271 Pages V  « < 142 143 144 145 146 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
arj75
post Sep 2 2007, 05:22 AM
Post #2861

Hardcore BUSTie

pympmama1,

Does yours just never go away? or does it just reoccur?

I think I have the solution for single women....find a virgin (while this may be much more difficult than finding a cure for bv...the man isn't gonna have a clue as to what a normal vagina smells like anyways. lol

Or, find yourself a fisherman, (the one that makes $$$$ and risks his life so we can eat craps and certain fish) hey, obviously, the smell doesn't bother them..or they wouldn't be able to do their job's. lol

Italianwife,

Penis soaks...hmmm never would have thought about that. I would grap your man's macho ass and make him read up. Sometimes seeing is believing.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pympmama1
post Sep 2 2007, 03:29 AM
Post #2862

BUSTie

You know came to vent...... I am fed up with this crap... I have had this problem off and on since I was 10..... I eat lots of veggies... admittedly i don't buy that much fruit... which i should start... I don't eat a lot of red meat maybe once a month if that... I do love bread..... thomas bagel squares are what I use to make a sandwich for my lunch. I have carrots and tomatoes for a snack everyday...I eat alot of chicken(boneless because the ones on the bone looks like it had a mother) hummus and pita occasionally... Do love coffee( I have made friends at the local starbucks they know my drink by heart).... I have a weight problem which i should not have because I eat veggie with every meal except breakfast... it is hard to chew that early.and I don't eat sugary snacks.... .... Now that I wrote all this down I can see a few thing I could take out of my diet and add.... to help me get more enzymes.....

You know I met a nice guy and we are kind a getting to know each other..... but soon as I think about the fishy Frito's in my pants... I want to stop talking to him because if we get to that point he is going to think I am a nasty girl that don't shower....or is diseased ( i have been tested 4 everything under the sun and I don't have anything but bv) I do not remember which chic mentioned Oprah... she may have a point

I am going to die fat and alone with cats...

+Quote Post
Italianwife88
post Sep 1 2007, 08:14 PM
Post #2863

BUSTie

haha! I hid all the papers! I'm only 19 so im still young enough to do something like hide the papers. My family is talking to me, they just dont understand why i did it. yes... that was sad dear

+Quote Post
neverending
post Sep 1 2007, 05:59 PM
Post #2864

Hardcore BUSTie

I did the same thing to my mom. My husband and I got married behind her back and she was not happy. I don't think anyone in my family talked to me for I think a year or so. How funny. The way she found out was that it was printed in the paper. I know, SAD!

+Quote Post
Italianwife88
post Sep 1 2007, 10:02 AM
Post #2865

BUSTie

hi guys, its been a while since I've posted, sorry Ive been very busy. I moved out of my moms house and finally told her i got married behind her back in April. lol she wasn't too happy but now i am.

down to business...

Remember about 2 months back i started taking boric acid suppositories? yeah those didn't work. The minute i was off those everything was back full fledge. I started reading about probiotics (which i haven't tried yet) and about some home remedies and last night I started one i found about hydrogen peroxide.

take a 30 cc (ml) oral syringe fill it with 3 cc of peroxide and the rest with distilled water,insert about a inch into vagina and gently push liquid in.

i did that last night tilting my hips up while i lay down and this morning the smell seems to be gone.

the site also mentioned you could do a ONE TIME treatment of 30cc full peroxide.

looking for the link now......:: http://www.gentlebirth.org/archives/vagInf....html#Vaginosis

The website says that symptoms go away in a few days and only should reappear if there were some other heath problems or if she was re infected from intercourse which then the male would do a penile soak of the same (peroxide)

In my opinion my husband should do the soak, but i don't know how to tell him that. he is Italian...he has a big ego...hes not sick i am. (thats what he believes) one time he showed signs of having the infection too and i couldn't even get him to rub monistat on it.... *sigh*

Even though this site is mostly talking about infection in prego women with strep b, i think the information is helpful.

ive also started drinking oatstraw tea for immune boost and im going to try the tea tree oil on a tampon for 24 hours and see what happens after that.

ok thats all for now

<3

+Quote Post
arj75
post Aug 31 2007, 01:23 PM
Post #2866

Hardcore BUSTie

CANCAN did you see the article I found stating that 17 new species were found in women with BV? None of these were in healthy womens flora. So who knows what we are messing with. I haven't looked for any research after that study which was dated 2005....

As far as the diet...heres the beef....

