The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

211 Pages V  « < 45 46 47 48 49 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> small breast support group - (I need it even if they don't)
lapis
post Nov 3 2010, 06:03 PM
Post #921

Hardcore BUSTie

Hi KeraBear, now that I'm 33 and a mom, I would tell my teenage self that femininity/beauty are not determined by breast size. Those larger-breasted girls were not any prettier or had any more right to be proud than I did, but they projected confidence. I used to think I was less feminine than other girls and realize now how feminine I am. At the same time, I would take my teenage self shopping, after looking at magazines about how to accentuate my figure. This has taken years to become aware of. I used to just wear baggy clothes, but certain cuts of clothes are super flattering. I would tell myself to celebrate my hot little body because it was and no one I've dated has ever said otherwise. Looking back, I wish could tell myself as a teenager that my breast size had very little to do with my self worth--tmy breasts were not the sum of my value as a person, but somehow they were the measure of my self-esteem (0). I would tell myself to make a list of things I liked about myself and acknowledge them every day because it doesn't make sense to fixate on what you perceive as your main flaw. Let people drink up all that beauty, confidence, and talent--and cultivate them, not the insecurity!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
strongirl
post Nov 3 2010, 06:17 AM
Post #922

Hardcore BUSTie

Wow, what a good question, Kera. I really had to stop and think.

If I could go back and give my teenage self one bit of advice, it would be to be aware that guys were attracted to me and to pick up on the fact that they were hitting on me when they were. I was pretty naive and oblivious and I also assumed I was not attractive to guys - for a number of reasons, small breasts being only one of them and not at the top of the list, actually. I ended up getting hit on a lot and because I often didn't pick up on it, the guy was in control of the situation not me and I didn't respond the way I would have wanted to. If I'd been more aware, I would have stopped some of these interactions earlier. Others I would have encouraged and invited to go further, rather than being unresponsive which the guy interpreted as not interested. But at least I would have been in touch with reality and making conscious choices, rather than having others in control and me reacting (or not reacting) out my own insecurities.

+Quote Post
KeraBear
post Nov 2 2010, 05:27 PM
Post #923

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey, just to change things up a little bit in the convo. I have a question. If you could go back in time and give your teenage self any advice on getting through life, particularly school life with small breasts, what would you say?

I want to quiz you experienced ladies and soak in all the wisdom you have to offer! wink.gif

+Quote Post
KeraBear
post Nov 2 2010, 05:18 PM
Post #924

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(starship @ Nov 1 2010, 06:16 PM) *
I was just having a sort of argumentative conversation with someone and they said "Were you born a boy", I think it was a joking way of saying have you got any secrets. but for some reason it just hit all my insecurities and I had a total breakdown on the bathroom floor type moment. I can't believe over such a silly little comment, which probably had nothing to do with the way I look anyway. I feel awful.

I'd rather boob job discussions were in here- it's the only thread I check regularly, and I can imagine the surgery thread ending up getting derailed into small booby discussions.

Oh geeeeeeez, what a terrible thing for someone to say! That is the worst insult ever for gals like us... when people attack our very womanhood. At least that is the source of my greatest insecurities. I hope you are feeling better about things. You're beautiful, Starship! *hug*

+Quote Post
spot-on
post Nov 2 2010, 04:34 PM
Post #925

Hardcore BUSTie

Just a quick update. I am scheduled for surgery on 7th December, pre-op appt on 19th November. I will pop in with updates every now and then to let you know how things are going....

+Quote Post
spot-on
post Nov 1 2010, 06:11 PM
Post #926

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey Girls

Well the research I've done (and it's been LOTS over the last 2-3 months) shows no correlation between implants and auto immune diseases. The FDA has done 14 years of studies and found no link between implants and auto immune disease. Most of the websites women have written on are women who had the old silicone implants that leaked everywhere inside the body, that obviously has an impact on the body and those implants have not been used since 1992. During my research for every website I found saying there was no causation was another claiming a link. The facts are that the new implants have been studied by numerous bodies and no link has been found between the NEW implants and auto immune diseases.

References
American College of Rheumatology (ARC) Study 1995
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/im...itionstate.html

statment from the ACR
The ACR believes that these studies provide compelling evidence that silicone implants expose patients to no demonstrable additional risk for connective tissue or rheumatic disease.

details of the Institute of Medicine report 1999
http://www.smartbreastaugmentation.com/implants.html

AMA article
http://www.ama-assn.org/ama/no-index/about-ama/13669.shtml

From all the research I read the general consensus is that auto immune diseases are more prevalent in women (lucky us!) and can be caused by a variety of things, one of those is bodily stress. Surgery is obviously stressful regardless of the reasons, and hence SOME women who undergo breast augmentation get auto immune later in life. Auto immune diseases usually require a trigger, like surgery, but to say the cause is the implants is false, it's more likely the stress of surgery. On the breast implant website I hang out at, many of the women have auto immune and DON'T have implants yet! Is it more likely that these women who got Auto immune AFTER implants may have gotten the disease anyway? Who can say?

