The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

211 Pages V  « < 129 130 131 132 133 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> small breast support group - (I need it even if they don't)
anarch
post Jan 19 2009, 09:01 PM
Post #2601

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(loonydaray @ Jan 19 2009, 12:15 AM) *
what is the point of underwire on a barely 32 a cup?? haha like...seriously. there's not that much to support it just digs in and is mass painful

I used to rely on underwire bras to stop the damned cups from creeping up, as in, bottom of the bra was heading up towards my nipples (not enough boob to make it stay where it was supposed to), and I'd have to wrench discreetly at it to put it back where it belonged. I've found that more recent wireless bras don't creep, so I wear those, with just enough padding to avoid the "radio dial" problem. If it's cold and I've got a few layers on, I don't bother with bras at all.

There's this scene in the A&E miniseries Ivanhoe, where Rebecca, dressed in a long white shift, is tied to a stake on a heap of firewood for being a witch, while Brian de Bois-Guilbert and Ivanhoe fight to prove whether she is or is not a witch - and all I could think was, "OK, this is supposed to be in medieval times, so no bras, right? Will they dare show nipple pokage?" They did.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
honeybunch
post Jan 19 2009, 08:29 PM
Post #2602

BUSTie

I actually like going braless.

I have some fond memories, and I probably gave some guys some very fond memories. biggrin.gif

Once a date I didn't wear a bra. I was wearing a sweater so I didnt think it was that noticeable. Well, by the end of the night he told me I had beautiful breasts. <3 <3 <3 <3

Other time it's awkward. One time I had a whole family stare at me. Since then I've been less blatant.

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Jan 19 2009, 09:19 AM
Post #2603

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(lightchested @ Jan 18 2009, 02:35 AM) *
I have a question for the women on this forum:
And don't even get me started on non-smallies who pad! My best friend has implants and wears Victoria's Secret most padded bra to enhance them even more!!!

That drives me insane, too. Absolutely fricking nuts.

strongirl, thanks for sharing that info about the magazine poll. Let me say this--I am pleasantly surprised!

As for the "to pad or not to pad" question, I discovered as a teen that underwire bras (even non-padded) seemed, for some reason, to make me look a teensy bit bigger, so I wore them. Now, I generally wear lightly padded underwire teen bras--I like the little bit of shape/nipple modesty they gives me. Generally, more bras are available in underwire than not. It's hard enough to find bras that fit and look right to begin with--if I eliminated underwires as an option, I'd really be up shit's creek. Also, as many here have already said, most bras in small sizes have padding equivalent to the amount found in an average sofa. The teen bras don't have that--just a tad. I don't want to look like Dolly Parton--I just want to look professional at work/not get harassed in the frozen food aisle of the grocery store (cold=massive nipplage).

+Quote Post
Vendetta
post Jan 19 2009, 06:57 AM
Post #2604

Hardcore BUSTie

Yes it's some of my work.

I alternate between slightly padded and ridicusly padded. I rarely go braless. Depending on my mood, if I want to feel sexier, I go on a lot of padding. I'm wearing my mostly padded one on that "Heart me" photograph and because of my position, there's an empty hole between me and the bra lol Ah shit...

+Quote Post
honeybunch
post Jan 19 2009, 12:04 AM
Post #2605

BUSTie

I don't know if it's the norm for small busties to wear padded bras, but manufacturers seem to think that. I don't wear padded bras though.

+Quote Post
loonydaray
post Jan 18 2009, 11:16 PM
Post #2606

BUSTie

oh and vendetta is that your photography?

+Quote Post
loonydaray
post Jan 18 2009, 11:15 PM
Post #2607

BUSTie

crinoline that kitty is toooo freakin adorable happy.gif

hmm i admit for a while here i was a slave to the underwire/paddedness. but hearing all the stories about going braless inspired me to be brave and i actually go braless most of the time now! i love the freedom haha biggrin.gif yeah it takes some to get used to but it's just so much more comfortable (that underwire kills). sometimes i do wear the padded/underwire but not often. i do at work only because the shirts we have to wear really look dumb on me and theyre kinda big so i like to make it appear as tho i have some shape to me. but yeah why wear a bra when you don't need to?? plus i mean... what is the point of underwire on a barely 32 a cup?? haha like...seriously. there's not that much to support it just digs in and is mass painful

+Quote Post
purplestain
post Jan 18 2009, 10:55 PM
Post #2608

BUSTie

The first bra my mom bought for me was a slightly padded soft cup, and I continued wearing that kind of bra (usually with that damned underwire) even though it was uncomfortable and distracting, simply because I did not know any other option existed.

