271 Pages V  « < 112 113 114 115 116 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
quietmadness
post Jan 11 2008, 05:13 PM
Post #2261

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(CCT @ Jan 11 2008, 08:24 AM) *
I just started this web site and i been dealing with BV for 1yr. and i just wanted to know where did you get that Tea Tree Oil from???

Hi CCT!! WELCOME!!

I ordered the TTO suppositories and TTO quickly and painlessly through www.vitacost.com. When you get there, just search thier site for tea tree oil. You'll see both of them right there. They take Paypal, too.

I put a few drops into a douche bottle and use that every other day. Then on the off days, I use the boric acid gel caps.

I am happy to report---no smell!!!

Thanks, and good luck!
--Quietmadness--

PS: WELCOME TO ALL THE NEWBIES!!!!!!!! rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sunnyalaina
post Jan 11 2008, 02:36 PM
Post #2262

Hi Ladies,
New to forum and just ran into these posts when looking for something else. My heart goes out to you all. Just wanted to add my 3 cents about bv. I battled it for three years. It appeared suddenly in my early forties and I was mortified. I went through 3 rounds of oral Metronidazole and one round of vaginal Metronidazole. I broke up with a boyfriend over this stuff --- never had it before, slept with him then it appears out of nowhere, followed him for a couple of days and busted him cheating. Anyway, maybe his and my PH balances didn't mesh but I wasn't taking any chances. I placed the blame solely on his shoulders at the time. I told him that my body did not react well with other women's secretions and would get a yeast infection or worse if he slept with anyone else. And I did. A

Cheating aside -- just wanted to share a thought with all of you. After three years of battling the disease, I suddenly started showing other symptoms - chronic ovarian cysts, heavier bleeding, low back pain and nausea. After another year of spending half my life with my ob/gyn, I had a hysterectomy. After hysterectomy, pathology report showed Adenomyosis. Since then, the BV vanished and stayed gone - and it is now four years later. Every once in awhile, I have wondered if my body was trying to tell me something was way off. Adenomyosis is very similar to endometriosis. Both diseases are written about extensively on the internet but the main point that I got was that doctors really aren't sure what causes the lining of the uterus to go haywire and stop implanting in places in shouldn't be. And even though my boyfriend was cheating and I was justified in kicking him to the curb, maybe it wasn't his cheating that brought it on. Maybe it was the wacko environment in my uterus because of stray uterine lining cells.

Not that I would wish a hysterectomy on anyone but I still wonder.......Anyway, just a few thoughts that were running around my head. Maybe keep an eye on your body for other symptoms, maybe our bodies scream loud and clear but we just don't have the information to know what we are hearing, seeing and of course, smelling.

Hugz and Hearts
Alaina

+Quote Post
yme30
post Jan 11 2008, 01:54 PM
Post #2263

BUSTie

QUOTE(ljames @ Jan 11 2008, 03:22 PM) *
The flagyl worked when inserted vaginally but only until the next unprotected sex episode. I hate fighting with my fiance about his wearing condoms and every now and then he wins and sure enough I get this crap again. I really think it is him not my period because I only let him not use a condom right before my period when I know it's not likely I'll get pregnant. I preferred the vag insertion method because I didn't have to take them orally for 7 days and it only takes 1 x 500mg flagyl and after a day or two things get better. Jewels recommended that method way back when, I don't know if it stopped working for her because she seems to be on the tto kick now. I feel like making my fiance come with me to the doctor and get him treated too. I know everybody says it has nothing to do with the guy but it just doesn't make sense that I only get flared up after being in direct contact with him and never had this problem until I met him 2 1/2 years ago. I don't want to buy the TTO and have it not work so I'm going to get a script for more flagyl this weekend at a clinic somewhere since getting in to see my doctor anytime soon is near impossible and she doesn't know what the hell she's doing anyways. Sorry more venting but somethings got to give. sad.gif

Something has got to give is right. I am simply tired of this crap. I hate the thought of bacteria living inside me enough to make me have an odor, its like my own body is letting me down. You go to the doctor time after time yet your body is saying, "Nope, try again". What gives. As far as you doing the math about the BV occurrence and your fiance than you are probably right, maybe he is the problem and not you. But hey what do I know I am trying to figure my own BV out, Anyways go with your gut it won't hurt none to see if he really is the culprit. Take care.

