--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Sep 27 2008, 02:38 PM
Post #42

brown delicious

Oooo. Now, that I know you are a GA fan turbo, we might need to have a GA night. wink.gif

i read somewhere that alot of what happened in this week's episode is reflective of the drop in ratings for the show last year. Hence, the drop in the level of trauma. Either way, I'm glad part of the show will emphasize how they do in their jobs.

Man, I think McDreamy and Meredith are made for each other in the sense that they both annoy the crap out of me. I'm so over McDreamy. He is too whiny to me. I kinda like the storyline for Callie and Hahn. It seems sweet. And I agree that I like Callie with her curlier hair.

I love love the military doc. I tend to overidentify with Christina's character and totally find myself attracted to risk takers and innovators like she. So, I totally got how turned on she was by him when he took the staples to his wound minus medication. So hot.

Jury is still out for me on Lexie and heck even George. Izzy...I hope she works on her character being stronger and just some lovestruck doc.

I'm bummed that I have to wait 2 weeks for the next epi. dry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
turbojenn
post Sep 26 2008, 04:41 PM
Post #43

Hardcore BUSTie

OMG, I am SO happy that GA is back on the air, even if it becomes more soapy by the minute....I think its a little like Ally McBeal for the medical set - I mean, really - stabbed by an icicle???? Come on. Still, if that's what it took to have Kevin McKidd come in and stitch her up...I am all in! I drooled over him in HBO's Rome series, and I think he'd be a great addition to the staff. I'm guessing he'll be back...the trauma center just got dropped to level 2, and here's the hottie trauma surgeon stapling his own ass! YUM.

Yup, Christina is still my favorite character above all...she's strong, and fragile, and brilliant...and damn, I want her hair!!

Totally agree on Callie's hair...just looked a little flat last night.

And Go Chief!!! I can't wait to see where this one is going....though he really needs to get over his torturing of Meredith - yes she's special, but he edges on emotional abuse from time to time....dude needs some help with transference.

Mmmmm.....McDreamy. Certainly wasn't enough of him on this epi.

+Quote Post
thirtiesgirl
post Sep 26 2008, 01:35 AM
Post #44

Hardcore BUSTie

Yeah, it was a lot to take in...and, I have to admit, kind of a draggy episode. It could have been edited a bit. I do find Meredith's character to be very neurotic, but as a self-confessed committment-phobe myself, I can identify with her character. I just don't talk about it as much. And I think Lexi was an interesting addition to the show. I mean, what a position for her to be in: unappreciated half sister of the "golden girl" surgeon, coming to intern at the same hospital where her sister works...that *has* to be tough. But she does it with a lot of personal strength, I think. Her character does, I should say. And yeah, Izzy drives me a little crazy...partially because she's so open with her heart, and I often wish I wasn't so damn cynical and could be that open myself. But I really didn't like how she was with George, convincing herself she was in love with him, enough so that he believed it, too. I know she wasn't intentionally trying to fuck things up, but she was so damn needy and didn't control her feelings before she made a mess of things. Which wasn't the most adult thing to do. But then neither is Alex's shit that he's doing, too. Such an f-ing reactionary jerk. Yeah, I get that he's hurt and damaged and all that, but, I mean, shit. Is he ever going to grow up and stop being such a boy-man?

Christina's still my favorite, unapologetically going for both career and her man (or at least she did when Burke was around). I hope the military guy comes back and Christina has another chance to prove to herself that she can go for it all and not get screwed over by another overly-sensitive egotist like Burke. And am I the only person who thinks Callie needs to cut her bangs again? I think she looked so much hotter with her rock chick bangs and not this straight, hair-tucked-behind-the-ears 'do that she's sporting now. Bleh. It's a snore.

And McSteamy just keeps getting hotter with every episode. I don't care if he's just on the show for looks. I could look at him all day.

--------------------
I'm no model lady. A model's just an imitation of the real thing.
-Mae West

+Quote Post
konphusion26
post Sep 25 2008, 10:35 PM
Post #45

Hardcore BUSTie

That was definitely a lot to take in all at once. LOL I don't even know where to begin. I will say this show is becoming more and more like the soap operas - everyone has slept with or is sleeping with everyone else. First off, so dang happy Rose is out of the picture (for now anyway)! I never liked her character. The whole episode was tense. I was biting my nails the whole time.

