The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

211 Pages V  « < 116 117 118 119 120 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> small breast support group - (I need it even if they don't)
karategrrl
post Apr 24 2009, 02:12 PM
Post #2341

Hardcore BUSTie

I had no idea Target had such cool stuff--they have no monokinis in my local store but the online selection is pretty awesome. It says you can order online and return at any store, which is super neat-o.

I am trying the monokini route this year b/c we've been going through a very definite "low-rider" phase with the bikini bottoms in the past few years. I have the abs for them, but they make my legs look stumpy and my already-long torso look even longer. I will have to wait until the bottoms get all V-cut and high on the hips again, like they were in the '80s. (Yes, remember the '80s?) I can pull off low-rider jeans if I keep the legs flared and wear them heels, but bikini bottoms leave no room for improvisation. wink.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
angie_21
post Apr 24 2009, 09:00 AM
Post #2342

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(karategrrl @ Apr 24 2009, 07:50 AM) *
I just ordered this one in plum:
monokini1

I think that one is my favorite from the whole site! I looked at their bikinis, but they just weren't as fun. Of course my bf liked the bikinis better, except for the badly photoshopped super-skinny look on the girl's stomachs & thighs. He actually got a little mad at that and stopped peeking over my shoulder once he noticed it lol

crinoline, I had no idea you could get a monokini at Target of all places, and for $30! Guess where I'm gonna be this weekend, thanks for the link!

+Quote Post
crinoline
post Apr 24 2009, 08:53 AM
Post #2343

Hardcore BUSTie

angie - the monokini look is so hot and chic for the small chested gal, you'll look smokin' on the beach!

anarch - speaking of smokin', that dress is hot! I think showing a little sternum (when we ain't gots no cleavage) is super sexy, but still classy (I'm all about class).

edie- I believe that places like Old Navy or Target have similar bandeau swim tops in their stores. Old Navy sizes a little large though, so you might need to go down a size there. Both stores are extremely affordable. I have a monokini from Target and I love it.

--------------------
http://www.etsy.com/shop/crinolinecreations Handmade accessories for the SuperCute!

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Apr 24 2009, 08:50 AM
Post #2344

Hardcore BUSTie

And yes, monokinis!!!! Love them! Sexaaay!
I just ordered this one in plum:
monokini1

And this one in olive:
monokini2

The 2nd one has some padding but I actually like the style of the other one a little better. Couldn't decide, so I ordered both and will see which looks better.

Crinoline, that was an awesome steal on that suit!! Holy crap!

Have a good weekend, ladies!

+Quote Post
edie52
post Apr 24 2009, 06:18 AM
Post #2345

Hardcore BUSTie

I really want a ruched bandeau top like this one. I don't want to buy online, though, so I'm going to shop around for something similar.

+Quote Post
anarch
post Apr 23 2009, 07:26 PM
Post #2346

Hardcore BUSTie

I'm loving these swimsuits you ladies are linking.

I bought this dress today, for a bit cheaper than this site lists it. On me, it goes down lower than what I normally wear, but I kept thinking about what you've said, crino, about us being able to wear stuff that's lower-cut in front more easily. I'm so glad I bought it.

+Quote Post
angie_21
post Apr 23 2009, 04:57 PM
Post #2347

Hardcore BUSTie

Oooh swimsuits! Usually I have to go with 2 pieces because I have to mix and match sizes, but last year when I went to the US on vacation I got an awesome Victoria's Secret 1 piece. It looks like this one, but it was metallic blue and pink so a little sexier. Awesome, and definitely easier to wear the smaller your boobies are. I looooove it. I'm actually scared to wear it anywhere in case I wreck it.

This one also rocks!

+Quote Post
crinoline
post Apr 23 2009, 01:16 PM
Post #2348

Hardcore BUSTie

it was ME! I loooove retro swimwear, and those suits are fab!
Last summer I was lucky enough to score this one by Juicy Couture in Layercake, which is a baby pink. Mine also has a little bow between the cups, but other than that it's the same suit. It was on super clearance (because it was petite) so I got it for $33!! I love it!