+Quote Post
ljames
post Jan 11 2008, 01:05 PM
Post #2264

QUOTE(yme30 @ Jan 11 2008, 01:07 PM) *
Hi, I tried the TTO suppositories and they didn't work not one bit. I guess everbody is different and maybe since I have been battling BV for several years it may require that I over indulge in any home remedies to really see if they work or not. I just dont have the money to keep buying and buying. I am using the metro right now. You said that you inserted the flagyl vaginally, did it really work as oppose to taking it orally? If so, I wonder why.

The flagyl worked when inserted vaginally but only until the next unprotected sex episode. I hate fighting with my fiance about his wearing condoms and every now and then he wins and sure enough I get this crap again. I really think it is him not my period because I only let him not use a condom right before my period when I know it's not likely I'll get pregnant. I preferred the vag insertion method because I didn't have to take them orally for 7 days and it only takes 1 x 500mg flagyl and after a day or two things get better. Jewels recommended that method way back when, I don't know if it stopped working for her because she seems to be on the tto kick now. I feel like making my fiance come with me to the doctor and get him treated too. I know everybody says it has nothing to do with the guy but it just doesn't make sense that I only get flared up after being in direct contact with him and never had this problem until I met him 2 1/2 years ago. I don't want to buy the TTO and have it not work so I'm going to get a script for more flagyl this weekend at a clinic somewhere since getting in to see my doctor anytime soon is near impossible and she doesn't know what the hell she's doing anyways. Sorry more venting but somethings got to give. sad.gif

+Quote Post
yme30
post Jan 11 2008, 11:50 AM
Post #2265

BUSTie

QUOTE(ljames @ Jan 11 2008, 11:34 AM) *
Hello everyone, I posted here once in May of 2007 but trust me I've been reading and absorbing this at least once a month because that's how often I am sitting at my desk feeling the telltale bubbles from the discharge and stressing out that this s*#t is back. I have done oral flagyl it comes back, so the last prescription I got I just inserted one vaginally everytime I had symptoms and it took it away until I had sex w/o a condom or my period. This is absolute hell and I am going insane with it, AAAAAAAAAH! Had sex w/o condom and period right after so sitting here 2 days after period with the nastyness again! I'm out of flagyl and don't think that that was a long term solution anyways. Has anybody other than Jewels tried the TTO suppositories?? I tried TTO on a tampon before but it didn't do anything....think it made the smell worse 'cause it was TTO covered fish, lol. I am so sick of this, I take vitamin supplements everyday and it hasn't put a dent in the BV but at least I never catch a cold or a flu. At this point I would rather have a cold every day and a healthy vagina, it is ruining my life. I am getting married this year and want to have babies but how am I supposed to have babies when my kitty is sick. Sorry for the vent but I know you guys more than anybody understand smile.gif

Hi, I tried the TTO suppositories and they didn't work not one bit. I guess everbody is different and maybe since I have been battling BV for several years it may require that I over indulge in any home remedies to really see if they work or not. I just dont have the money to keep buying and buying. I am using the metro right now. You said that you inserted the flagyl vaginally, did it really work as oppose to taking it orally? If so, I wonder why.

+Quote Post
ljames
post Jan 11 2008, 09:17 AM
Post #2266

Hello everyone, I posted here once in May of 2007 but trust me I've been reading and absorbing this at least once a month because that's how often I am sitting at my desk feeling the telltale bubbles from the discharge and stressing out that this s*#t is back. I have done oral flagyl it comes back, so the last prescription I got I just inserted one vaginally everytime I had symptoms and it took it away until I had sex w/o a condom or my period. This is absolute hell and I am going insane with it, AAAAAAAAAH! Had sex w/o condom and period right after so sitting here 2 days after period with the nastyness again! I'm out of flagyl and don't think that that was a long term solution anyways. Has anybody other than Jewels tried the TTO suppositories?? I tried TTO on a tampon before but it didn't do anything....think it made the smell worse 'cause it was TTO covered fish, lol. I am so sick of this, I take vitamin supplements everyday and it hasn't put a dent in the BV but at least I never catch a cold or a flu. At this point I would rather have a cold every day and a healthy vagina, it is ruining my life. I am getting married this year and want to have babies but how am I supposed to have babies when my kitty is sick. Sorry for the vent but I know you guys more than anybody understand smile.gif