50% raw food diet ...women who eat processed or artificially sweetened foods four days a week, or who regularly use prescription or over-the-counter drugs, should start at this level. ( I dislike fake sugar...think it's toxic..but that's just my opinion)

This gives a body that's low in enzymes production time to heal without causing discomfort or fatigue. Once your feely energized..you can up your raw food for even faster weight loss.

example: small bowl of fresh fruit (upone waking)

20 minutes later:

1 scrambled egg and 2 slices toast with fresh avocado slices

Midday snack

fruit of your choice

Lunch:
At least 1 cup raw-veggie salad with store bought salad dressing ( I disagree..think you should make your own..lol)
One whole-wheat pita filled with thin slices of lean deli meat, 2 thin slices cheese, mustard and unlimited sprouts

snack1
8 oz yogurt

snack 2 unlimited baby carrots and green or red lemonade..(damn theres recipes for both) It says lemonades nourish the pancreas and liver

I've been wanting a jiucer for a while..guess I will get one...

Green lemonade 2 celery stalks, 6 spinach leaves, 1 or 2 apples and one inch to two inch piece of fresh ginger

Red lemonade I medium beet, 4 large carrots, one to 2 apples, 1 lemon and one to 2 pieces of ginger

Dinner:
At least 1 cup raw-veggie salad with store bought dressing..
grilled chicken with 1/2 cup brown rice and half cup black beanssimered in onions, garlic, cilantro

dessert: 1/2 ice cream!!!!!!!!!!

Women who are already eating whole grains and at least one serving of fruit and vegetables daily can begin at this level

Upon rising: one glass warm water with lemon

breafast: fresh fruit of your choice or fresh sqeezed fruit juice

midday snack:
fresh fruit of your choice

lunch: Spinach, pear and walnut salad with olive oil and apple cider vinegar (i think the vinegar triggers my bv...but I can't prove it...I just know I really like to eat it..in anything lol
a small roll of crusty bread (it doesn't say this..but I think we all know white bread sucks

snack unlimited baby carrots

dinner: At least one-cup raw veggie salad with homemade carrot-ginger dressing (recipe 2 carrots, grated, 2 TBS. apple cider vinegar, 1 TBs freshly grated horseradish and 1 pork chop seasoned with rosemary, garlic salt and black pepper with side of steamed asparagus

dessert 1/3 DARK chocolate bar thats at least 70 percent cocoa

90% raw foods - lose up 2 10 pounds weekly

upon rising glass of lemon water

breakfast- fresh fruit or fresh sqeezed fruit juice

midday snack
fresh fruit

lunch 2 slices grain sprouted bread with avocado slices; raw food bar like wild bar? what? lol

snack unlimited baby carrots and green or red lemonade

dinner 1 cup salad homemade carrot-ginger dressing
4 oz tuna (grilled) with lightly steamed veggie medley

dessert: warm pears drizzled with agave nectar

almost 3 years ago for a noble prize..??? Thats sad.. Is that a prize world-wide..or just in US (sorry..don't know much about that...

+Quote Post
neverending
post Aug 31 2007, 01:15 PM
Post #2867

Hardcore BUSTie

Something interesting!

Doctor builds new, more natural vagina
Operation uses stem cells to help women with rare congenital syndrome

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18942828/

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Aug 31 2007, 12:35 PM
Post #2868

Hardcore BUSTie

I decided to go to nobelprize.org, just out of curiousity to see what they guys are being awarded with:

[The Nobel Assembly at Karolinska Institutet has today decided to award The Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine for 2005 jointly to Barry J. Marshall and J. Robin Warren
for their discovery of "the bacterium Helicobacter pylori and its role in gastritis and peptic ulcer disease".

Summary: This year's Nobel Laureates in Physiology or Medicine made the remarkable and unexpected discovery that inflammation in the stomach (gastritis) as well as ulceration of the stomach or duodenum (peptic ulcer disease) is the result of an infection of the stomach caused by the bacterium Helicobacter pylori.]

So there it is. You have to be a genius to figure this stuff out. The nobel prize was only given to these guys in 2005! By the time they figure out our Gardnerella and how/why it proliferates, we will all be 6 feet under.

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post Aug 31 2007, 12:32 PM
Post #2869

Hardcore BUSTie

i'm not here to help i'm here to complain because i'm PISSED OFF! what is wrong with me?! i've tried everything... hp, flagyl vaginally, prescribed antibiotics, boric acid, b vitamins, probiotics. i took the vagisil infection test which said my ph is normal but still have a lot of discharge and a not good smell. i don't get it! it doesn't make sense. i'm stuck with this forever and right now i don't even know what the hell it is!!! sad.gif

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Aug 31 2007, 12:17 PM
Post #2870

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(arj75 @ Aug 31 2007, 11:23 AM) *
Oh yeah, if you all are thinking enzymes are needed for hormone formation..your right.

If your thinking enzymes are needed to form anti-mircrobial peptides (fights against microrganisms) your right.

Google hormone formation + enzymes or antimicrobial peptides and see if your not bombarded with information.

Pretty big can of worms.

