27 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bloody grrls
pants
post Jul 20 2010, 03:21 AM
Post #21

Hardcore BUSTie

Thanks folks, at the very least it's good to know I'm not alone. smile.gif

I'm going to give my doc a try again next week. maybe even try to see one of the other GPs at the surgery.

I don't like to do this, but will probably exagerate my symptoms a little (although to be fair this month was totally miserable and has now been followed by lots and lots of cramps, yay.) as that seems the best way to spur my GP to action.

As fucked as the US health care system is, I do miss the thouroughness you get when you actually have healthcare sometimes. The UK's system has a lot to reccommend it but sometimes you do feel like you're being passed over for the more 'serious' cases. It's not that I want ALL the resources, just a few more.

--------------------
I am not a reliable narrator
This is a place where I talk about other stuff, and try to make it interesting.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
damona
post Jul 19 2010, 08:25 PM
Post #22

can i go to bed now?

(((pants)))

i know exactly what you are talking about. i spot on and off from the start of my ovulation til my period actually starts, and if i have sex, especially with the boy since he bumps my cervix... well, there are several extra loads of laundry every month. the mr isn't quite such an issue, but it still happens. i'm really tired of it, too.

honestly, unless it's bad, i just wear dark skirts and no undies and go to the bathroom a little more often. i can't use tampons anymore, anyway, and pads irritate my skin (think diaper rash *shudders*), so as long as i'm going to be home, i just don't worry about it. if i'm going out, i tuck a washcloth into my panties.

i've been told that i am the stereotypical girl-about-to-be-on-the-rag for that week or so before i get my period, too. last week, i went over by the boy, curled up on the end of his bed, and started crying. no idea why. i just did. he flipped out and was all "what? what did i do? i'm sorry! whatever it is, i'm sorry!" so i sat there, laughing and sobbing and snot running and generally gross. no fucking clue why. i hate crying and will usually do anything in my power to avoid having anyone see me cry, too.

i finally started bleeding today. i can't decide if i feel better or worse, yet. the migraine i had this morning i could have definitely lived without (and the nasty "migraine hangover" that lasts the rest of the day), but the cramps have eased up at least.

--------------------
"give me life, give me pain, give me myself again" - tori amos

+Quote Post
aphelendra
post Jul 19 2010, 07:44 PM
Post #23

Hardcore BUSTie

I second the ((((pants)))).

I did have something similar going on, and my doc wasn't concerned for a looonnnng time. So I found myself a new doc, because really, bleeding after sex (of the nonmenstrual variety) was disturbing and most definitely not normal.

It could be a number of things that are really relatively benign, but I wouldn't trust a doc who didn't want to check things out.

Good luck . . . .

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jul 19 2010, 11:38 AM
Post #24

Big Fat Bitch

Huh. Pants, I got nothing. But I hope it gets better soon & isn't anything dangerous. (((((Pants)))))

Suk, I've never had any drama using a soft cup. In fact, several months into our now almost four-year relationship, my partner one night just blurted out, "Doyouevermenstruate?" all embarrassed like. There was never any tell-tale blood anywhere & I pretty much never said no to a romp, so he was beginning to wonder. I explained the Instead phenomena, of course he was wildly curious which led to an impromptu demonstration & then a good hard shag.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
pants
post Jul 19 2010, 05:23 AM
Post #25

Hardcore BUSTie

Suk, I've always just used a towel or changed the sheets immediately after. How big is your shower? If there's enough room to manouever it may be your best option. Or a hotel, then they can clean up after.

My question sort of leads off this. For the last 3 months I have been spotting for about 10 days before my period starts in earnest. Blood shows up when I wipe after having a pee, and maybe a few drops throughout the day. Enough to stain my underwear but just little enough that it feels like a waste of a pad and would probably make tampon wearing uncomfortable. If I have sex during the spotting period there will be a ton of blood all over him and dripping afterwards, then it will ease back until my body decides it's time to go. Still with some spotting, but not much. During this ten day period I am generally bloated and at the start get super moody ( I actually threw a sponge at my dude this last week and yelled, 'Well fine then, since I can't do anything right then you clean the spot on the sofa. I hate you!' and went up stairs and cried. It was like every menstrual stereotype ever.) and miserable.

When I've spoken to my doctors they've acted like it's no big deal, but really it is, it's uncomfortable and a waste of money considering all the pads I end up using for no real reason.

I'm not interested in going back on the pill since in recent years every pill I've tried has either made me a crazy person or messed up my gut pretty badly.

Has anyone experienced anything similar to this or do you know someone who has, because I could totally use some advice. I'll probably try my GP again once this cycle finishes. But I thought I might do some information gathering beforehand.

--------------------
I am not a reliable narrator
This is a place where I talk about other stuff, and try to make it interesting.

+Quote Post
sukouyant
post Jul 7 2010, 07:04 AM
Post #26

Hardcore BUSTie

Is there any consensus on the best catch to use during sex (involving peen)?
I usually just throw down a towel, but I'm looking for something discreet at the moment (cause I'm a lady!).

I've narrowed it to Sponge vs SoftCup. Are there leaking issues with these?

+Quote Post
enfermera
post Jun 16 2010, 09:34 AM
Post #27

Hardcore BUSTie

breakout, cramps, low back ache...yaaaay

if i had a hot tub i would get in now and not get out until bedtime.

+Quote Post
pepper
post Jun 13 2010, 05:31 PM
Post #28

More smooshy than the Diva Cup? Egads! I don't know that I'll be shelling out another $50 to try an even smooshier one. I might just make some flannel pads and be done with the insertion type for a while.
Ok, if our cycles are going to be all crazy like can my face at least stop breaking out every damn month? Seriously, wrinkles and pimples, it's so not pretty.