+Quote Post
CCT
post Jan 11 2008, 07:07 AM
Post #2267

QUOTE(jewelscando @ Jan 11 2008, 12:51 AM) *
Hello everyone!! And welcome all the newbies to our board!! Actually, I wish you all weren't here, because if you weren't here, that MIGHT mean, you weren't suffering like the rest of us, and I wouldn't wish this shit on my worst enemy... well... wait... maybe there's one or two... haha

Anyways, I used a Tea Tree oil suppository almost 2 Sundays ago, (It will be 2 sundays this weekend) and believe it or not, I can still smell the tea tree oil periodically. AND, I only filled the gel cap up half way.

My BV is still gone. No smell, what so ever. And trust me, I'm a Q-Tip smell freak when it comes to my vagina! hahaha

I'm not sure why it worked, but someone made a really good point about stress. I have been stress free for the past few weeks, and have forced myself, to not get stressed. When I feel a stress situation coming on, I walk away from it, or tell myself, I'm not going to stress about this. So, there might be some truth in that.

Anyways, just wanted to give a quick hello to everyone, and welcome the new ones!!! You won't find a better place then here to vent your problems!! We have tons of good listeners, and willing particpants to try out things to see if it works.

One thing to remember though, what works for you, might not work for me, and so on and so on. So, DON'T GIVE UP HOPE GIRLS!!! WE WILL FIND A CURE!!! With as much persistance as we have on this board, we have a pretty good chance!!

Huggggss Neverending!! Glad to see things are still going good for you! I still haven't bought the estroil yet, but, I'm BV free at the moment thanks to the tea tree oil! rolleyes.gif

I just started this web site and i been dealing with BV for 1yr. and i just wanted to know where did you get that Tea Tree Oil from???

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Jan 11 2008, 12:34 AM
Post #2268

Hardcore BUSTie

Hello everyone!! And welcome all the newbies to our board!! Actually, I wish you all weren't here, because if you weren't here, that MIGHT mean, you weren't suffering like the rest of us, and I wouldn't wish this shit on my worst enemy... well... wait... maybe there's one or two... haha

Anyways, I used a Tea Tree oil suppository almost 2 Sundays ago, (It will be 2 sundays this weekend) and believe it or not, I can still smell the tea tree oil periodically. AND, I only filled the gel cap up half way.

My BV is still gone. No smell, what so ever. And trust me, I'm a Q-Tip smell freak when it comes to my vagina! hahaha

I'm not sure why it worked, but someone made a really good point about stress. I have been stress free for the past few weeks, and have forced myself, to not get stressed. When I feel a stress situation coming on, I walk away from it, or tell myself, I'm not going to stress about this. So, there might be some truth in that.

Anyways, just wanted to give a quick hello to everyone, and welcome the new ones!!! You won't find a better place then here to vent your problems!! We have tons of good listeners, and willing particpants to try out things to see if it works.

One thing to remember though, what works for you, might not work for me, and so on and so on. So, DON'T GIVE UP HOPE GIRLS!!! WE WILL FIND A CURE!!! With as much persistance as we have on this board, we have a pretty good chance!!

Huggggss Neverending!! Glad to see things are still going good for you! I still haven't bought the estroil yet, but, I'm BV free at the moment thanks to the tea tree oil! rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
yme30
post Jan 10 2008, 10:52 PM
Post #2269

BUSTie

Laundry should be sanitized by washing in the hottest possible water and then adding a cup of white distilled vinegar to the final rinse. Because it would take a gallon of bleach in a standard washer to kill yeast spores (which would shred your clothing), boiling clothing and other items of close contact (such as underwear and sheets) for five minutes is suggested. Microwaving on the high setting for five minutes will also kill yeast spores; freezing, however, will not.

