271 Pages V  « < 172 173 174 175 176 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
bvgirl
post May 22 2007, 05:57 PM
Post #3461

BUSTie

QUOTE(sassy @ May 22 2007, 01:28 PM) *
mfc10: I LOVE boric acid. It is the only thing that has ever helped my BV. I use it now so that I can maintain a somewhat normal sex life. And yes, it is the same thing as Yeast Arrest, but it's a lot cheaper to make your own capsules.

The boric acid in the yeast arrest suppositories have worked great for me too. I have been off of yeast arrest for almost a month and no smell. I will continue to use it for maintaining. I have not tried the capsules yet. I am open to other products to try when or if the yeast arrest fails me.

--------------------
BVGIRL

GOD BLESS YOU ALL......

I will be around......
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ilovehim
post May 22 2007, 05:00 PM
Post #3462

BUSTie

QUOTE(maho @ May 22 2007, 05:55 PM) *
I'm really curious to know what your doctors have said about this, and what treatments they've prescribed for you.

Bacterial Vaginosis caused by repeated douching. I've taken repeated courses of flagyl both vaginally and orally, and clindamicin (sp?) I've had the yeast every single time I take antibiotics, and like I said it's just a vicious cyle that has NO end.

--------------------
[font="Garamond"][/font][size="2"][/size]&hearts; Yours Truly...

+Quote Post
Morphia
post May 22 2007, 04:56 PM
Post #3463

Hardcore BUSTie

So, I went to my doctor on the 18th to be checked for any infection and for the colpo. They do a wet prep, right? And my doctor says its inconclusive. Then they do the affirm which shows only bv. Well, I called the nurse for a prescription of diflucan as a preventative since I'm going to be on this Flagyl for 14 days. She calls me back saying, "I don't know why you wanted the diflucan because we didn't find any yeast....oh, yes we did. We saw it on the wet prep..." So I called back all confused and I asked her about it and told her that the doc said it was inconclusive. Now she's telling me that the wet prep showed a "tiny bit of yeast" but it didn't show up on the affirm. What the FUCK!? Bv that shows up on the affirm but not the wet prep? Yeast that shows up on the wet prep but not the affirm? I'm extremely upset right now. I thought I was only going to have to battle bv but it looks like I'm going to have to battle both because I was on diflucan when I was diagnosed with this "yeast." I'd like to use a yeast cream along with the diflucan but I can't since I'm all cut up in there. :'( I'm sorry, but I'm more than a little upset right now.

This scares the hell out of me because according to something I just read pretty much the only species of yeast that can survive in a pH as high as mine is C. Glabrata or other resistant strains.

+Quote Post
lori
post May 22 2007, 04:41 PM
Post #3464

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jenniferg @ May 22 2007, 02:56 PM) *
Lori: Where do you get the fem-dophilus? Do you have to order online or are there any stores that carry it?

Hey Jennifer. I have detailed info. about this in my blog - the link is in my sig.

--------------------

+Quote Post
maho
post May 22 2007, 04:38 PM
Post #3465

QUOTE(ilovehim @ May 22 2007, 03:14 PM) *
I honesty believe that I have the worst case (people literally have to hold their nose while sitting next to me.) I had a baby via cesarian section in July. I thank God that I had a C-section; I think the BV would have been way worse if I hadn't. The BV was present throughout the whole pregnancy and got SEVERE when I started having sex again when I was about 4 months postpartum.

I'm just SOOOO tired of people critisizing (sp?) me saying i'm NASTY and "BURNING". It's humiliating, it's really bringing me down. I'm still way too young, I deserve to live a life full of happiness, along my family and friends. But it just seems so impossible at this point in my life. I wanna die.

[b]I wanna be able to sit down and not have to cross my legs for once.[/b sad.gif ]That's all I ask!

I'm really curious to know what your doctors have said about this, and what treatments they've prescribed for you.

+Quote Post
ilovehim
post May 22 2007, 03:57 PM
Post #3466

BUSTie

QUOTE(arj75 @ May 22 2007, 07:41 AM) *
Also, I thought it was very strange that ilovehim has had yeast infections since she was a baby. Yeast can be passed from the mother to the child. From what I have read about her past..she seems to have the worst case of this bv here.

