Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 94 95 96 97 98 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
kristen
post Mar 12 2008, 12:27 PM
Post #1901

BUSTie

i just got back from the doctor and i have strep throat. he gave me penicillin, i'm just wondering if any of ya'll have gotten yeast infections from penicillin and will it kill any of those stinky bastards in my vag. what should be my plan of action while taking the penicillin.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
stressed43
post Mar 12 2008, 11:45 AM
Post #1902

BUSTie

hey girls

I have been takin FemD for just a couple days and the smell is completely gone. But you know how if you have BV the inside of your vagina is like really wet or has that thin white/grey disharge that comes out? I still have that, but now it doesn't smell gross. Do you think that goes away in time too? or that it will stay? And what is that all about anyway?

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Mar 12 2008, 11:13 AM
Post #1903

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(JJ27 @ Mar 12 2008, 03:37 PM) *
Thank you for the link! I will check it out. Everybody bodies are different and I feel you just have to try everything and see what works best for you. My BV doesn't have an odor just a discharge, burning feeling, sex sometimes hurts, and I'm really sore the next day. I just started the Fem D and will call the Dr. for Clindesse and wait a month if I still have it then I will try the TTO. But I will read the the website first to see how I will proceed.

I quit smoking one year ago tongue.gif and developed BV afterwards. I am in menopause for five yrs now and like I had said awhile back it totally throws off your flora. First I was getting yeast infections and now BV. My question is how can you apply a TTO suppository without it touching your vaginal lining?

I use 00 Gel Caps, and use a baby medicine dropper to fill the gel cap. You can also buy the TTO suppositories already filled, from what I've heard on this board. I just used one two nights ago, because I had sex this past weekend, and this time, I put a couple of drops of water in it, because of what people have said on this board as far as diluting it, and only used half of TTO. But, I usually do not dilute it. And when it's placed in the gel cap, it takes time to desolve. The tto does not burn or irratate me, as long as I wait a day after sex. But, it restores the Flora for me. I have no BV symptoms at all. And I ONLY use this after sex. I don't use it any other time, because I don't need to.

+Quote Post
JJ27
post Mar 12 2008, 09:20 AM
Post #1904

BUSTie

Thank you for the link! I will check it out. Everybody bodies are different and I feel you just have to try everything and see what works best for you. My BV doesn't have an odor just a discharge, burning feeling, sex sometimes hurts, and I'm really sore the next day. I just started the Fem D and will call the Dr. for Clindesse and wait a month if I still have it then I will try the TTO. But I will read the the website first to see how I will proceed.

I quit smoking one year ago tongue.gif and developed BV afterwards. I am in menopause for five yrs now and like I had said awhile back it totally throws off your flora. First I was getting yeast infections and now BV. My question is how can you apply a TTO suppository without it touching your vaginal lining?

QUOTE(jewelscando @ Mar 8 2008, 12:52 PM) *
Well, just like anything, what works for you, is what you need to continue to do.

I found another website that might be helpfull to some of you newbies.

Here's a clip from it:

Tea tree oil suppositories or douches. With this Bacterial Vaginosis remedy, you insert diluted Tea tree oil or tea tree oil suppositories directly into your vagina for up to 6 weeks. Apparently tea tree oil is thought to have antifungal properties that attack the “bad” bacteria that cause Bacterial Vaginosis. Please note that you should never apply tea tree oil directly to the sensitive vaginal lining as it can cause an allergic reaction.

http://www.bacterialvaginosisrecurrent.com..._that_work.html

Again, I really believe in what Lori says. I think BV must be treated from the inside out. What she's using, has killed her BV, however, I personally feel she's been very lucky that it has not returned, and does not have to continue with the pills.

I know with myself, there's lifestyle things that cause mine, IE smoking. And once I give that up, I might not have to continue with the preventative. I also had a hysterectomy, so I do not have periods like most of you. I am I'm sure getting close to starting menopause, which I'm sure your V Book states that this can trigger the imbalance in the vagina which might cause BV.

So, for now, I will continue with the Tea Tree Oil, because it's working. If it stops working, then I will spend the money on the other stuff Lori suggests!!

