The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

211 Pages V  « < 192 193 194 195 196 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> small breast support group - (I need it even if they don't)
anonymoose96
post Sep 13 2007, 08:46 PM
Post #3861

BUSTie

I know it's their bodies and their call on what they do with them, but I'm still pretty appalled and disgusted that a program like that exists.

QUOTE(LilMissStrange @ Sep 13 2007, 11:40 PM) *
Wow, I just saw this site, http://myfreeimplants.com/, on the local news...with the end quote from the reporter "25,000 women have signed up, and 30 have gotten new and IMPROVED breasts". First of all how is that news, and second it's no wonder we need this message board mad.gif

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LilMissStrange
post Sep 13 2007, 05:23 PM
Post #3862

BUSTie

Wow, I just saw this site, http://myfreeimplants.com/, on the local news...with the end quote from the reporter "25,000 women have signed up, and 30 have gotten new and IMPROVED breasts". First of all how is that news, and second it's no wonder we need this message board mad.gif

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Sep 11 2007, 02:37 PM
Post #3863

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(dj-bizmonkey @ Sep 10 2007, 10:52 PM) *
dangled it over the trash and said, 'this padding is total bullshit.'

Sounds like a good man you got there, too, DJ!

+Quote Post
dj-bizmonkey
post Sep 10 2007, 04:35 PM
Post #3864

Hardcore BUSTie

way to go Lotus! what a total choadface and i am not in the least bit surprised that's he's still hanging around. you're probably the first woman that actually stood up to his superficial bullshit.

sounds like you've got a good man there, edie. my boyfriend is the same way.

well i know i have totally bashed victoria's secret in the past, but they were having a big sale this weekend so i popped my head in. the saleswoman was incredibly helpful and i found exactly what i was looking for (a-cup bras without ridiculous padding, but with underwire). vickie's is selling these italian made bras (they come in sizes 1-4) that are unlined, either silky, sheer or lace demi-cups. the silky ones are convertible so you can wear them with halter tops. the laces onces were two for $25 and the sheer/silky ones were 2 for $30. i feel like i got a good deal, even though they will probably fall apart as soon as i get them wet.

i've also heard that american eagle makes stretchy, t-shirt material bras with underwire too, woohoo! i'm not crazy about the feeling of an underwire bra, in fact i'm usually braless, but when i want shape under my sweater, it's the only way to go. my boyfriend hates padding, to the point that while we were last on vacation together he took one of the ultra-padded bras my friends had bought me, dangled it over the trash and said, 'this padding is total bullshit.' i didn't let him toss it, but he really wanted to.

i like some of the stuff on lulalu as well, but i found it a little pricey.

--------------------
"To lose everything at the edge of such a glorious eternity is far sweeter than to win by plodding through a cautious, painless, and featureless life."

+Quote Post
edie52
post Sep 9 2007, 09:12 PM
Post #3865

Hardcore BUSTie

Lace and demi-cups and "lightly padded," oh my! I want.

I love that they have 38 and 30 band sizes, and many styles in AA, that's rad. I would totally order but they don't ship to where I'm living right now...

+Quote Post
anonymoose96
post Sep 9 2007, 08:38 PM
Post #3866

BUSTie

I remember posting the lulalu site a long time ago when I came across it, and it does look like nice stuff. :-) The only reason I'm reluctant to try it myself is because I hate ordering things I can't try on, but then again that usually has to do with my small proportions. Let me know if the things you ordered work out! If so maybe I'll give it a try smile.gif

+Quote Post
Lotus0910
post Sep 9 2007, 06:59 PM
Post #3867

BUSTie

Wow what a week!
So homeboy wound up showing up for my birthday last night at the local pub. Ew. I won't even waste your time with the jist of how it went because it truly isn't worth it. Let's just say that I'm twice as disgusted as I was last week. How did he find out where I was hanging for my b-day? Who knows. What a douche.

On the lighter side of news, I found an awesoooome online lingerie store that caters to smaller chested women! This site comes highly recommended by a close friend and I just dropped nearly $75.00 on bras and camis. I'm pretty excited because they're stuff is actually sexy, and doesn't look like it's made for 10 year olds. Hallelujah!! I'll let you guys know how they fit! And oh- here's the site in case you want to check it out:

http://www.lulalu.com/

I'm in heaven!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
We must be the change we wish to see in the world. - Mahatma Gandhi

+Quote Post
Jaymi
post Sep 9 2007, 02:11 PM
Post #3868

BUSTie

Lotus - you're my Hero!!!

--------------------
We are all Feminists. Some of us just don't know it yet.