I honesty believe that I have the worst case (people literally have to hold their nose while sitting next to me.) I had a baby via cesarian section in July. I thank God that I had a C-section; I think the BV would have been way worse if I hadn't. The BV was present throughout the whole pregnancy and got SEVERE when I started having sex again when I was about 4 months postpartum.

I'm just SOOOO tired of people critisizing (sp?) me saying i'm NASTY and "BURNING". It's humiliating, it's really bringing me down. I'm still way too young, I deserve to live a life full of happiness, along my family and friends. But it just seems so impossible at this point in my life. I wanna die.

[b]I wanna be able to sit down and not have to cross my legs for once.[/b sad.gif ]That's all I ask!

--------------------

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post May 22 2007, 03:57 PM
Post #3467

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jenniferg @ May 22 2007, 05:56 PM) *
Lori: Where do you get the fem-dophilus? Do you have to order online or are there any stores that carry it?

go go iherb.com and search for it. they ship it in an iced package so it doesn't go bad. because you need to keep it refrigerated. and it's cheaper there than most places. that's where lori and i both bought ours, she got hers already and i just ordered mine today so i hopefully will have it soon.

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post May 22 2007, 03:54 PM
Post #3468

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ May 22 2007, 04:50 PM) *
SINCE YOU ALL SEEM TO WANT TO QUOTE UN QUOTE ME, LET'S GET IT STRAIGHT ON WHAT I SAID. I SAID...QUOTE....KEY WORDS HERE....."IF YOU HAVE TRUE, RE-OCCURING B.V., I HATE TO BE THE BARRIER OF BAD NEWS, BUT THE FLAGYL, ORALLY WON'T WORK." KEY WORDS, IF YOU HAVE TRUE RE-OCCURING B.V. And that right there, you can take to the bank. THERE IS NO CURE. That is why we all have to try what works for us. BORIC ACID GAVE ME A RASH SO BAD, MY ARMS WERE BLEEDING. BUT...Do I tell you all to stop saying to use it???? NOOOOO, WHY NOT?? Because it works for some of you.

THEN I SAID, QUOTE...."FOR ME....FLAGYL VAGINALLY IS THE ONLY SOLUTION RIGHT NOW". So for those of you who said I didn't say, FOR ME, FUCKING READ. Lori, I'm sick of your ass. You think you're helpfull, and you're not.

Thanks to all the Private PM's, I received. I will keep in contact with you all.

sorry jewels, i didn't go back and read exactly what you said before i wrote that. (i don't go back and read every little detail of what someone said just to prove an argument.) i wasn't really paying attention to what you said, but what she said that you said. i wasn't trying to make you mad or anything.

+Quote Post
jenniferg
post May 22 2007, 03:39 PM
Post #3469

BUSTie

QUOTE(lori @ May 22 2007, 02:16 PM) *
I'm using fem-dophilus.

I've been taking fem-dophilus twice a day since Feb. and I have been feeling great. I've even been to my gyno, and she checked my discharge and told me it looked fine. This is the longest time I've gone without having BV, or on the verge of getting it - during the last 7 years. As I explained before, when I have BV, I also have a dull pain in my cervix. So not only am I happy to be free of the smelly-snatch-problem, I'm also thrilled to be pain free.

I hesitate calling this the cure, because I'm always going to be paranoid about it, I'll always be sniffing my panties like a crazy person. But I'm feeling really good. I'm feeling so good I'm going to start taking fem-dophilus only once a day now, with my fingers crossed, of course.

I think the best, most sensible medical explanation for the neverending cycle of recurrences is that the antibiotics mess with our flora, and we get reinfected. So I think probiotics is definitely something that can help everyone in here (just make sure to stay away from Gy-natren).

+Quote Post
ilovehim
post May 22 2007, 03:29 PM
Post #3470

BUSTie

QUOTE(jenniferg @ May 21 2007, 11:29 PM) *
That sounds just like me...I was wondering why whenever I take it I start getting really depressed. It must be the Flagyl.

Me three!