Thanks for all your input!! Especially yours Lori!! I love hearing what you have to say!

+Quote Post
fustrated
post Mar 12 2008, 06:52 AM
Post #1905

Lori -- I have started a course of flagyl and fem-d. I started both on Saturday. My question to you is when you did your course of Flagyl and fem-d, when did you start seeing results and when you know that your body felt "normal". I did a coure of Clandesse (sp?) last Tuesday and started Flagy and fem-d on Saturday. On Sunday (yesterday) I felt really good. I knew I still had BV but not bad at all. But today (Monday) the symtoms are worse. Did you have symptoms while you took your flagyl and fem-d and if so, when did you start noticing a difference. Did you still have signs of BV when you got done with the course of flagyl? I hope my question makes sense. Again I know our bodies are different. I have researched this myself, not to your extent, but the clincial tests show that healthy bacteria starts growing in 7days, however if I am taking an antibodic, is that killing the fem-d I am taking and stopping any good bacteria that grows? I guess I am confused on that part. Are they saying to take the fem-d to get my body use to the probodtic or is it actually helping during my course of flagyl? Thank you for doing all your research. I was taking Femonal, and thought I was seeing results, but the BV came back. I found this site by accident and the flagyl and fem-d made sense to me. I don't know if will work for me, but it is worth trying. The blogs I have read on this site state that the fem-d did not work for them, but they never really said if they took the fem-d with the Flagyl. I am hoping that following the study will work for me. Okay, sorry to keep writing. Thanks again for your research.

+Quote Post
lori
post Mar 11 2008, 01:20 PM
Post #1906

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(arj75 @ Mar 11 2008, 03:22 AM) *
Quiet Madness..I tried to find that 20/20 show myself online and didnt have much luck..but I spent maybe a whole five minutes looking and said F**k it..I'll just wait til I get it from my sis. I just found it interesting.

It is interesting. I think I found it:

http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/story?id=2287206&page=1

It's not really about BV, but still interesting.

Lori I remember reading somewhere maybe the V-book? That if you feel you must douche..that there are more safer times during a womans cycle in which to do that..in order to keep from pushing any bacteria up further..but I don't remember what the hell it said. Does anyone know that?...I'm not above it either. lol Also..Lori, how long did you use condoms until you decided to make the leap of faith, or did you say you still have your mate use them?

No condoms.

I don't remember if the V book said douching is safer at a certain time of the month. I'll look it up later.

--------------------

+Quote Post
swtgrl
post Mar 11 2008, 07:17 AM
Post #1907

BUSTie

GOOD Grief ladies, this thing is awful! this is the first time i've had it and i couldn't imagine having it again and again like I've read! i hope it gets better for all of you.

i just have a question or two...my doctor doesn't tell me anything and i am in the process of finding a new one! dry.gif

I am taking Clindesse and am on the pill. My last active pill was saturday so I started my period and my last dosage of clindesse was also on sunday evening. Will it still work? It seems like it has.

And when is it ok to have sex again? I don't want to give it to my boyfriend, if that's possible, or get it again! ohmy.gif

JR

+Quote Post
paige
post Mar 11 2008, 05:06 AM
Post #1908

BUSTie

QUOTE(fustrated @ Mar 10 2008, 10:25 PM) *
were they bad and did you do the course of flagyl and fem-d or just the fem-d. just curious, don't mean to be nosy

The first two weeks no. I just started flagyl this week. I was good without the flagyl so I do not take it everyday. I have used just about everything the ladies here said worked for them. I found one the works for me and the fem-d I do need because I eat all the bad foods.

+Quote Post
arj75
post Mar 11 2008, 04:05 AM
Post #1909

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(neverending @ Mar 9 2008, 10:08 PM) *
MRSA is really getting bad everywhere. I think a little boy in New York died of MRSA. How do you know if your a carrier? Is there a test or something? If your hospitalized do they run tests for it? Sorry so many questions but this disease, if it is a disease, is getting really bad.