~I'm glad Christina got some action for a change. Hopefully that guy will become part of the regular lineup. I've seen him on another show, I like his acting.

~I'm sick of Izzy's jumping from man to man *I kinda understand why she does it though*.

~George and Lexi - blah! Two spastic people might just work lol

~Happy for Callie and Erica, even though I have no idea where that whole thing is going.

~Alex is just fighting the good guy role. I think in the end, he'll come to his senses.

~Derek and Meredith - I'm ready for the cat and mouse to end. Mer needs to get her act together quick.

~I love Bailey's attitude. She cracks me up. Can't wait to see what happens with her and Tucker.

~And the Chief, well its about time he put his foot down!! Those people are wild! I wonder what will happen with he and his wife this season.

Dang, did I leave anybody out?? I feel like an addict waiting for my next fix!! Now they're talking about the next episode is in 2 wks. GAAAAAH!!

--------------------
Faith is hoping for and believing in things you cannot see!

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Sep 25 2008, 10:06 PM
Post #46

brown delicious

thanks gt!

so, um, who watched it? the show just ended.

--------------------

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Sep 25 2008, 09:58 PM
Post #47

new highs in personal lows daily!

bump for freckle wub.gif whom i lurve.

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve

+Quote Post
thirtiesgirl
post Jul 8 2008, 09:46 AM
Post #48

Hardcore BUSTie

I don't know about the hook-ups being the kiss of death for the show. I think Meredith has a lot more work to do on herself, and this is just the beginning for her and McDreamy. She made a couple major breakthroughs in her therapy sessions (namely, that she *wants* to get better and is beginning to get tired of her old patterns, not to mention, her discovery about her mother). And we've got to find out what's going to happen in the aftermath of Izzy's realization that she's not as in love with George as she thought. I mean, she screwed up his marriage because of it, and personally, I don't think she's done paying for that mistake.

Not to mention, I still hope to see Christina get more in touch with her feelings, although I have to admit, she's one of my favorite characters. She's *so* in love with her career and her success...yes, at the cost of all else... I mean, Momma Burke coming back to basically tell Christina that the reason she couldn't "keep a man" is because the double standard of either/or for women (either love or career...never both at the same time, god forbid!) is still very much in play definitely gave Christina some food for thought. But I loved it that Christina kept going, didn't give up her dreams of maintaining her edge as a surgeon (although Hahn, that dream-crushing, overconfident battle axe tried to knock it out of her), and finally started to put her issues with Burke behind her.

But I don't think they're done yet. I still think they have a lot more to go, many more issues to cover.

--------------------
I'm no model lady. A model's just an imitation of the real thing.
-Mae West

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post Jun 30 2008, 08:26 AM
Post #49

sassygrrl

I also got really sad at the end, but I'm not liking everyone hooking up.

+Quote Post
lananans
post Jun 24 2008, 07:43 AM
Post #50

Hardcore BUSTie

Well I know I was very close to crying in the finale. Even though I know that when characters hook up it is the kiss of death for a show, I'm glad that it looks like Meredith and Derek are going to get back together. However, that's not for sure -- he went back to end it with the nurse chick - I don't trust that....

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post Jun 12 2008, 07:07 PM
Post #51

sassygrrl

Any thoughts on the season finale?

+Quote Post
konphusion26
post Jan 12 2008, 02:15 PM
Post #52

Hardcore BUSTie

Thursday's episode almost made me cry. It was intense, but I was tearing up because I know this was the last one until that strike is over. What will we do ladies????? I"m addicted to this show, and I need my fix.

--------------------

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Jan 11 2008, 09:31 AM
Post #53

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

wow.

I really like the character development in this episode and the interactions.

I liked that there was more Callie; I've missed her.

I like Rose; she's cute. I'm not sure about Hahn; I didn't like her during the episode but at the end when she told Sloane that she has to leave who she is outside out of her job, I understood her more.

I heart Bailey.