I couldn't afford to go bra shopping alone and was embarrassed to go with my mom; we always went to Victoria's Secret, where it's very hard to find any kind of unpadded bra, and she always encouraged me to try on enormously padded ones, insisting they "improved my figure." I took her word for it and wore a big black monstrosity for almost a year before I made her buy me a "sports bra" (bralette). Never went back.

And yes, lightchested, now I wonder all the time about other women who seem to have M/L boobs under a t-shirt. What might they be hiding???

+Quote Post
Vendetta
post Jan 17 2009, 11:51 PM
Post #2609

Hardcore BUSTie

I pad.

+Quote Post
starship
post Jan 17 2009, 10:59 PM
Post #2610

Hardcore BUSTie

oh, and in reply to lightchested Q, nearly all my bras are underwired except for the ones i lounge about in, and most have molded cups and some are padded (i feel ashamed admitting this:/). the thing is, its so hard to get a bra that is genuinely my size and it seems like when you have molded/padded cups it gives you more leeway if the boobs dont quite fill it fully. if i can find an actual aa bra thats unpadded then i always snatch it up but unfilled a-cups just dont do anything for me

+Quote Post
starship
post Jan 17 2009, 10:42 PM
Post #2611

Hardcore BUSTie

i just measured (super quickly) and im 33,26,37 my waist is usually 24/25 but i ate alot over christmas + pre-period bloating. ive always been described as 'skinny' though so i kindof appreciate any extra curves i get. no matter where they are...

i dont think measurements really help to get a picture of someones body shape. if someone told me they had my measurements i wouldnt picture them as having the sort of body i do.

ive noticed that girls are getting boobs younger and younger too. im only 20 yet i think its changed a lot even since i was at school! there used to be the odd girl in my class who started everything early but most got boobs and stuff at around 13 (which is pretty normalish i think?). ive never really neeeded a bra (maybe just about need one now) but i wanted one when i was about 12 because everyone else had one and i was embarassed in the changing rooms. there was never a defining day when my mum said 'right we're going bra shopping though' because it just wasnt necessary. my first one was a AA and i remember tucking the excess material under the seam (where the underwiring would usually be) because it was too big but i was determined to wear it. i was desperate to get one and felt proud when i did, just like the girl in that article, but i still think mothers should make their daughters wait- until they need one or theyre at least 12ish.
its sad how childhood is becoming shorter and shorter. here in the uk theyre considering starting sex-education for 5year olds:/

mini rant. it always bugs me when i see girls who (not being bitchy) arent that pretty but have boobs getting all the attention but for a 'flat' girl to get the same it seems she has to be REALLY pretty. i get male attention and dont particularly want anymore of that sort, it just annoys me because its like a working example of the status of breasts in todays society.

on the plus side, there are officially more important things in life than my boobs
smile.gif

+Quote Post
strongirl
post Jan 17 2009, 10:30 PM
Post #2612

Hardcore BUSTie

Lightchested - I don't wear padded bra's and never have. I have one that is sort of a molded cup, with underwire, of the "radio dial suppression" variety you mentioned. (By the way, you crack me up, too! Quite humorous.)

I feel comfy and sexy in my bralette's or cotton triangle bra's. I also go bra-less a lot in tight t-shirts or clingy camisoles.

OK, now just when we thought we had it figured out re. the older guy/younger guy boob preference thing, here's a piece from a Glamour survey of men's sex habits/preferences that I just read online:

"If it were painless, safe, and free would you encourage your wife or girlfriend to get breast implants?

25% Yes 75% No

Note: in 1995 55% of men said they'd go for bigger boobs."

How 'bout that? So much for my theory.

+Quote Post
lightchested
post Jan 17 2009, 09:35 PM
Post #2613

BUSTie

I have a question for the women on this forum:

Do you think that the "norm" for small chested women is to wear padded wired bras, padded unwired bras, unwired padded bras, or unwired unpadded bras? What do you all wear?

I know "padded" can be a hard thing to define. Some people consider any bra that prevents the radio tuners from showing through to be padded. But by padded, I mean a bra with anything thicker than what is needed to prevent the "find your station and adjust volume here and here" look.