LADIES; EVERYTHING IS STILL GREAT ON THIS END AND YES, THE NUVARING IS A GREAT FORM OF BIRTH CONTROL. I LOVE IT! MY BREAST HAVE EVEN PERKED BACK UP AND THEY ARE NOT SORE THE WAY THEY WERE WHEN I FIRST STARTED.

Neverending...I really don't know what doctors are doing as far as testing for it. I don't think they are worried about it unless you get crazy boil type blisters and then well, get your ass to the hospital. I'll have get that paper off my old computer..as far as how many people as actual carriers of MRSA. We all have staff naturally on our skin. (I know you already know that) But what's causing the panic is MRSA is difficult to get rid of and used to basically just be found in nursing homes or people who had been hospitalized for whatever reason and picked it up there. The information I found was that 45/55% of people were now carrriers of MRSA - the fear?- is that those people hadn't been to a doctor, hospital or nursing home or anywhere that they could write off the reason of where they could have picked it up at. When I get time..I post all the links and statistics of everything that I found.

Quiet Madness..I tried to find that 20/20 show myself online and didnt have much luck..but I spent maybe a whole five minutes looking and said F**k it..I'll just wait til I get it from my sis. I just found it interesting. That disorder is VERY rare, those poor people who suffer from that have the smell coming out of their sweat glands, urine, mouth, and mucous membranes. They can't metabolism certain foods correctly..which leaves them with the funky fishy body odor. But..now researchers are starting to test women with chronic BV.. and some cases finding very high amounts of that same chemical in women's urine with bv. Certain foods ( I'm still looking for list..but some I know are fish, lentils, and B vitamins sad.gif. I'll get back with you. There is no cure for those poor people ( its mostly women who have the syndrome) they completly lack the enzymes to break everything down, but, they basically stay on low doses of Flagyl to keep the bacteria from building up in their gut.. and some of the more fortunate have been able to improve the odor by excluding certain foods from the diet.....

Lori I remember reading somewhere maybe the V-book? That if you feel you must douche..that there are more safer times during a womans cycle in which to do that..in order to keep from pushing any bacteria up further..but I don't remember what the hell it said. Does anyone know that?...I'm not above it either. lol Also..Lori, how long did you use condoms until you decided to make the leap of faith, or did you say you still have your mate use them?

Until I get some tea tree oil to try, I will use the boric while I'm on my period, and in the middle of my cycle. I'm not getting any action in the bedroom..or I would use it after that too. lol

+Quote Post
kristen
post Mar 10 2008, 09:47 PM
Post #1910

BUSTie

i went back and looked at all the enzara posts seems most everyone who tried it felt it was a scam. fine with me because i didn't really want to try it becasue the name sounds gross to me... i know how funny that might sound. but i am still curious how is it supossed to work and what is it. i am so tired of avoiding sex it has put so much stress on my boyfriend and i this past year, and i'm so tired of endless late nights researching the internet. will this ever end. i want to get the fem d just need to find it.

+Quote Post
kristen
post Mar 10 2008, 09:47 PM
Post #1911

BUSTie

i went back and looked at all the enzara posts seems most everyone who tried it felt it was a scam. fine with me because i didn't really want to try it becasue the name sounds gross to me... i know how funny that might sound. but i am still curious how is it supossed to work and what is it. i am so tired of avoiding sex it has put so much stress on my boyfriend and i this past year, and i'm so tired of endless late nights researching the internet. will this ever end. i want to get the fem d just need to find it.

+Quote Post
kristen
post Mar 10 2008, 09:21 PM
Post #1912

BUSTie

its been a while since i have posted anything, but i have been keeping up with every one elses posts. i stop by here every day to see whats new. any way, i want to try the fem d but cannot find it. at least not anywhere near by. i was wondering about enzara. i dont know anything about it and i dont even like the name. i just want to know has anyone tried it and how is it supossed to work. i remember some one asked about it a while back but i dont remember an answer. everything is the same with me the smell usually doesn't get to bad but i just can't get rid of the discharge. everywhere i read it talks about a watery discharge, mine isn't watery its white and i guess kinda slimy, people have been using the word snot. something like that maybe, just smooth slimy and white and, but enough on that. alot of new people posting this last week or so. lets you see just how many poeple have this crap and can't get rid of it. its been like 8 or 9 monthes since i have been to the doc i think i'm going to give that another go but i have moved and need to find one. plus i cant take flagyl cuz it makes me vomit for hours untill i pass out on the bathroom floor so i just figure whats the point.

