Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 217 218 219 220 221 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
autumnbreeze
post Jan 15 2007, 07:19 PM
Post #4361

BUSTie

hmmm: good article! I've been doing some reading about the acid balance as well as how our bodies use (and don't use) oxygen because I keep thinking about how the hydrogen peroxide zaps the BV symptoms immediately and how many women say the same about the boric acid. I read one article about one doctor who used hydrochloric acid to treat vaginal infections way back in 1933 but for some reason or another this was abandoned. I'll see if I can find the article again and post the link. Also, has anyone heard of or tried the Oxygen/Ozone therapy? I came across it in one of my searches but didn't have time to finish reading up on it....

Oh,the internet: I use the Hydrogen Peroxide about once a month. It's the only thing (so far) I can say for certain works immediately with no noticeable side effects. I don't know if any of these remedies are "safe" long term. However, I feel ok using the HP because it is commonly used as a mouthwash/gargle and it's basically water with an extra element of oxygen. I use about 1/4 cup or less. I take a disposable douche bottle, empty the contents out completely, add the HP, lay on my back with a towel under my rump, raise legs up and butt up off the floor and squirt wash inside and let it sit in there for a couple minutes. It sounds like a lot but it only take a few minutes--and for 1-2 weeks of no symptoms, IT'S WORTH IT!! I tried doing it with a syringe but it was just too much trouble. Good luck!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Eralc Alegna
post Jan 15 2007, 03:39 PM
Post #4362

BUSTie

the hydrogen peroxide was used in a study someone put up a link to, and it said 30mL held in the vagina for three minutes. I've tried this to no avail, but some on the board have success with it. At least temporarily.
Welcome!

+Quote Post
pianogirl
post Jan 15 2007, 03:39 PM
Post #4363

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(oh, the internet @ Jan 15 2007, 03:36 PM) *

Hey, thanks.

I have been on birth control. This all started before then, but I was on Yasmin. It was great for my skin etc. but I recently stopped taking it. I have tried two anitbiotics. The first one, I cant remember and the second was Zithromax-- both nothing. Also, miconazole, diflucan, and that one that starts with gly...Nothing. I recentlty tried Metrogel. Which was great for a few days, but I couldnt maintain it. But it was soooo great for those few days. I wouldnt let my new husband touch me though, I didnt want to disrupt anything...I know, mean of me not to share.
I am interested in the hydrogen peroxide, but Im not sure if its safe? ? Also, boric acid sounds good to me....I just have to try it all.
I would appreciate someone letting me know how much h2o2 and how often. or any other ideas...
thank you so much.

Hi

I havent tried the hydrogen peroxide but the boric acid is really great. Just purchase size 00 capsules and fill them with boric acid (you can get boric acid at walmart or cvs) near the pharmacy section. Insert a capsule up there at night time and wear a panty liner during the day. (it gets runny). The boric acid is not a cure but it takes away the smell. I really want to try the H2o2 b/c with the boric acid I dont trust having oral as it can be toxic.

The H2o2 seems more sanitary I believe the ladies are purchasing 3% hydrogen peroxide and using either medicine droppers or funnels to insert the hydrogen peroxide. One even mentioned that they saw a whole punch of guck come out after using. Most of them do it in the shower with their legs/ arse up in a manner so that the hydrogen sits up there for a little while.

Most of us started with the boric but I think you should try the H2o2 as it seems less messy at least thats how I feel after using the boric for about 4 months.

Keep us posted and good luck. smile.gif

Also if I was a little vaugue someone please correct me.

Thanks \\PG mellow.gif

+Quote Post
oh, the internet
post Jan 15 2007, 02:19 PM
Post #4364

Hey, thanks.

I have been on birth control. This all started before then, but I was on Yasmin. It was great for my skin etc. but I recently stopped taking it. I have tried two anitbiotics. The first one, I cant remember and the second was Zithromax-- both nothing. Also, miconazole, diflucan, and that one that starts with gly...Nothing. I recentlty tried Metrogel. Which was great for a few days, but I couldnt maintain it. But it was soooo great for those few days. I wouldnt let my new husband touch me though, I didnt want to disrupt anything...I know, mean of me not to share.
I am interested in the hydrogen peroxide, but Im not sure if its safe? ? Also, boric acid sounds good to me....I just have to try it all.
I would appreciate someone letting me know how much h2o2 and how often. or any other ideas...
thank you so much.