--------------------
http://www.etsy.com/shop/crinolinecreations Handmade accessories for the SuperCute!

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Apr 23 2009, 08:55 AM
Post #2349

Hardcore BUSTie

SUMMER SWIMWEAR ALERT!

I forgot who it was here that liked retro swimwear, but here are some I just saw:

http://www.modcloth.com/store/ModCloth/Womens/Swimwear

Happy browsing/shopping!

+Quote Post
purplestain
post Apr 21 2009, 02:07 AM
Post #2350

BUSTie

Loooooove those links. I swore to never again enter Urban Outfitters but ohhhh they have such nice backless/halter lacy things.

Q: What is awesome about being a small Bustie?
A: Being able to go inconspicuously (and painlessly) braless when it's too hot for words. Oh yes.

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Apr 20 2009, 12:23 PM
Post #2351

Hardcore BUSTie

OMG crinoline, I need, I mean, WANT that backless tunic!!! Holy crap. And it's not crazy expensive. Makes me want to attack the backs of all my summer tops with scissors.

anna k, I feel for you with the "boobage at the gym" issue. Man, how crazy is it that whatever end of the spectrum you're on, there are clothing issues to contend with!

+Quote Post
strongirl
post Apr 20 2009, 07:15 AM
Post #2352

Hardcore BUSTie

Crinoline, that's some excellent fashion advice for smallies and those are awesome links. Nicely done.

+Quote Post
Aithinne
post Apr 19 2009, 11:33 PM
Post #2353

Hardcore BUSTie

crinoline, love those links! I definitley will have to find some super cute tops. The shirts I have now that aren't conspicuous without the bra are not very cute. So, time for shopping.

It feels like forever since I last logged on here. Our internet was not working the best since the snow gods decided to shart on us over here in Colorado- over 2 feet of snow, 4 ft in drifts!

+Quote Post
anarch
post Apr 17 2009, 02:10 PM
Post #2354

Hardcore BUSTie

crinoline & everybody who posts links to flattering tops dresses etc, thank you. I love love love looking at the stuff you find.

+Quote Post
crinoline
post Apr 17 2009, 08:53 AM
Post #2355

Hardcore BUSTie

those "talent" shows always grate on me with the smug, unqualified judges.

Aithinne - I actually go braless quite a lot. I do live on the Gulf Coast, so it's really hot down here. I don't ever feel that I look skanky or inappropriate, either. I don't go braless in sheer or clingy knit tops, that's too revealing for me. I like woven tops with a little structure and an interesting neckline. One of the best things about being small chested is that we can get away with more revealing looks than our larger sisters without looking inappropriate. For instance, backless looks are fab for smallies because we don't need support. If you go to a bar in a top that looks deceivingly demure from the front, then you turn around and it's all skin, I guarantee that men will notice you.
Examples of tops that look great sans bra:
structured cami
daring backless tunic
embellished tube
slinky backless top
pleated cami

pleats, ruffles, and other embellishments on the bust can also make your braless state a little less conspicuous, because they provide some nip coverage.

--------------------

+Quote Post
angie_21
post Apr 17 2009, 08:50 AM
Post #2356

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(strongirl @ Apr 16 2009, 10:09 PM) *
Small-breasted hottie alert: Evan Rachel Wood has an allegedly smokin' (I haven't seen it yet) photo spread in GQ this month. She's like maybe an A+ cup? Her dress at the Academy Awards this year made her look totally flat...and totally hot.

That just made me think of another small hottie - my boyfriend absolutely loves Portia de Rossi (as Lindsay on Arrested Development. love that show!) and I had always thought her figure was kinda blah looking, probably because I was projecting my own feelings about my small boobs, and she is completely flat! I think he likes her silly attitude on the show more than anything (don't ask me why!), but that just goes to show the importance of personality!

