah, not being able to edit my typos is driving me nuts.

oh, i know the answer to that one snaf! you have to press the left align button before you start typing, and then again when you're done. it's not like on word where you press it and it changes the highlighted text, it's an actual tag, (left) (/left). kinda stupid if you ask me. i've been poking around for a setting that will justify left as the default when posting, but so far no luck.

--------------------
and with her step, i move my feet and with her hand, i feel my skin and with her need, i find i'm saved

+Quote Post
LoungeLady
post Jul 11 2006, 10:08 AM
Post #353

Hardcore BUSTie

hey guys - please check out the news item called "change is good" -- a lot of the things you all are asking about are answered there.
the centering is a bug, we are working on it.

also, the avatars upload is not working right now but will be by weeks' end, as well as post editing.

--------------------
So mod!

+Quote Post
moxiegirl
post Jul 11 2006, 10:07 AM
Post #354

Nice Kitty

I'm having avatar problems too. Same as indiechick...just says the upload fails. I tried in IE 6 and Firefox.

+Quote Post
indiechick
post Jul 11 2006, 10:07 AM
Post #355

Hardcore BUSTie

@snafooey: you can move your text to the left by writing it first, than marking it all and then clicking the "align left" button. it works for me.

i was also told earlier that the "edit" function will be worked on later.

+Quote Post
snafooey
post Jul 11 2006, 10:04 AM
Post #356

I said a boom chicka rocka chicka rocka chicka boom

I'm having trouble with both my avatar (it should work - I'm following the guidelines - but it's not) and editing posts (even if it's just right after I wrote them). Is it just me or is anyone else having this problem?

(cross-posted something similar in the Community Forum)

Also, I just tried to start my posts from the left margin instead of being centred, but it wouldn't let me do that either.

"There is an error wit hyou BBCode. It is possible that you have incorrectly used a tag such as [TAG] when it is meant to be used as [TAG=] or vice-versa."

All I know is that I clicked on the left indent button!

ETA: Yeah, not being able to edit my typos is driving me nuts.

+Quote Post
grrrlyouwant
post Jul 11 2006, 09:39 AM
Post #357

Hardcore BUSTie

i'm sure it's been mentioned already somewhere and i missed it, but how do i orient the threads so that the newest posts are on the bottom? much as i loved the old lounge, not being able to read in a straight top-to-bottom line always drove me nuts. tell me there's a way to flip it on this new board.

--------------------
and with her step, i move my feet and with her hand, i feel my skin and with her need, i find i'm saved

+Quote Post
voodoo_princess
post Jul 11 2006, 07:47 AM
Post #358

Hardcore BUSTie

ty ty.....
now..... how do I delete "evangaline" username?
i looked around but didn't see any way to do it.....

+Quote Post
LoungeLady
post Jul 11 2006, 07:39 AM
Post #359

Hardcore BUSTie

voodoo princess is there, like this:
voodoo_princess
try logging in like that.

gloomy sunday: you can search by member, click on the search button (upper right corner,below the bust nav bar) and go to advanced search. there you can search by member name ("filter").

--------------------
So mod!

+Quote Post
evangaline
post Jul 11 2006, 07:32 AM
Post #360

I'm actually Voodoo Princess, from before the new software changes BUT when I tried to log in I got the message that there was no such USERNAME in the data base, or whatever...... I tried to do the password thingy, thinking maybe that it was just a password issue but no..... just the same message about how Voodoo Princess does not exist.
SO.... I created a new username and when I tried to use my email addy in the registration, it said my email addy was already in use by another user....... I figure it means my addy is in use by Voodoo Princess BUT it also says Voodoo Princess doesn't even exist??????
Does my old username exist or no? If so, how do I retrieve it?
My new username is ok, so if I have to keep it that's fine too, just wondering if maybe some of the usernames got eaten up in the change over......

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 19 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 21, 2014 - 05:50 PM