Girlistic Magazine: Feminist Thought and Culture - yours at Girlistic.com

+Quote Post
Callani
post Sep 9 2007, 04:50 AM
Post #3869

BUSTie

I agree with DJ-Biz, i think whistling is worse in some countries in Europe (I don't know about Latin-American countries). My Grandad was Italian and he was absolutely awful when it came to watching women, he'd always nudge a guy to the side of him and go "Eh, eh... look at that there.." Luckily it didn't rub off on anyone else in my family and we mostly used to joke about it, but I think it's almost expected in Italy and other similar countries. Creepy.
Lotus, I have to applaud your utter rejection of that guy - absolute genius. A similarly small breasted friend of mine was dating this guy for ages who was a complete arse about how small her breasts were and she never stood up to him. Thankfully she's now dating someone who appreciates her and can't believe she dated creep-boy for so long. But anyhoo, glad to hear that you're standing up for your figure. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Sep 6 2007, 12:03 PM
Post #3870

Hardcore BUSTie

HOLY CRAP you ladies!! What's this? I'm gone for a week or so and check back to find so much great shit going here!! Woohoo!

DJ-Biz, you brought up some really excellent points. You are right--breast size--as well as any other preference can go in and out of "style" or whatever with the times. Also, I had no idea it was so acceptable to catcall, etc. in some regions. Now it makes TOTAL sense why men of some particular ethnicities seem to do that--not ALL of them, of course--don't want to over-generalize. But I have to admit it does usually seem to be European/South American men. I don't mind glances or someone talking to me respectfully, but none of that leering, whistling, crotch-grabbing shit. It also makes more sense now that you say the women of these cultures may expect it, too. I've seen some women actually go over and talk to guys who do that crap. I guess this is a different way of saying, "Hello, nice day today! How are you?" Ha.

Lotus, LMFAO laugh.gif with that story and your telling of it. What's most funny is his calling you now. If you were panting after him I'm sure he'd be giving you the cold shoulder. I admit, I remember waaay back when, there was this guy I worked with who was seriously after me (and every other woman in the area). I found him attractive but sorely lacking in character, so I didn't want anything to do with him. I swear, the fact that I DID NOT want to fuck him drive him berserk! HAHAHAHA! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
anonymoose96
post Sep 5 2007, 04:55 PM
Post #3871

BUSTie

Right on Lotus!!!!!

+Quote Post
edie52
post Sep 5 2007, 11:30 AM
Post #3872

Hardcore BUSTie

What a loser!

Well, as a refreshing counterpoint to that... one day last month I was taking off my dress to try on an other outfit for my boyfriend (just to get his opinion). I also happened to not be wearing a bra. As soon as the dress came off he made an "mmm" sound and reached out to paw at my breasts a bit and said "I'm obsessed with your boobs." As someone who has been self-conscious about them for the last 10 years, this was music to my ears. Of course I encouraged his behaviour and pulled his head down so that he could lick and suck my nipples (reason #127 I would never get implants- I would cry and cry if I lost sensation in them, and would have to find completely different ways of getting turned on!).

Also, I found a good, affordable, unpadded underwire bra at H&M. I always thought I was smaller than an A cup, but maybe these are made a bit small, or I've grown a bit since the last time I tried on a "real" bra (which was years ago). I know I shouldn't feel validated by a size, but I do. It's kind of a nice feeling to finally fit into the system and not be sent to the teen girl section when shopping...

+Quote Post
crinoline
post Sep 5 2007, 07:55 AM
Post #3873

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Lotus0910 @ Sep 5 2007, 04:46 AM) *
I would rather stay home and shave my taint.

Hahahahahahaha!! You rock. I'm sorry you had to endure such jack-assery, but you're obviously a lady who can handle herself. Keep on giving him exactly what he deserves, which is none of your precious time!

--------------------
http://www.etsy.com/shop/crinolinecreations Handmade accessories for the SuperCute!

+Quote Post
knorl05
post Sep 5 2007, 01:45 AM
Post #3874

Hardcore BUSTie

lotus gurl... i <3 you!! damn midwestern dude. so full of himself living in some fantasy world. i love the way you ended it. tell the bastard what's up. his perceived attractiveness may get him booty but you're so much better off without having to deal with allll of his negative energy. i can peep out the superficial ones like radar now and i steer clear of them. give them a nice kind of fuck you type of smile. if they try to step to me i give them a dont even bother type of glare. he is sooo not worth your time. hopefully he's kicking himself for his stupidity and that you never give him another chance to make an ass of himself (unless, you know, that's what you want....)

anyway. good for you!

--------------------
We adore chaos because we love to produce order.
- M.C. Escher

+Quote Post
Lotus0910
post Sep 4 2007, 10:29 PM
Post #3875

BUSTie

Hey all...
Just felt like sharing:

So I've been seeing this guy for about two weeks or so. I should have run when he told me that his last girlfriend had gi-normous fake breasts that he had helped pay for, I should have run when we got into his car on a hot day and he drove with the windows up to avoid messing up his hair, I should have run when he *sigh* commented that a gorgeous brunette with perfectly natural C-cup breasts had "no boobs".. but alas I was so fascinated at his social ineptitude that I couldn't tear myself away. Also, a small part of me stayed around hoping to see if he had a deeper more substantial side.