+Quote Post
pianogirl
post Jan 15 2007, 02:02 PM
Post #4365

Hardcore BUSTie

Welcome "oh, the internet."

Neverending sorry to ask so many questions but how many weeks straight did you use the estroil for? thanks
smile.gif

+Quote Post
neverending
post Jan 15 2007, 01:58 PM
Post #4366

Hardcore BUSTie

oh, the internet:Welcome! I hate docs and I think they are useless. They don't care about anything other than what kind of insurance you have. They don't want to cure us because we are money in their eyes. I did my own research and came up with my own cure. Anyway, Tell us what you have tried and if anything seemed to work for you and also have you taken birth control?

+Quote Post
oh, the internet
post Jan 15 2007, 01:27 PM
Post #4367

This is awesome. I have never joined anything like this but I have to say, I am excited for this. I have been walking around with this grossness for about four years. I have been to many different gynocologist for treatments. After the treatment, I have gone back within two weeks to say that it was alleviated for a few days and now its back. My favorites....

Response Gyno 1: "Oh, no. Really what you now have is normal discharge. You just need to get used to it. Sometimes vaginas just get sick."

Gyno 2: I have never seen discharge like this, except with Chlamydia. <<two tests later>> Well, its not chlamydia. Any other questions?

Gyno 3: Use this cream, come back if it doesnt work. -- Called back for appointment couldnt see me for six weeks.

Im not sure if anyone else goes through periods of complete obsession, but the last time I did I also had back pain. I then convinced myself I had PID and went to the hospital. Totally not necessary, but I freaked out. Anyway, the doctor and nurse were so dismissive and a hostile that I had wasted their time (it was totally quiet that day, i was seen in ten minutes). I just went home and gave up.

Sorry to post for so long, but it feels really good to vent without someone looking at you like you are disgusting for allowing yourself to have an infection for soooooo long. Its not like I am keeping it around for fun.

Anyway, after two years of internet searching, I finally found this website. I am so excited to try all this new stuff. It makes me so angry that people who specialize in the female body are so clueless and dismissive. If you dont know, just tell me, instead of wasting my time, getting my hopes up, and in the end telling me that it is just part of being a woman. If a man had discharge, odor, and something that made him feel less sexually desirable you know for sure that there would be people working overtime on that shit.

+Quote Post
sassy
post Jan 15 2007, 01:26 PM
Post #4368

Hardcore BUSTie

I've been doing pretty good. I've been able to cut back on the boric acid by using the hydrogen peroxide. I still didn't find anything to use to get it into my vagina...so I've been just pouring it on the area while in the shower. I also put it on toilet paper and wipe it around my vagina if I notice a smell and it takes it away immediately. None of this is convienent, obviously, but it works. If others have success with the estrogen, I will definately look into getting my hormone levels checked out.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Jan 12 2007, 08:04 PM
Post #4369

Hardcore BUSTie

I KNEW I WAS ON THE RIGHT TRACK! GREAT ARTICLE AND GREAT RESEARCH HMMM.

+Quote Post
hmmm
post Jan 12 2007, 04:00 PM
Post #4370

BUSTie

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlere...cgi?artid=96867

hey guys, check out the above!

+Quote Post
hmmm
post Jan 12 2007, 03:38 PM
Post #4371

BUSTie

Hey guys

My bad, so sorry for the confusion, that should have been maturation index. Something you can request from your gynecologist I think. But I did get desperate to take a trip overseas to see a reproductive gynecologist.

Just do a search, it will explain all to you, I am getting my estrogen cream this weekend.

I hope for all our sakes that this is finally the light at the end of the tunnel.