+Quote Post
britt8705
post Mar 10 2008, 09:06 PM
Post #1913

BUSTie

Hi Ladies,

I hope relief is on it's way FAST! I havent been on here like I should...mostly due to depresion :'( but anyways. Wat is the new remedies? Im so feed up im willing to try Boric Acid just a few months ago I swear to myself I would neva put that up there. How well does the Boric Acid work and where can I get the Boric Acid in capsules?

+Quote Post
JoanClayton
post Mar 10 2008, 09:02 PM
Post #1914

BUSTie

I have been taking the Fem D for almost 2 weeks (2 pills a day) and it is NOT WORKING FOR ME...It made it WORSE....I had the oral flagyl and I can't find it now.

I just think that its making it leave the body thats why its getting worse.

I was taking Vitamin C, Folic, and B Complex prior to this and it wasn't as bad...But the vitamins made me really nauseous...I don't know if you have to drink a lot lot lot of water when taking vitamins.

I HATE THIS.

+Quote Post
fustrated
post Mar 10 2008, 08:08 PM
Post #1915

QUOTE(paige @ Mar 10 2008, 06:38 PM) *
yes i did

were they bad and did you do the course of flagyl and fem-d or just the fem-d. just curious, don't mean to be nosy

+Quote Post
paige
post Mar 10 2008, 06:21 PM
Post #1916

BUSTie

QUOTE(fustrated @ Mar 10 2008, 08:04 PM) *
That is re-assuring Paige. My question to you is when you started taking fem-d, did you have bv symptoms?

yes i did

+Quote Post
swtgrl
post Mar 10 2008, 06:14 PM
Post #1917

BUSTie

Grief ladies, this thing is awful! this is the first time i've had it and i couldn't imagine having it again and again like I've read! i hope it gets better for all of you.

i just have a question or two...my doctor doesn't tell me anything and i am in the process of finding a new one!

I am taking Clindesse and am on the pill my last active pill was saturday so I started my period and my last dosage of clindesse was also on sunday evening. Will it still work? It seems like it has.

And when is it ok to have sex again? I don't want to give it to my boyfriend, if that's possible, or get it again!

+Quote Post
fustrated
post Mar 10 2008, 05:47 PM
Post #1918

QUOTE(paige @ Mar 10 2008, 03:37 PM) *
Hi everyone i have been taking fem-d two weeks now no smell no bv . Iam very happy tongue.gif

That is re-assuring Paige. My question to you is when you started taking fem-d, did you have bv symptoms?

+Quote Post
paige
post Mar 10 2008, 03:20 PM
Post #1919

BUSTie

Hi everyone i have been taking fem-d two weeks now no smell no bv . Iam very happy tongue.gif

+Quote Post
CarrieBradshaw
post Mar 10 2008, 02:48 PM
Post #1920

BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ Mar 10 2008, 01:52 PM) *
Well, the flow of your period is really based upon your Uterus contracting to get it out. That's atleast what my doctor told me before I had my hysterectomy. I was having LITERALLY 20 day periods, and he explained to me that because my Uterus was so swollen, from endometriosis, that It was taking 20 days for my uterus to "Squeeze" it all out. (Hense, cramps during periods) So, as far as it being your muscles... I don't believe it has anything to do with your "Muscles". And most importantly, I don't have periods. I haven't had periods now for around 7yrs.... and I've had BV going on 6yrs now.

yah that's what I figured. i didn't really mean it was having trouble getting periods out, just getting everything out in general. maybe my uterus isn't pushing hard enough then. lol. i dunno, just another random thought of mine about BV. have a great day everyone. smile.gif

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 94 95 96 97 98 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
7 User(s) are reading this topic (7 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 24, 2014 - 07:30 PM