SURPRISE!
He didn't.

So I tell him to kick rocks and he says, HE SAYS, "You're an attractive woman, but I am a VERY attractive man. Normally I wouldn't have gone for someone like you at all. No offence, but I'm attracted to women with boobs."

What?
I'm sorry I had the impression that these sacks of fatty tissue which I used to feed my child in his infancy were commonly reffered to as 'boobs'. I must have been wrong.

"Do tell," I answered back "What do you consider these?" Pointing to my chest.

I didn't wait for his answer. I told him (calmly because that's how I do things) that while, yes he is a VERY attractive man, his lack of inner beauty and any ability to recognize or value it made him the ugliest son of a bitch I had ever laid eyes on.
I ended with "No offence, but I'm attracted to men with substance."

He has called me every day since then, and left several messages inviting me out.

I would rather stay home and shave my taint.

--------------------
We must be the change we wish to see in the world. - Mahatma Gandhi

+Quote Post
LilMissStrange
post Sep 1 2007, 11:31 AM
Post #3876

BUSTie

Ugh, I recently experienced the subtle whistle catcall thing. I was with my friend (who is a guy) and we were walking into a convenience store and some guy vacuuming out his car started to quietly whistle when he saw me walking by, but it was the type that karategrrl was talking about where it's disguised as 'maybe they're just whistling a tune'. So obvious though that he was doing it at me and it was even worse because I was with my guy friend, who as far as that guy knows could be my bf....very 'brave' of him. My solution to that kinda subtle stuff is to give them a once over and shake my head with a smirk on my face or make a rude comment about them to whomever happens to be with me (this is really effective if it's another girl and you both start laughing after). For the more obvious stuff like guys yelling shit out car windows I find the middle finger is effective.

Honestly though, I think that if women started calling guys on that kinda bullshit more often they'd do it less. I think they do it cuz they know that most cases they can get away with it because so many women won't say anything. I try and tell my friends this when they get upset and tell me to "ignore it" when I talk back to guys who harass us....they just call me a 'militant feminist' sad.gif

+Quote Post
dj-bizmonkey
post Sep 1 2007, 10:36 AM
Post #3877

Hardcore BUSTie

yes, yes, yes, crinoline!!! geez, you expressed that far more cogently than i ever could have hoped! i love that concept- demystifying the female body, it made me think of that part in 'the big lebowski,' where maude says, 'my work has been praised as being highly vaginal, which makes some men uncomfortable and they find it difficult to say. vagina. while without batting an eye a man will refer to his dick, his rod or his johnson.'

as for the whistling thing, i think that women in the U.S. actually have it alot easier than say, women in Italy or any Latin American country for that matter, where it is completely acceptable to leer, stare and catcall. the best thing to do is just ignore them, though i've found that if you do turn around and talk to them they often have nothing more to say and stare at you like a deer in headlights. one contrast i noticed in the domincan republic was that if women got all dressed up to go out to the clubs and the men they passed didn't catcall, they would turn around and cuss them out, saying things like, 'what's wrong with you? are you really men? because we look hot!' it always cracked me up. i loathe the hiss from men above all sounds, that 'thssst,' blegh, it gives me the creepies just thinking about it.

--------------------
"To lose everything at the edge of such a glorious eternity is far sweeter than to win by plodding through a cautious, painless, and featureless life."

+Quote Post
crinoline
post Aug 31 2007, 12:59 PM
Post #3878

Hardcore BUSTie

Dj-bizmonkey - I had a feminist teacher (who introduced me to Bust! she held me after class and gave me my first issue) who was adamant on the importance of de-mystifying the female body. Besides making the vagina a normal, acceptable body part (how many times have you heard the word penis as opposed to vagina in conversation?), a large part of that is treating breasts as what they are. They are natural, beautiful, functional baby feeders. There is nothing sexual or shameful about breastfeeding and it sickens me that so many people feel that way. Breasts can be used in a sexual way, and they are part of attracting a mate (just like one's ass, which of course has other natural functions besides sexual), but they are not just sexual objects.
Many men seem to find it difficult to grasp that concept. And I agree that while large breasts make it obvious that one is female, they are not a subconscious signal of fertility, like wide hips are.

karategrrl- I know!! At what point in these men's lives did someone tell them it was a good idea to whistle at women? When I was in Rome (art school) The "cool guys" there hung out on the spanish steps with open shirts, tiny gold chains, and itsy bitsy cell phones glued to their ear. As I walked past, they would always move the cell phone off of their ear before CLICKING at me, like they were calling a cat or something! When I ignored them they would shout " Ey! Bellisimma!" (sp?) And when it became obvious that noone was buying it, they went back to their cell phones like nothing happened. And they ALL did it! Jerk-itude is universal, I'm afraid

--------------------
http://www.etsy.com/shop/crinolinecreations Handmade accessories for the SuperCute!