Hi Bella I copied and pasted the above from a website I found concerning yeast. I dont know how true the above statements are. I personally have always washed my panties in hot water and I also remember watching the local news here in my hometown and they said that if you place your clothes in the dryer on the hottest setting it almost kills all the germs lurking in your laundry. But we all cant do that because some of our clothes require special care. Anyway I hope this helps I will do more research on it though.

Also I have been taking the Metro for 1 1/2 days now but I dont get the metallic taste I am use to getting also I dont feel sick to my stomach either, why all of a sudden no more side effects, could it be I developed a tolerance for the Metro, I hope not.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Jan 10 2008, 02:02 PM
Post #2270

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(SpRiNkLeS @ Jan 10 2008, 02:16 PM) *
Neverending: Ok just hearing that you cured your BV, and you had the shit smell too, TOTALLY makes my day. Well ok my day was already made because I woke up not smelling but still this makes me want to continue moving forward. I remember reading a while ago that someone used Estroil and it worked for them but I forgot who it was. I was gung ho stuck on the yeast arrest train because it worked for BVGirl (I used to read pages WAY back) but the boric acid just never worked on me. Well just for one day and that whole day my kitty smelled like dog food. Yeah I know! So where can I find the estroil? And PLEASE tell me it doesn’t cost a fortune. I’ve wasted so much money on this already.

Girl, I just read your posts and you made me laugh and cry all at the same time. I totally relate to you! Also, carrying you child on your hip is such a great idea. LOL.......I love your personality.Anyway, the other girl that cured her bv problems was Pianogirl. It takes a while for it to clear up. I think it took me 3-4 mos. and I believe it took Pianogirl about the same time too. If i'm correct we started around the same time last year. Here is the link: http://www.helenpensanti.com/products.asp?dept=116
We used the 2mg for $43.00 but you may need more than one pack. I say it's worth a try.

Ladies: The Nuvaring worked for a while, as far as Vagina dryness is concerned. It's been almost 3 mos. and it was working fine but last night I could not uhmm..... er uhm....... you know.......PERFORM OR GET WET for nothing in the world. Again, this is a very disturbing thing for me and I don't know what to do . I read that progesterone helps with vaginal dryness too but should I stop the birth control or should I or shall I say, CAN I use progesterone cream (natural) while still on birth control? or do I need to stop the birth control all together in order to start progesterone. Also with that, I would love to take dhea with that to see if that would help. Any suggestions? I wish I could get back to normal PERIOD. I hate not being able to enjoy sex. I'm not a prude I love sex and this sucks like hell.

+Quote Post
arj75
post Jan 10 2008, 07:42 AM
Post #2271

Hardcore BUSTie

Good Mrning everyone...cross your fingers for me...I'm on a long strech of no stench..and I've been a bad girl. Still suffering from the spaz attacks that tightens and cramps every muscle in my body, so after my period last month, the bv returned, I used metro-gel for one day (i know I know i didn't follow the doctors orders of 5... then i soaked my ass in epsom salt hoping for some relief so I could turn my neck..and it helps a lot (with muscle stiffness) I also quit shaving (80's bush from hell). I'm sure I'm getting my hopes up for nothing, but I I can't help but to get excited (even it if comes back again after my period..at least the sex is no longer triggering it (for now)

+Quote Post
SpRiNkLeS
post Jan 10 2008, 07:11 AM
Post #2272

BUSTie

Hi Bella!,

I've been a total page whore this morning so If I replied straight to your reply everyone would hate me. I’m also going back on metro again but I’m using the gel because if I do the pill, well dang my BV gets out of control. That’s the reason its been so bad lately. I decided to give the metro pills a try once more and I definitely got screwed over again. It brings the fish to life. In fact I’m going back to Cali tomorrow for a few days to see my old doctor and I am so looking forward to asking him about my hormones!! I recently moved to another state to get away from my ex and the stress has just made the BV so bad. I too lost a little bit of hair around my hairline so that when you pull your hair into a ponytail it totally kills the look! I lost it during my pregnancy so my doctors told me it was of course because of that but it’s not growing back and I really miss it. I’m now hoping it really has to do with my imbalance so that MAYBE once I get on the right pill it will come back. Let me know if yours grows back since you said you just got back on the pill.