Thanks for the info! Great. More stuff to read. I am so tired of reading all the time about this sh*t. I am not a doctor, nor a scientist. And if I wanted to be one I would be one already. No wonder doctors don't know much, and can't help us...... there is just too much to read. And it's all so intricately related to each other, they would have to be geniuses to put it all together. Which clearly most of them are not. I mean, if someone figured it out, they would be a Nobel Prize winner.

So what is the bottom line here? That we need to eat more raw food because it is high in enzymes?? Or can I just take enzyme capsules?

+Quote Post
arj75
post Aug 31 2007, 11:44 AM
Post #2871

Hardcore BUSTie

So I have been reading the many different opinions about enzymes. ...some say it's quack..some say it's true. Europe buys into it.

I can see it from both directions...we either have the enzymes, or don't. Some researchers say there is no way to create enzymes syntheticly or by adding them from supplements. ( But again Europe does) If our livers are harmed by drugs, illegal or legal..harmed by pesticides..chemicals, then our enzyme activity will be effected.

Have many women here have allergies to wheat or barley? The quacks that have spent their life studying enzyme activity say it is because the person doesn't have enough enzymes needed to break this down correctly.

There are disorders (rare) where certain enzymes are not found in the body period.

I have read ..a long time ago ..that antimicrobial peptides like wheat and barley. (I don't have this allergy..but I'm sure some women at this forum do.

+Quote Post
brandils
post Aug 31 2007, 09:49 AM
Post #2872

BUSTie

Hi everybody,

I am new to this thread. I have been reading for a while and have started the folic acid and B6 regiman. I also just bought femmesil. I just finished my monthly and thought I was getting that awful smell so I started using the femmesil yesterday. It says it should work within 2 days so what the hell I have tried everything else. I will keep you posted on how it works. I was wondering if anyone had an idea to make our problem more known so that maybe more research would get started on it. I have thought about writing the Oprah show when she has the ob-gyn come on and answer questions. I figure if it is on Oprah then at least some attention is being brought to this awful problem. We should not have to suffer longer because the doctors of the world don't think this is important. I am going to try and find some websites that will get the word to the research people. I will let you know if I find any!!! sad.gif

+Quote Post
arj75
post Aug 31 2007, 09:06 AM
Post #2873

Hardcore BUSTie

Oh yeah, if you all are thinking enzymes are needed for hormone formation..your right.

If your thinking enzymes are needed to form anti-mircrobial peptides (fights against microrganisms) your right.

Google hormone formation + enzymes or antimicrobial peptides and see if your not bombarded with information.

Pretty big can of worms.

+Quote Post
arj75
post Aug 31 2007, 07:04 AM
Post #2874

Hardcore BUSTie

I do not have problems of being overweight..I'm under weight. I have issues with milk products. I found this article in that same magazine that I read about that infection that can happen in our small intestines (SIBS)
..anyways...

I don't think "your grasping at straws' when dicussings enzymes
I would list the source of reference..but my son tore the front cover off. (I think it was womens health)

A forgotten and misunderstood deficiency is making 76 percent of American women tired, heavy, and at increased risk for major illness. (The article is titled "The enzyme cure")

Most know enzymes aren't nutrients but catalysts..they act to trigger bonding compounds..the enzymes are not changed. The article gives an example of this ..

An specific enzyme may trigger folic acid to join a molecule of cholesterol embedded in an artery wall so the fat may dissolve properly.

It says there are 1,300 different types of enymes (I imagina there are many more..but that's just my opinion) they all each have specific funtion or specialized.

Although there's been solid research since the 1920's proving enzymes are essential to health, mainstream medical practice has ignored it.

Without them gas or discomfort will result (when talking digestion issues)

A larger class of enymes called metabolic enzymes - critical to alleviating tireness, burning fat. They are also brokers that minimize our risk for heart disease and diabetes. Enymes are produced by our livers and pancreas.

When our bodies don't have enough digestive enzymes the organs stop making enzymes and the reactions are "put on hold"

The lack of the enzymes puts stress on the liver and pancreas...because the need the engergy produced from the reactions to perform other functions such as detoxification, blood sugar, and controling burning fats.

What can help??? Its says eating raw foods or supplementing can restore enzyme levels.

If its processed..its not worth eating in many aspects..the enzymes are gone..along with destroyed nutrients (might as well just eat paper)

Stress lowers the bodies energy stores, making enzymes less efficient.

Chew each bite 20 times (gives food longer exposure to salivary enzymes - which is the starting process of fat break down. Less undigested food goes to the gut, therefore relieves stress put on the pracreas and liver.

Fill up on fresh fruit in morning. The body's inclination to metabolize fat and convert sugar peaks at 6 am to noon (according to experts) Fruit is easily digested..body needs less stored enzymes to process it. Fruits are rich in enymes.