That said I know that each person is different and what affects one person affects another completely differently. I watched the documentary that someone posted and honestly I think there is more going on with that girl than implant issues. Even now after explanting, with all the problems she had, she is looking into enlarging her breasts with various other methods. I don't know I just got the feeling something else was going on with this girl other than the breast implants.

QUOTE(karategrrl @ Nov 1 2010, 04:59 AM) *
Hey spot on, do you have any references to this you can share? I found lots online about all sorts of links between implants and scary autoimmune things--would be interesting to read otherwise.

I for one support you and would LOVE for you still to share here. I am very interested in how it goes for you! Or at least post somewhere (if not in the "small-breasted supoort" place and let us know where.

+Quote Post
starship
post Nov 1 2010, 05:16 PM
Post #927

Hardcore BUSTie

I was just having a sort of argumentative conversation with someone and they said "Were you born a boy", I think it was a joking way of saying have you got any secrets. but for some reason it just hit all my insecurities and I had a total breakdown on the bathroom floor type moment. I can't believe over such a silly little comment, which probably had nothing to do with the way I look anyway. I feel awful.

I'd rather boob job discussions were in here- it's the only thread I check regularly, and I can imagine the surgery thread ending up getting derailed into small booby discussions.

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Nov 1 2010, 07:59 AM
Post #928

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(spot-on @ Oct 28 2010, 01:08 AM) *
There has been NO link between implants and the immune disease etc women have attributed to implants - the FDA did HUGE studies on this, and anyway the implants are different now to 10 years ago so it's comparing apples and oranges imo.

Hey spot on, do you have any references to this you can share? I found lots online about all sorts of links between implants and scary autoimmune things--would be interesting to read otherwise.

I for one support you and would LOVE for you still to share here. I am very interested in how it goes for you! Or at least post somewhere (if not in the "small-breasted supoort" place and let us know where.

+Quote Post
strongirl
post Nov 1 2010, 07:10 AM
Post #929

Hardcore BUSTie

I totally agree, Koffeewitch, your mom was/is right on. I feel the same way about my mom and her mom and sister, I'm very grateful that they taught me to appreciate and compliment other women. Espcially now that I'm older, I recall when I was a teen and twenty-something, they always enjoyed and complimented MY looks - never being resentful or critical of me for being young and attractive. So now that I'm older, when I'm around teenage girls (which I am often because of my son), I also go out of my way to compliment them and build them up, rather than being a bitter old hag, LOL! I also realize that even though they look incredibly beautiful to me, they all undoubtedly suffer some of the same insecurities we all do - whether it's boob size, cellulite, body hair, you name it. A sincere compliment never hurt anyone. Pay it forward.

+Quote Post
koffeewitch
post Oct 31 2010, 08:15 PM
Post #930

Hardcore BUSTie

nbdx: I think it's really sweet when a woman compliments another woman's appearance...I guess I got that from my mom; she would always say something positive if she saw another beautiful woman. When I got older and met the other kind of women, the one's who start nasty catty slandering everytime they see an attractive woman, I appreciated my mom's influence all the more. smile.gif

--------------------
"The U.S. is the only nation on Earth to pass from barbarism into decadence without once passing through an era of civilization."

+Quote Post
nbdx0645
post Oct 31 2010, 07:52 PM
Post #931

Hardcore BUSTie

AP pulled up a previously buried thread. I don't feel like I have much to post in it, but I'm going through the backposts. Thanks AP.

I pulled together an 80's punk rocker costume at last minute. I wasn't able to pull off the flapper dress because I was too tall for it. Overall, it was a really fun Halloween party. There was some boobie talk but it was nothing bad (I got really, really drunk last year and told my buddy that his wife has phenominal breasts...oh man, I'm still super embarrassed about that...) His wife was super appreciative for my compliment, though. Phew! The other women mentioned when they developed, one in 3rd grade and the other in 5th. I was worried they were going to turn to me and say "and she never did, ha ha ha!" but that didn't happen. And even if it did, I'd tell them I started developing when I was a freshman in high school. I gotta ease up about boobs around others, seriously.

Also, my buddy's wife is pregnant, and he's reveling in the fact that her previously-big-boobs are now ENORMOUS. A two men congratulated him. There was the little moment of "hooray for big boobs" but it was there and gone in a second. And their big boob talk shouldn't diminish the fact that small boobs are awesome. His wife wasn't present -- I wonder if she would have liked that commentary about her.

+Quote Post
buttercups
post Oct 31 2010, 04:37 PM
Post #932

Hardcore BUSTie

Yes nbdx, I think a plastic surgery thread would be a great idea! I'd love to hear from people who have gotten boob jobs and the like.

Watched the movie Splice last night at a Halloween party-the women who plays the creature def has small boobies and I was waiting for people to comment but no one did-made me happy because I was afraid of the potentially dumb comments that people were going to say.

Well I hope everyone is having a Happy Halloween. Seems like the sluttier the costume, the more cleavage that is required to wear it. I chose not to dress up this year for the first time ever, but mainly cause I was too busy to come up with anything. Hope you're all rockin the small boobies in your costumes tonight!