You mentioned to someone else that if you take 2 acidophilus pills a day while taking the metro the chances of getting BV again are cut in half. I think I am going to try that this time and hopefully my BV will stay away long enough for me to fix my hormones and then that’ll just cure this whole damn thing.

Ok everyone well I'll be away from access to a computer for a few days so you all get your forum back. Sorry, I'll learn to write less next time. It's just so nice to talk to other women who struggle with this too. I'm not alone!

+Quote Post
SpRiNkLeS
post Jan 10 2008, 06:59 AM
Post #2273

BUSTie

QUOTE(neverending @ Jan 9 2008, 02:58 PM) *
Hun, I feel what you are saying. Everything you are describing is the same thing I use to go through. The shit smell is the worst, then there is the fish and crab smell that can drve a woman nuts. I had everything. Even the ammonia smell.It was horrible! I got rid of this with estroil but try different things to see what works for you. I saw that progesterone can play a part too.Anyway, welcome to the board!

LADIES: DID YOU KNOW THERE IS A DOWN THERE ODOR CONTROL PRODUCT FOR MEN. THIS IS TOO FUNNY. THEY JUMP ON THERE PROBLEMS BUT WE HAVE TO SUFFER. GO FIGURE!

Neverending: Ok just hearing that you cured your BV, and you had the shit smell too, TOTALLY makes my day. Well ok my day was already made because I woke up not smelling but still this makes me want to continue moving forward. I remember reading a while ago that someone used Estroil and it worked for them but I forgot who it was. I was gung ho stuck on the yeast arrest train because it worked for BVGirl (I used to read pages WAY back) but the boric acid just never worked on me. Well just for one day and that whole day my kitty smelled like dog food. Yeah I know! So where can I find the estroil? And PLEASE tell me it doesn’t cost a fortune. I’ve wasted so much money on this already.

+Quote Post
SpRiNkLeS
post Jan 10 2008, 06:54 AM
Post #2274

BUSTie

QUOTE(yme30 @ Jan 9 2008, 02:05 PM) *
Wow Sprinkles your post has a lot of personality. Funny yet very informative. I really think you and Bella are hitting on something here because I was only 14 when I first had my bout with BV and I didn't douche at all and my first sex partner was at the age of 20.

As far as my odor I would say its pretty unbearable at times. It hurts because I think I am a beautiful person inside and out and when people(mainly guys) try to get close to me I shy away because I have this on-going battle with BV. I have several friends who know of my BV but they dont judge me because they know how hard I am trying to help my situation.

Anyway if the BV comes back after finishing my metro than I am going to ask the doctor about my hormones.

Hi YME! I cannot imagine having had to deal with this at the age of 14. That must have been rough. I read somewhere that the first 18 to 20 years of your life really build the foundation of who you are and it is really hard to get rid of how we percieved ourselves to be based on things we went through as teens. As for shying away from guys I totally do that too because I would rather not feel worse about myself than I already do right now. Like a lot of the other girls here have said about themselves, I used to be super friendly and bubbly until I got BV and now I am very reserved with strangers. People must think I have a problem because it makes me look a little insane at times when I will walk all the way around someone or turn abrubtly in the opposite direction when a group of hot guys are there but it’s better than them smelling me. Actually guys seem to give me nicer reactions to the smell than girls. My peers are pretty bitchy at times. I try to keep my distance. At the end of the day I have to remind myself that until you walk a mile in someone’s shoes you just will never understand. If I never had this problem I might not understand what another girl was going through if she walked by me with this smell. But I would definitely not be a total jerk about it.

My worst fear is that I will still be paranoid and shy away from guys even if I cure my BV because I will still think that I smell. I truly am traumatized too and like another girl here has said before the smell makes me feel disgusting and probably repulsive to guys. Guys find confidence sexy and how the hell am I ever going to gain confidence after this!