The reason I ask is that I had a kind of personal epiphany about a year ago when I decided to "drop out of the race" and stop wearing padding and wires. I decided if I couldn't win, I'd refuse to compete. So now I know I look super small, and smaller than I have to given that I've foregone the padded bra option, but for some reason I feel more comfortable not participating in the "bigger is better" race. I'd rather just sit at the sidelines than be hopelessly limping along behind everyone else in the Boob Marathon, gasping for air, thirstily sucking down the last droplets from my water bottle, and desperately trying to think of ways to get ahead of my competitors, who seem to be gliding along effortlessly, getting farther and farther ahead of me, not even noticing me staggering along behind them.

It's very comfortable at the sidelines: it's easy to breathe because I'm not forcing my body to do something it just wasn't cut out to do. (no offense to any runners- I'm just not the "cardio stamina" type, so I used this analogy). And I'm not straining my brain trying to figure out ways to "keep up with the competition" (much less get ahead of them) because I've made the decision to not participate in their BooB Race. Why should I? The odds are stacked against me anyway. (I do so crack myself up sometimes! rolleyes.gif )

I've been much happier (though obviously not ecstatic or I'd not be on this board) since I gave up padded wired bras.

Am I alone in this? Sometimes (RARELY!) I see other small chested women, and wonder if they made the same decision I did. Are some of the women I see (and envy) just pulling out all the stops to join in the Boob Marathon? Am I fooled by padding and silicone inserts? I must be, right? Women our size surely can't be THAT rare!!!??

How common do you think it is for us smallies to just say, "Screw it. I'm out of it. Give me my bralettte." ?? Do more women pad, or not? To pad, or not to pad: that is no longer the question (for me). Just...who else is doing it? What percentage of smallies?

And don't even get me started on non-smallies who pad! My best friend has implants and wears Victoria's Secret most padded bra to enhance them even more!!! rolleyes.gif I'd like to limit the discussion to smallies if possible? All comments welcome though. I've very curious as to what is the norm.

--------------------
May visible pyramids one day lurk beneath my sweaters.

+Quote Post
bottleblack
post Jan 17 2009, 08:52 PM
Post #2614

BUSTie

Not wearing bras makes me feel so...nipply..I think it's very obvious to everyone. I think i'm not quite small enough to be able to pull it off unfortunately!

+Quote Post
Jane Lane
post Jan 17 2009, 07:31 PM
Post #2615

I've managed to get over that exposed feeling as of late. Now I can't stand wearing a bra. I love coming home from work and being able to take it off and relax. They never fit right anyway... I only wear them at work because it just feels inappropriate not to.

So I had to go bridesmaid's dress shopping today... unpleasant. I've gotten into an "I love my tiny breasts" attitude recently, but trying on all those dresses made me look and feel like an 8 year old. ESPECIALLY compared to the other girls in the wedding. They're all lovely size 8s and up, and I just looked like a twig. I managed to find a dress that had gathered fabric around the bust so that not so much attention is drawn to the fact that I have absolutely nothing there, but my goodness was that frustrating.

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Jan 17 2009, 07:26 PM
Post #2616

Hardcore BUSTie

--Total topic change--

Crinoline, that is SUCH a cute/sad little kitty in your avatar!!! unsure.gif

--back to "measurements" topic--

+Quote Post
Vendetta
post Jan 17 2009, 05:03 PM
Post #2617

Hardcore BUSTie

I tried several times going braless. I simply can't. I feel naked and exposed. I can't.

+Quote Post
Vendetta
post Jan 17 2009, 05:02 PM
Post #2618

Hardcore BUSTie

I still measure 30 in the bust. I'm almost 25 lol

+Quote Post
crinoline
post Jan 17 2009, 10:48 AM
Post #2619

Hardcore BUSTie

I didn't start wearing bras until I was 14, mostly because I didn't need to.

Now I'm 32-25-38 (yes, I'm all butt) A few years ago, when I was a little thinner, I was being measured for a formal gown, and the woman re-measured me three times because she couldn't believe that someone could measure 30 in the bust.

--------------------
http://www.etsy.com/shop/crinolinecreations Handmade accessories for the SuperCute!

+Quote Post
Vendetta
post Jan 17 2009, 08:38 AM
Post #2620

Hardcore BUSTie

Creepy. When my mother gave me my first bra, I was 11 years old and was such a tom-boy that I didn't wanted to wear it. She used to say I had to start wearing it so my small protudes could stay in place and look nice in the future. They stayed the same size since then and I think I was already 12 years old when I started wearing it only for nipple covering purposes. It was underwired, sweet pink with white polkadots and no padding at all, of course.

+Quote Post

211 Pages V  « < 129 130 131 132 133 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 24, 2014 - 10:20 PM