I know anarch, I felt like that about myself, and it is show's like those that makes girls feel that way. It makes me so angry that people all flock to these shows and want to get on stage and have other people make them feel beautiful & important, and are willing to put up with the kind of abuse that Simon is famous for, all for their little 15 minutes. I hope this woman has a few more ticks up her sleeve - I think she knew she was being laughed at, I'm sure she had been before, and maybe it took that long for her to gain the courage to stand up there in spite of it. You could tell she wasn't one of the usual sad girls or boys that stand up there and act crazy and get made fun of - she knew what she could do. The thing is, she is not ugly - given the same salon treatment, make-up, personal trainer, and expensive clothing that most girls on the show apply to themselves, anyone can look glamorous. It just takes an inordinate amount of time, effort, and money, all dedicated to a single shallow purpose. It's sad that we've mixed up that kind of prettiness with beauty.

+Quote Post
anarch
post Apr 16 2009, 11:21 PM
Post #2357

Hardcore BUSTie

Youtube has audio of Susan Boyle singing Cry Me A River, in 1999

The Britain's Got Talent clip choked me up too. When she talked about "never been kissed" and said "That's not all I'm about!" while doing little hip-moving thing during the pre-song questions, that really struck a chord in me. All those years I spent feeling ugly and undesirable (haven't felt that way for about 10 years now, thanks be to cod and all the self-esteem work and surrounding myself with positive supportive people like you all here) and horny as hell at the same time. I hope she goes far and earns $$$ with her singing, and leaves the smug, bullying, eye-rolling, superficial asshats eating her dust. And that she finds true love with someone who's worthy and recognizes all the dimensions of beauty that she has.

+Quote Post
strongirl
post Apr 16 2009, 11:09 PM
Post #2358

Hardcore BUSTie

Small-breasted hottie alert: Evan Rachel Wood has an allegedly smokin' (I haven't seen it yet) photo spread in GQ this month. She's like maybe an A+ cup? Her dress at the Academy Awards this year made her look totally flat...and totally hot.

+Quote Post
Aithinne
post Apr 16 2009, 05:36 PM
Post #2359

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(anna k @ Apr 16 2009, 03:51 PM) *
karategrrl, that gym girl makes me think of my annoyance with having D-cups and finding comfortable shirts to wear. If the neck is too high, it looks like a uniboob, like a shelf. If the V-neck dips when I bend over, I feel like I'm giving a cleavage show, and look like I'm trying to get attention. I usually wear a tank top under my shirt to keep my girls together and reduce cleavage sightings, but it can still feel annoying when bending over while using weights and trying not to let my breasts be noticeable. I can imagine those guys probably see her funny nipples and are looking at her like a spectacle, not "hot."

Reading Jezebel's post about "unPhotoshopped" actresses in French Elle, someone wrote in a comment, "Most of us are not gorgeous, and the gorgeous ones are the actresses and models." I don't think I'm gorgeous, more average-looking, but that smarted a little to read.

Of course, women who are gorgeous are only actresses and models, of course! No beautiful woman could ever be anything as mundane as a teacher, or doctor, or _______(insert normal job here).

From my research on men's opinions of boobs, I've found that the VAST majority of men prefer any size of natural boob over fake any day of the week. So, that chick was probably getting stares, but they may not have been appreciative stares. If you've got fake boobs and wear a completely see through shirt in public, people are going to think you're fake, since what you're showing off is totally fake.

+Quote Post
anna k
post Apr 16 2009, 04:51 PM
Post #2360

Hardcore BUSTie

karategrrl, that gym girl makes me think of my annoyance with having D-cups and finding comfortable shirts to wear. If the neck is too high, it looks like a uniboob, like a shelf. If the V-neck dips when I bend over, I feel like I'm giving a cleavage show, and look like I'm trying to get attention. I usually wear a tank top under my shirt to keep my girls together and reduce cleavage sightings, but it can still feel annoying when bending over while using weights and trying not to let my breasts be noticeable. I can imagine those guys probably see her funny nipples and are looking at her like a spectacle, not "hot."

Reading Jezebel's post about "unPhotoshopped" actresses in French Elle, someone wrote in a comment, "Most of us are not gorgeous, and the gorgeous ones are the actresses and models." I don't think I'm gorgeous, more average-looking, but that smarted a little to read.

+Quote Post

211 Pages V  « < 116 117 118 119 120 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 23, 2014 - 11:41 AM