+Quote Post
SpRiNkLeS
post Jan 10 2008, 06:39 AM
Post #2275

BUSTie

QUOTE(konphusion26 @ Jan 9 2008, 01:59 PM) *
Dayum girl, you just described me to a tee except for the hair loss. I experience ALL that. Especially the memory thing. I can't remember crap. I woke up in a pool of sweat in the middle of the night too. A lovely feeling at 3am. Its 30 degrees outside, and I have to turn the fan on. My poor hubby gets all stuffy from the fan, but I can't help it. I never attributed my hormone thing to my sleep disturbances though. Thats interesting. There's gotta be something that can be done about this and the BV. That makes it worse. LOL I'm sorry you're having that odor problem. My heart goes out to you on that. My odor gets pretty rough when its hot outside, but never like that. What does your doc say about it?

Hi Konphusion! Well my doctor just shuts me up with another round of antibiotics. I can’t seem to find a doctor that’s ever had a patient who has struggled with recurrent BV as much as I have so they just scratch their heads and of course if I bring up ideas to them about homeopathic alternatives they draw a blank face. They are very much against health nut-like ideas. They just prefer the drugs. As for the smell, well sadly for me it is never bad when I go to see my doctor!! I think I am so stress free and happy when I am at my appointments because of the idea that I will get some good news. Plus my doctor visits are like therapy. I can tell my doctor all my problems and it really helps! I don’t think it looks right though when I tell them I am very depressed and I say it in a very chipper tone.

Oh and I can get a bit immature at times. Everytime I tell a doctor that my BV smells like poop I can never say it with a straight face and one time I started laughing. I think they think I am making it up. This BV has gone and made me CRAZY! Oh and this sounds totally horrible but if I am out in public and the BV is just a faint poop aroma that day and not the fish smell I hold my son on my hip so people think the dirty diaper smell is coming from him. I know it sounds horrible but hey, he’s a toddler. I’m basically his slave throughout the day anyway so it’s like his little gift to me.

+Quote Post
SpRiNkLeS
post Jan 10 2008, 06:32 AM
Post #2276

BUSTie

Ok girls, something REALLY weird happened to me today. I woke up to clean air! No fish, poop or funk. Not to worry though, I’m sure tomorrow I’ll smell like shit again. Or maybe dead fish. I feel like I’ve been walking on clouds all day today. I think what happened was that I got a fight in me again last night after reading that I have HOPE again to be normal if I fix my hormones that my happy endorphins killed some of my stress which as we all know makes BV worse. Does anyone’s BV get noticably better when they are on a happy high? I’ve beaten a serious drug addiction so I figure I can beat this crap now too. All I needed was hope and now I’m back to fight this battle.

I hate to pig up this page but I’ve got a lot of replies here to write and I’ve never done a reply and I have lots of replies to a reply so we’ll see if I screw up or not.

+Quote Post
Bella10
post Jan 9 2008, 09:57 PM
Post #2277

BUSTie

QUOTE(SpRiNkLeS @ Jan 9 2008, 07:44 AM) *
Ok so I’m not going into detail about my B.V. sob story because that could go on for pages and I’m sure its really the same as everyone else here. Although I do wonder if my BV odor is worse than others of you here. Can anyone else smell up a room? Haha or I should say I have the power to bring a grown man to his knees…………because he’d be puking on the floor from my fumes!! So anyway back to the symptoms of hormone imbalances. Do any of you ladies here have extremely low energy? Depressed? (that one is obvious because of our BV crisis) Sweating? Irritability? Low libido? (another one that could also be thought to be from the BV) Nervousness? Poor concentration? (I was diagnosed with A.D.D. so who knows on that one) and a big one here for a lot of you…vaginal dryness. Of course there are many more symptoms…acne or oily skin, irregular periods, bloating, weight gain, loss of hair, memory lapses, mood swings, sleep disturbances. I’ve had the irregular periods and the excess underarm sweat during my teen years (thank God it went away!) so that is why I know my hormone imbalance started way back when I was young. I think my pregnancy just threw it WAY off balance.