--------------------

+Quote Post
lori
post May 22 2007, 02:59 PM
Post #3471

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(anitsirhc @ May 22 2007, 11:58 AM) *
oh that's a good idea! because i always forget to take my regular daily vitamins too. what exactly are you using right now for your bv? i don't even know.

I'm using fem-dophilus.

I've been taking fem-dophilus twice a day since Feb. and I have been feeling great. I've even been to my gyno, and she checked my discharge and told me it looked fine. This is the longest time I've gone without having BV, or on the verge of getting it - during the last 7 years. As I explained before, when I have BV, I also have a dull pain in my cervix. So not only am I happy to be free of the smelly-snatch-problem, I'm also thrilled to be pain free.

I hesitate calling this the cure, because I'm always going to be paranoid about it, I'll always be sniffing my panties like a crazy person. But I'm feeling really good. I'm feeling so good I'm going to start taking fem-dophilus only once a day now, with my fingers crossed, of course.

I think the best, most sensible medical explanation for the neverending cycle of recurrences is that the antibiotics mess with our flora, and we get reinfected. So I think probiotics is definitely something that can help everyone in here (just make sure to stay away from Gy-natren).

--------------------

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post May 22 2007, 02:33 PM
Post #3472

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ May 22 2007, 02:41 AM) *
If you have true, re-occuring B.V., I hate to be the barrier of bad news, but the Flagyl, orally, won't work. It will VERY temporarily, but you will get a yeast infection, and your B.V. will return. If this is a one time case for you, then you might get lucky and it will work.

For me, Flagyl vaginally is the ONLY solution right now. Mine is gone. And, I'm not doing any preventative either.

I've had reoccuring B.V. now for 5 going on 6 yrs. And this is the first time, I've gone MONTHS, with no smell. Even after sex.

So...The solutions are here girls, Flagyl Vaginally, Estroil, and maybe 1 or two others. All these other remedies you all are trying, are not going to work, IN THE LONG RUN. AND THAT'S JUST MY OPPINION!!!!

SINCE YOU ALL SEEM TO WANT TO QUOTE UN QUOTE ME, LET'S GET IT STRAIGHT ON WHAT I SAID. I SAID...QUOTE....KEY WORDS HERE....."IF YOU HAVE TRUE, RE-OCCURING B.V., I HATE TO BE THE BARRIER OF BAD NEWS, BUT THE FLAGYL, ORALLY WON'T WORK." KEY WORDS, IF YOU HAVE TRUE RE-OCCURING B.V. And that right there, you can take to the bank. THERE IS NO CURE. That is why we all have to try what works for us. BORIC ACID GAVE ME A RASH SO BAD, MY ARMS WERE BLEEDING. BUT...Do I tell you all to stop saying to use it???? NOOOOO, WHY NOT?? Because it works for some of you.

THEN I SAID, QUOTE...."FOR ME....FLAGYL VAGINALLY IS THE ONLY SOLUTION RIGHT NOW". So for those of you who said I didn't say, FOR ME, FUCKING READ. Lori, I'm sick of your ass. You think you're helpfull, and you're not.

Thanks to all the Private PM's, I received. I will keep in contact with you all.

+Quote Post
jenniferg
post May 22 2007, 02:03 PM
Post #3473

BUSTie

QUOTE(sassy @ May 22 2007, 11:28 AM) *
mfc10: I LOVE boric acid. It is the only thing that has ever helped my BV. I use it now so that I can maintain a somewhat normal sex life. And yes, it is the same thing as Yeast Arrest, but it's a lot cheaper to make your own capsules.

Sassy: How long does the results last after you use the boric acid? Do you go symptom free for a while and then bv comes back? Do you use boric acid daily? I am curious and want to try it.

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post May 22 2007, 01:01 PM
Post #3474

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(mfc10 @ May 22 2007, 02:08 PM) *
I used boric acid with much success==for treating concurrent BV/resistant-yeast infections. It is the major ingredient in Yeast Arrest vaginal capsules, right? The only cavaet--after using boric acid via the dose-and-timing schedule as you have described, I got really dry in there. My gyn, a big believer in boric acid (God rest his soul--he committed suicide last summer!), suggested applying a dab of estrogen cream vaginally (I use Estrace) after using boric acid (once its residue quits dripping out) to help the lining get re-moistened.