Eat a raw salad before cooked meals (enzymes are can be destroyed by cooking)

Sip veggie juice in the afternoon - vegetables are rich in helpful plant enymes. The fibers in juice have been removed so enzymes can react quickly breakdown undigested foods. It suggest afternoon sipping because plant sugars can prevent cravings.

There's more to this article..It lists samples of foods..but my fake nails are a major pain in the ass..and it took me way to long to type that. (I'm off to salon)

The women that went on the "enzyme diet" was a doctor, after exercising like a mad woman, dieting and more dieting..nothing was helping.. (This did. She is a doctor herself.)

Have a good day everyone!

+Quote Post
pympmama1
post Aug 31 2007, 03:53 AM
Post #2875

BUSTie

I want to ask two question...... of the people on the board....

How many here battle a weight problem ? or did have a weight problem prior to gastric bypass

How many can't have milk for various reasons

I am curious because I noticed while reading several of the post that some people here may have somethings in common other then just the bv
maybe a commonality with no milk and a weight problem for a cause of bv
i don't know I am grabbing at straws....

+Quote Post
pympmama1
post Aug 31 2007, 03:35 AM
Post #2876

BUSTie

QUOTE(neverending @ Aug 28 2007, 03:22 PM) *
I was wondering if anyone else here is lactose intolerant?

I am not lactose intolerant.. but I cannot have whole milk. I can have cheese but not milk. The milk causes gas in my chest and it causes me stomach cramps.
When I was little I could have milk but in the last 7yrs my body does not respond well to the bacteria in milk. I can yogurt and cheese. What my doctor told me is that when you get older your my body does not process the enzyme in milk, so i went soy. Now I think I might switch to rice milk because soy isn't good for your body.

+Quote Post
user12
post Aug 30 2007, 07:12 PM
Post #2877

QUOTE(neverending @ Aug 30 2007, 07:35 PM) *
USER12: Stay on top of them. Make sure he/she does his or her job. I would go up there if I were you.Anyway, welcome to the board!

thanks, neverending.

Well, I decided to run down to the pharmacy and see what was going on...found out that the pharmacist did call, but he had to leave a message and didnt get a response back. blah. so, i asked that he calls back tomorrow. and i'll run down during lunch break and see what's going on. fun. I really hope this works out.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Aug 30 2007, 06:18 PM
Post #2878

Hardcore BUSTie

USER12: Stay on top of them. Make sure he/she does his or her job. I would go up there if I were you.Anyway, welcome to the board!

+Quote Post
user12
post Aug 30 2007, 04:53 PM
Post #2879

First post, been lurking for awhile...

in the past, I tried clindesse. didn't work. I tried clindamycin. didnt work. then i tried the b6 regime that was discussed here..didnt work..

acidophilus pills did REALLY make the smell go away, though.

but i figured it was time to suck it up and demand a flagyl prescription...the side effects do not sound pleasant. But perhaps flagyl and continuing to take the probiotics would finally make this problem go away

i went to my doctor's, but i had to see a nurse practitioner because my original doctor had left the office. whatever. i didnt care. i just wanted help...

the nurse told me that i'm paranoid..that my problem isnt that bad...that this is normal...and that 'i'm young, just wait til all the problems you'll have when you're older'

i felt kinda dumb...but whatever. gimme the prescription and i'm out.

too bad she messed up the prescription. my pharmacist said he'd call my doctor today and get it sorted out, then call me when it's ready to pick up

now im worried that something went wrong..again. what if he never calls? should i stop by tomorrow and just check if its ready? does flagyl take awhile to get? gah.

this is such a pain, let me tell you.

+Quote Post
arj75
post Aug 30 2007, 07:03 AM
Post #2880

Hardcore BUSTie

I googled vaginal beta strep infections, found a question that was asked about it. The women that replied...I think she said that she wasn't a doctor...but she attached serveral links for the women's husband who asked the question. Her symtoms were irritation and itching.

Of course, as always, there are different opinions about this strep infection. As to where or how you became a carrier or how one was infected. Then it went from saying no need to worry....then another that said it's been linked to UTI"S.
Anyone who knows are thinks that they may be a carrier might like to read it (if they haven't already)

Morphia- have you seen any dermologists? Might be something to consider.

Some researchers believe the beta strep was picked up by women at the OB or gyno office..hmmmm then they say that men cannot pass it to us..which is confusing...I mean if you can "catch it" at a doctors office..then why is it impossible for the man to transfer it to us? Maybe they don't carry it or have this bacteria in the flora?? dunno.

It was said that many women (up to 30%) carry it, but mainly it just hangs out in the gastro tract, throat and rectum..it's when it gets into the urinary tract or vagina that it may cause concern (mainly out of fear of the women passing it the fetus during delivery)

It also said that you may be a carrier now, but 10 years from now...not be??

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=323091

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 142 143 144 145 146 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 27, 2014 - 04:40 AM