Hi Sprinkles,

Welcome to the board! I too was a closet reader for a while before I signed up. I totally agree with what you are saying. There is definetly something imbalanced in each and every one of us battling BV. It is not normal to constantly be battling a bacterial infection. I have to say I found your research on the symptoms of hormone imbalances very interesting and very familiar. I got my first period at 13 and it was irregular for 3 years until I went on the pill. My Dr threw me on the pill without even looking for a cause why this was happening. I stayed on the pill for 11 years. I came off in the summer of 2005 and got my first case of BV in the summer of 2006 and then again the following spring and now. Drs do say when you are on the pill for a long duration it can take 6 months or longer to totally get your system back to normal so it is weird within a year I get BV. I just started the pill again this past month to see if maybe that helps the BV because I can't take much more mentally. But back to your symptoms. I have VERY low energy and at times no motivation to do anything but sleep. I actually had alot of underarm sweat in my teens and actually still do at times. Lets see I am irritable and have mood swings. The one symptom that I found most of all interesting and scary was loss of hair. I loss LARGE amounts of head hair in the shower and just running a brush or my hands through it. I have thick hair so it is not like I have bald spots its just that the amount of hair loss it amazing. My hairdresser actually made a comment on the amount of hair I lost when she was brushing it. Anyway I am going back to my gyn on the 29th to see if my BV went away afer my next round of Metro which I will be starting next week after my ski trip since I want to drink. I am def asking if she can test my hormones I am assuming by a blood test. I just switched over to her after my last Dr just didnt care and told me I can't keep running to her everytime I have a discharge, its funny though becasue everytime I ran to her wow what a surprise I had BV. Anyway she got to the point where she would examine me and say I see a white discharge heres a prescription of flagyl for 10 days. Then I would do a vicious bounce between BV and a yeast infection. On average it takes me 6 weeks to kick BV. My new dr seems to be better in that she examined me, took my ph and did a culture so we'll see otherwise I will keep switching Drs until I find one that is willing to get to the bottom of this with me. It is not healthy to constantly be on Flagyl/Metro and plus our bodies get immune to too much of one antibiotic. But it is EXTREMLY important that we make sure that our Drs are diagnosing us correctly with a ph level test, a wet mount, whiff test or culture and a culture ALONE is not useful in diagnosing BV since we all carry Gardenella bacteria in our systems. I wonder if there are specialists out there that deal with this? Anyway you were talking about the odor. Last summer my odor was unbearable and embarassing. That is what I am tramatized the most over. I smelt like fish so bad you can smell it when I went to the bathroom and I broke my leg last year and was in the emergency room and got a whiff of fish I was like to my mom do you smell that? Little did I know IT WAS ME!!! Anyway my current case of BV has no odor, thank god. Just a white watery discharge that I can deal with for now until my meds next week.

I am actually debating throwing my underwear out and buying new. Does anyone think that we can be reinfecting ourselves through our underwear? I mean obviously we all wash them but do you think the bacteria is surviving? It is just a thought.

+Quote Post
Bella10
post Jan 9 2008, 09:03 PM
Post #2278

BUSTie

QUOTE(yme30 @ Jan 9 2008, 01:09 AM) *
Hi Bella

I am glad you mention the dosage of my metro because several months ago I was given the same prescription by a different doctor but she told me to take it once a day for seven days, she only prescribed (7) pills!!! Do you think that the BV came back because I wasn't given a strong enough dose in the first place?

Also its good that you do research I do the same thing, its how I stumbled upon this site. What acidopoulous do you usually buy? My next appointment will probably be next year for a pap test but if this BV creeps up again than back to the doctor I go.
Enjoy your trip and good luck to you as well.