+Quote Post
enfermera
post Jun 13 2010, 01:30 PM
Post #29

Hardcore BUSTie

the ladycup is definitely more smooshy than the divacup. with both i usually have to kind of slide a finger around it once inside to get it to pop open, but it's not too tricky. different strokes, i guess.

+Quote Post
spot-on
post Jun 13 2010, 12:08 PM
Post #30

Hardcore BUSTie

Pepper have you tried the other versions of menstrual cups? I have the "lady cup" and that springs back into shape once inserted. Never tried the Diva as the lady cup came recommended to me.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jun 13 2010, 01:17 AM
Post #31

Big Fat Bitch

Pepper, sometimes shit is just wonky. My cycle is 29-31 for two months, then stretches out to 36, then back to 29-31 for two months & again with the 36 days. It's retarded.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
pepper
post Jun 12 2010, 09:10 PM
Post #32

I hate the diva cup. I don't care if the keeper does retain odour (and it does, and actually I do care that's why I tried the diva. sigh) that diva cup is so darn flimsy, it just sucks. Can't they make it a bit firmer so it sproings back into shape once inserted? It can't collect anything if it's crushed flat. Drr.

I think I'm starting early menopause, else why the heck is my period varying from 21-36 days apart for the last few months? I had my hormones tested and everything is apparently a-ok so what gives?

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jun 12 2010, 12:52 PM
Post #33

Big Fat Bitch

Ugh. I'm bloated, my boobs are HUGELY swollen, & my uterus aches. And it's that kind of dull, low throbbing ache. Blergh. Meh. Feh.

--------------------

+Quote Post
angie_21
post May 28 2010, 12:37 PM
Post #34

Hardcore BUSTie

I bought mine on eBay. The official distributor sells it there for cheaper than they do on their own website. Or maybe it was hte same price but with free shipping, I don't remember.

+Quote Post
archegonia
post May 27 2010, 08:06 AM
Post #35

Hardcore BUSTie

thank you angie! i'm sure i can find the ladycup on the net?

--------------------
leashed only to the wind

+Quote Post
angie_21
post May 24 2010, 09:51 PM
Post #36

Hardcore BUSTie

My understanding is the divacup is less irritating than the keeper because it is medical grade silicone. The keeper is about the same size, and rubber (?) so I bet it wouldn't be better. I bought a ladycup when I was having divacup problems (same thing - too much pressure on the bladder, I got UTIs because of it, and it made me sore because of the friction from putting it in) and the ladycup was MUCH better. It is smaller and made of much softer silicone. The only problem is it's a lot harder to take out because when you go to grab it, it kind of skooshes up and there's nothing to grip, also blood sometimes gets everywhere. But if you can handle that, it might work out for you. Or try the smaller size divacup? I eventually had to give up because of the UTIs and bladder irritation, but I do miss it. It was so very convenient!

Maybe if you work on lots of kegels, it will help as well?

+Quote Post
archegonia
post May 24 2010, 06:18 PM
Post #37

Hardcore BUSTie

i do believe there used to be a diva cup vs keeper thread in here but i cant find it. so i'll ask my Q here and hope that its the right place or i'll recieve direction...

ever since giving birth, my diva cup and my box are just not getting along. i LOVE my diva cup. i started wearing it after my first baby so i used the #2 (mumma one) even tho he was a C section. and it was great and the world was well.

but since vaginal birth its a painful process, it puts pressure on my sensitive bladder, and i've been breaking out, which never happened before = my guess because it makes my lips vulnerable with all that pulling and stuff so when i wear a pad for the last day or so its just not a good scene.

soo.. the Q here is: do you suppose the keeper would irritate the queen as well? or does anyone have any other recomendations?

--------------------
leashed only to the wind

+Quote Post
angie_21
post May 22 2010, 08:53 AM
Post #38

Hardcore BUSTie

Well there it is. I don't know if herbal menstrual regulators have been discussed here before, but I just wanted to note that I am not a fan. I had a bottle of Vitex (chasteberry) that is supposed to help regulate your cycles if they are long by increasing your progesterone. I've recently been reading some bad things about it, but last night I thought, well, I may as well see if it can at least start the cycle going, so I took ONE 500 mg. And I woke up this morning with cramps like I haven't had since I was a teenager, and lots of blood. Now maybe I was going to start my peroid today anyways, but there is no way I would normally have had cramps like this, and since we all learned in high school that too much progesterone is what causes cramps, it looks like I will never be taking Vitex again! oww.

+Quote Post
enfermera
post May 21 2010, 06:55 PM
Post #39

Hardcore BUSTie

angie, i know the feeling. i've been using an online tool to chart my cycle for a little over a year now, and so far it's been anywhere from 19-36 days; an average of 29 days, with a "standard deviation" of four days. the best prediction i've observed so far really is the lunar cycle: i personally tend to start bleeding right around the first quarter. luckily, i've no remote chance of being pregnant at the moment...but yeah. the pms-y panic thing is awful. hang in there!

+Quote Post
angie_21
post May 21 2010, 10:47 AM
Post #40

Hardcore BUSTie

I HATE HATE HATE waiting. It doesn't help that you already have pms and you're pissed off at everything, but then you also have to wait for it to show up? My peroid shows up anywhere from 28-38 days in the cycle, every time I wonder, maybe this is the month it's just not showing up. Doesn't help that I'll be away from possible medical attention for 3 months, isn't that the best time to worry about being knocked up? especially when you know you're pms-y so you clearly can't be, but since you are pms-y it doesn't matter that you know, you still panic....

+Quote Post

27 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 2, 2014 - 12:25 AM