Lexi doesn't annoy me and thought she was sweet in this ep (if a little responsible as a doctor with a known allergy). It's cute that her and George are going to move in together.

Yay for some dark Alex stuff and his cuteness with Izzy (" she brightens you", "shut up". hee)

Yay too for Cristina showing some heart!

Meredith and Derek's continual back and forward annoys me; I'm glad he's going to date Rose and that him and Mer said some things but I'm undecided whether I liked that he called her bluff or if it annoyed me... I can understand why he did it but no, she's not going to trust him if he kisses other girls and doesn't tell her so what does he expect? Meredith needs to get a grip though.

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post Jan 10 2008, 11:12 AM
Post #54

sassygrrl

Yay! It looks like a good one too. smile.gif

+Quote Post
freckleface7
post Jan 10 2008, 10:50 AM
Post #55

beachcomber

it's on tonight (Betty too first) !!

--------------------
I'm gonna let it shine

+Quote Post
konphusion26
post Dec 13 2007, 03:22 PM
Post #56

Hardcore BUSTie

With this writers strike, we're going to be left hanging gals. I heard on tv they were scheduled for one more episode before the New Year, but because of the strike that's not happening either. BLAH!!! I am addicted to that show, and now they've taken it away from me *tear*... sad.gif What will we do without them??

George and Izzy... blech!!!! dry.gif They upset me anyway. I'm glad they didnt work out. Derek and the nurse...maybe. Still partial to looney Meredith. I dont know what to do with Lexie or Christina. They aren't my favorite characters.

But Private Practice is sexy, funny, its just a damn good show. And they're probably done for the season too cuz of the strike WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!! sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
divaintraining
post Dec 13 2007, 03:09 PM
Post #57

Hardcore BUSTie

Ya, im glad that george and izzy arent together---i thought that was a bit weird

i wish meredith would just get her act together, b/c mcdreamy is gonna go to the nurse lady and thats gonna be more drama..

of course, this is a drama-show--so i mean what do u expect??

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Dec 7 2007, 11:09 AM
Post #58

I really liked last night's episode. It was good to see that the kick ass surgeons can fuck up too, that they are fallible and not just the interns/first yr residents.

Meredith grew as a person and is no longer shutting people out.

Izzy and George realised it's not working, which is good. It icks me seeing them together as know they are such good friends IRL.

I felt the chemistry between Derek and the nurse but we all know that he'll return to Meredith eventually.

I want Alex to get his shit together and be with someone secure who won't mess him up further. Although I liked the sweetness between him and Lexi in previous episodes.

konphusion, I love Private Practice! It's really improved from the pilot (which was meh) and I love the chemistry between the characters and the sexiness, quirkiness and humour in each show. I also have a crush on ALL of the male characters.

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post
konphusion26
post Dec 6 2007, 06:48 PM
Post #59

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(sassygrrl @ Nov 19 2007, 11:45 PM) *
I think Derek should go for the nurse.
I want Izzie and George also to stop having sex, because it's sort of gross to me. They remind me too much of a brother and sister relationship.
Also, picked up a gay vibe from Dr. Hahn.
I'm really happy for Dr. Bailey. But, I'm confused of where they're going to take Callie's character.
I can relate a little about Meredith shutting Lexie out. But, Lexie annoys the fuck out of me.
Is it weird that I miss Dr. Montgomery Shepherd??

I agree with everything you said! Meredith is playing games with Derek's head. She's pretty selfish. Izzie and George disgust me to the highest level. I didnt think Hahn was gay, just thought she saw through McSteamy!! I like Dr. Bailey, and I like Callie, but i saw that coming. I knew Callie wouldnt last as chief resident! But I love Callie's character. I hope she stays on the show.

Lexie IS annoying and a lil overbearing... how do you show up and expect someone to accept you as their sister when they dont know you. Thats a tough pill to swallow for Meredith... you know how she is!

Dr. Montgomery Shepherd is much better on Private Practice. I think that was a good move for her! That's an awesome show by the way.

--------------------

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Dec 6 2007, 05:59 PM
Post #60

There should be an ep tonight (Crash Into Me pt. 2) and another after the Christmas.

--------------------

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 15, 2014 - 10:27 PM