Awaiting my Fem Dophilus order--before they were available here in the U.S., I had to get these strains of lactobacilli from friends in Austria!

Blessings,
Maggie C.

yes boric acid is in Yeast Arrest. maybe i will by some estrogen cream. the only thing is it drips out of me all day. cause i insert 1 in the morning and 1 at night.

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post May 22 2007, 12:41 PM
Post #3475

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(lori @ May 22 2007, 02:53 PM) *
Good luck, anitsirhc. I bought one of those 7-day pill cases which helps me make sure to never miss a day.

oh that's a good idea! because i always forget to take my regular daily vitamins too. what exactly are you using right now for your bv? i don't even know.

+Quote Post
lori
post May 22 2007, 12:36 PM
Post #3476

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(anitsirhc @ May 22 2007, 11:49 AM) *
i just ordered my fem-dophilus (from iherb.com.) i'm hoping this along with the yeast arrest works for me.

Good luck, anitsirhc. I bought one of those 7-day pill cases which helps me make sure to never miss a day.

--------------------

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post May 22 2007, 12:32 PM
Post #3477

Hardcore BUSTie

i just ordered my fem-dophilus (from iherb.com.) i'm hoping this along with the yeast arrest works for me. if this doesn't work i think the next thing i will try is the estriol or estroil however you spell it.

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post May 22 2007, 12:21 PM
Post #3478

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(lori @ May 22 2007, 02:29 PM) *
I don't agree with that. Do you think it's pointless to object to mistaken medical information?
Not sure why you're blaming me for "this," anitsirhc. The original bickering was happening between Jewels and arj75. Jewels took some things a little too personally, and arj75, to her credit, refused to take the bait.

If you recall, I had some disagreements with some of arj75's statements. Again to arj75's credit, we are able to disagree with each other, without name-calling and other stupid shit. And I think THAT is how we're going to come closer to finding solutions - by discussing things in a civilized way, but not being afraid to object or disagree with each other.

i never blamed you, in my original post about the arguing i addressed things a lot of girls were doing, not only you. except you were the only one who wrote back to start arguing with me because you're always on the defense and having to prove everyone wrong. i don't want to recall anything. i don't care what disagreements you had. everyone had disagreements, except they don't always write about them. they keep it to themselves because they realize that this is a place for everyone to talk about their experiences and thoughts on BV. not a place for people to argue back and forth about what is right and what is wrong and you said this you said that blah blah blah. stop focussing on what people are saying and friggin talk about BV!! i'm getting pissed off now, don't write back to this please. i don't want to talk to you about this anymore, i want to talk about what's working for you, what's working for me. that's what this is for.

+Quote Post
neverending
post May 22 2007, 12:18 PM
Post #3479

Hardcore BUSTie

WOW! I've never seen the board like this before. There is soooo much fighting going on here. Ladies, we all need to support each other. I understand this is a very hard thing to go through and we are frustrated but the fighting has got to stop.Lets turn this back into a support group, respect each other, and LISTEN to what each person has to say.

Lori: Everyone here is desperate! That's why you hear soooo many people with crazy ideas. I for one thought about battery acid myself. LOL! I had a crazy idea (estroil=estrogen) and it worked. wink.gif

+Quote Post
lori
post May 22 2007, 12:12 PM
Post #3480

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(anitsirhc @ May 22 2007, 11:11 AM) *
ok well i think you should just stop worrying about what everyone else says. it doesn't do anything and it's pointless.

I don't agree with that. Do you think it's pointless to object to mistaken medical information?

QUOTE(anitsirhc @ May 22 2007, 11:11 AM) *
i just hope this stops.

Not sure why you're blaming me for "this," anitsirhc. The original bickering was happening between Jewels and arj75. Jewels took some things a little too personally, and arj75, to her credit, refused to take the bait.

If you recall, I had some disagreements with some of arj75's statements, too. Again to arj75's credit, we are able to disagree with each other, without name-calling and other stupid shit. And I think THAT is how we're going to come closer to finding solutions - by discussing things in a civilized way, but not being afraid to disagree with each other.

--------------------

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 172 173 174 175 176 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 21, 2014 - 11:53 AM