+Quote Post
dj-bizmonkey
post Aug 31 2007, 09:15 AM
Post #3879

Hardcore BUSTie

hey ladies, sorry i've been out of the loop (first year grad student). but i knew it was about time for me to check back in with y'all.

first, Callani, Knorl, Karategrrl, i am one of those larger women with small breasts, but i will also say that it completely unfair to demonize some one because of their genetics. coming from women, especially those who are supposed to know better, it just seems so counterproductive. i mean, how can you hate some one because of something that is 100% completely out of your power. how can you assume that they don't have the exact same body issues as you? come ON, people! skinny doesn't equal anorexic and throwing that term around so nonchalantly does disservice to the women who suffer from it.

ironing board? i've always heard that one in movies but never gotten it myself. i have gotten flat alot and also, 'well, you'd understand if you had boobs.' excuse me? i have them, they're there, they just don't cast a huge shadow, but i fucking have them.

as for the whole hardwiring of men's minds, i have to disaggree on this issue. we'd have to kick it back about six months to when the wise lapis and i were in a heated discussion about it. yes, i agree that breasts are a symbol of femininity, but i don't think that men are hardwired to be more attracted to big ones. it's cultural, and it's case by case. as i've said before, if we lived in a culture where women went topless, never wore bras and could nurse in public without fear of reprisal, breasts would lose their flare. they would be seen as more utilitarian. the whole nursing fantasy freaks me the fuck out. i'll bet those guys were bottle fed. especially in the USA, breastfeeding is somehow seen as taboo, mysterious or even sexual, which i find despicable. yes, breasts are great to have during sex, i like mine to be touched and doted upon, but in the end, their primary function is to feed babies. babies aren't thinking sexual thoughts, little baby boys don't get erections when they are fed, they are thinking, mmmm, i'm hungry and this is good and comforting!!! it's because we (the U.S.) were founded by uptight puritans and their stupid prudish morality pervades to this day. if we could see breasts most days, not only in an artful, beautiful way, but also doing what they are engineered to do the mystery might be dispelled and we wouldn't be as obsessed. breasts are beautiful, big and small. the female body is beautiful. i honestly think the bigger is better idea is just a trend of this last century. look at classic greco-roman art, look at medieval art, look at renaissance art, there are far more small breasted women represented than you would ever see today.

i have to disagree with that psychologists study, it sounds to me like a just-so story, he had his result and worked backwards. well riddle me this, if large breasts were such a stong feature of a attractiveness for all cultures, if men really were hardwired from the beginning to prefer large breasts, wouldn't we have been selected out by now? and why would the majority of asian, native american (both north, south, and central), and aboriginal women have small breasts? wouldn't that trait have been whittled down over the past 25,000 years? it doesn't make sense for it to be a hard-wired evolutionary concept because there is NO LINK between breast size and fertility, none whatsoever. and somehow, the forces of natural selection unconciously "know" what traits are linked to fertility (i.e. facial symmetry, waist to hip ratio, testosterone levels- strong jaw lines, larger muscles) and those traits are universal (more or less) features of attractiveness between the sex.

ok, this turned into a rant, i'm sorry, but i just had the epiphany. i'm taking a class on modern human variation, maybe i'll learn something more about this there......

take care of yourselves and stay strong ladies! and welcome to the thread Callani, i hope you find it as helpful as i have!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Callani
post Aug 31 2007, 07:07 AM
Post #3880

BUSTie

I actually started at uni last year, so I'm about to go into my second year and am (ever so slightly in my less secure moments) dreading going back. I used to be a gymnast but since the gymnasts at my uni actually compete in the Olympics I wasn't exactly up to level, so I became a cheerleader (*ducks from any feminist missiles*) which is actually a lot more athletic than I thought. But yeah, combined with being smaller people just presume I'm anorexic and it's so annoying. I'm like, seriously order me a pizza and give me Cadbury's and I will prove to you that I can eat...
Humpf.
But I totally understand the jockeying for position thing you talked about, last year it was plain ridiculous. I was like "ok is it acceptable here to be this rude?" But apparently it's the norm amongst the majority and it's so annoying. Oh I'm going to miss Brum life. *sigh*
Will be needing lots of support from bust people come October...

+Quote Post

211 Pages V  « < 192 193 194 195 196 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 21, 2014 - 04:06 PM