God BLess

*reproductive endocrinologist

+Quote Post
Eralc Alegna
post Jan 11 2007, 08:01 PM
Post #4372

BUSTie

haven't yet, but i bookmarked the link you posted and was going to use that

+Quote Post
neverending
post Jan 11 2007, 07:33 PM
Post #4373

Hardcore BUSTie

pianogirl:I don't do any maintanence but my daily routine is:Shower, then I put Monistat chafing relief powder-gel on and that keeps down the heat down below, then I put the vagisil deodorant powder in my undies, then I top it off with feminine spray on the kitty. I do most of that because I really don't have confidence yet.Maybe one day I might be able to get over this but until then I would rather be safe than sorry.

Eralc Alegna: I think 3 and used 2 and a half! The third is for the maintanence. You'll see how it works when you get the package.Which website did you order from?

+Quote Post
Eralc Alegna
post Jan 11 2007, 01:48 PM
Post #4374

BUSTie

Thanks for the clarification neverending!

I keep forgetting to ask you, how much estroil will I need to order? You said it was about 3 months before you got results and I don't want to pay for shipping more than once

+Quote Post
pianogirl
post Jan 11 2007, 01:25 PM
Post #4375

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(neverending @ Jan 11 2007, 02:32 PM) *

Luteinizing hormone (LH) is a hormone
Follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) is a hormone
Parabasal cells are the smallest epithelial cells seen on a typical vaginal smear.
matriculation index? I HAVE NO CLUE!

Neverending I am so happy that you dont have this problem anymore.

What do you do for maintanence>??

thanks smile.gif smile.gif

+Quote Post
neverending
post Jan 11 2007, 01:15 PM
Post #4376

Hardcore BUSTie

Luteinizing hormone (LH) is a hormone
Follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) is a hormone
Parabasal cells are the smallest epithelial cells seen on a typical vaginal smear.
matriculation index? I HAVE NO CLUE!

+Quote Post
Eralc Alegna
post Jan 11 2007, 12:05 PM
Post #4377

BUSTie

Thanks for the advice shendy. I found another message board about some "acne cure" and ordered some 10% glycolic acid cream to use as it suggested. I'll give tea tree oil another shot or the hydrocortizone cream if that doesn't help.
I think I'm going to order the estroil too. I found Chaste tree (aka agnus castus) in liquid form yesterday but didn't buy. We know the estroil for sure worked in at least one case...
Hmmm, your post is interesting, but I at least am not educated enough to be familliar with what you're referring to. Whats LH and FSH? What is a matriculation index? Parabasal cells?
Really? my vagina might not be "mature" enough yet? It's just going through that difficult adolecent stage then I suppose?

+Quote Post
hmmm
post Jan 10 2007, 09:51 PM
Post #4378

BUSTie

THANK GOD!!!

+Quote Post
neverending
post Jan 10 2007, 09:45 PM
Post #4379

Hardcore BUSTie

Eralc Alegna: I don't know if it helped any because I was still using it when I had my miscarriage.(I did'nt know I was pregnant)

+Quote Post
hmmm
post Jan 10 2007, 09:37 PM
Post #4380

BUSTie

Good night all,

Like some persons here I have had vaginal discharge with no smell. I visited a reproductive endocrinologist last year and had a series of hormonal tests done. My results were pretty good with my LH and my FSH being a little lower than normal. Also, an ertemely high prolactin level, this is the hormone that influences the production breast milk in individuals.

However, what I had done that was never done before was a matriculation index, which resulted in abnormal results of 90-10-10. She explained to me that my vaginal had only ten percent mature cells, ten percent intermediate cells and 90 percent parabasal cells. GO figure.

Anyhow, I went through all of that to say that I am definitely getting on the band wagon for the local estrogen since that is what is supposed to increase the mature cells in the vagina.

Just thought I would share my two cents worth, since I finally got some light shed tonight.

Thank you guys so much!!!!

P.S. I would definitely get a matriculation index done and check out the results. I think this can be done by a regular gynecologist, to cut down the cost. Thanks again!

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 217 218 219 220 221 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 23, 2014 - 11:50 PM