Hi YME,
I don't know if the recurrence can be from the low dose of metro you were given. The recurrence rate is something like 70% in 9 months so it is possible it would have happened if you were given the stronger dose too. I buy the Nature's Bounty Extra Strength Probiotic Acidophilus with Pectin. It has 3 billion live cells per capsule and I take 2 per day, which reminds me to take them now hahaha I would suggest to get them and take 2 a day with your metro. I read that you should take them 2-3 hours before you take your metro becasue if you take them together or after the metro the likelihood will be that the metro will kill the live cultures. It makes sense I guess. Then the study that I read that in said to continue taking the acidopoulous for the next 30 days after the metro and the 9 month recurrence rate cuts itself in half. I figure it is worth a try. I am also taking folic acid and vitamin B but I have to stop when I start my metro because they are not supposed to mix. I have to be very careful with the metro. I forgot and gargaled with listerine and became DEATHLY ill for 2 days! Does the metro cause you to get a fungal yeast infection? I always do and have to counter-act it with a suppository for the yeast infection.

+Quote Post
jularee
post Jan 9 2008, 03:33 PM
Post #2279

BUSTie

QUOTE(chantelhugo @ Jan 9 2008, 12:58 AM) *
Has anyone had success with Vitamin C or Garlic? Either vaginally or orally?

I had short-lived success taking Garlique orally for a month or so. I had to drinks A LOT of water though because if I didn't my girly bits smelled like chinese takeout. I love the smell of garlic, just not "down there". lol

+Quote Post
neverending
post Jan 9 2008, 12:41 PM
Post #2280

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(SpRiNkLeS @ Jan 9 2008, 01:44 PM) *
DANG wow, haha that took me like FOREVER to figure out how to post

Hi everyone! Well it's about time I introduce myself seeing as I've been reading here for about 3 months. I never felt I had much to contribute as far as helpful information goes. I have tried EVERYTHING that everyone of you here has suggested and nothing has worked. Last night though a lightbulb finally flickered on. ALL OF US HERE HAVE A HORMONE IMBALANCE. I know some of you have been saying this but I never really payed much attention until I actually decided to read up about hormone imbalances last night and I have WAY more than just a few of the symptoms. Yay! This is so exciting! This totally explains why there are girls here who first got B.V. when they were very young, including being virgins and not all of them douched. I myself first got B.V. during my pregnancy back when I was 21. I am 23 y.o. now and these last two years have been complete hell. Some days I don't even know how to live life anymore. I'm just so damn tired of smelling like SHIT! And no I am not being sarcastic because in addition to the barfy fish smell I also smell like poop. I have a little boy who is still in diapers so sadly when the whiff of poop comes up it's like 50/50 whether it's me or my son.

Ok so I’m not going into detail about my B.V. sob story because that could go on for pages and I’m sure its really the same as everyone else here. Although I do wonder if my BV odor is worse than others of you here. Can anyone else smell up a room? Haha or I should say I have the power to bring a grown man to his knees…………because he’d be puking on the floor from my fumes!! So anyway back to the symptoms of hormone imbalances. Do any of you ladies here have extremely low energy? Depressed? (that one is obvious because of our BV crisis) Sweating? Irritability? Low libido? (another one that could also be thought to be from the BV) Nervousness? Poor concentration? (I was diagnosed with A.D.D. so who knows on that one) and a big one here for a lot of you…vaginal dryness. Of course there are many more symptoms…acne or oily skin, irregular periods, bloating, weight gain, loss of hair, memory lapses, mood swings, sleep disturbances. I’ve had the irregular periods and the excess underarm sweat during my teen years (thank God it went away!) so that is why I know my hormone imbalance started way back when I was young. I think my pregnancy just threw it WAY off balance.

Hun, I feel what you are saying. Everything you are describing is the same thing I use to go through. The shit smell is the worst, then there is the fish and crab smell that can drve a woman nuts. I had everything. Even the ammonia smell.It was horrible! I got rid of this with estroil but try different things to see what works for you. I saw that progesterone can play a part too.Anyway, welcome to the board!

LADIES: DID YOU KNOW THERE IS A DOWN THERE ODOR CONTROL PRODUCT FOR MEN. THIS IS TOO FUNNY. THEY JUMP ON THERE PROBLEMS BUT WE HAVE TO SUFFER. GO FIGURE!

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 112 113 114 115 116 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 22, 2014 - 12:09 AM