<3 buttercups

+Quote Post
nbdx0645
post Oct 28 2010, 09:37 PM
Post #933

Hardcore BUSTie

This conversation makes me wonder -- should a general plastic surgery thread be introduced if one doesn't already exist?

+Quote Post
strongirl
post Oct 28 2010, 12:39 PM
Post #934

Hardcore BUSTie

On the flapper and 'twenties costumes, I think I've mentioned in here before that my grandmother was a wild woman and a flapper. She was very large breasted and used to "bind" her breasts, as did her friends, to look good in those awesome clothes. smile.gif

+Quote Post
discowombat
post Oct 28 2010, 08:34 AM
Post #935

BUSTie

QUOTE(buttercups @ Oct 28 2010, 07:04 AM) *
hope you continue to post- big boobies or small you've got a lot to share!

I agree. You should definitely stay for awhile Spot-on!

+Quote Post
buttercups
post Oct 28 2010, 06:04 AM
Post #936

Hardcore BUSTie

Yes nbdx that's it, thanks!

Haha spot-on guess I'll have to buy a few more and rotate-and yes they do get stretched out in the cups so don't think you're boobs got smaller or anything they just stretch and then gap out, ugh!

I really want to find a good 1 cup size padded bra that doesn't look pointy or too too small- what are everyone's favorites??

Wish you all the best spot- on and yes please do update. It's part of the little boob process seeing all the options that we might have. And I also like to hear information from people I've come to know aren't fake and respect, so of course your opinion would be most valued. And I also hope you continue to post- big boobies or small you've got a lot to share!

+Quote Post
spot-on
post Oct 27 2010, 08:08 PM
Post #937

Hardcore BUSTie

Thanks Buttercups. Yep the risks are scary, but really when you consider how low they are it's less than the risk of having a car crash, yet people drive every day. There has been NO link between implants and the immune disease etc women have attributed to implants - the FDA did HUGE studies on this, and anyway the implants are different now to 10 years ago so it's comparing apples and oranges imo.

The VS bra, I dunno I don't tend to sweat much in it as I never wore it in summer, but the other VS one I have with the gel inserts always makes me sweat. I just wash them more often, switching them out. With the padded bra's I have I go from regular, to +1 cup, then +2 cups! I wonder what people think sometimes lol! I will say that that bra that adds 2 cups sizes has been annoying though considering I bought it 2-3 months ago and now it;s too big in the cup sad.gif I still wear it though...

I will try and pop by and keep you posted if you want info. I don't want to share too much as this is a small boob support group and getting implants kinda goes against that? But I guess it's the flipside to the coin right? If anyone has any objections to me updating you all, let me know

As of today I am penciled in for surgery on the 7th December

The reasons below is exactly it right now. I am sick and tired of wondering and wishing and hoping. It's just time for me to consider other options...

QUOTE(buttercups @ Oct 27 2010, 12:43 PM) *
Depressing. I want to be happy with myself though. Gotta keep working on it somehow. This is where I feel your pain Spot-on and I'm not sure if I want to go through the rest of my 20s and into my 30s feeling this way. But like I already said implants scare the crap outta me and I have this fear like Strongirl mentioned that if I need to get them taken out then I'll look even worse than I do now. *sigh* Damned if you do, damned if you don't!!

+Quote Post
spot-on
post Oct 27 2010, 07:57 PM
Post #938

Hardcore BUSTie

Thanks Strongirl for the suggestion, but I have been hanging out an an implant forum for the last 2+ months. I've asked a TON of questions and made some friends who were similar sizes to me (weight, height, original breast size) to check their photo's (before, during & after), ask opinions, etc. Honestly their answers have been very helpful, sure some are just like "do it" but others are asking questions, working through my issues etc. I honestly think I feel very informed about it and more confident in making my decision.

QUOTE(strongirl @ Oct 27 2010, 04:40 AM) *
There's a website with similar forums to this, for women with or considering implants, I don't have the link but if you google "Yes, they're fake" you should find it. I have issues with the whole thing and some of the posters turn me off but there is good info and it is nice to see women there being supportive of each other and sharing medical info, much like we do.

+Quote Post
nbdx0645
post Oct 27 2010, 07:13 PM
Post #939

Hardcore BUSTie

Buttercups, I am a documentary junkie. This is the ep you saw: True Life: I Hate My Plastic Surgery

Anarch, the costume sounds fab. I was thinking about being a flapper this year. smile.gif

+Quote Post
KeraBear
post Oct 27 2010, 06:06 PM
Post #940

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(anarch @ Oct 27 2010, 05:38 PM) *
Spot-on, I'd miss your comments here, but you gotta do what's right for you, so sincere good luck wishes from me too.

happy belated birthdays to nbdx and KeraBear!
I rented a 1920s/1930s gown for a Hallowe'en party. The bodice is designed rather nicely to show off small boobs.

Nice! From what I understand, small boobs were all the rage back then, so i guess that makes sense. Ahh... to have a time machine! smile.gif

+Quote Post

211 Pages V  « < 45 46 47 48 49 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 30, 2014 - 02:16 AM